Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Poetry Lovers Mafia Game Thread
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 126 127
[quote name="@SpiderQueen8" date="2024-04-18 06:19:20" ] Alright, just woke up, a couple things to address (nice to see the forum so active already) 1) I don't think being pro mod elim is necessarily scummy because it feels just like ppl being cautious. That being said: 2) Mod voting right now is def not the move lol. Like people have been saying, it gives us no real info and just snipes a random player for basically no reason. 3) The more games I play, the more I've been seeing the benefit in playing a bit more aggressive. So to paraphrase something Tangle (I think) once said, if you don't find anyone sus yet just scumhunt harder. I feel like with this many players, we can definitely find something to narrow in on d1, even if it's shakier than would hold up on later days. 4) @/RaccoonusDoodus - based on Tangle's usual playstyle, that's 100% just a pressure vote to see how ppl react to it. And ngl, your immediate panic and self-pres vote is a little ehh. I'm not gonna vote you for it, but still. Don't look at this vote as an attack on you, but rather just a way to generate more discussion. Speaking of which, I'm kinda surprised no one else has reacted to it. Usually ppl blow up a bit more at Tangle's early pressure votes. [/quote] I mean, I don't think 6-7 (ish) hours from the original vote on me till my vote should be classed as an "immediate" reaction. I allowed time for discussion, which] didn't happen. So, I don't feel like the phrase "your immediate panic and self-pres vote" is a fair statement. Phases are only 24 hours, so I wouldn't want to wait too long before casting any sort of vote, self pres or not.
@SpiderQueen8 wrote on 2024-04-18 06:19:20:
Alright, just woke up, a couple things to address (nice to see the forum so active already)

1) I don't think being pro mod elim is necessarily scummy because it feels just like ppl being cautious. That being said:

2) Mod voting right now is def not the move lol. Like people have been saying, it gives us no real info and just snipes a random player for basically no reason.

3) The more games I play, the more I've been seeing the benefit in playing a bit more aggressive. So to paraphrase something Tangle (I think) once said, if you don't find anyone sus yet just scumhunt harder. I feel like with this many players, we can definitely find something to narrow in on d1, even if it's shakier than would hold up on later days.

4) @/RaccoonusDoodus - based on Tangle's usual playstyle, that's 100% just a pressure vote to see how ppl react to it. And ngl, your immediate panic and self-pres vote is a little ehh. I'm not gonna vote you for it, but still. Don't look at this vote as an attack on you, but rather just a way to generate more discussion. Speaking of which, I'm kinda surprised no one else has reacted to it. Usually ppl blow up a bit more at Tangle's early pressure votes.

I mean, I don't think 6-7 (ish) hours from the original vote on me till my vote should be classed as an "immediate" reaction. I allowed time for discussion, which] didn't happen. So, I don't feel like the phrase "your immediate panic and self-pres vote" is a fair statement. Phases are only 24 hours, so I wouldn't want to wait too long before casting any sort of vote, self pres or not.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
[quote name="RaccoonusDoodus" date="2024-04-18 05:54:32" ] Sigh. Okay, so it seems like what I said about a mod vote is getting twisted. I genuinely do not see how what I said is scummy (@/Tanglefire I'd still like to know the whole reason behind your vote). If there is no one I find scummy, I'd vote the mod. 1. I pro D1 elims, so I the 'no elim' option is probably something I'd not do. Like, no-elim feels like a waste of a phase to me. 2. We don't know the person paired with the mod is town. They could be mafia. 3. If I found no one scummy, why would I want to choose randomly and possibly vote out 2 town players when I found neither of them scummy? Anyways, self-pres vote on Tangle at this point. I don't like the lack of reason for voting me. [/quote] Sell me on someone who you think might be sus then. my issue with you is that pushing for mod elim is the ideal choice for mafia (-1 town + no info) + the fact that you’re selling this idea without making attempts to find other reads You’re pro elim, but you don’t seem to be searching for elim candidates, which means you’ll revert to mod elim in the end, which to me is what scum would like.
RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2024-04-18 05:54:32:
Sigh. Okay, so it seems like what I said about a mod vote is getting twisted. I genuinely do not see how what I said is scummy (@/Tanglefire I'd still like to know the whole reason behind your vote).

If there is no one I find scummy, I'd vote the mod.

1. I pro D1 elims, so I the 'no elim' option is probably something I'd not do. Like, no-elim feels like a waste of a phase to me.
2. We don't know the person paired with the mod is town. They could be mafia.
3. If I found no one scummy, why would I want to choose randomly and possibly vote out 2 town players when I found neither of them scummy?

Anyways, self-pres vote on Tangle at this point. I don't like the lack of reason for voting me.

Sell me on someone who you think might be sus then.

my issue with you is that pushing for mod elim is the ideal choice for mafia (-1 town + no info) + the fact that you’re selling this idea without making attempts to find other reads

You’re pro elim, but you don’t seem to be searching for elim candidates, which means you’ll revert to mod elim in the end, which to me is what scum would like.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
1) Mod elim D1- We likely will get nothing out of voting for a mod this game, because as others have already said, this would make the vote for a random person we don't know. I would feel bad randomly elimming the person who happened to be tied to the mod. I am in favor of always voting on D1. Voting is one of the biggest powers town has, so voting for someone you find scummy is better.

2) Gun- If I had the power to shoot, I would always use it as soon as possible, so that in the case I was wrong there would be plenty of time for a group consensus to re-evaluate. I believe that all power should be used, and conserving it or hiding it away because of a fear of being wrong is not the best use of power.

3) I think pressing the people that are pro-mod elim could be right, but I think it might be more personality indicative than anything else.

1) Mod elim D1- We likely will get nothing out of voting for a mod this game, because as others have already said, this would make the vote for a random person we don't know. I would feel bad randomly elimming the person who happened to be tied to the mod. I am in favor of always voting on D1. Voting is one of the biggest powers town has, so voting for someone you find scummy is better.

2) Gun- If I had the power to shoot, I would always use it as soon as possible, so that in the case I was wrong there would be plenty of time for a group consensus to re-evaluate. I believe that all power should be used, and conserving it or hiding it away because of a fear of being wrong is not the best use of power.

3) I think pressing the people that are pro-mod elim could be right, but I think it might be more personality indicative than anything else.

cXujRec.pngHuzdS7y.pngXvyfO6H.pngzLwkj5U.png
she/they
[quote name="@fearfax" date="2024-04-18 06:18:58" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-18 01:04:52" ] Also one thing: Your lover can be mafia So don’t just hard defend your lover 200%. If you think they’re sus, trust your instincts. Yes we might end up taking a town down when we get the mafia. But unfortunately that’s one bad thing about it being a lovers games. I think there might be like, at least 1 pure wolf lover pair for balance sake. Maybe. But I think there will be at least 1 town-mafia pair, unless we have a really high number of total wolves to balance it out. [/quote] What makes you think there will be a pure wolf pair or a town/wolf pair? @/Tanglefire [/quote] Everyone have lovers this game….? If there is neither a pure wolf/wolf pair nor a town/wolf pair then who tf are the wolves lovers with??? XD I hope you didn’t just slip that you have a lost lover
@fearfax wrote on 2024-04-18 06:18:58:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-18 01:04:52:
Also one thing: Your lover can be mafia

So don’t just hard defend your lover 200%. If you think they’re sus, trust your instincts. Yes we might end up taking a town down when we get the mafia. But unfortunately that’s one bad thing about it being a lovers games.

I think there might be like, at least 1 pure wolf lover pair for balance sake. Maybe. But I think there will be at least 1 town-mafia pair, unless we have a really high number of total wolves to balance it out.
What makes you think there will be a pure wolf pair or a town/wolf pair? @/Tanglefire

Everyone have lovers this game….? If there is neither a pure wolf/wolf pair nor a town/wolf pair then who tf are the wolves lovers with??? XD

I hope you didn’t just slip that you have a lost lover
[quote name="@SpiderQueen8" date="2024-04-18 06:19:20" ] based on Tangle's usual playstyle, that's 100% just a pressure vote to see how ppl react to it. And ngl, your immediate panic and self-pres vote is a little ehh. I'm not gonna vote you for it, but still. Don't look at this vote as an attack on you, but rather just a way to generate more discussion. Speaking of which, I'm kinda surprised no one else has reacted to it. Usually ppl blow up a bit more at Tangle's early pressure votes. [/quote] Genuine question since I am learning. What would be a valid/possible reaction for Raccoonus?
@SpiderQueen8 wrote on 2024-04-18 06:19:20:
based on Tangle's usual playstyle, that's 100% just a pressure vote to see how ppl react to it. And ngl, your immediate panic and self-pres vote is a little ehh. I'm not gonna vote you for it, but still. Don't look at this vote as an attack on you, but rather just a way to generate more discussion. Speaking of which, I'm kinda surprised no one else has reacted to it. Usually ppl blow up a bit more at Tangle's early pressure votes.

Genuine question since I am learning.

What would be a valid/possible reaction for Raccoonus?
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-18 06:33:41" ] [quote name="@fearfax" date="2024-04-18 06:18:58" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-18 01:04:52" ] Also one thing: Your lover can be mafia So don’t just hard defend your lover 200%. If you think they’re sus, trust your instincts. Yes we might end up taking a town down when we get the mafia. But unfortunately that’s one bad thing about it being a lovers games. I think there might be like, at least 1 pure wolf lover pair for balance sake. Maybe. But I think there will be at least 1 town-mafia pair, unless we have a really high number of total wolves to balance it out. [/quote] What makes you think there will be a pure wolf pair or a town/wolf pair? @/Tanglefire [/quote] Everyone have lovers this game….? If there is neither a pure wolf/wolf pair nor a town/wolf pair then who tf are the wolves lovers with??? XD I hope you didn’t just slip that you have a lost lover [/quote] Why do you think there would be one or the other is what I meant? Why did you jump to assuming I mean a lost lover? I'm not sure what that would even be.
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-18 06:33:41:

So don’t just hard defend your lover 200%. If you think they’re sus, trust your instincts. Yes we might end up taking a town down when we get the mafia. But unfortunately that’s one bad thing about it being a lovers games.

I think there might be like, at least 1 pure wolf lover pair for balance sake. Maybe. But I think there will be at least 1 town-mafia pair, unless we have a really high number of total wolves to balance it out.
What makes you think there will be a pure wolf pair or a town/wolf pair? @/Tanglefire

Everyone have lovers this game….? If there is neither a pure wolf/wolf pair nor a town/wolf pair then who tf are the wolves lovers with??? XD

Why do you think there would be one or the other is what I meant?

Why did you jump to assuming I mean a lost lover? I'm not sure what that would even be.
cXujRec.pngHuzdS7y.pngXvyfO6H.pngzLwkj5U.png
she/they
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-18 06:34:30" ] [quote name="SpiderQueen8" date="2024-04-18 06:19:20" ] based on Tangle's usual playstyle, that's 100% just a pressure vote to see how ppl react to it. And ngl, your immediate panic and self-pres vote is a little ehh. I'm not gonna vote you for it, but still. Don't look at this vote as an attack on you, but rather just a way to generate more discussion. Speaking of which, I'm kinda surprised no one else has reacted to it. Usually ppl blow up a bit more at Tangle's early pressure votes. [/quote] Genuine question since I am learning. What would be a valid/possible reaction for Raccoonus? [/quote] I guess it was pretty obvious to me that Tangle was just voting to vote and could easily be persuaded to change his vote if Raccoon (or anyone rlly) came up with a better target. So rather than just vote back at Tangle, it might have been better to start poking at other ppl? Or at the very least poking at Tangle before voting if they think he's genuinely sus for doing what he did. Panic voting back makes it seem like they have a strong reason other than townie self preservation for staying alive. After all, even if you're town, you probs don't know your partner's alignment and also we have numbers so it shouldn't be the end of the world to get miselimed for info at this point. Then again, it's easy to say all that when the vote isn't on you lol. Which is why I'm not straight up sussing Raccoon just yet.
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-18 06:34:30:
SpiderQueen8 wrote on 2024-04-18 06:19:20:
based on Tangle's usual playstyle, that's 100% just a pressure vote to see how ppl react to it. And ngl, your immediate panic and self-pres vote is a little ehh. I'm not gonna vote you for it, but still. Don't look at this vote as an attack on you, but rather just a way to generate more discussion. Speaking of which, I'm kinda surprised no one else has reacted to it. Usually ppl blow up a bit more at Tangle's early pressure votes.

Genuine question since I am learning.

What would be a valid/possible reaction for Raccoonus?

I guess it was pretty obvious to me that Tangle was just voting to vote and could easily be persuaded to change his vote if Raccoon (or anyone rlly) came up with a better target. So rather than just vote back at Tangle, it might have been better to start poking at other ppl? Or at the very least poking at Tangle before voting if they think he's genuinely sus for doing what he did.

Panic voting back makes it seem like they have a strong reason other than townie self preservation for staying alive. After all, even if you're town, you probs don't know your partner's alignment and also we have numbers so it shouldn't be the end of the world to get miselimed for info at this point.

Then again, it's easy to say all that when the vote isn't on you lol. Which is why I'm not straight up sussing Raccoon just yet.
ca4nyRv.png
YE53boy.png
gzlHZ53.png
DxCICZ1.png
LohCDcp.png v886aA7.png UYXZLyE.png
iJZWqi6.png

uPNWHgD.png
KRcB6uC.png
SK9eeYM.png
Raccoonus imma be honest. you choosing to pres onto me instead of someone else that you think is elim worthy doesn’t look too good. It’s either omgus, or a rather rigid read.

A number of people have shared similar opinions to me. If I were a wolf, which ones would you think it’s paired with me?

I want to see your townreads actually. Even if they’re all vibe reads/gut reads

Raccoonus imma be honest. you choosing to pres onto me instead of someone else that you think is elim worthy doesn’t look too good. It’s either omgus, or a rather rigid read.

A number of people have shared similar opinions to me. If I were a wolf, which ones would you think it’s paired with me?

[quote name="fearfax" date="2024-04-18 06:36:46" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-18 06:33:41" ] [quote name="@fearfax" date="2024-04-18 06:18:58" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-18 01:04:52" ] Also one thing: Your lover can be mafia So don’t just hard defend your lover 200%. If you think they’re sus, trust your instincts. Yes we might end up taking a town down when we get the mafia. But unfortunately that’s one bad thing about it being a lovers games. I think there might be like, at least 1 pure wolf lover pair for balance sake. Maybe. But I think there will be at least 1 town-mafia pair, unless we have a really high number of total wolves to balance it out. [/quote] What makes you think there will be a pure wolf pair or a town/wolf pair? @/Tanglefire [/quote] Everyone have lovers this game….? If there is neither a pure wolf/wolf pair nor a town/wolf pair then who tf are the wolves lovers with??? XD I hope you didn’t just slip that you have a lost lover [/quote] Why do you think there would be one or the other is what I meant? Why did you jump to assuming I mean a lost lover? I'm not sure what that would even be. [/quote] I never said it’ll be one or the other? I said my guess is there is at least one of each. Aka I think it’ll be a mix of both. I think you misread my post Now that I know you might have misread my post it made more sense. Originally I thought your question was extremely weird because it seems as if you didn’t know everyone had lovers — and the only explaination to that would be that your role was having a hidden lover, which might have caused you to think that But now it just seems to be a misread
fearfax wrote on 2024-04-18 06:36:46:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-18 06:33:41:

Why do you think there would be one or the other is what I meant?

Why did you jump to assuming I mean a lost lover? I'm not sure what that would even be.

I never said it’ll be one or the other?

I said my guess is there is at least one of each. Aka I think it’ll be a mix of both. I think you misread my post

Now that I know you might have misread my post it made more sense.
Originally I thought your question was extremely weird because it seems as if you didn’t know everyone had lovers — and the only explaination to that would be that your role was having a hidden lover, which might have caused you to think that

But now it just seems to be a misread
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-18 06:40:14" ] Raccoonus imma be honest. you choosing to pres onto me instead of someone else that you think is elim worthy doesn’t look too good. It’s either omgus, or a rather rigid read. A number of people have shared similar opinions to me. If I were a wolf, which ones would you think it’s paired with me? I want to see your townreads actually. Even if they’re all vibe reads/gut reads [/quote] I mean, I can try and get a readlist out, but I start work in two hours, so it's not gonna be as in depth as I'd like to go. Especially since I won't have time to work on it during my shift like I usually can [s]work situation is just too hectic atp. Irl stuff[/s], and I get off half an hour before rollover.
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-18 06:40:14:

I mean, I can try and get a readlist out, but I start work in two hours, so it's not gonna be as in depth as I'd like to go. Especially since I won't have time to work on it during my shift like I usually can work situation is just too hectic atp. Irl stuff, and I get off half an hour before rollover.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 126 127