Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you usually acquire food?
1 2 3 4
Kind of a new player here (registered in the most recent open reg window). I know the main venue for acquiring food is through gathering, but the recent gathering update really brought to my attention that for people with more dragons (30+ or so), gathering alone won't net enough food points to feed the sheer number of dragons.

I know that you can acquire food through the Coliseum too; or just buy it. But I'm always amazed when there are people running around with around 100 dragons. How do you keep them all fed?

((As for me I'm going to ban myself from breeding/buying any more dragons until I feel sufficiently safe in terms of food supplies))
Kind of a new player here (registered in the most recent open reg window). I know the main venue for acquiring food is through gathering, but the recent gathering update really brought to my attention that for people with more dragons (30+ or so), gathering alone won't net enough food points to feed the sheer number of dragons.

I know that you can acquire food through the Coliseum too; or just buy it. But I'm always amazed when there are people running around with around 100 dragons. How do you keep them all fed?

((As for me I'm going to ban myself from breeding/buying any more dragons until I feel sufficiently safe in terms of food supplies))
Coli grinding. That's the best way to get food. Sometimes it's better to grind for a long time and build up a huge amount that will last for a week, and other times it's better to grind a little bit every day.
Coli grinding. That's the best way to get food. Sometimes it's better to grind for a long time and build up a huge amount that will last for a week, and other times it's better to grind a little bit every day.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
@Bradamante I only have a few dragons, but Coliseum farming always gives me WAY more food than I know what to do with. I end up selling most of it! So I think it'll be a good source even when I've got that full lair. If you're looking to keep your dragons happy and full it's easily the best :)
@Bradamante I only have a few dragons, but Coliseum farming always gives me WAY more food than I know what to do with. I end up selling most of it! So I think it'll be a good source even when I've got that full lair. If you're looking to keep your dragons happy and full it's easily the best :)
tumblr_o4mlo42EVm1v930gyo1_250.pngvincent he/him
I have a stockpile. I usually keep my inventory at 1000 each, and whenever one goes below, I battle in the coliseum for food. Using my gathering turns on it is a waste. I usually get all the food I need during Flight holidays and from Pinkerton. Food isn't really a worry for my clan.
I have a stockpile. I usually keep my inventory at 1000 each, and whenever one goes below, I battle in the coliseum for food. Using my gathering turns on it is a waste. I usually get all the food I need during Flight holidays and from Pinkerton. Food isn't really a worry for my clan.
XS9Xu1r.png
@Lililira, @SnailMail

Oooh, I see! I haven't really had that much luck with item drops in the Coli, though that's probably just because my battling dragons aren't that high a level yet. Though I guess if I just grind in the training fields I should get more stuff?
@Lililira, @SnailMail

Oooh, I see! I haven't really had that much luck with item drops in the Coli, though that's probably just because my battling dragons aren't that high a level yet. Though I guess if I just grind in the training fields I should get more stuff?
I... I don't actually know xD I just wind up amassing it, and sometimes I buy it in bulk from AH when I see it there. Since I only use one kind of food, plants, I only have to focus on getting that. But!! If you need food I'd be happy to help out
I... I don't actually know xD I just wind up amassing it, and sometimes I buy it in bulk from AH when I see it there. Since I only use one kind of food, plants, I only have to focus on getting that. But!! If you need food I'd be happy to help out
@chespin: Oh, don't worry about me; I'm fine for now. It's just that all the people complaining about it in the latest gathering update thread started making me think about how I'm going to keep my dragons fed when I get more of them.

All the suggestions so far have been quite helpful!
@chespin: Oh, don't worry about me; I'm fine for now. It's just that all the people complaining about it in the latest gathering update thread started making me think about how I'm going to keep my dragons fed when I get more of them.

All the suggestions so far have been quite helpful!
@Bradamante I recommend going to the Guides forum, there are some great coliseum guides (I used Culix's) that can show you how to level up more efficiently, as well as which areas drop which kinds of food items the most! The higher levels also give better food worth more points.
@Bradamante I recommend going to the Guides forum, there are some great coliseum guides (I used Culix's) that can show you how to level up more efficiently, as well as which areas drop which kinds of food items the most! The higher levels also give better food worth more points.
tumblr_o4mlo42EVm1v930gyo1_250.pngvincent he/him
I get it while looking for rarer things Gathering, or while trying to max out my gathering points.

Alternatively, I grind in the Coliseum during festivals and that usually sets me up for the rest of the month. XD
I get it while looking for rarer things Gathering, or while trying to max out my gathering points.

Alternatively, I grind in the Coliseum during festivals and that usually sets me up for the rest of the month. XD
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I train too much dragons, exalt fodder. Before i know it i have a batch of 99 again.
Mostly i end up selling food, i just have too much i need to get rid off. The pages of food in my hoard are only raising.
I train too much dragons, exalt fodder. Before i know it i have a batch of 99 again.
Mostly i end up selling food, i just have too much i need to get rid off. The pages of food in my hoard are only raising.
MJWDKKI.png9PCVycs.png Pixel adopts
1 2 3 4