Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [END] Circus of Kaboom! | Discussion
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79
Eh, explaing sus behavior is iffy for me, i feel like it can make it easy for mafia to slip under the radar if they know what people expect from them. I think its important to be more on the lookout for behavior you know personally is suspicious, and then make judgements based on that. Group consensus is likely to not be reached, and the best we can do is explain why when the time comes. As for a d1e, ive found it more oftwn then not can help the mafia but thats just my opinion, if somebody has more compelling evidence i might? But right niw i see no reason to do so.
Eh, explaing sus behavior is iffy for me, i feel like it can make it easy for mafia to slip under the radar if they know what people expect from them. I think its important to be more on the lookout for behavior you know personally is suspicious, and then make judgements based on that. Group consensus is likely to not be reached, and the best we can do is explain why when the time comes. As for a d1e, ive found it more oftwn then not can help the mafia but thats just my opinion, if somebody has more compelling evidence i might? But right niw i see no reason to do so.
[quote name="@Viskara" date="2023-06-21 09:59:42" ] [quote name="@/Tanglefire" date="2023-06-21 02:26:47" ] lol scum would already know what’s suspicious and what’s not though. It’s also easier said than done. “Yeah lurking is bad I will try to not lurk as scum to be goodie goodie!”. Can scum actually keep on churning up new content after a few days into game? Can scum actually run around voicing many clear reads?[/quote] If people can be automatically towny by knowing what is scummy and avoiding it, there would be no point in playing with anyone that’s not a newbie. The point is to catch all the slips even when mafia knows what they’re supposed to do. And they can’t totally hide that, some point in the game the tmi is going to leak through. If you’re asking why that post, I want people to talk, threads dead. Also, [b]if someone mentions sth as sus to them, but goes in to do it later, it helps verify that they’re not simply unaware of it.[/b] [/quote] Think you might have missed the bolded part. It’s useful in cases when someone puts sth as a scumtell, then goes on to do it. It shows that they’re aware this is sus, but they’re still doing it. e.g. newbie only responds when pinged. They previously put that as a scumtell in icebreaker. This shows that they know what they’re doing is sus, they weren’t doing it because they’re new and didn’t know. Plus, it shows what kind of stuff people look for when they scumhunt. If you notice someone ignoring a scumtell they listed (says they find sheeps sus, but somehow didn’t sus a sheeping player) or jumping on a wagon suddenly for a scumtell they didn’t mention (didn’t say they find lurking stuff, now suddenly wants to lunch lurker), that can be important. I personally never had a problem with sharing scumtells. It used to show up a lot in questionnaires/icebreakers as well.
@Viskara wrote on 2023-06-21 09:59:42:
@/Tanglefire wrote on 2023-06-21 02:26:47:
lol scum would already know what’s suspicious and what’s not though.
It’s also easier said than done. “Yeah lurking is bad I will try to not lurk as scum to be goodie goodie!”. Can scum actually keep on churning up new content after a few days into game? Can scum actually run around voicing many clear reads?

If people can be automatically towny by knowing what is scummy and avoiding it, there would be no point in playing with anyone that’s not a newbie. The point is to catch all the slips even when mafia knows what they’re supposed to do. And they can’t totally hide that, some point in the game the tmi is going to leak through.

If you’re asking why that post, I want people to talk, threads dead. Also, if someone mentions sth as sus to them, but goes in to do it later, it helps verify that they’re not simply unaware of it.

Think you might have missed the bolded part.
It’s useful in cases when someone puts sth as a scumtell, then goes on to do it. It shows that they’re aware this is sus, but they’re still doing it.
e.g. newbie only responds when pinged. They previously put that as a scumtell in icebreaker. This shows that they know what they’re doing is sus, they weren’t doing it because they’re new and didn’t know.

Plus, it shows what kind of stuff people look for when they scumhunt. If you notice someone ignoring a scumtell they listed (says they find sheeps sus, but somehow didn’t sus a sheeping player) or jumping on a wagon suddenly for a scumtell they didn’t mention (didn’t say they find lurking stuff, now suddenly wants to lunch lurker), that can be important.

I personally never had a problem with sharing scumtells. It used to show up a lot in questionnaires/icebreakers as well.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="@Tanglefire" date="2023-06-21 11:04:13" ] Think you might have missed the bolded part. It’s useful in cases when someone puts sth as a scumtell, then goes on to do it. It shows that they’re aware this is sus, but they’re still doing it. e.g. newbie only responds when pinged. They previously put that as a scumtell in icebreaker. This shows that they know what they’re doing is sus, they weren’t doing it because they’re new and didn’t know. Plus, it shows what kind of stuff people look for when they scumhunt. If you notice someone ignoring a scumtell they listed (says they find sheeps sus, but somehow didn’t sus a sheeping player) or jumping on a wagon suddenly for a scumtell they didn’t mention (didn’t say they find lurking stuff, now suddenly wants to lunch lurker), that can be important. I personally never had a problem with sharing scumtells. It used to show up a lot in questionnaires/icebreakers as well. [/quote] I actually did miss that part (I blame the broken mobile site for that). I can see your point, but can't help myself wondering if it's worth the risk of giving scum a list like that. Maybe that's just a newb opinion, but I'm still feeling iffy about this. I also haven't seen this question as an icebreaker/questionnaire question before to explain my initial heavy scepticism. I'd just rather point my scumtells, if I see a person behaving that way. In the end you can still come back to it, if the behaviour doesn't match the previous mentioned opinion.
@Tanglefire wrote on 2023-06-21 11:04:13:
Think you might have missed the bolded part.
It’s useful in cases when someone puts sth as a scumtell, then goes on to do it. It shows that they’re aware this is sus, but they’re still doing it.
e.g. newbie only responds when pinged. They previously put that as a scumtell in icebreaker. This shows that they know what they’re doing is sus, they weren’t doing it because they’re new and didn’t know.

Plus, it shows what kind of stuff people look for when they scumhunt. If you notice someone ignoring a scumtell they listed (says they find sheeps sus, but somehow didn’t sus a sheeping player) or jumping on a wagon suddenly for a scumtell they didn’t mention (didn’t say they find lurking stuff, now suddenly wants to lunch lurker), that can be important.

I personally never had a problem with sharing scumtells. It used to show up a lot in questionnaires/icebreakers as well.

I actually did miss that part (I blame the broken mobile site for that). I can see your point, but can't help myself wondering if it's worth the risk of giving scum a list like that.
Maybe that's just a newb opinion, but I'm still feeling iffy about this.
I also haven't seen this question as an icebreaker/questionnaire question before to explain my initial heavy scepticism.

I'd just rather point my scumtells, if I see a person behaving that way. In the end you can still come back to it, if the behaviour doesn't match the previous mentioned opinion.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
It ok I can understand if people want to be cautious about it
It ok I can understand if people want to be cautious about it
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="@munnin" date="2023-06-21 10:28:36" ] Eh, explaing sus behavior is iffy for me, i feel like it can make it easy for mafia to slip under the radar if they know what people expect from them. I think its important to be more on the lookout for behavior you know personally is suspicious, and then make judgements based on that. Group consensus is likely to not be reached, and the best we can do is explain why when the time comes. As for a d1e, ive found it more oftwn then not can help the mafia but thats just my opinion, if somebody has more compelling evidence i might? But right niw i see no reason to do so. [/quote] I'm just curious why you think that D1 elims favor mafia? My past games have mostly been free of d1 elims and the one time we did elim d1 we hit scum so I would like to hear why you think that As for sharing what you find as scummy, its understandable to be hesitant to share information however as I stated before, I think the mafia already know what to look out for and if they don't, they have other mafia players they can ask about it.
@munnin wrote on 2023-06-21 10:28:36:
I'm just curious why you think that D1 elims favor mafia? My past games have mostly been free of d1 elims and the one time we did elim d1 we hit scum so I would like to hear why you think that
As for sharing what you find as scummy, its understandable to be hesitant to share information however as I stated before, I think the mafia already know what to look out for and if they don't, they have other mafia players they can ask about it.
Fafnir_20230321210009.png
[quote name="@swimmergirl0903" date="2023-06-21 11:59:59" ] I'm just curious why you think that D1 elims favor mafia? My past games have mostly been free of d1 elims and the one time we did elim d1 we hit scum so I would like to hear why you think that As for sharing what you find as scummy, its understandable to be hesitant to share information however as I stated before, I think the mafia already know what to look out for and if they don't, they have other mafia players they can ask about it. [/quote] (Not Munnin, but I wanted to respond anyway) D1E just for the sake of a D1E may cause people to misjudge, and eliminate one of the less helpful/active town members, effectively giving Mafia a double kill. Especially since day one tends to have little to no information avalible. Currently, I also see no reason to do a D1E, as no ones behavior strikes me as particularly sus.
@swimmergirl0903 wrote on 2023-06-21 11:59:59:
I'm just curious why you think that D1 elims favor mafia? My past games have mostly been free of d1 elims and the one time we did elim d1 we hit scum so I would like to hear why you think that
As for sharing what you find as scummy, its understandable to be hesitant to share information however as I stated before, I think the mafia already know what to look out for and if they don't, they have other mafia players they can ask about it.

(Not Munnin, but I wanted to respond anyway)

D1E just for the sake of a D1E may cause people to misjudge, and eliminate one of the less helpful/active town members, effectively giving Mafia a double kill. Especially since day one tends to have little to no information avalible. Currently, I also see no reason to do a D1E, as no ones behavior strikes me as particularly sus.
lHdQ8WC.gif arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fr time +3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Any pronouns
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Likes GI and HSR
I look at d1 elims like the cliche "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take." So if we do a d1 elim, we have a chance of hitting mafia as well as additional information that can be useful into day 2. That additional information can be seeing who voted where and why on d1 and/or why the person who was night-killed might have been chosen. If there isn't a d1 elim, there's 0% chance of hitting mafia because we simply didn't eliminate anyone. I don't mind sharing scum tells or what I find suspicious from other people. I think, as Tangle mentioned, it's useful in watching if people fall into their own scum tells or defend others displaying what they said they find suspicious. [quote]This game has probably around 3 scum players, [b]the other one can just make the kill. [/b][/quote] @Viskara It's probably the work day getting to me, but can you clarify the bolded part? Which other one?
I look at d1 elims like the cliche "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take." So if we do a d1 elim, we have a chance of hitting mafia as well as additional information that can be useful into day 2. That additional information can be seeing who voted where and why on d1 and/or why the person who was night-killed might have been chosen. If there isn't a d1 elim, there's 0% chance of hitting mafia because we simply didn't eliminate anyone.

I don't mind sharing scum tells or what I find suspicious from other people. I think, as Tangle mentioned, it's useful in watching if people fall into their own scum tells or defend others displaying what they said they find suspicious.
Quote:
This game has probably around 3 scum players, the other one can just make the kill.

@Viskara It's probably the work day getting to me, but can you clarify the bolded part? Which other one?
vV5jbm.png
[quote name="Viskara" date="2023-06-20 07:29:59" ] @ Raywind Hey there! The first question is about if you're willing to vote someone out on the first day in case you found the abbreviation confusing. [/quote] (sorry for late reply, I didn't see this ping in my notifications HAHA-) Thanks for the explanation, it helped a lot ajsksmsm PERSONALLY I wouldn't eliminate someone on the first day since I have nothing to go off of + it sounds unfair to me imo ^^' I'm gonna sub to this thread now so I can be more active~
Viskara wrote on 2023-06-20 07:29:59:
@ Raywind

Hey there! The first question is about if you're willing to vote someone out on the first day in case you found the abbreviation confusing.
(sorry for late reply, I didn't see this ping in my notifications HAHA-)
Thanks for the explanation, it helped a lot ajsksmsm

PERSONALLY I wouldn't eliminate someone on the first day since I have nothing to go off of + it sounds unfair to me imo ^^'

I'm gonna sub to this thread now so I can be more active~
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
[quote name="@Cognitive" date="2023-06-21 12:17:23" ] [quote]This game has probably around 3 scum players, [b]the other one can just make the kill. [/b][/quote] @/Viskara It's probably the work day getting to me, but can you clarify the bolded part? Which other one? [/quote] The rest of the scum team. If one maf dies, another maf still can do the kill.
@Cognitive wrote on 2023-06-21 12:17:23:
Quote:
This game has probably around 3 scum players, the other one can just make the kill.

@/Viskara It's probably the work day getting to me, but can you clarify the bolded part? Which other one?

The rest of the scum team. If one maf dies, another maf still can do the kill.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
[quote name="@Islet" date="2023-06-20 23:05:01" ] Hey there! Name: Islet When am I online?: Depends because uni deadlines and part time work and atm some of my friends are leaving the country, so... Very busy. But I'll try to be online around now. CEST(+9 FR) I'm for elims always, but don't have much mental space rn, so will go with majority vote. [/quote] I’m looking back through the thread and this stuck out to me. I guess in saying you’ll just go with the majority. Care to add anymore to that?
@Islet wrote on 2023-06-20 23:05:01:
Hey there!

Name: Islet

When am I online?: Depends because uni deadlines and part time work and atm some of my friends are leaving the country, so... Very busy. But I'll try to be online around now. CEST(+9 FR)

I'm for elims always, but don't have much mental space rn, so will go with majority vote.

I’m looking back through the thread and this stuck out to me. I guess in saying you’ll just go with the majority. Care to add anymore to that?
vV5jbm.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79