Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 52 53
@syn

I whole heartedly agree with you, as a player that joined last window. It'd be great to see the sprites in the circulation as well as any other future holiday familiars. I don't mind working towards something, but it shouldn't have to become a nuisance. That'd just take the fun out of the game, as for ks/downtime familiars, I guess I wouldn't mind if they were added as well, even though the only ks- starter I really care about is the bonefiend XD and boolean should be added for sure since it has an achievement tied to it
@syn

I whole heartedly agree with you, as a player that joined last window. It'd be great to see the sprites in the circulation as well as any other future holiday familiars. I don't mind working towards something, but it shouldn't have to become a nuisance. That'd just take the fun out of the game, as for ks/downtime familiars, I guess I wouldn't mind if they were added as well, even though the only ks- starter I really care about is the bonefiend XD and boolean should be added for sure since it has an achievement tied to it
DVcXRyP.png
That was very eloquent Syn!
That was very eloquent Syn!
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
You should go with the new idea
You should go with the new idea
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
I voted for the familiars returning again in December.

I also understand this is going away from the main subject but still going for it. I agree that the familiars become a rare chance win in December for future(and past one too..) as well as the items. All familiars except for get kickstart,beta,etc since those were for specific contribution(or maybe bring them out with different coloration) .Maybe taking those specific achivements and the beastiery entrys out(or moving them to a special area) since it is highly unlikely for the majority of players to even achive it, and collecters like to collect items, familiars, and achivements.

My own example is a friend who joined last open registration and she has collected most if the familiars out with the exception of two, one of them being the light sprite which she thinks is way to much when compared to all the other ones for sale(and nothing special, other than it was the first one out and the hardest to get then). She will be trying to buy it anyways but not likely soon. Just pointing out there are new people who jump into the game and start collecting right away , retiring them make it a lot harder for them and even older people in the same to collect ::shrugs::
I voted for the familiars returning again in December.

I also understand this is going away from the main subject but still going for it. I agree that the familiars become a rare chance win in December for future(and past one too..) as well as the items. All familiars except for get kickstart,beta,etc since those were for specific contribution(or maybe bring them out with different coloration) .Maybe taking those specific achivements and the beastiery entrys out(or moving them to a special area) since it is highly unlikely for the majority of players to even achive it, and collecters like to collect items, familiars, and achivements.

My own example is a friend who joined last open registration and she has collected most if the familiars out with the exception of two, one of them being the light sprite which she thinks is way to much when compared to all the other ones for sale(and nothing special, other than it was the first one out and the hardest to get then). She will be trying to buy it anyways but not likely soon. Just pointing out there are new people who jump into the game and start collecting right away , retiring them make it a lot harder for them and even older people in the same to collect ::shrugs::
I like the idea of a December event, so that there's a holiday going on every month.
I also like the idea of being able to get old/missed familiars one last time before they retire for good, to give people that missed the holiday for whatever reason they had have a second chance.
I think though, in addition to the familiars, the holiday apparel (and maybe the skins/accents?) could also drop, because some people enjoy those items much more than the familiars.
I like the idea of a December event, so that there's a holiday going on every month.
I also like the idea of being able to get old/missed familiars one last time before they retire for good, to give people that missed the holiday for whatever reason they had have a second chance.
I think though, in addition to the familiars, the holiday apparel (and maybe the skins/accents?) could also drop, because some people enjoy those items much more than the familiars.
VcNoJSH.pnggPPMwcJ.gif
I like the idea of a December event, I like the idea of the upcoming familiars being released as a rare second-chance thing... and frankly, I'd support making it possible for just about anything (except the Kickstarter stuff, which people spent real money for directly with the promise of exclusivity... no matter how much I want a wearable scroll case ;)) to be re-issued.

Realistically, I don't think a suitably minuscule chance of winning even a Light Sprite or Sunchaser Jewelry would ruin the investment value. Not when you consider the increasing number of new players and the fact that the number of these items in play is, in practical terms, not even static but effectively decreasing because of players who wander off and don't come back.
I like the idea of a December event, I like the idea of the upcoming familiars being released as a rare second-chance thing... and frankly, I'd support making it possible for just about anything (except the Kickstarter stuff, which people spent real money for directly with the promise of exclusivity... no matter how much I want a wearable scroll case ;)) to be re-issued.

Realistically, I don't think a suitably minuscule chance of winning even a Light Sprite or Sunchaser Jewelry would ruin the investment value. Not when you consider the increasing number of new players and the fact that the number of these items in play is, in practical terms, not even static but effectively decreasing because of players who wander off and don't come back.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
I voted to bring them back, bit I actually rather like the idea of leaving the Kickstarter, downtime, and beta familiars permanently retired. That should meet the 'exclusivity requirement' that some of the 'Permanent Retirement' folks seem to be leaning towards.

Just one more point- There are also some people that are expressing upset that their 'investment' is being lost if the new festival familiars are non-retired. Familiars are just pixels on a screen and ones and zeros on some server somewhere, and no one will be on this site for forever, so what purpose does it serve to hoard said pixels to get exorbitant amounts of fake currency later? I know I would love to have one of every previous festival familiar, and they are already too far out of my price range as a new player. Why would discouraging folks by basically saying 'Screw you if you didn't make it in time' make this game any more fun?
I voted to bring them back, bit I actually rather like the idea of leaving the Kickstarter, downtime, and beta familiars permanently retired. That should meet the 'exclusivity requirement' that some of the 'Permanent Retirement' folks seem to be leaning towards.

Just one more point- There are also some people that are expressing upset that their 'investment' is being lost if the new festival familiars are non-retired. Familiars are just pixels on a screen and ones and zeros on some server somewhere, and no one will be on this site for forever, so what purpose does it serve to hoard said pixels to get exorbitant amounts of fake currency later? I know I would love to have one of every previous festival familiar, and they are already too far out of my price range as a new player. Why would discouraging folks by basically saying 'Screw you if you didn't make it in time' make this game any more fun?
Feel free to ping me in forum threads- I like getting updates.
Making Randomly-Generated-Banhammer a thing since 2014.
I think it's a good idea to reintroduce them during December. I understand how some people are using the rarity of the holiday familiars to get a heaping payday, but at the same time there are still a limited number, so even if someone has the treasure, the supply won't meet the demand.
It also frustrates collectors, like myself, because there is not enough supply to give a fair demand. So it almost makes it impossible to finish a collection.
Plus it allows December to be special, even if it is not an actual flight Holiday, so players can try to find a missing Familiar and fill their Bestiary.

I also understand the flip side of it as well. Like someone else mentioned, retiring the familiars allows them to be truly special because you cannot go out and get them anytime. But even so, sometimes things happen where you cannot get online during the holiday, whether it be illness, no internet connection, or other problem. Sometimes things happen we cannot control that interfere with our ability to play. So giving someone a chance to "Catch up" would be a kind thing that does not penalize players for being unable to collect what they missed.
I think it's a good idea to reintroduce them during December. I understand how some people are using the rarity of the holiday familiars to get a heaping payday, but at the same time there are still a limited number, so even if someone has the treasure, the supply won't meet the demand.
It also frustrates collectors, like myself, because there is not enough supply to give a fair demand. So it almost makes it impossible to finish a collection.
Plus it allows December to be special, even if it is not an actual flight Holiday, so players can try to find a missing Familiar and fill their Bestiary.

I also understand the flip side of it as well. Like someone else mentioned, retiring the familiars allows them to be truly special because you cannot go out and get them anytime. But even so, sometimes things happen where you cannot get online during the holiday, whether it be illness, no internet connection, or other problem. Sometimes things happen we cannot control that interfere with our ability to play. So giving someone a chance to "Catch up" would be a kind thing that does not penalize players for being unable to collect what they missed.
WindFamiliars_zpsn9onhyzv.png
I think you should definitely do this, if the Sprites are so desirable as everyone is saying then a randomised December event would be really exciting if you knew you had a chance at getting one. While it's obviously important to keep things rare, the people who can afford to pay millions for retired sprites are the people who have cash rolling in from the auction house and selling rare breeds like Coatls; the newbies who would've missed these sprites in the first place can't afford that.
I think you should definitely do this, if the Sprites are so desirable as everyone is saying then a randomised December event would be really exciting if you knew you had a chance at getting one. While it's obviously important to keep things rare, the people who can afford to pay millions for retired sprites are the people who have cash rolling in from the auction house and selling rare breeds like Coatls; the newbies who would've missed these sprites in the first place can't afford that.
@slashseeker

I applaud to you good sir/ma'm that is very much the truth
@slashseeker

I applaud to you good sir/ma'm that is very much the truth
DVcXRyP.png
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 52 53