Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Treasure Hunt // Catsquerade
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Congratulations to Team Tea and Cookies!

I had a lot of fun win Team WIP and this event went amazingly. Thank you @squidragon for hosting such a delightful and enjoyable event. I hope you and everyone here had an awesome Crystalline Gala!

Most of all, I'm grateful to have a new cat join in my Clan and I look forward to writing some more adventures about Yosuke in between school.
Congratulations to Team Tea and Cookies!

I had a lot of fun win Team WIP and this event went amazingly. Thank you @squidragon for hosting such a delightful and enjoyable event. I hope you and everyone here had an awesome Crystalline Gala!

Most of all, I'm grateful to have a new cat join in my Clan and I look forward to writing some more adventures about Yosuke in between school.
GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
This event was absolutely amazing ovo i had a blast <3
This event was absolutely amazing ovo i had a blast <3

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
Congratulations, everyone! [emoji=firework size=1] This was fun, I'm definitely going to participate next year if possible! [emoji=new friend size=1]
Congratulations, everyone!
This was fun, I'm definitely going to participate next year if possible!
tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png
@retrace [size=2]so sorry that this took so long! [s]it always seems like when you most want to do something that everything in the world conspires against it.[/s] also, i hope that this is alright! i've never actually reached a real end in a rp before[/size] ----- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SPXaeeu.png[/img] [font=Impact][size=4][color=MediumPurple]Reggie[/color][/size][/font] [/center] Hours of thinking and testing every possible thing that the cats could in order to open up the door, and all it took was one simple solution dreamed up by the Tea and Cookies team. Finally! All the events of the week had come together and the mystery of the letter that kicked it all off was revealed. The rolling fog of the opening door slowly dispersed to reveal the secrets of the room within and… The treasure ended up being almost… underwhelming. Yes, it was shiny. All the rest of the cats dived right in and began playing in the wealth. But Reggie realised after a few seconds of taking in the splendor, it wasn’t anything that she hadn’t really seen before. She’d been in her Clan’s vault more times than she could count. Gold and gems were simply… [i]that.[/i] Gold and gems. Exactly the same no matter where you were looking at them. Her tail slowly drooped. She’d spent all week building it up in her head and she wasn’t sure what to think about how she felt towards the pay off. [i]Bad?[/i] The other cats really seemed to like it, if their meows of joy were any indication. Why shouldn’t she feel the same? The black cat jumped from where they had been settled upon her back the past few hours of everything happening, breaking her from her disheartened staring. They led her away from the crowd, further and further to a quieter little corner of the chamber. (Reggie didn’t even look back once.) Then they fetched two little rocks, poking and moving the stones in a way that seemed to convey some sort of message before looking back up with a question in their eyes. Reggie tilted her head in return, ear twitching as she tried to decipher the charade. [i]They looked at me, then a rock… Then poked the other. Then moved them apart…[/i] “Oh!” she mewled. “Am I gonna have to go? Well, yeah, eventually. Wouldn’t you? But!--” her fur puffed up-- “We still have time. The festival isn’t over yet! C’mon, let’s get back to the other cats!” She hopped up and loped back, trying not to think about the rapidly approaching departure. Nor would she let her feelings impede the revelry of her friend and everyone else. As cliche as it may be; for Reggie, the journey ended up being much better than the destination. ----- Slowly and yet all too soon, the hours slipped away and the cats’ celebration wound to a close. Cats slipped away in the night, alone, in pairs or small groups. Ready or not, it was time to go back to their homes and normal lives after a long week. Reggie and the black cat had, too, eventually left the treasure room. They padded through the main castle, watching as dragons began stripping away the decorations as other plotted out their returns to their respective flights. A place of festivities and fun returning back to what it truly was, a fortress perched over a dungeon full of horrible beasts. Reggie peeked over at her feline friend. Would she ever see them again? Was this just a one time thing? Heck! She didn’t even know their name. [i]But… Do they know my name, either?[/i] The black cat never spoke-- could they, even?-- so she wasn’t sure. “Ya know,” she drawled out, breaking the silence. “If you ever find yourself with time to waste near the Tempest Spire, feel free to visit! Clan Tempestas Clamanti. Just ask for me, uh, Reggie.” [i]There![/i] Now she was sure that they knew her name, and opened up a possibility to see them again. Tons of dragons and familiars passed through the Clan, nobody’d notice anything wrong with a furry little black cat running around. She hoped that they would in time, or that she’d figure where to visit them. She’d only known the cat for a few short days, but she felt that they’d become fast friends. Even if she didn’t know their name, even if she never saw them again, she’d never forget them and everything that happened. [center]~*~[/center] Reggie’s walk had become more of a shuffle. Time was running dangerously low for her stay. The din of cats and dragons echoing in her ears when one familiar voice picked itself out of the crowd. Her ears perked at it. It was a dragon friend! Not Friend, though, not Jaynum. A friend of Friend. Or a friend of Friend’s friend? She wasn’t exactly the exact relationship between the dragons. She could spot him just ahead through the crowd, speaking with a shop-keeping dragon. He was trying to barter with them on a trinket of some sort. “C’mon, nobody else bought it all week. You’ll be liquidating all that left over festival inventory for nothing in a few days-- I’ve seen it dozens of times. Half price.” It seemed to work, he slipped the mystery object in a pocket and handed over a few coins. “It’s been really fun,” Reggie meowed to the black cat. “But I think I gotta go now, one of my dragons are up there.” She dipped down towards the black cat and butted her head affectionately against against theirs. With a final flick of her tail, Reggie trotted towards the dragon. ----- ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=83157&did=37545457][font=Gabriola][size=5][color=#655888]Fortune[/color][/size][/font][emoji=ice rune size=1][/url][/center] “There you are, cat,” Fortune called out to the approaching familiar. “We’ve been looking for you all day.” He dropped back on his haunches to lift up the Bantam Fangar for a closer look. Nothing seemed wrong with her, she had just taken her sweet time in the Fortress. How typical of a cat. “Ya have fun out there?” He wasn’t sure why he asked the question, it wasn’t like she’d answer. But the feline twisted her head around and let out a yowl. Fortune furrowed his brow, looking around the mass of fur in his claws. There was another cat-- an actual cat. A fluffy little black thing. “Made a friend, huh?” He got it. You can’t [i]not[/i] spend a week at things like that and come out the other side with a clean nose. He’d just been lucky that so far all the good parts managed to stick around afterwards. But having to leave a friend behind? That’d be hard to do. “There’s always next year,” Fortune told the Fangar, setting her back down. They’d need to get back to the rest of them soon. “You and me both.” ----- [size=2]with the dragons we start, with the dragons we end. and, of course, i just had to throw in another Fortune cameo[/size] ----- It's been wonderful to rp with you too! Reggie's delighted to have had another friend in Knife. [emoji=gaoler happy size=1] Though I will say... If you ever want to start up a rp-- a reunion of Knife and Reggie (or anything really)-- I'd be 100% down for that! ([size=2]i'm lov knife,,,[/size]) ----- Another general thank you for the event and if anyone's still around to see... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Wqv3VI5.png[/img] [size=4][color=MediumPurple]Reggie loves you all![/center]
@retrace so sorry that this took so long! it always seems like when you most want to do something that everything in the world conspires against it.

also, i hope that this is alright! i've never actually reached a real end in a rp before

SPXaeeu.png
Reggie

Hours of thinking and testing every possible thing that the cats could in order to open up the door, and all it took was one simple solution dreamed up by the Tea and Cookies team. Finally! All the events of the week had come together and the mystery of the letter that kicked it all off was revealed. The rolling fog of the opening door slowly dispersed to reveal the secrets of the room within and…

The treasure ended up being almost… underwhelming. Yes, it was shiny. All the rest of the cats dived right in and began playing in the wealth. But Reggie realised after a few seconds of taking in the splendor, it wasn’t anything that she hadn’t really seen before. She’d been in her Clan’s vault more times than she could count. Gold and gems were simply… that. Gold and gems. Exactly the same no matter where you were looking at them.

Her tail slowly drooped. She’d spent all week building it up in her head and she wasn’t sure what to think about how she felt towards the pay off. Bad? The other cats really seemed to like it, if their meows of joy were any indication. Why shouldn’t she feel the same?

The black cat jumped from where they had been settled upon her back the past few hours of everything happening, breaking her from her disheartened staring. They led her away from the crowd, further and further to a quieter little corner of the chamber. (Reggie didn’t even look back once.) Then they fetched two little rocks, poking and moving the stones in a way that seemed to convey some sort of message before looking back up with a question in their eyes.

Reggie tilted her head in return, ear twitching as she tried to decipher the charade. They looked at me, then a rock… Then poked the other. Then moved them apart…

“Oh!” she mewled. “Am I gonna have to go? Well, yeah, eventually. Wouldn’t you? But!--” her fur puffed up-- “We still have time. The festival isn’t over yet! C’mon, let’s get back to the other cats!”

She hopped up and loped back, trying not to think about the rapidly approaching departure. Nor would she let her feelings impede the revelry of her friend and everyone else.

As cliche as it may be; for Reggie, the journey ended up being much better than the destination.

Slowly and yet all too soon, the hours slipped away and the cats’ celebration wound to a close. Cats slipped away in the night, alone, in pairs or small groups. Ready or not, it was time to go back to their homes and normal lives after a long week.

Reggie and the black cat had, too, eventually left the treasure room. They padded through the main castle, watching as dragons began stripping away the decorations as other plotted out their returns to their respective flights. A place of festivities and fun returning back to what it truly was, a fortress perched over a dungeon full of horrible beasts. Reggie peeked over at her feline friend. Would she ever see them again? Was this just a one time thing? Heck! She didn’t even know their name. But… Do they know my name, either? The black cat never spoke-- could they, even?-- so she wasn’t sure.

“Ya know,” she drawled out, breaking the silence. “If you ever find yourself with time to waste near the Tempest Spire, feel free to visit! Clan Tempestas Clamanti. Just ask for me, uh, Reggie.”

There! Now she was sure that they knew her name, and opened up a possibility to see them again. Tons of dragons and familiars passed through the Clan, nobody’d notice anything wrong with a furry little black cat running around. She hoped that they would in time, or that she’d figure where to visit them. She’d only known the cat for a few short days, but she felt that they’d become fast friends. Even if she didn’t know their name, even if she never saw them again, she’d never forget them and everything that happened.
~*~

Reggie’s walk had become more of a shuffle. Time was running dangerously low for her stay. The din of cats and dragons echoing in her ears when one familiar voice picked itself out of the crowd. Her ears perked at it. It was a dragon friend! Not Friend, though, not Jaynum. A friend of Friend. Or a friend of Friend’s friend? She wasn’t exactly the exact relationship between the dragons.

She could spot him just ahead through the crowd, speaking with a shop-keeping dragon. He was trying to barter with them on a trinket of some sort. “C’mon, nobody else bought it all week. You’ll be liquidating all that left over festival inventory for nothing in a few days-- I’ve seen it dozens of times. Half price.” It seemed to work, he slipped the mystery object in a pocket and handed over a few coins.

“It’s been really fun,” Reggie meowed to the black cat. “But I think I gotta go now, one of my dragons are up there.”

She dipped down towards the black cat and butted her head affectionately against against theirs. With a final flick of her tail, Reggie trotted towards the dragon.

“There you are, cat,” Fortune called out to the approaching familiar. “We’ve been looking for you all day.”

He dropped back on his haunches to lift up the Bantam Fangar for a closer look. Nothing seemed wrong with her, she had just taken her sweet time in the Fortress. How typical of a cat. “Ya have fun out there?”

He wasn’t sure why he asked the question, it wasn’t like she’d answer. But the feline twisted her head around and let out a yowl. Fortune furrowed his brow, looking around the mass of fur in his claws. There was another cat-- an actual cat. A fluffy little black thing.

“Made a friend, huh?” He got it. You can’t not spend a week at things like that and come out the other side with a clean nose. He’d just been lucky that so far all the good parts managed to stick around afterwards. But having to leave a friend behind? That’d be hard to do.

“There’s always next year,” Fortune told the Fangar, setting her back down. They’d need to get back to the rest of them soon. “You and me both.”

with the dragons we start, with the dragons we end. and, of course, i just had to throw in another Fortune cameo

It's been wonderful to rp with you too! Reggie's delighted to have had another friend in Knife.

Though I will say... If you ever want to start up a rp-- a reunion of Knife and Reggie (or anything really)-- I'd be 100% down for that! (i'm lov knife,,,)

Another general thank you for the event and if anyone's still around to see...
Wqv3VI5.png

Reggie loves you all!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
squidragon makes the very best adventures. So much fun to play and read.
squidragon makes the very best adventures. So much fun to play and read.
vKdEoyf.png
[quote name="Ciphers" date="2020-02-02 13:21:01" ] Another general thank you for the event and if anyone's still around to see... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Wqv3VI5.png[/img] [size=4][color=MediumPurple]Reggie loves you all![/center] [/quote] That is.. adorable.
Ciphers wrote on 2020-02-02 13:21:01:
Another general thank you for the event and if anyone's still around to see...
Wqv3VI5.png

Reggie loves you all!

That is.. adorable.
Untitled433_20210801051058.png
WKtl2lb.png
Untitled353_20210801045801.png
°

°
219OsL8.gif Untitled353_20210801045801.png Hey there! I'm Chill/Flora. I use She/Her pronouns.
Gotta fix my sig
very inactive :(
Untitled353_20210801045801.png
Untitled433_20210801051058.png
unknown.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39