Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GLA] Blanket Fort - Cats' Choice Awards
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73 74
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33029109][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/330292/33029109p.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Faust takes off his shades. He seems all right, for the most part. "D'you need some help?" he asks Chamomile. And then, because he's kind of a ditz, he tosses his head and huffs, "Ah, this is nothing; I've gotten all sorts of burns before, like these scars on my face! It was in a terrible struggle [size=1]with my lack of knowledge[/size]. A terrible struggle indeed." His slarg croaks merrily. Meanwhile, far off in the distance, one of Faust's clanmates rips open the letter containing the description of the gene he brewed. "'A brand-new'...Hoy, you copycat, this is just a Toxin gene!"[/columns]
33029109p.png Faust takes off his shades. He seems all right, for the most part. "D'you need some help?" he asks Chamomile. And then, because he's kind of a ditz, he tosses his head and huffs, "Ah, this is nothing; I've gotten all sorts of burns before, like these scars on my face! It was in a terrible struggle with my lack of knowledge. A terrible struggle indeed."

His slarg croaks merrily. Meanwhile, far off in the distance, one of Faust's clanmates rips open the letter containing the description of the gene he brewed. "'A brand-new'...Hoy, you copycat, this is just a Toxin gene!"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
No boom so yay!?
No boom so yay!?
TEcaaLO.gif hRuvKzn.gifhnOYGuB.gifrare_3.png3B9MgeA.gif
Wow... No minus points for Wednesday after hours. :)
Wow... No minus points for Wednesday after hours. :)
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
Oh, geez...Poor Khione... Losing 1 point per atribute (and not getting 20 points) from the explosion... At least she was one of the top ten for one creation (and did decently for the first four creations). And her ranking went up.

Gotta help Chamomile out...
Nevermind... Sleep is more important now...
Oh, geez...Poor Khione... Losing 1 point per atribute (and not getting 20 points) from the explosion... At least she was one of the top ten for one creation (and did decently for the first four creations). And her ranking went up.

Gotta help Chamomile out...
Nevermind... Sleep is more important now...
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
Phew! Thank goodness Moira's cauldron didn't explode... Still, between today's event and the dungeon, she could use a little rest from all that excitement. A nap sounds like a good idea...
Phew! Thank goodness Moira's cauldron didn't explode... Still, between today's event and the dungeon, she could use a little rest from all that excitement. A nap sounds like a good idea...
Na5WGHa.png
hahaha all of Hudson's creations fit him so well. 1) Blue Thing 2) Nature!! 3) Contrast :D which he already has in his wings so I guess that fits? 4) More Blue
hahaha all of Hudson's creations fit him so well. 1) Blue Thing 2) Nature!! 3) Contrast :D which he already has in his wings so I guess that fits? 4) More Blue
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
i was kinda looking for what familiar to give to Fortune next, so this actually worked out fantastically [size=1]also i hadn't realized Fortune was on a top ten the first time i read through the post[/size] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=83157&did=37545457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/375455/37545457.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83157&tab=dragon&did=6602136][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/66022/6602136.png[/img][/url] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=#655888]Fortune[/color][/size][/font] & [font=Tahoma][color=Crimson][size=4]Ciphers[/color][/font][/size][/center] “So… The dungeons,” Ciphers confirmed aloud after mentioning the idea to the cat that had announced the disappearance. “‘S what you said,” Fortune slowly nodded his head. “Wouldn’t be my first idea, but, you know, don’t really have much of a choice there.” [center]~*~[/center] Together the two-- along with the spider-cat(?), Ember-- trotted down into the dungeons. The mighty winding place held many secrets and treasures; horrific frozen beasts and jeering prisoners. But no cat. And at a split in the hall, the dragons were left by their arachno-feline guide. The only save from the oppressive dark being a single dim candle. After a few minutes of awkward silence as the two stood waiting, Ciphers jolted, ears perked. The Imperial began pulling at the fur tuft of her elbow as she peered around in the hall, and quietly mumbled something indistinctly to herself. Fortune squinted at his ill begotten dungeon-diving companion and went to ask ‘[i]what in the Shade was she doing?[/i]’ But before he made even a single sound, she reached back and batted his mouth shut. “[i]Shut up,[/i]” she hissed. “Don’t you hear that?” No. Fortune did not hear a thing. Though it was hard to ignore the glowing green hole that sprung into existence and the tentacled black cat that jumped through it. “Oh. That.” It was strange but also… familiar? Like from that vision that got shoved onto him. Perhaps that’s just what it was. Slowly, he crept towards the hole and poked his head through, Ciphers following suit just after. The dragons gazed around, stunned, at the peculiar portal’s world within. Abruptly, a pair of paws wrapped around the dragons’ shoulders and pulled them back. “Hey! Whaddaya think you’re do-...” Fortune petered off when he found himself faced with two winged cats that were larger than he was. They proclaimed the dangers of the Shade pockets and with (politely) stern instructions, shepherded the dragons out of the dungeons. [center]~*~[/center] Sitting near the stairs they first descended, Ciphers tapped her claws together and turned to look at Fortune, “Well. That… That was [i]something[/i]. More questions than answers though. Anyways, I think I should get going.” And with a teasing lit to her voice added, “Having fun trying to get out of 244th.” Up and away the Imperial went, leaving a spluttering Fortune in her wake. ----- The prospect of alchemy left Fortune a little concerned. Not that he hadn’t ever touched a cauldron in him life, no. It was just the risk of explosions. That he had much experience with. One little mix up and-- [i]Boom![/i]-- up everything went and now have fun being stuck with a glowing blue face for a week. But as he walked into the building where the challenge was held, he heaved a sigh of relief and praised every deity he could think of for what he saw sitting on every worktable; [i]Recipes![/i] [center]~*~[/center] Who knew that simple instructions could make all the difference? Fortune had done absolutely swimmingly for each of the beginning four rounds. First, he constructed a Marsh Frog; though, instead of deciding to perch on his shoulder as it was being judged, it croaked twice at him and hopped away. After, he made a bottle that billowed a shining, reflective smoke and as all the dragons looked up at it, the Mirror puffed out his chest and proclaimed the majesty of smoke and (M/m)irrors. The third round had him giving himself a temporary capsule-belly (It was surprisingly fetching). But it was the fourth round that he was especially proud of. Just as Fortune tossed in the last few ingredients and the judges began to make their rounds, a tiny Cosmo Gecko crawled its way out of the cauldron and sat on the lip. It blinked its large, glowing eyes up at the dragon before jumping and scuttling to settle atop his head. Looks like he made a new friend! As a result, Fortune managed to score fourth place for the round! [center]~*~[/center] It was the fifth round where things got… odd. A smudged, handwritten mystery recipe did not exactly make for a comfortable environment for alchemy. Nervous about the risk of explosion, Fortune scoured over the page for probably a few minutes longer than he needed to; most of the competitors had already started when he begun. Though it seemed to work in his favor. [i][b]Bang![/b][/i] Fortune jumped at the thundering sound of the explosion. He whipped his head around as he took in the scene. It looked like every time a mixture reached a rolling boil, it erupted! So what about his? He looked. It was beginning to gurgle… The Gecko squeaked at Fortune as he yanked the cauldron off the heatsource and flung himself under the table. No way was he going to get a facefull of scalding gunk this time! And only once the chaos quieted did he peer at his creation. [i]Wow. It actually worked.[/i] [center]~*~[/center] Against all odds, Fortune found himself at the 13th spot for the end of the challenge. As for the leaderboard, he’d hopped up 24 spots. By no means was him place impressive, but it was finally a step in the right direction. [i]“Ha!” He laughed as he looked over the listings. “Looks like Ciphers can’t tell me how well I can or can’t do!”[/i] ----- After everything was said and done, all the dragons had been shuffled of to the Medical Ward to be looked over and have any injuries treated. All Fortune had sustained was a tiny scald on one claw, so be buffeted away any dragon’s-- or cat’s-- attempts to help. The Gecko, however, relished in it all, happily chewing away at a flower Chamomile had given it. (Also, Fortune had noted, some of the medic dragons seemed familiar. Must have been from last year... ) But while a nap had been tempting, Fortune decided he had better things to do. Back at the warehouse. Not to go snooping around for what exactly happened, but to, per se, play a little ‘finders keepers’ with whatever anyone might have left in the chaos. And maybe to find that frog. He kinda wanted that frog back. that's probably gonna be a really bad idea but, hey, nothing like a little petty thievery ----- :thonk: why do i do this to myself why do i write so much? why can't i do this with my actual lore
i was kinda looking for what familiar to give to Fortune next, so this actually worked out fantastically

also i hadn't realized Fortune was on a top ten the first time i read through the post

37545457.png
6602136.png
Fortune & Ciphers

“So… The dungeons,” Ciphers confirmed aloud after mentioning the idea to the cat that had announced the disappearance.

“‘S what you said,” Fortune slowly nodded his head. “Wouldn’t be my first idea, but, you know, don’t really have much of a choice there.”
~*~

Together the two-- along with the spider-cat(?), Ember-- trotted down into the dungeons. The mighty winding place held many secrets and treasures; horrific frozen beasts and jeering prisoners. But no cat. And at a split in the hall, the dragons were left by their arachno-feline guide. The only save from the oppressive dark being a single dim candle.

After a few minutes of awkward silence as the two stood waiting, Ciphers jolted, ears perked. The Imperial began pulling at the fur tuft of her elbow as she peered around in the hall, and quietly mumbled something indistinctly to herself. Fortune squinted at his ill begotten dungeon-diving companion and went to ask ‘what in the Shade was she doing?’ But before he made even a single sound, she reached back and batted his mouth shut.

Shut up,” she hissed. “Don’t you hear that?”

No. Fortune did not hear a thing. Though it was hard to ignore the glowing green hole that sprung into existence and the tentacled black cat that jumped through it.

“Oh. That.”

It was strange but also… familiar? Like from that vision that got shoved onto him. Perhaps that’s just what it was. Slowly, he crept towards the hole and poked his head through, Ciphers following suit just after. The dragons gazed around, stunned, at the peculiar portal’s world within. Abruptly, a pair of paws wrapped around the dragons’ shoulders and pulled them back.

“Hey! Whaddaya think you’re do-...” Fortune petered off when he found himself faced with two winged cats that were larger than he was. They proclaimed the dangers of the Shade pockets and with (politely) stern instructions, shepherded the dragons out of the dungeons.
~*~

Sitting near the stairs they first descended, Ciphers tapped her claws together and turned to look at Fortune, “Well. That… That was something. More questions than answers though. Anyways, I think I should get going.” And with a teasing lit to her voice added, “Having fun trying to get out of 244th.”

Up and away the Imperial went, leaving a spluttering Fortune in her wake.

The prospect of alchemy left Fortune a little concerned. Not that he hadn’t ever touched a cauldron in him life, no. It was just the risk of explosions. That he had much experience with. One little mix up and-- Boom!-- up everything went and now have fun being stuck with a glowing blue face for a week. But as he walked into the building where the challenge was held, he heaved a sigh of relief and praised every deity he could think of for what he saw sitting on every worktable;

Recipes!
~*~

Who knew that simple instructions could make all the difference? Fortune had done absolutely swimmingly for each of the beginning four rounds. First, he constructed a Marsh Frog; though, instead of deciding to perch on his shoulder as it was being judged, it croaked twice at him and hopped away. After, he made a bottle that billowed a shining, reflective smoke and as all the dragons looked up at it, the Mirror puffed out his chest and proclaimed the majesty of smoke and (M/m)irrors. The third round had him giving himself a temporary capsule-belly (It was surprisingly fetching).

But it was the fourth round that he was especially proud of. Just as Fortune tossed in the last few ingredients and the judges began to make their rounds, a tiny Cosmo Gecko crawled its way out of the cauldron and sat on the lip. It blinked its large, glowing eyes up at the dragon before jumping and scuttling to settle atop his head. Looks like he made a new friend!

As a result, Fortune managed to score fourth place for the round!
~*~

It was the fifth round where things got… odd.

A smudged, handwritten mystery recipe did not exactly make for a comfortable environment for alchemy. Nervous about the risk of explosion, Fortune scoured over the page for probably a few minutes longer than he needed to; most of the competitors had already started when he begun. Though it seemed to work in his favor.

Bang!

Fortune jumped at the thundering sound of the explosion. He whipped his head around as he took in the scene. It looked like every time a mixture reached a rolling boil, it erupted! So what about his? He looked. It was beginning to gurgle…
The Gecko squeaked at Fortune as he yanked the cauldron off the heatsource and flung himself under the table. No way was he going to get a facefull of scalding gunk this time! And only once the chaos quieted did he peer at his creation. Wow. It actually worked.
~*~

Against all odds, Fortune found himself at the 13th spot for the end of the challenge. As for the leaderboard, he’d hopped up 24 spots. By no means was him place impressive, but it was finally a step in the right direction.

“Ha!” He laughed as he looked over the listings. “Looks like Ciphers can’t tell me how well I can or can’t do!”

After everything was said and done, all the dragons had been shuffled of to the Medical Ward to be looked over and have any injuries treated. All Fortune had sustained was a tiny scald on one claw, so be buffeted away any dragon’s-- or cat’s-- attempts to help. The Gecko, however, relished in it all, happily chewing away at a flower Chamomile had given it. (Also, Fortune had noted, some of the medic dragons seemed familiar. Must have been from last year... )

But while a nap had been tempting, Fortune decided he had better things to do. Back at the warehouse. Not to go snooping around for what exactly happened, but to, per se, play a little ‘finders keepers’ with whatever anyone might have left in the chaos. And maybe to find that frog.

He kinda wanted that frog back.

that's probably gonna be a really bad idea but, hey, nothing like a little petty thievery

:thonk:
why do i do this to myself
why do i write so much?
why can't i do this with my actual lore
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
Oof how did my boy get the absolute worst score in his best skill. Smh
Oof how did my boy get the absolute worst score in his best skill. Smh
Free G1s
Free G1s from my keeps collection
-Call dibs on my G1s-
[img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/e55e7cac-d217-47e7-857b-33692f24b5e9/dcyksnk-93f0287a-56a4-4498-b105-d190ec8ae083.png[/img] Canary sighs, wiping her face clean of the soot from the explosion. It was strangely reminiscence of all those times her children had ran in and knocked over her cauldron as she was brewing. [i]"Sigh... I guess even a sunflower gets down sometimes..."[/i]
dcyksnk-93f0287a-56a4-4498-b105-d190ec8ae083.png

Canary sighs, wiping her face clean of the soot from the explosion. It was strangely reminiscence of all those times her children had ran in and knocked over her cauldron as she was brewing.

"Sigh... I guess even a sunflower gets down sometimes..."
u5avu4X.png fWfedcf.png
Oh man

The bad luck continues... :c

Adrian: Bro! You got this! C'mon!

Alfred & Ivan: Don't give up so easily!

*random camera cue to Alexei somewhere in a corner trying to be strong, but can't take it and just breaks down and cries*
Oh man

The bad luck continues... :c

Adrian: Bro! You got this! C'mon!

Alfred & Ivan: Don't give up so easily!

*random camera cue to Alexei somewhere in a corner trying to be strong, but can't take it and just breaks down and cries*
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73 74