Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [END] Circus of Kaboom! | Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9D8obqJ.png[/img] this is a mafia game with a lot of magic! glitter! be warned of many shenanigans. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3242691/]signups[/url] | discussion | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3249188]voting[/url][/center] [i]Friday, 3:30pm. [/i] The school bell chimes, signifying the end of your last class–and the school year. [i]It’s finally the summer holidays! [/i]You pack your notebooks away quickly and make your way to the door, excited at the many fun things you’ll get to do. You can already imagine yourself being surrounded by cats at your favorite cat cafe and giving them [i]allll[/i] the pets while they curl around you and purr and- One moment you’re taking your first step out of the classroom (to freedom!) and the next you’re falling, falling, falling into a seemingly bottomless dark pit and [i]ohgodsyou’regoingtodie-[/i] …until you find that the pit is neither bottomless nor (completely) dark as neon lights flood your vision and you crash-land onto a surface ([i]oh, a trampoline[/i]) and find yourself airborne once more. This time you manage to land gracefully, instincts (wait, [i]what instincts?[/i]) kicking in as you twist your body mid-air to right yourself. To say that you landed on your feet wouldn’t be entirely accurate, however. You let out a surprised yelp as you realise your feet (and hands) have turned into paws. And you are covered with soft, fluffy fur. “Here, kitty, kitty!” Your ears twitch as you hear cooing to your right. A girl about your age beams as you turn your attention towards her, her arms reaching out to give you headpats. [i]Wait, I’m not a cat! I was a human just seconds ago![/i] You open your mouth, ready to protest. Before you make out any words (or would they be meows instead?), a puff of pink smoke surrounds you, blocking your vision. When it dissipates, you hear the flapping of wings and an ostrich appears in front of you. The girl is nowhere to be seen. Though, judging from the ostrich’s awkward, frantic wing flaps, you can approximately guess that the ostrich [i]is[/i] the girl, transformed into an animal like you. Somehow. Glitter explodes above you, and you look up to see a neon sign floating midair. ”CIRCUS OF KABOOM!!” [i]What kind of a name is that?[/i] You scrunch your face in disgust at modgod’s terrible naming sense. [color=transparent](beyond the fourth wall, modgod sobs. she is terrible with words.)[/color] A ring of rock candy materialises mid-air and a narwhal (also floating mid-air) leaps through it, leaving rainbow-coloured bubbles along its trail. Behind you, an antelope tosses many brightly coloured beach balls in the air and shoots at them with rainbow eye lasers. In the midst of all the chaos, one thought rings in your head: [i]What on earth is going on?[/i]
9D8obqJ.png
this is a mafia game with a lot of magic! glitter! be warned of many shenanigans.

signups | discussion | voting

Friday, 3:30pm.

The school bell chimes, signifying the end of your last class–and the school year. It’s finally the summer holidays! You pack your notebooks away quickly and make your way to the door, excited at the many fun things you’ll get to do. You can already imagine yourself being surrounded by cats at your favorite cat cafe and giving them allll the pets while they curl around you and purr and-

One moment you’re taking your first step out of the classroom (to freedom!) and the next you’re falling, falling, falling into a seemingly bottomless dark pit and ohgodsyou’regoingtodie-

…until you find that the pit is neither bottomless nor (completely) dark as neon lights flood your vision and you crash-land onto a surface (oh, a trampoline) and find yourself airborne once more. This time you manage to land gracefully, instincts (wait, what instincts?) kicking in as you twist your body mid-air to right yourself.

To say that you landed on your feet wouldn’t be entirely accurate, however. You let out a surprised yelp as you realise your feet (and hands) have turned into paws. And you are covered with soft, fluffy fur.

“Here, kitty, kitty!”

Your ears twitch as you hear cooing to your right. A girl about your age beams as you turn your attention towards her, her arms reaching out to give you headpats. Wait, I’m not a cat! I was a human just seconds ago! You open your mouth, ready to protest.

Before you make out any words (or would they be meows instead?), a puff of pink smoke surrounds you, blocking your vision. When it dissipates, you hear the flapping of wings and an ostrich appears in front of you. The girl is nowhere to be seen. Though, judging from the ostrich’s awkward, frantic wing flaps, you can approximately guess that the ostrich is the girl, transformed into an animal like you. Somehow.

Glitter explodes above you, and you look up to see a neon sign floating midair. ”CIRCUS OF KABOOM!!” What kind of a name is that? You scrunch your face in disgust at modgod’s terrible naming sense. (beyond the fourth wall, modgod sobs. she is terrible with words.)
A ring of rock candy materialises mid-air and a narwhal (also floating mid-air) leaps through it, leaving rainbow-coloured bubbles along its trail. Behind you, an antelope tosses many brightly coloured beach balls in the air and shoots at them with rainbow eye lasers. In the midst of all the chaos, one thought rings in your head:

What on earth is going on?
jghAv2V.png
Game Information
  • This game will run on a 48/24 cycle, with lockdown happening at 0600 FRT.
  • This game is non-b*stard. The mod will not lie to you deliberately, but there might be roles that alter information / results that you receive from the mod. Role flips, if successful, will always be accurate.
  • This game is non-RP, where roleplaying is discouraged. There will be no flavour hints. Events happening in the flavor have no correlation to ability usage or roles in play.
  • This game is role-madness, where all players will have abilities that have an impact on the game. There are several types of abilities:
    • [ACTIVE] abilities require the player to submit an action to the mod for them to take effect. Most abilities are active abilities.
    • [PASSIVE] abilities trigger passively upon certain conditions being fulfilled, and will not require activating.
    • [NON-CONSECUTIVE] abilities cannot be used on consecutive nights.
    • [X-SHOT] abilities can only be used a limited amount of times.
    • [LIGHTNING] abilities can be used any time, and are resolved instantly.
    • [FACTIONAL] abilities are shared across all members of the faction, and can be used by one member of the faction each day.
    • Unless otherwise stated, abilities cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
  • Unless mentioned otherwise, players will not be notified when they receive status effects.
  • The player with the most votes at the end of the day is eliminated. There is no minimum number of votes for an elimination to go through. In case of a tie, RNG decides who gets eliminated.
  • Discord will be used for private mod communications for all players. Let me know if you need help creating a discord account. Having a discord is optional for spectators who only wish to follow along the thread through pings for game events.
  • There is a minimum post requirement of 3 posts per in-game day cycle (72 hours). Posts in private communication channels do not count towards this requirement. Failure to meet the activity requirement will first result in a warn and a roleblock, then a force-replace. If no substitutes can be found, the slot will be modkilled after two more in-game days.

Rules
  • It is your responsibility to read and abide by these rules. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.
  • All Flight Rising rules apply to this game. Breaking them will result in being reported and being force-replaced / modkilled.
  • Please respect the spirit of the rules and don’t try to exploit any loopholes. Please ask first if you are unsure whether something is against the rules. Deliberate attempts to break the rules / baiting for a modkill is greatly frowned upon and will never work in your favour.
  • Please be courteous to each other. While this is a mafia game and accusations are to be expected, personal attacks are not allowed. If any player feels uncomfortable during the course of this game, please let a mod know.
  • Do not edit or delete posts. Double posts (i.e. posting the same post twice in a row due to technical issues) are the only exception to this rule, where the duplicated post may be deleted.
  • No out of thread communication is allowed unless it is in mod-created channels, whether it is with other players or substitutes. You may talk to spectators about the game but they must not reply.
  • Don't copy and paste/ screenshot anything the mod tells you privately. This includes rolecards and anything the mod tells you in your private communication channel.
  • Play to win. Gamethrowing makes the game not fun for everyone, and is very uncool and disrespectful to the mods and fellow players.
  • Most importantly, have fun! This is, after all, a game and we ultimately just want you to have a great time :)
Game Information
  • This game will run on a 48/24 cycle, with lockdown happening at 0600 FRT.
  • This game is non-b*stard. The mod will not lie to you deliberately, but there might be roles that alter information / results that you receive from the mod. Role flips, if successful, will always be accurate.
  • This game is non-RP, where roleplaying is discouraged. There will be no flavour hints. Events happening in the flavor have no correlation to ability usage or roles in play.
  • This game is role-madness, where all players will have abilities that have an impact on the game. There are several types of abilities:
    • [ACTIVE] abilities require the player to submit an action to the mod for them to take effect. Most abilities are active abilities.
    • [PASSIVE] abilities trigger passively upon certain conditions being fulfilled, and will not require activating.
    • [NON-CONSECUTIVE] abilities cannot be used on consecutive nights.
    • [X-SHOT] abilities can only be used a limited amount of times.
    • [LIGHTNING] abilities can be used any time, and are resolved instantly.
    • [FACTIONAL] abilities are shared across all members of the faction, and can be used by one member of the faction each day.
    • Unless otherwise stated, abilities cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
  • Unless mentioned otherwise, players will not be notified when they receive status effects.
  • The player with the most votes at the end of the day is eliminated. There is no minimum number of votes for an elimination to go through. In case of a tie, RNG decides who gets eliminated.
  • Discord will be used for private mod communications for all players. Let me know if you need help creating a discord account. Having a discord is optional for spectators who only wish to follow along the thread through pings for game events.
  • There is a minimum post requirement of 3 posts per in-game day cycle (72 hours). Posts in private communication channels do not count towards this requirement. Failure to meet the activity requirement will first result in a warn and a roleblock, then a force-replace. If no substitutes can be found, the slot will be modkilled after two more in-game days.

Rules
  • It is your responsibility to read and abide by these rules. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.
  • All Flight Rising rules apply to this game. Breaking them will result in being reported and being force-replaced / modkilled.
  • Please respect the spirit of the rules and don’t try to exploit any loopholes. Please ask first if you are unsure whether something is against the rules. Deliberate attempts to break the rules / baiting for a modkill is greatly frowned upon and will never work in your favour.
  • Please be courteous to each other. While this is a mafia game and accusations are to be expected, personal attacks are not allowed. If any player feels uncomfortable during the course of this game, please let a mod know.
  • Do not edit or delete posts. Double posts (i.e. posting the same post twice in a row due to technical issues) are the only exception to this rule, where the duplicated post may be deleted.
  • No out of thread communication is allowed unless it is in mod-created channels, whether it is with other players or substitutes. You may talk to spectators about the game but they must not reply.
  • Don't copy and paste/ screenshot anything the mod tells you privately. This includes rolecards and anything the mod tells you in your private communication channel.
  • Play to win. Gamethrowing makes the game not fun for everyone, and is very uncool and disrespectful to the mods and fellow players.
  • Most importantly, have fun! This is, after all, a game and we ultimately just want you to have a great time :)
jghAv2V.png
Players

1. Tanglefire
2. Viskara
3. Exastasy Druddigon
4. Scorisyn Eliminated D3, Clever Crow
5. ArtMajor terrify Eliminated D4, Sneaky Shark
6. Rayw1nd Eliminated D2, RRAGROTH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
7. Cognitive Killed N1, Lithe Leopard
8. MooshiDraws dandelionfires Killed N2, Forgetful Ferret
9. Islet ChaoticPotato
10. munnin Killed N4, Outgoing Otter
11. swimmergirl0903 Killed N4, Outstanding Octopus
12. Spirice Temmeh

Substitutes

1. Temmeh
2. ChaoticPotato
3. Druddigon
4. dandelionfires

Spectators

1. FL1GHT0F87
2. Xcscientist
3. Corno
4. Grow
5. feralmonarch
6. natsinabucket

Players

1. Tanglefire
2. Viskara
3. Exastasy Druddigon
4. Scorisyn Eliminated D3, Clever Crow
5. ArtMajor terrify Eliminated D4, Sneaky Shark
6. Rayw1nd Eliminated D2, RRAGROTH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
7. Cognitive Killed N1, Lithe Leopard
8. MooshiDraws dandelionfires Killed N2, Forgetful Ferret
9. Islet ChaoticPotato
10. munnin Killed N4, Outgoing Otter
11. swimmergirl0903 Killed N4, Outstanding Octopus
12. Spirice Temmeh

Substitutes

1. Temmeh
2. ChaoticPotato
3. Druddigon
4. dandelionfires

Spectators

1. FL1GHT0F87
2. Xcscientist
3. Corno
4. Grow
5. feralmonarch
6. natsinabucket

jghAv2V.png
Players: @Tanglefire @Viskara @Exastasy @Scorisyn @ArtMajor @Rayw1nd @Cognitive @MooshiDraws @Islet @munnin @swimmergirl0903 @Spirice Subs: @Temmeh @ChaoticPotato @Druddigon @dandelionfires Specs: @FL1GHT0F87 @Xcscientist @Corno @Grow @feralmonarch @natsinabucket [center][size=5]Start of Day 1[/size][/center] flavor pending, going to start this game first! the circus starts! a fish is launched into the air by a cannon and explodes into sparkles. ----- [b]Day 1 has begun! You may now begin posting. Day 1 ends on 22 June, 0600 FRT. Please submit all votes in the voting thread before then.[/b] [b]StormDreamer has died! They were the [color=#2A63FB]Unfortunate Unicornfish[/color], aligned with the Town.[/b] [quote name="rolecard"] [columns] [i]You find yourself in a magical, mysterious circus...[/i] Welcome, [b]Stormdreamer[/b]! You are the [color=#2A63FB][b]Unfortunate Unicornfish[/b][/color], aligned with the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive. [i]Yes, you like unicorns, but did you really HAVE to choose to be an animal that nobody knows about (and not the official name, too!) just so you could be unicorn-related?[/i] You have the following abilities at your disposal: [LIST] [*][b][PASSIVE][/b] Your sole purpose in this game is to demonstrate what a roleflip looks like. You will die at the start of Day 1. [*][b][∞-SHOT][LIGHTNING][/b] You may smite any player who breaks the rules with rainbow laser beams. [/LIST] [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ROQ2OU1.png[/img] [/columns][/quote]
Players: @Tanglefire @Viskara @Exastasy @Scorisyn @ArtMajor @Rayw1nd @Cognitive @MooshiDraws @Islet @munnin @swimmergirl0903 @Spirice

Subs: @Temmeh @ChaoticPotato @Druddigon @dandelionfires

Specs: @FL1GHT0F87 @Xcscientist @Corno @Grow @feralmonarch @natsinabucket

Start of Day 1

flavor pending, going to start this game first!

the circus starts! a fish is launched into the air by a cannon and explodes into sparkles.

Day 1 has begun! You may now begin posting.
Day 1 ends on 22 June, 0600 FRT. Please submit all votes in the voting thread before then.

StormDreamer has died! They were the Unfortunate Unicornfish, aligned with the Town.
rolecard wrote:
You find yourself in a magical, mysterious circus...

Welcome, Stormdreamer! You are the Unfortunate Unicornfish, aligned with the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Yes, you like unicorns, but did you really HAVE to choose to be an animal that nobody knows about (and not the official name, too!) just so you could be unicorn-related?

You have the following abilities at your disposal:
  • [PASSIVE] Your sole purpose in this game is to demonstrate what a roleflip looks like. You will die at the start of Day 1.
  • [∞-SHOT][LIGHTNING] You may smite any player who breaks the rules with rainbow laser beams.
ROQ2OU1.png
jghAv2V.png
Yay, it's finally up!

A quick introduction of myself:

Hey, I'm Viskara but you can call me Vis/Visk/Viska (honestly whatever you like). My pronouns are she/her and I'm FR+9.

Can't wait to see some new and familiar faces!
Yay, it's finally up!

A quick introduction of myself:

Hey, I'm Viskara but you can call me Vis/Visk/Viska (honestly whatever you like). My pronouns are she/her and I'm FR+9.

Can't wait to see some new and familiar faces!
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
Hi I’m Tangle and I’m here to eat the N1 kill.
jkjk killing me will be a very bad idea this game but shh

She/they, I don’t really care about pronouns. FR+7. I have stuff due soon so o wouldn’t be around an awful lot.
Hi I’m Tangle and I’m here to eat the N1 kill.
jkjk killing me will be a very bad idea this game but shh

She/they, I don’t really care about pronouns. FR+7. I have stuff due soon so o wouldn’t be around an awful lot.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Hello! I’m Cognitive or Cog. I don’t have a preference for pronouns and am FRT+3. I’m at work for the next seven hours or so but will be around periodically.
Hello! I’m Cognitive or Cog. I don’t have a preference for pronouns and am FRT+3. I’m at work for the next seven hours or so but will be around periodically.
vV5jbm.png
Its mafia time!!! Hype :D My name is swimmergirl0903 but you can just call me swim. I use she/her and they/them pronouns. My timezone is fr +3. This will be my 3rd full mafia game and I'm excited to play with you all. Before the game begins, I would like to mention that I have a job at a summer camp now, which requires me to not have my phone out from 4:00 FR to sometime after 14:00 FR, so bear with me on that. I'll still contribute as much as I can outside that time constraint! Now onto the fun stuff! Some things I would like to point out right away is that [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-06-20 05:46:54" ] This game is non-RP, where roleplaying is discouraged. There will be no flavour hints. Events happening in the flavor have no correlation to ability usage or roles in play. [/quote] so we don't waste time analyzing flavor since it won't provide us with hints Also storm died already??? Her rolecard says that she is an example flip for us and that makes me curious, will we get to see everyone's abilities after we die? If so, that is quite useful for information. I'm gonna make two questions for an icebreaker this time!! You can answer one, both or neither this is just to get the ball rolling. What are your thoughts on D1 elims? I've always been leaning more towards yes for eliminating on day one ONLY IF WE HAVE A SUS READ ON SOMEONE because especially if the days are 48 hrs, we have a decent chunk of time to look over what everyone has said so far and if we have someone in mind, we shouldn't push it off just because its D1. How would you say your playstyle is? I've been more of a passive player and a lurker in past games but I've been working to change that! I already stated that there will be periods when I won't have time to respond but I will try my best to get all my thoughts here so everyone can see!
Its mafia time!!! Hype :D My name is swimmergirl0903 but you can just call me swim. I use she/her and they/them pronouns. My timezone is fr +3. This will be my 3rd full mafia game and I'm excited to play with you all. Before the game begins, I would like to mention that I have a job at a summer camp now, which requires me to not have my phone out from 4:00 FR to sometime after 14:00 FR, so bear with me on that. I'll still contribute as much as I can outside that time constraint!

Now onto the fun stuff! Some things I would like to point out right away is that
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-06-20 05:46:54:
This game is non-RP, where roleplaying is discouraged. There will be no flavour hints. Events happening in the flavor have no correlation to ability usage or roles in play.
so we don't waste time analyzing flavor since it won't provide us with hints

Also storm died already??? Her rolecard says that she is an example flip for us and that makes me curious, will we get to see everyone's abilities after we die? If so, that is quite useful for information.

I'm gonna make two questions for an icebreaker this time!! You can answer one, both or neither this is just to get the ball rolling.
What are your thoughts on D1 elims?
I've always been leaning more towards yes for eliminating on day one ONLY IF WE HAVE A SUS READ ON SOMEONE because especially if the days are 48 hrs, we have a decent chunk of time to look over what everyone has said so far and if we have someone in mind, we shouldn't push it off just because its D1.

How would you say your playstyle is?
I've been more of a passive player and a lurker in past games but I've been working to change that! I already stated that there will be periods when I won't have time to respond but I will try my best to get all my thoughts here so everyone can see!
Fafnir_20230321210009.png
hi everyone i’m spectri (or you can shorten my username), she/her. my timezone is fr+3! although between 10:00 frt and 15:00 frt on weekdays i will unfortunately not be able to access fr.

so to answer the icebreaker questions; my thoughts on d1 elims are that they can certainly be useful. if a person is acting especially sus i will not hesitate to suggest they get elimmed. however if no one is acting particularly sus i see no reason to do a d1 elim.

in past games i tend to agree with other points and add onto theirs instead of bringing forth my own original points. that is certainly something i’m working on and will hopefully change this game. i also tend to be an active player!
hi everyone i’m spectri (or you can shorten my username), she/her. my timezone is fr+3! although between 10:00 frt and 15:00 frt on weekdays i will unfortunately not be able to access fr.

so to answer the icebreaker questions; my thoughts on d1 elims are that they can certainly be useful. if a person is acting especially sus i will not hesitate to suggest they get elimmed. however if no one is acting particularly sus i see no reason to do a d1 elim.

in past games i tend to agree with other points and add onto theirs instead of bringing forth my own original points. that is certainly something i’m working on and will hopefully change this game. i also tend to be an active player!
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
MB92Vfc.png
1) always elim. Lunch is good, lunch is nice, we should always lunch.

2) ehhhh idk. My play style is currently in a changing phase after champs. Right now I’m awkwardly stuck in between my older textwall style and the shorter, more direct style. Still trying to find the balance and finalise on something.

If you want to meta me, don’t bother using games before 2022, since I’ve changed a lot since my long hiatus.
1) always elim. Lunch is good, lunch is nice, we should always lunch.

2) ehhhh idk. My play style is currently in a changing phase after champs. Right now I’m awkwardly stuck in between my older textwall style and the shorter, more direct style. Still trying to find the balance and finalise on something.

If you want to meta me, don’t bother using games before 2022, since I’ve changed a lot since my long hiatus.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79