Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you usually acquire food?
1 2 3 4
@Bradamante - I'm with Greyjoy. I grind the coli for chests during the festivals and have more than enough food to feed my (over 100 dragons) the rest of the month. :)
@Bradamante - I'm with Greyjoy. I grind the coli for chests during the festivals and have more than enough food to feed my (over 100 dragons) the rest of the month. :)
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
93305175.png63776550.png87809713.png.png
So based on the comments so far, Coli grinding seems to be the way to go to get more food. I'm usually pretty pressed for time, which is why I haven't been using the coliseum too much. (I work 7:00am to 5:00pm on weekedays, and have stuff to catch up on on weekends.)

Although I spend a lot of my free time on this site playing fairground games, so maybe I should just switch to coli grinding, hmm...
So based on the comments so far, Coli grinding seems to be the way to go to get more food. I'm usually pretty pressed for time, which is why I haven't been using the coliseum too much. (I work 7:00am to 5:00pm on weekedays, and have stuff to catch up on on weekends.)

Although I spend a lot of my free time on this site playing fairground games, so maybe I should just switch to coli grinding, hmm...
+ing everyone else, I have so much food from coli grinding it's ridiculous. I haven't had to gather food since I got a team to 25 and could use it to grind lower-level areas and that was months ago. I usually just do it for an hour or so every few days, when I'm watching a video or something. I used to wonder how people fed big lairs, too, but it's really not so hard!

Then too, I see a lot of people buying food for like 15-20t per point? Which really isn't bad, either.
+ing everyone else, I have so much food from coli grinding it's ridiculous. I haven't had to gather food since I got a team to 25 and could use it to grind lower-level areas and that was months ago. I usually just do it for an hour or so every few days, when I'm watching a video or something. I used to wonder how people fed big lairs, too, but it's really not so hard!

Then too, I see a lot of people buying food for like 15-20t per point? Which really isn't bad, either.
sigg_zpsc0a9cb30.png
Most of my food is from the coli. I also gather in all areas for all types so that I have food that doesn't drop in the coli for Crim.
Most of my food is from the coli. I also gather in all areas for all types so that I have food that doesn't drop in the coli for Crim.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I get a lot of food through coli, but I usually sell it all. Gathering actually nets several times more than I need to feed my clan which is really weird now that I think about it.
I get a lot of food through coli, but I usually sell it all. Gathering actually nets several times more than I need to feed my clan which is really weird now that I think about it.
coatls are dead to me
I get all the food I need from the coliseum, and then some. When I get extra stacks of 99 I either sell them or convert them for increased surplus. I like to keep around 5k units of each converted at any time, in case I take a hiatus from the coli like I have been. Before I took a break I got everything up to 8k, and all but fish are still above 5k.

But also part of that 8k was from me trying to get all of my gathering skills to 20 for achievements (everything but plants, it's level 19.)
I get all the food I need from the coliseum, and then some. When I get extra stacks of 99 I either sell them or convert them for increased surplus. I like to keep around 5k units of each converted at any time, in case I take a hiatus from the coli like I have been. Before I took a break I got everything up to 8k, and all but fish are still above 5k.

But also part of that 8k was from me trying to get all of my gathering skills to 20 for achievements (everything but plants, it's level 19.)
As long as you log in to gather and feed your dergs every day, you really don't need to worry about extra food until your lair starts getting huge. Like, even at 50 or so dragons I don't need to grind the Coli for more. The more you gather, the better items you'll get, so up to a point it should always be enough to feed your clan.
As long as you log in to gather and feed your dergs every day, you really don't need to worry about extra food until your lair starts getting huge. Like, even at 50 or so dragons I don't need to grind the Coli for more. The more you gather, the better items you'll get, so up to a point it should always be enough to feed your clan.
Lately I've been Gathering to get my food. I wanted to get them all to LV 20 to get the achievements. Of course they release 5 more levels ahhh

Coli grinding is another good way to earn food. I got hundreds of FPs in insects from the Training Fields alone ouo
Lately I've been Gathering to get my food. I wanted to get them all to LV 20 to get the achievements. Of course they release 5 more levels ahhh

Coli grinding is another good way to earn food. I got hundreds of FPs in insects from the Training Fields alone ouo
Grey | She/They | +3 hours FRT
Coli grinding's easiest. Don't have enough food of a certain type? Grind somewhere that has that type of food. The arena's one of the best areas to do that, since you can get everything except for seafood. The drop rate for grass is comparatively low, but you get tons of meat and a good amount of bugs.
Coli grinding's easiest. Don't have enough food of a certain type? Grind somewhere that has that type of food. The arena's one of the best areas to do that, since you can get everything except for seafood. The drop rate for grass is comparatively low, but you get tons of meat and a good amount of bugs.
@Bradamante - Most (nearly all) of my food comes from the coli.
@Bradamante - Most (nearly all) of my food comes from the coli.
1 2 3 4