Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you still breed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Let's face it, unless you've got an irishimcrackle triple obsidian imp, breeding isn't exactly a gold mine. I know I don't breed unless one of my dragons is exactly what someone is looking for over on the Wanted forum.

Anyone else given up on breeding?
Let's face it, unless you've got an irishimcrackle triple obsidian imp, breeding isn't exactly a gold mine. I know I don't breed unless one of my dragons is exactly what someone is looking for over on the Wanted forum.

Anyone else given up on breeding?
eswSnrS.png
MUYNhfy.png
kCHWEjf.png
mlSrRbK.png
JHkKimP.png
8B7LZd5.png
I am three hours ahead of FR, ping if you need me.
I actually still make a fair profit off of breeding, and I don't mind exalting if I have to, so I still do. I like seeing what combos come out regardless.
I actually still make a fair profit off of breeding, and I don't mind exalting if I have to, so I still do. I like seeing what combos come out regardless.
10229.png .
Ha'aut
~~~~~
it's always time for more eggs
click for wishlist
. 10227.png
I'll breed plentifuls to exalt, or other stuff when I'm curious or think the result might be pretty. I've never been much of a breeder. I buy dragons in matching pairs, then never breed them. Heh.
I'll breed plentifuls to exalt, or other stuff when I'm curious or think the result might be pretty. I've never been much of a breeder. I buy dragons in matching pairs, then never breed them. Heh.
Palefoot Tadhop Desert Rain Frog Companion Ruffletail Tadhop
I breed. I also name them and sell at a low-ish price, because I know that people are only buying ideal dragons and exalt fodder, but I like breeding and this is a breeding game so more pretty exaltables for everyone(or more pretty new blood for your breeding projects, I'm not gonna judge your life choices).

You did make me realize that I want either double obsidian or double jade, either one with gold crackle. Probably jade. Triples with iri/shim/crackle could look really interesting too, like the varnish is starting to wear off.
I breed. I also name them and sell at a low-ish price, because I know that people are only buying ideal dragons and exalt fodder, but I like breeding and this is a breeding game so more pretty exaltables for everyone(or more pretty new blood for your breeding projects, I'm not gonna judge your life choices).

You did make me realize that I want either double obsidian or double jade, either one with gold crackle. Probably jade. Triples with iri/shim/crackle could look really interesting too, like the varnish is starting to wear off.
288uicn.jpg
I don't breed much anymore. If I do, it's to train them to exalt. I usually list them for sale before they've grown up to give people a chance at 'em if they want them... but never for rock bottom prices.

Honestly though, I have had super success when I do still breed. Selling ungened dragons for over 70k. Or even single-gened ones for over 100k (the gene was NOT crackle).

People are into niche things these days, I've noticed. There's an abundance of Obsidian/Obsidian... but do you know how long I had to search to find a Female Mulberry/Ivory dragoness? Over a month xD All the ones I wanted were getting exalted immediately after birth because people probably didn't think they'd sell.

I recently tried to find a Sand/Black male dragon... most of which were exalted. I found one-- a double gened male Imperial. I bought him for like, 25k, removed his genes, and turned him into a Tundra (because that's what I wanted) By the end of it, I spent over 90k turning a double gened Imperial to a non-gened Tundra xD
I don't breed much anymore. If I do, it's to train them to exalt. I usually list them for sale before they've grown up to give people a chance at 'em if they want them... but never for rock bottom prices.

Honestly though, I have had super success when I do still breed. Selling ungened dragons for over 70k. Or even single-gened ones for over 100k (the gene was NOT crackle).

People are into niche things these days, I've noticed. There's an abundance of Obsidian/Obsidian... but do you know how long I had to search to find a Female Mulberry/Ivory dragoness? Over a month xD All the ones I wanted were getting exalted immediately after birth because people probably didn't think they'd sell.

I recently tried to find a Sand/Black male dragon... most of which were exalted. I found one-- a double gened male Imperial. I bought him for like, 25k, removed his genes, and turned him into a Tundra (because that's what I wanted) By the end of it, I spent over 90k turning a double gened Imperial to a non-gened Tundra xD
1kz7OWt.png
@blondandflannel Yeah, I've drooled over several of your dragons.
@blondandflannel Yeah, I've drooled over several of your dragons.
eswSnrS.png
MUYNhfy.png
kCHWEjf.png
mlSrRbK.png
JHkKimP.png
8B7LZd5.png
I am three hours ahead of FR, ping if you need me.
Yes, definitely :) I breed some for the main purpose of exalting when they are born. Others I will keep to train and then exalt. Some are for my projects c: Like I am trying to get a triple mulberry right now ^^ I have the primary down, but now it's time to find a dragon with mulberry wings *-* It's proving quite difficult, with the primary range I want c:
Yes, definitely :) I breed some for the main purpose of exalting when they are born. Others I will keep to train and then exalt. Some are for my projects c: Like I am trying to get a triple mulberry right now ^^ I have the primary down, but now it's time to find a dragon with mulberry wings *-* It's proving quite difficult, with the primary range I want c:
tumblr_ntz8d7CUWK1ueyht5o1_100.png
I still do breed my dragons and they sell pretty nice too. o:
But it's only a few serious Imp pairs of mine, while my other exalt fodders (all rarity including WCs and Imps) pairs pretty much ended up in Glittermomma's lap.
I still do breed my dragons and they sell pretty nice too. o:
But it's only a few serious Imp pairs of mine, while my other exalt fodders (all rarity including WCs and Imps) pairs pretty much ended up in Glittermomma's lap.
[quote name="Dragoness" date="2013-12-19 22:02:37"]By the end of it, I spent over 90k turning a double gened Imperial to a non-gened Tundra xD[/quote] Hah, this made me laugh so hard!
Dragoness wrote on 2013-12-19 22:02:37:
By the end of it, I spent over 90k turning a double gened Imperial to a non-gened Tundra xD
Hah, this made me laugh so hard!
Palefoot Tadhop Desert Rain Frog Companion Ruffletail Tadhop
I haven't been breeding much lately, but it's mostly because I don't have any lair space. I still enjoy breeding as like a hobby though. Finding perfect dragons to breed and seeing all their different hatchlings is still pretty fun :)
I haven't been breeding much lately, but it's mostly because I don't have any lair space. I still enjoy breeding as like a hobby though. Finding perfect dragons to breed and seeing all their different hatchlings is still pretty fun :)
c3.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11