Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Treasure Hunt // Catsquerade
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38 39
Gosh, from first team to last in ranks. PRRFA can't catch a break with those gold clues ----- @retrace [size=2] [quote]cat_rp_mood.png[/quote] that is, indeed, the Mood. Knife is best boy. Reggie, meanwhile, conking out and missing the whole day. jkhkjh[/size] ----- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SPXaeeu.png[/img] [font=Impact][size=4][color=MediumPurple]Reggie[/color][/size][/font] [/center] A nice nap really was all Reggie needed. She awoke hours later, front paws snaking out to stretch the sleep from her bones. [i]”Mrrp?”[/i] she trilled when her toes touched something in front of her. Her head lifted from the bed, tongue tip peeking from her mouth and eyes still sleep-dazed as she looked at the mysterious object. Fabric. A little heap of scraps to be exact. Where had those come from? Did the black cat bring them? And why? And thinking of the black cat… Reggie peered around the little nook, looking for them. They had moved, of course. If they had been in the same place for however long she’d been out, that probably would have been really weird. Not anywhere outside that she could see. Maybe they’d gone behind..? [i]Oh![/i] There they were, curled up beside her furry flank and fast asleep. She’d let them be for now. With a wiggle and a hop, Reggie got up on her paws. Then as careful as she had ever been before, she tiptoed to look out over the outer territory of the Fortress. From what she could tell, it was much, much later than when she was last aware of her own existence. Just how much, though, she couldn’t tell. She lifted a paw and idly rubbed at her face, scrubbing away bits of fluff and broken leaves. “This week was really fun,” she mumbled to herself. She never really thought of being the sentimental type, but it was true. Reggie had a lot of friends in her Clan-- both dragons and beast alike-- and had seen and done many things. Though nothing had ever been quite like this: the mystery, the exhilaration, the exploration. A gaggle of cats in an icy castle. And soon it would all be over. Just not yet. There was still time to search for more clues. And especially the door to open and the treasure to discover. Even if PRRFA didn’t win, everything that had happened over the past few days would be a prize enough. Reggie rounded back to the sleeping shape of her furry black cat friend, She sat back on her haunches, tail curled neatly over her paws. Her eyes slid back shut and she began to purr. Might as well enjoy the time while she could.
Gosh, from first team to last in ranks. PRRFA can't catch a break with those gold clues

@retrace
Quote:
cat_rp_mood.png
that is, indeed, the Mood. Knife is best boy.

Reggie, meanwhile, conking out and missing the whole day. jkhkjh
SPXaeeu.png
Reggie

A nice nap really was all Reggie needed. She awoke hours later, front paws snaking out to stretch the sleep from her bones. ”Mrrp?” she trilled when her toes touched something in front of her. Her head lifted from the bed, tongue tip peeking from her mouth and eyes still sleep-dazed as she looked at the mysterious object.

Fabric. A little heap of scraps to be exact.

Where had those come from? Did the black cat bring them? And why?

And thinking of the black cat… Reggie peered around the little nook, looking for them. They had moved, of course. If they had been in the same place for however long she’d been out, that probably would have been really weird. Not anywhere outside that she could see. Maybe they’d gone behind..? Oh! There they were, curled up beside her furry flank and fast asleep. She’d let them be for now.

With a wiggle and a hop, Reggie got up on her paws. Then as careful as she had ever been before, she tiptoed to look out over the outer territory of the Fortress. From what she could tell, it was much, much later than when she was last aware of her own existence. Just how much, though, she couldn’t tell.

She lifted a paw and idly rubbed at her face, scrubbing away bits of fluff and broken leaves.

“This week was really fun,” she mumbled to herself. She never really thought of being the sentimental type, but it was true. Reggie had a lot of friends in her Clan-- both dragons and beast alike-- and had seen and done many things. Though nothing had ever been quite like this: the mystery, the exhilaration, the exploration. A gaggle of cats in an icy castle. And soon it would all be over.

Just not yet. There was still time to search for more clues. And especially the door to open and the treasure to discover. Even if PRRFA didn’t win, everything that had happened over the past few days would be a prize enough.

Reggie rounded back to the sleeping shape of her furry black cat friend, She sat back on her haunches, tail curled neatly over her paws. Her eyes slid back shut and she began to purr. Might as well enjoy the time while she could.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
[quote name="@PlatinumDream" date="2020-01-31 15:12:04" ] ... [color=brown]Team 3[/color], the [color=brown]Perfectly Responsible Rule-Following Association[/color], were dead last in points. Normally, this would be a serious morale-killer for any sort of organized competition, but even as she watched, the group rallied around the great dynamic between [color=brown]Reggie and Knife[/color] for one last hoorah, smiling and laughing (as much as a cat can) as they did so... [/quote] [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/662/705/0bd.png[/img] ty,,, uwu
@PlatinumDream wrote on 2020-01-31 15:12:04:
... Team 3, the Perfectly Responsible Rule-Following Association, were dead last in points. Normally, this would be a serious morale-killer for any sort of organized competition, but even as she watched, the group rallied around the great dynamic between Reggie and Knife for one last hoorah, smiling and laughing (as much as a cat can) as they did so...
0bd.png

ty,,, uwu
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2809741][img]https://i.imgur.com/j4LHKX2.gif[/img][/url][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][emoji=cat 2 size=1][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][img]https://i.imgur.com/YflKta7.gif[/img][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][emoji=cat 2 size=1][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2809741][img]https://i.imgur.com/j4LHKX2.gif[/img][/url][/center] Miranda thinks for a minute. [color=#707BEA]Hmmm... Well, what we do have is bribery and common sense... And, yeah, five or six cats per area is good[/color], she meows and looks up. [color=#707BEA]Oh cool![/color] she exclaims and points at a note by the scoreboard, which left by one of the treasure hunt organizers. [color=#707BEA]The note says there's a 50% chance of getting the highlighted clue color, like how the towers have a 50% chance of purple clues, 10% for each of the other clue colors, 10% midnight clues, and 10% silver clues. But the library/museum has 20% for each color (red, blue, gold, and purple), 10% midnight, and 10% silver.[/color] The cat pauses. [color=#707BEA]Huh... Looks like RNG to me. So, now what?[/color] She looks at her friends. with a confused expression. [rule] [size=2]@Rhin @PlatinumDream[/size]
j4LHKX2.gifgaaapgaaapYflKta7.gifgaaapgaaapj4LHKX2.gif

Miranda thinks for a minute. Hmmm... Well, what we do have is bribery and common sense... And, yeah, five or six cats per area is good, she meows and looks up. Oh cool! she exclaims and points at a note by the scoreboard, which left by one of the treasure hunt organizers. The note says there's a 50% chance of getting the highlighted clue color, like how the towers have a 50% chance of purple clues, 10% for each of the other clue colors, 10% midnight clues, and 10% silver clues. But the library/museum has 20% for each color (red, blue, gold, and purple), 10% midnight, and 10% silver. The cat pauses. Huh... Looks like RNG to me. So, now what? She looks at her friends. with a confused expression.

@Rhin @PlatinumDream
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
[center] CALLA - THE LAW [img]https://i.imgur.com/2SisSMK.gif[/img] [size=2] "Would that mean we'd do better in an area like the main castle or the library?" Calla wondered. "Common sense is more of a neutral trait, and I and Littlelark specialize in bribing. Unless we wanted to gain blue clues in the dungeon, but that note means we could get them anywhere else." She frowned, deep in thought. "Should we play to our strengths or go for those blue clues?" [/size] ----- [size=2] @pyereciae2788 @PlatinumDream [/size] [/center]
CALLA - THE LAW

2SisSMK.gif

"Would that mean we'd do better in an area like the main castle or the library?" Calla wondered. "Common sense is more of a neutral trait, and I and Littlelark specialize in bribing. Unless we wanted to gain blue clues in the dungeon, but that note means we could get them anywhere else." She frowned, deep in thought. "Should we play to our strengths or go for those blue clues?"

@pyereciae2788 @PlatinumDream

ice.png+++icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png+++icef1.png
(@Ciphers you and @retrace are out here blowing us all away with your RPing skills, I felt like it deserved some praise ^-^) [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/5JyVNSW.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/0svvAKw.gif[/img] [size=4][color=#726E6D][b][emoji=owl size=1] Littlelark [emoji=cat 1 size=1][/color][/b] [color=#9f000f][b][ [emoji=gem] Bribery [emoji=money bag size=1] ][/color][/size] [b][okay to ping!][/b] [/center] Littlelark looks over the paper in Mewranda's paws, and thinks back over the week and how each major thing was found. "Now that I think about it, no one's really found the treasures or entrance during normal clue hunting activities, it all seems strangely catjacent to it," Littlelark frowns. "I guess we'll either have enough clues by tonight to solve the riddle or we don't. Even if it isn't the best way to get points, there's really no harm in going [color=gold]Outside[/color]--it just might not help very much?" She flicks her tail as a shrug. "I still think we could help best with the [color=purple]Towers[/color], [color=blue]Dungeons[/color], or [color=red]Main Castle[/color] teams, though. They could encounter a scenario they'll need our skills to help overcome, but we don't know the [color=gold]Outside[/color] unless we wanna see if curiosity is in a catty mood..." She pauses, considering. "We really just don't know what'll happen anywhere we go until it happens, and there's no use trying to purrdict the future--none of us can!" Littlelark nods at Mewranda's note. "Just because the highlighted areas have a better chance to yield clues doesn't mean they'll always be that clue type, and even if we end up in a challenge that doesn't play to our strengths, we can still help some. I think the most important thing now is that we go somewhere, and help out where we can." ----- @rhin @pyereciae2788 oof sorry this took me a while ;;
(@Ciphers you and @retrace are out here blowing us all away with your RPing skills, I felt like it deserved some praise ^-^)
5JyVNSW.gif

0svvAKw.gif

Littlelark
[ Bribery ]

[okay to ping!]

Littlelark looks over the paper in Mewranda's paws, and thinks back over the week and how each major thing was found.

"Now that I think about it, no one's really found the treasures or entrance during normal clue hunting activities, it all seems strangely catjacent to it," Littlelark frowns. "I guess we'll either have enough clues by tonight to solve the riddle or we don't. Even if it isn't the best way to get points, there's really no harm in going Outside--it just might not help very much?" She flicks her tail as a shrug. "I still think we could help best with the Towers, Dungeons, or Main Castle teams, though. They could encounter a scenario they'll need our skills to help overcome, but we don't know the Outside unless we wanna see if curiosity is in a catty mood..."

She pauses, considering. "We really just don't know what'll happen anywhere we go until it happens, and there's no use trying to purrdict the future--none of us can!" Littlelark nods at Mewranda's note. "Just because the highlighted areas have a better chance to yield clues doesn't mean they'll always be that clue type, and even if we end up in a challenge that doesn't play to our strengths, we can still help some. I think the most important thing now is that we go somewhere, and help out where we can."

@rhin @pyereciae2788 oof sorry this took me a while ;;
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2809741][img]https://i.imgur.com/j4LHKX2.gif[/img][/url][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][emoji=cat 2 size=1][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][img]https://i.imgur.com/YflKta7.gif[/img][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][emoji=cat 2 size=1][color=#FFFFFF00]gaaap[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2809741][img]https://i.imgur.com/j4LHKX2.gif[/img][/url][/center] Miranda sits, confused over the note. [color=#707BEA]Shall we find out where everyone else is headed? Teaming up with others did help for clues and avoiding silver clues...[/color] The small cat spots a clipboard with papers and prods over to it. [color=#707BEA]Strange how I find random things in the main room like a pile of books and notes...[/color] she thinks to herself. [color=#707BEA]Hmmm... Looks like a list of who's going where.[/color] she thinks and grabs the clipboard. Dragging it by her teeth, she attempts to mew, [color=#707BEA]Moof ack whak I furned[/color], then drops it. [color=#707BEA]Maybe we could team up with a group of cats without the bribery skill? Common sense is good for avoiding silver clues at least, but it's the least of worries. We do have strength in numbers, though. Any ideas?[/color] she meows to her friends. [rule] [size=2]@Rhin @PlatinumDream[/size]
j4LHKX2.gifgaaapgaaapYflKta7.gifgaaapgaaapj4LHKX2.gif

Miranda sits, confused over the note. Shall we find out where everyone else is headed? Teaming up with others did help for clues and avoiding silver clues... The small cat spots a clipboard with papers and prods over to it. Strange how I find random things in the main room like a pile of books and notes... she thinks to herself. Hmmm... Looks like a list of who's going where. she thinks and grabs the clipboard. Dragging it by her teeth, she attempts to mew, Moof ack whak I furned, then drops it. Maybe we could team up with a group of cats without the bribery skill? Common sense is good for avoiding silver clues at least, but it's the least of worries. We do have strength in numbers, though. Any ideas? she meows to her friends.

@Rhin @PlatinumDream
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
[size=2]@Ciphers Reggie's is u///u meanwhile Knife is a dumba** who hasn't fully realized what catsquerade ending means exactly /squints at this furry dust mote[/size] ----- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/60lzYma.gif[/img] [/center] Knife jolted awake at the sudden purring. His head swiveled around before he saw not-a-cat and calmed down. He noticed with disapproval that the fabric remained unused, but not-a-cat's face wasn't that dirty so he supposed that was fine. He leaned on one of not-a-cat's legs and purred. (One of the not-cats at home did that to one of the big lizards and told him they used it to show they liked their big lizard, since the big lizards were too dumb to understand not-big lizard speak. It probably worked for not-a-cat too, right?) Now that they were awake, Knife thought they should probably go exploring. The big lizards would be going back home after a few more catnaps, and he thought this cat hunt would be ending soon too. Thinking of this cat hunt, he was pretty happy with it so far. He had started out trying to look for cats he knew, and ended up with a new friend instead! Not-a-cat could be troublesome to deal with, but she was big and fluffy and (usually) noticed Knife. He was proud of being very good at sneaking, but his friend cats and friend not-a-cats usually didn't notice him so he didn't get to play with others much. Some of the big lizards at home played with him, but they were big lizards, not big cats or big not-a-cats. Much happier and well rested now, he decided to not jump on his now-usual spot on not-a-cat's back and instead search as well. They didn't do anything yesterday, but he was pretty confident that they could find something today! He was small so he could sneak into holes and stuff, and not-a-cat was big so she could see stuff better. Bounding cheerfully ahead a few feet, he looked back at not-a-cat with his tail waving a little in the air until she stood and started walking too. [i]We're gonna find lots of stuff today![/i]
@Ciphers Reggie's is u///u meanwhile Knife is a dumba** who hasn't fully realized what catsquerade ending means exactly /squints at this furry dust mote

60lzYma.gif

Knife jolted awake at the sudden purring. His head swiveled around before he saw not-a-cat and calmed down.

He noticed with disapproval that the fabric remained unused, but not-a-cat's face wasn't that dirty so he supposed that was fine.

He leaned on one of not-a-cat's legs and purred. (One of the not-cats at home did that to one of the big lizards and told him they used it to show they liked their big lizard, since the big lizards were too dumb to understand not-big lizard speak. It probably worked for not-a-cat too, right?)

Now that they were awake, Knife thought they should probably go exploring. The big lizards would be going back home after a few more catnaps, and he thought this cat hunt would be ending soon too.

Thinking of this cat hunt, he was pretty happy with it so far. He had started out trying to look for cats he knew, and ended up with a new friend instead! Not-a-cat could be troublesome to deal with, but she was big and fluffy and (usually) noticed Knife. He was proud of being very good at sneaking, but his friend cats and friend not-a-cats usually didn't notice him so he didn't get to play with others much. Some of the big lizards at home played with him, but they were big lizards, not big cats or big not-a-cats.

Much happier and well rested now, he decided to not jump on his now-usual spot on not-a-cat's back and instead search as well. They didn't do anything yesterday, but he was pretty confident that they could find something today! He was small so he could sneak into holes and stuff, and not-a-cat was big so she could see stuff better.

Bounding cheerfully ahead a few feet, he looked back at not-a-cat with his tail waving a little in the air until she stood and started walking too. We're gonna find lots of stuff today!
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
[quote name="PlatinumDream" date="2020-01-31 15:12:04" ] [color=brown]Team 3[/color], the [color=brown]Perfectly Responsible Rule-Following Association[/color], were dead last in points. Normally, this would be a serious morale-killer for any sort of organized competition, but even as she watched, the group rallied around the great dynamic between [color=brown]Reggie and Knife[/color] for one last hoorah, smiling and laughing (as much as a cat can) as they did so.[/quote] i didn't even see this until Ciphers quoted it but thanks @PlatinumDream ! i feel like your group is more put together with fancier formatting and more serious rp-ing but thank you for the complement anyway! [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8b/ef/7a/8bef7aa0940c222f2bb007c1893bc0a2.jpg[/img]
PlatinumDream wrote on 2020-01-31 15:12:04:
Team 3, the Perfectly Responsible Rule-Following Association, were dead last in points. Normally, this would be a serious morale-killer for any sort of organized competition, but even as she watched, the group rallied around the great dynamic between Reggie and Knife for one last hoorah, smiling and laughing (as much as a cat can) as they did so.

i didn't even see this until Ciphers quoted it but thanks @PlatinumDream ! i feel like your group is more put together with fancier formatting and more serious rp-ing but thank you for the complement anyway!

8bef7aa0940c222f2bb007c1893bc0a2.jpg
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
[center] CALLA - THE LAW [img]https://i.imgur.com/2SisSMK.gif[/img] [size=2] Calla nods at Littlelark's statement. "I suppose that is true," she meows, before noticing that Miranda's acquired a list. "Oh, that could help!" She pads over to the clipboard, where she tries to discern the scrawling text that goes on and on and on and on and on and, well, it seemed like it would be a while before she figured out where the cats of THE LAW were. [/size] ----- [size=2] @pyereciae2788 @PlatinumDream (going to try to take a quick look at everything) [/size] [/center]
CALLA - THE LAW

2SisSMK.gif

Calla nods at Littlelark's statement. "I suppose that is true," she meows, before noticing that Miranda's acquired a list. "Oh, that could help!" She pads over to the clipboard, where she tries to discern the scrawling text that goes on and on and on and on and on and, well, it seemed like it would be a while before she figured out where the cats of THE LAW were.

@pyereciae2788 @PlatinumDream

(going to try to take a quick look at everything)

ice.png+++icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png+++icef1.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/5JyVNSW.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/0svvAKw.gif[/img] [size=4][color=#726E6D][b][emoji=owl size=1] Littlelark [emoji=cat 1 size=1][/color][/b] [color=#9f000f][b][ [emoji=gem] Bribery [emoji=money bag size=1] ][/color][/size] [b][okay to ping!][/b] [/center] "There are five going to the towers, five going to the dungeons, and four/five going to the main castle," meows Littlelark. "Hmm...what if we split up, one per group? Or...hmm...I feel like we might have some good luck in the [color=blue]Dungeons[/color]...but I'd really prefer to go to the [color=red]Main Castle[/color] to enjoy the social scene until the 'fest ends or the [color=purple]Towers[/color] so we can get all the k[i]nyo[/I]wledge we can." She glances at Calla. ----- @rhin @pyereciae2788 (oof tough decisions ;;)
5JyVNSW.gif

0svvAKw.gif

Littlelark
[ Bribery ]

[okay to ping!]

"There are five going to the towers, five going to the dungeons, and four/five going to the main castle," meows Littlelark. "Hmm...what if we split up, one per group? Or...hmm...I feel like we might have some good luck in the Dungeons...but I'd really prefer to go to the Main Castle to enjoy the social scene until the 'fest ends or the Towers so we can get all the knyowledge we can." She glances at Calla.

@rhin @pyereciae2788 (oof tough decisions ;;)
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38 39