Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you still breed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Constantly.
I have several specific dragons I'm trying to breed for, and training and exalting is profitable. If it isn't a project breeding, it's an experimental one just to see if I get a great dragon I want to keep.

When I have one nice enough to sell, it usually does (though I'll even put the ones I don't think will sell up for 15k.)

I don't breed purely for profit unless a new gene (or breed) has been released and I know I can make good money. I could, pair off my dragons and mill out exceptional hatchlings, but I don't enjoy that, there are other ways to make money.

Edit:
Looking at my nests, all 5 are full and there are three experimental nests and two project nests. A constant influx of dragons hatching and reaching adulthood usually means I make at least 30k a day just training my dragons to level 7 and exalting them.
Constantly.
I have several specific dragons I'm trying to breed for, and training and exalting is profitable. If it isn't a project breeding, it's an experimental one just to see if I get a great dragon I want to keep.

When I have one nice enough to sell, it usually does (though I'll even put the ones I don't think will sell up for 15k.)

I don't breed purely for profit unless a new gene (or breed) has been released and I know I can make good money. I could, pair off my dragons and mill out exceptional hatchlings, but I don't enjoy that, there are other ways to make money.

Edit:
Looking at my nests, all 5 are full and there are three experimental nests and two project nests. A constant influx of dragons hatching and reaching adulthood usually means I make at least 30k a day just training my dragons to level 7 and exalting them.
@Hihamburger If you're interested, I have a pair that throws ungened triple mulberry that I can breed together for you

On the topic of breeding - yes, I still breed because I like seeing what comes out.
@Hihamburger If you're interested, I have a pair that throws ungened triple mulberry that I can breed together for you

On the topic of breeding - yes, I still breed because I like seeing what comes out.
Please ping me if you want my attention or are replying to me. I won't see it otherwise.

Tn4TEAZ.png
My clan is Fandragons and OCs and the odd silly name. It's also mean to everyone in said clan.
I still breed every pair I can.

That is mostly because I am still a new player since I just joined in October, and I need all the treasure I can get. I have three pairs that are purely for exalt fodder that I will sell at hatchling prices or exalt as soon as they become adults. Its slow, but every bit counts when you're starting out.

But I also breed because I love seeing the combinations that come out! That's why I have crazy pairs sometimes. Like I have one pair whose primaries and secondaries could not be farther from each other on the color wheel. Yet they gave me a double Jade boy yesterday. Surprises like that make breeding very worth it for me.
I still breed every pair I can.

That is mostly because I am still a new player since I just joined in October, and I need all the treasure I can get. I have three pairs that are purely for exalt fodder that I will sell at hatchling prices or exalt as soon as they become adults. Its slow, but every bit counts when you're starting out.

But I also breed because I love seeing the combinations that come out! That's why I have crazy pairs sometimes. Like I have one pair whose primaries and secondaries could not be farther from each other on the color wheel. Yet they gave me a double Jade boy yesterday. Surprises like that make breeding very worth it for me.
hqJ7HMJ.jpg
Yep, still breeding. In fact, I'm in the process of putting together entirely new breeding pairs and retiring some of the old ones I put together back when breed mattered. Now I'm just going to breed for different combinations of my favourite colors on various breeds just to lavish my own eyes with pretty babies and see where that takes me.
Yep, still breeding. In fact, I'm in the process of putting together entirely new breeding pairs and retiring some of the old ones I put together back when breed mattered. Now I'm just going to breed for different combinations of my favourite colors on various breeds just to lavish my own eyes with pretty babies and see where that takes me.
[quote name="Rhea" date="2013-12-19 23:29:31"][color=green]Dude, breeding is free money. [i]Free. Money.[/i] Why wouldn't I breed?[/quote] Same. Sometimes, if I get prettier ones, I offter them on another forum when they're already trained, in case someone wants to grab them. And if noone bites, off to Windsinger they go. And I just like breeding games with genes, just to see what else my pairs are capable of popping out.
Rhea wrote on 2013-12-19 23:29:31:
Dude, breeding is free money. Free. Money.

Why wouldn't I breed?

Same.
Sometimes, if I get prettier ones, I offter them on another forum when they're already trained, in case someone wants to grab them. And if noone bites, off to Windsinger they go.

And I just like breeding games with genes, just to see what else my pairs are capable of popping out.
ZPPY.png
I breed all the time, I have various breeding projects for less common color combos. I also prefer to raise my own babs for levelling and exaltation.

I am getting less thrilled over selling babies though, with even expensive babies getting exalted unnamed. I may simply stop doing that at all.
I breed all the time, I have various breeding projects for less common color combos. I also prefer to raise my own babs for levelling and exaltation.

I am getting less thrilled over selling babies though, with even expensive babies getting exalted unnamed. I may simply stop doing that at all.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I breed all my pairs (just hatched three nests!), and I'll put everything I don't plan to keep up on the AH/Advertise them on Tumblr until they grow up, at which point I Power Level and Exalt.
I breed all my pairs (just hatched three nests!), and I'll put everything I don't plan to keep up on the AH/Advertise them on Tumblr until they grow up, at which point I Power Level and Exalt.
Miss_Persephone.png
Like werewolves? Like webcomics? Go check out Bad Moon Rising!
I still breed, but I usually exalt them immediately after they hatch. I mean, that's an extra 7k+ I normally wouldn't have, so why not? It's not like breeding costs anything. If I get some exceptionally nice hatchlings I will usually try to sell them, but I never get a response. (I do intend to start training before I exalt soon. I really haven't had the time to start yet) It's pretty difficult to make much these days unless you're lucky enough to come across players who just so happen want the exact color combo you're offering, or if you can breed whatever color combo is popular these days.

Though I still breed for nice-looking dragons in the vain hopes that people would pay more than 4k for the offspring, and I'm currently saving up for a Gembond gene so I can start breeding triple-gened Skydancers. (the mate has Crackle, and both have primary, secondary, and tertiary colors that compliment each other so I've got my fingers crossed) And besides, my progenitor dragons produce a huge variety of colors so it's always fun to see what I get.
I still breed, but I usually exalt them immediately after they hatch. I mean, that's an extra 7k+ I normally wouldn't have, so why not? It's not like breeding costs anything. If I get some exceptionally nice hatchlings I will usually try to sell them, but I never get a response. (I do intend to start training before I exalt soon. I really haven't had the time to start yet) It's pretty difficult to make much these days unless you're lucky enough to come across players who just so happen want the exact color combo you're offering, or if you can breed whatever color combo is popular these days.

Though I still breed for nice-looking dragons in the vain hopes that people would pay more than 4k for the offspring, and I'm currently saving up for a Gembond gene so I can start breeding triple-gened Skydancers. (the mate has Crackle, and both have primary, secondary, and tertiary colors that compliment each other so I've got my fingers crossed) And besides, my progenitor dragons produce a huge variety of colors so it's always fun to see what I get.
c: Yup yup Lonin breeds all the time. Our nests are nearly always full :D
Not only is it awesome fun throwing dragons together and seeing what colours pop out, at the very least we're making 11k or so on each egg :D More than we'd make with dragons just sat in our lair eating our food and not breeding.
We can sometimes make a bit of money on hatchlings if we get lucky with buyers and pretty babies.
c: Yup yup Lonin breeds all the time. Our nests are nearly always full :D
Not only is it awesome fun throwing dragons together and seeing what colours pop out, at the very least we're making 11k or so on each egg :D More than we'd make with dragons just sat in our lair eating our food and not breeding.
We can sometimes make a bit of money on hatchlings if we get lucky with buyers and pretty babies.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I am breeding dragons all the time. It is rare that I don't have five nests going a time. Exalting brings me a fair bit of profit and all it takes is a few clicks a day for five days. I only ever try to sell dragons that match whatever the current trends are, anything else is exalt fodder.
I am breeding dragons all the time. It is rare that I don't have five nests going a time. Exalting brings me a fair bit of profit and all it takes is a few clicks a day for five days. I only ever try to sell dragons that match whatever the current trends are, anything else is exalt fodder.
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11