Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Roles/jobs for your dragons?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
I have so many roles so I'll ping myself here @Rookery so that I can update this list later:

Matriarch(s) - Varied. First Matriarch was Thesie, my custom progen.
(Official) Guard(s) - Zillo and Wynterr (random progen).

Diviners - Hoarfrost and Dibella. Might include Shezmu and others.
Messengers - Sandstorm and Fireheart.
Refugees - A BUNCH OF DRAGONS IN MY LAIR. These guys have varied roles during their stay.
Assassins - Viscerastrike and Parvifolium. The former kills only genuine baddies but the latter... Well...

Mothers - Zillo, etc. These dragons are babysitters but are really, REALLY maternal. Will gladly take care of orphans and hatchlings that are brought into the clan.
Breeders - Mirokko, Katrina, etc. They basically have eggs with anybody for the sake of bringing new dragons into the world. Loved and greatly appreciated by infertile couples.
Teachers - Varied. Self-explanatory.

Will put more later!

I have so many roles so I'll ping myself here @Rookery so that I can update this list later:

Matriarch(s) - Varied. First Matriarch was Thesie, my custom progen.
(Official) Guard(s) - Zillo and Wynterr (random progen).

Diviners - Hoarfrost and Dibella. Might include Shezmu and others.
Messengers - Sandstorm and Fireheart.
Refugees - A BUNCH OF DRAGONS IN MY LAIR. These guys have varied roles during their stay.
Assassins - Viscerastrike and Parvifolium. The former kills only genuine baddies but the latter... Well...

Mothers - Zillo, etc. These dragons are babysitters but are really, REALLY maternal. Will gladly take care of orphans and hatchlings that are brought into the clan.
Breeders - Mirokko, Katrina, etc. They basically have eggs with anybody for the sake of bringing new dragons into the world. Loved and greatly appreciated by infertile couples.
Teachers - Varied. Self-explanatory.

Will put more later!

w7Z8MA5.png
@eternalstar (so i can update this list later)

leader: poseidon, since he's the founder of the clan

messenger/familiar caretaker: chrysanthemum (she takes care of the familiars without dragons, and also raises sakura and wildwood owlets to be messenger owls)

diggers: vulca and rhodolite (while half of my clan's den is above ground, the rest is dug into the cliff beneath it, so somebody's gotta carve out all that dirt)

guard: neptune

gardeners: maple (come on, he's a tree) and tropos

astronomer: axl

engineers: unbirthday and thing 1

blacksmith/metalworker: quicksilver

explorer: ace (she wants to be a pirate...)
@eternalstar (so i can update this list later)

leader: poseidon, since he's the founder of the clan

messenger/familiar caretaker: chrysanthemum (she takes care of the familiars without dragons, and also raises sakura and wildwood owlets to be messenger owls)

diggers: vulca and rhodolite (while half of my clan's den is above ground, the rest is dug into the cliff beneath it, so somebody's gotta carve out all that dirt)

guard: neptune

gardeners: maple (come on, he's a tree) and tropos

astronomer: axl

engineers: unbirthday and thing 1

blacksmith/metalworker: quicksilver

explorer: ace (she wants to be a pirate...)
otfajr.jpg
I like the idea of assigning roles to my dragons. It makes it much easier to construct personality and clan lore! I don't always list their roles in their biographies, it's more for my own reference. I'm just going to list some of the roles I have right now for my clan.

-Clan Leader (Matriarch in this case)

Light Flight-specific
-Scribe
-Librarian (includes organization and archival)
-Field Researcher
-Researcher/Analyst
-Couriers (communication between Field Researchers and the clan)
-Linguist
-Geologist (don't have one yet, but I plan to bring in an Earth dragon for this role)

General
-Gathering: Hunting, Fishing, Insect Gathering, Foraging
-Guard/Sentry
-Food Storage Management
-Cook
-Hatchling Care
-Construction/Carpenter/Craftsman(craftsdragon?)
-Medicine

I like the idea of assigning roles to my dragons. It makes it much easier to construct personality and clan lore! I don't always list their roles in their biographies, it's more for my own reference. I'm just going to list some of the roles I have right now for my clan.

-Clan Leader (Matriarch in this case)

Light Flight-specific
-Scribe
-Librarian (includes organization and archival)
-Field Researcher
-Researcher/Analyst
-Couriers (communication between Field Researchers and the clan)
-Linguist
-Geologist (don't have one yet, but I plan to bring in an Earth dragon for this role)

General
-Gathering: Hunting, Fishing, Insect Gathering, Foraging
-Guard/Sentry
-Food Storage Management
-Cook
-Hatchling Care
-Construction/Carpenter/Craftsman(craftsdragon?)
-Medicine

cDNKY5y.gif
Oh boy. Here we go.

-Ruler (aka tyrant but you'd get slapped if you called her that)
-Second in Command (pretty much a figurehead)
-Trainers (I have 2, they're great for leveling others up quickly)
-Priests and Priestesses (aka flight ambassadors with some powers)
-Advisor (actually second in command, but not in title)
-Captain of the Guard (Captain of the Guard and Guards make up a coli team)
-Guards
-Assassin
-Seer/Oracle
-Potions Maker
-Healer
-Fisher
-Treasurer (handles treasure and transactions)
-Clan Ambassador (meet-and-greet guy that does public relations stuff)
-Messenger (written correspondence)
-Engineer
-Scientist
-Singer
-Caretaker (minds the hatchlings)
-Hunter
-Gatherer
-Cook
-Mechanic
-Prisoner (I had to do SOMETHING with my progens while the Ruler took over)
Oh boy. Here we go.

-Ruler (aka tyrant but you'd get slapped if you called her that)
-Second in Command (pretty much a figurehead)
-Trainers (I have 2, they're great for leveling others up quickly)
-Priests and Priestesses (aka flight ambassadors with some powers)
-Advisor (actually second in command, but not in title)
-Captain of the Guard (Captain of the Guard and Guards make up a coli team)
-Guards
-Assassin
-Seer/Oracle
-Potions Maker
-Healer
-Fisher
-Treasurer (handles treasure and transactions)
-Clan Ambassador (meet-and-greet guy that does public relations stuff)
-Messenger (written correspondence)
-Engineer
-Scientist
-Singer
-Caretaker (minds the hatchlings)
-Hunter
-Gatherer
-Cook
-Mechanic
-Prisoner (I had to do SOMETHING with my progens while the Ruler took over)
AUGUSTUS_COMPLETE.gif
I love this whole idea! Everyone in my clan has a special job.

Clan Leader: *** CaptainBlue, Son of River
Previous Leader (Now wise “Elder”): *** River
Educator/Mentor: *** Hecate
Medic(s): *** Iridessa and her daughter, Sunnina (In-training)
Hatchling & Elderly Caregiver: *** Sakura
Familiar Caregiver: *** Lilith
Lookout/Sentry: *** Nimbus
Messenger: *** DessertSpring (Our clan’s fastest dragon in the air)
Lead Hunters & Warriors: *** Atlantis & Tartarus
Scavenger/ Ace Warrior & Hunter: *** WildThorn (Our Clan’s fastest dragon on land)
Lead Forager and Gardener: *** Forest
Lead Bug Catcher: *** Cricket
Mage/Shaman: *** Estelle
Special occasions & Party planner: *** Carnival
Singers/Entertainers: *** Seraphine, VioletStorm, Alphonso, & Tiay
Treasurer: *** Ra
Knowledge Keeper & Librarian: *** Aristoltle
Undertaker/Mortician: *** Revenant

And this is just so far XD
I love this whole idea! Everyone in my clan has a special job.

Clan Leader: *** CaptainBlue, Son of River
Previous Leader (Now wise “Elder”): *** River
Educator/Mentor: *** Hecate
Medic(s): *** Iridessa and her daughter, Sunnina (In-training)
Hatchling & Elderly Caregiver: *** Sakura
Familiar Caregiver: *** Lilith
Lookout/Sentry: *** Nimbus
Messenger: *** DessertSpring (Our clan’s fastest dragon in the air)
Lead Hunters & Warriors: *** Atlantis & Tartarus
Scavenger/ Ace Warrior & Hunter: *** WildThorn (Our Clan’s fastest dragon on land)
Lead Forager and Gardener: *** Forest
Lead Bug Catcher: *** Cricket
Mage/Shaman: *** Estelle
Special occasions & Party planner: *** Carnival
Singers/Entertainers: *** Seraphine, VioletStorm, Alphonso, & Tiay
Treasurer: *** Ra
Knowledge Keeper & Librarian: *** Aristoltle
Undertaker/Mortician: *** Revenant

And this is just so far XD
skittyicon_by_skitty_scarlett.gif
sleeping_skitty_by_acidkitty3-d4pwkq5.gif
ALL MY DRAGONS ARE BAND NERDS

There. I said it.
ALL MY DRAGONS ARE BAND NERDS

There. I said it.
1WhYQHt.png
I'm just starting to get into lore and things for my dragons. So far I just have my progen as the clan founder and patriarch, and one that I dubbed the traveler as he likes exploring. I'll eventually figure out a clan healer and a priest/priestess. I have one right now that kind of looks druidish so that cold be another option.
I'm just starting to get into lore and things for my dragons. So far I just have my progen as the clan founder and patriarch, and one that I dubbed the traveler as he likes exploring. I'll eventually figure out a clan healer and a priest/priestess. I have one right now that kind of looks druidish so that cold be another option.
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
@OreoMilkshake
I've thought about jobs based on site mechanics but so far all I've got are warriors and my matriarch/huntress of the clan. It's a good idea though!
Oh and also I've got a historian that specializes in Second Age, to explain all the human references surrounding my dragons like names and stuff. And her assistant, who writes down the history and important stuff about our clan specifically.
@OreoMilkshake
I've thought about jobs based on site mechanics but so far all I've got are warriors and my matriarch/huntress of the clan. It's a good idea though!
Oh and also I've got a historian that specializes in Second Age, to explain all the human references surrounding my dragons like names and stuff. And her assistant, who writes down the history and important stuff about our clan specifically.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Let's see how many of the roles/jobs I can list off the top of my head...

Clan Founder: Radiant. He is not the clan leader, but the dragon who founded the clan.
Clan Leader: Aurelia. Self explanatory.
Clan Deputy: Silver, Aurelia's mate. Works under her, like a partial assistant.
Clan Secretaries: Kotone, Hibiki. My clan must have two secretaries, one male, one male.
Historian: Brycen, Kyoichi. Responsible for keeping track of significant events in the clan, and jotting them down. Also have the role of lecturing telling the clan's history to any new dragons.
Healers: Ayako, Chishio. They heal in-clan injuries or sickness. On that note, there's a sub-category for healers.
- Herbal Brewers: Make concoctions or other medicinal potions.
Messangers: There's a lot of messengers in my clan. They deliver messages between clan mates and dragons outside the clan.
Dancers: Akira, Hideki, Makoto, Soichi and Etsuko. Dancers serve as entertainment for clan mates and are highly respected.
Nest Carers: Akiyoshi, Touya. They watch over nests when the mother/father of the nest cannot be there to guard them.
Hatchling Carers: Amber, Kouki. They are the ones who care for hatchlings with in-clan parents who can't care for them at times.
Hatchling Guardians: Yukari, Seiji. They care for hatchings from outside of the clan who have come to live in the clan.
Head of Houses: My clan has houses, which are basically divisions for the larger families (usually which have three generations or more in the clan), where they can discuss family related issues. The Head of House is the leader of the family, and will always be female.
The Chaser: Only one dragon has this job. And it's her lifestyle. The clan does not consider it a 'job' at all. It belongs to Botan, and she, as The Chaser, chases out any dragons (usually hatchlings) which she thinks are gorgeous, and bring out her jealousy. Long story as to why she does so.
Décor: A whole family of dragons who manage the appearance of the clan's nests and dens.
Gardeners: Run by the same family that manages décor, they tend to the clan's flora.
Warriors: Another word for the coliseum team.
Fighters: These are dragons who do not fight in the coliseum, but end violence within the clan, which is pretty much non-existent.
Etiquette Master: This belongs to one dragon only, Jessie. She teaches clan etiquette.
Scribes: This one has several meanings. It can either refer to:
1. Dragons who write official clan documents.
2. Dragons who are experts in more than one form of draconic writing.
3. Dragons who write stories or poetry.
There are also special scribes, who are responsible for doing the ritual of writing one's name onto my clan's Tree of Acceptance.
Linguists: There's three of these in the clan (Sakiko, Lilac and Tsumugu). These dragons know more than one draconic tongue, as there's about 3 languages spoken within my clan. They teach dragons the most common language used in the clan, our local dialect!
Artists: Self-explanatory
Mages: They work with magic of all sorts. Some of the mages know how to curse some pretty rad curses.
Peacekeepers: They keep peace. They've been around since the dawn of the clan, but no one actually knows why they're in the clan in the first place.
Astronomer: Self-explanatory. They also use the stars for fortune telling, and use the signs of the zodiac very often.

oh my god I didn't know I had THIS many roles

Let's see how many of the roles/jobs I can list off the top of my head...

Clan Founder: Radiant. He is not the clan leader, but the dragon who founded the clan.
Clan Leader: Aurelia. Self explanatory.
Clan Deputy: Silver, Aurelia's mate. Works under her, like a partial assistant.
Clan Secretaries: Kotone, Hibiki. My clan must have two secretaries, one male, one male.
Historian: Brycen, Kyoichi. Responsible for keeping track of significant events in the clan, and jotting them down. Also have the role of lecturing telling the clan's history to any new dragons.
Healers: Ayako, Chishio. They heal in-clan injuries or sickness. On that note, there's a sub-category for healers.
- Herbal Brewers: Make concoctions or other medicinal potions.
Messangers: There's a lot of messengers in my clan. They deliver messages between clan mates and dragons outside the clan.
Dancers: Akira, Hideki, Makoto, Soichi and Etsuko. Dancers serve as entertainment for clan mates and are highly respected.
Nest Carers: Akiyoshi, Touya. They watch over nests when the mother/father of the nest cannot be there to guard them.
Hatchling Carers: Amber, Kouki. They are the ones who care for hatchlings with in-clan parents who can't care for them at times.
Hatchling Guardians: Yukari, Seiji. They care for hatchings from outside of the clan who have come to live in the clan.
Head of Houses: My clan has houses, which are basically divisions for the larger families (usually which have three generations or more in the clan), where they can discuss family related issues. The Head of House is the leader of the family, and will always be female.
The Chaser: Only one dragon has this job. And it's her lifestyle. The clan does not consider it a 'job' at all. It belongs to Botan, and she, as The Chaser, chases out any dragons (usually hatchlings) which she thinks are gorgeous, and bring out her jealousy. Long story as to why she does so.
Décor: A whole family of dragons who manage the appearance of the clan's nests and dens.
Gardeners: Run by the same family that manages décor, they tend to the clan's flora.
Warriors: Another word for the coliseum team.
Fighters: These are dragons who do not fight in the coliseum, but end violence within the clan, which is pretty much non-existent.
Etiquette Master: This belongs to one dragon only, Jessie. She teaches clan etiquette.
Scribes: This one has several meanings. It can either refer to:
1. Dragons who write official clan documents.
2. Dragons who are experts in more than one form of draconic writing.
3. Dragons who write stories or poetry.
There are also special scribes, who are responsible for doing the ritual of writing one's name onto my clan's Tree of Acceptance.
Linguists: There's three of these in the clan (Sakiko, Lilac and Tsumugu). These dragons know more than one draconic tongue, as there's about 3 languages spoken within my clan. They teach dragons the most common language used in the clan, our local dialect!
Artists: Self-explanatory
Mages: They work with magic of all sorts. Some of the mages know how to curse some pretty rad curses.
Peacekeepers: They keep peace. They've been around since the dawn of the clan, but no one actually knows why they're in the clan in the first place.
Astronomer: Self-explanatory. They also use the stars for fortune telling, and use the signs of the zodiac very often.

oh my god I didn't know I had THIS many roles

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
- Clan leader: Well... Leads the whole clan and decides what dragons are sent to serve the Deity.
- Clan successor: Leader's mate and so has the second word if the leader can't decide for sure about something. Usually works as a fight breaker in arguments.
- Clan founder: Has the "elder" position and can affect some choices made by the leading pair. Can decide against exalting a dragon if wishes to.
- Head of the guard: Two dragons can have this title. They decide about the shifts of the lair guard.
- Guard: Guards the lair site.
- The great mother: Helps with making decisions when needed.
- Courier/Heavy cargo courier: Courier takes care of the letters sent by other clans, and delivers clan's own letters to elsewhere. Heavy cargo courier takes care of carrying heavy items to other clans etc.
- Superior Healer/doctor: Takes care of fatally injured patients, teaches new healers and has power over other titled healers.
- Mage/Scholar: Mages and scholars are the magicians, helping with identifying unknown magical powers etc.
- Treasure keeper: Looks after the treasury.
- Coli trainer: Trains fodder dragons and farms resources at the Coli.
- Resource gatherer: Is part of the gathering troops that mine minerals, scavenges, hunts etc.

There are more but I think that's enough. ^.^
- Clan leader: Well... Leads the whole clan and decides what dragons are sent to serve the Deity.
- Clan successor: Leader's mate and so has the second word if the leader can't decide for sure about something. Usually works as a fight breaker in arguments.
- Clan founder: Has the "elder" position and can affect some choices made by the leading pair. Can decide against exalting a dragon if wishes to.
- Head of the guard: Two dragons can have this title. They decide about the shifts of the lair guard.
- Guard: Guards the lair site.
- The great mother: Helps with making decisions when needed.
- Courier/Heavy cargo courier: Courier takes care of the letters sent by other clans, and delivers clan's own letters to elsewhere. Heavy cargo courier takes care of carrying heavy items to other clans etc.
- Superior Healer/doctor: Takes care of fatally injured patients, teaches new healers and has power over other titled healers.
- Mage/Scholar: Mages and scholars are the magicians, helping with identifying unknown magical powers etc.
- Treasure keeper: Looks after the treasury.
- Coli trainer: Trains fodder dragons and farms resources at the Coli.
- Resource gatherer: Is part of the gathering troops that mine minerals, scavenges, hunts etc.

There are more but I think that's enough. ^.^
zp1xBoR.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16