Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GLA] Blanket Fort - Cats' Choice Awards
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 73 74
I'm so proud of Moira for taking 1st place in the painting portion of the competition! ^_^ Though unfortunately she didn't do so well in the ice sculpture part... Still, I'm glad to have at least (sorta) won something! And there's always the later events - I'm sure she'll do better next time!
I'm so proud of Moira for taking 1st place in the painting portion of the competition! ^_^ Though unfortunately she didn't do so well in the ice sculpture part... Still, I'm glad to have at least (sorta) won something! And there's always the later events - I'm sure she'll do better next time!
Na5WGHa.png
The charm necklace probably wasn't worth that much, though Shadowfax had no clue where it had come from, but that didn't matter. She'd made the cats happy, and the pretty little trinket made her feel a bit better about the day's failure too, so it was easily worth the treasure.

The next day, Shadowfax knew from the outset that she wouldn't do well. She was no artist as the previous day had proved, her creativity was more directed towards solving issues with the animals, not for painting or sculpting. Given this, she decided to just have fun and stop worrying about how well she did. Actually, perhaps that would be a good ethos for the whole rest of the competition, just have fun and stop worrying about if she did well.

Shadowfax located a canvas near the one Vitomir was at, hoping to talk to the nice serthis-dragon again, but soon the painting absorbed her and, not being that talkative in the first place, she entirely forgot to talk at all. Well, she had been absorbed in her art that was, until Vitomir knocked over the can of Orange paint all over his hard work. She could see immediately how much that had upset him and it was no surprise, he'd worked hard and it had been going quite well. Unfortunately, she got no time to offer comfort or help, as the cat judges came around just then.

Since she hadn't got a chance to offer support to Vitomir duing the painting, Shadowfax grabbed a piece of ice near him and hoped to commiserate then. But he was shaking, and was clearly finding it quite hard enough to concentrate as it was. She watched, not knowing how she could possibly help, as it all went wrong for him, and it seemed to hit him so hard too.

When Vitomir left, though, Shadowfax knew she couldn't just leave him, he looked so dejected. She ran after him and, once caught up, walked alongside him. "Don't be too hard on yourself, you painting was amazing, the orange paint was just bad luck. And despite how stressed you were trying to do it, the cats still preferred your sculpture to mine." She laughed, hoping to ease the tension at least a little bit.
The charm necklace probably wasn't worth that much, though Shadowfax had no clue where it had come from, but that didn't matter. She'd made the cats happy, and the pretty little trinket made her feel a bit better about the day's failure too, so it was easily worth the treasure.

The next day, Shadowfax knew from the outset that she wouldn't do well. She was no artist as the previous day had proved, her creativity was more directed towards solving issues with the animals, not for painting or sculpting. Given this, she decided to just have fun and stop worrying about how well she did. Actually, perhaps that would be a good ethos for the whole rest of the competition, just have fun and stop worrying about if she did well.

Shadowfax located a canvas near the one Vitomir was at, hoping to talk to the nice serthis-dragon again, but soon the painting absorbed her and, not being that talkative in the first place, she entirely forgot to talk at all. Well, she had been absorbed in her art that was, until Vitomir knocked over the can of Orange paint all over his hard work. She could see immediately how much that had upset him and it was no surprise, he'd worked hard and it had been going quite well. Unfortunately, she got no time to offer comfort or help, as the cat judges came around just then.

Since she hadn't got a chance to offer support to Vitomir duing the painting, Shadowfax grabbed a piece of ice near him and hoped to commiserate then. But he was shaking, and was clearly finding it quite hard enough to concentrate as it was. She watched, not knowing how she could possibly help, as it all went wrong for him, and it seemed to hit him so hard too.

When Vitomir left, though, Shadowfax knew she couldn't just leave him, he looked so dejected. She ran after him and, once caught up, walked alongside him. "Don't be too hard on yourself, you painting was amazing, the orange paint was just bad luck. And despite how stressed you were trying to do it, the cats still preferred your sculpture to mine." She laughed, hoping to ease the tension at least a little bit.
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
he sighed when the tundra came running after him. To find himself being conforted by a dragon. This had to be on of his lowest of lows at this point. Even though shadowfax seemed to be really kind he couldnt think of dragons to be that kind he had only acted in good sportsmanship the day before.

"Don't take pitty on me stupid dragon. " He had let out a somewhat annoyed hiss at shadowfax. Though he obviously was really upset at the same time he didn't want to deal with dragons. Or anyone for that matter. Though in his emotional state his form had started to destablize more than it was already most clear change being his eyes to those of his dragon form though it would imidiatlly change back as he clutched his head briefly
he sighed when the tundra came running after him. To find himself being conforted by a dragon. This had to be on of his lowest of lows at this point. Even though shadowfax seemed to be really kind he couldnt think of dragons to be that kind he had only acted in good sportsmanship the day before.

"Don't take pitty on me stupid dragon. " He had let out a somewhat annoyed hiss at shadowfax. Though he obviously was really upset at the same time he didn't want to deal with dragons. Or anyone for that matter. Though in his emotional state his form had started to destablize more than it was already most clear change being his eyes to those of his dragon form though it would imidiatlly change back as he clutched his head briefly
My pronouns are he/him or drae/draer also please click these babs
https://www.deviantart.com/jules2800/gallery/ (art stuff
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31515368] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/315154/31515368p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]Canary was proud of herself! She knew she wasn't the most creative when it came to artistics, but she was glad nonetheless that the cats seemed to like her painting and sculpture just fine! [i]"I'm glad you think my artistry is satisfactory! I can't wait for potions and magics!"

31515368p.png
Canary was proud of herself! She knew she wasn't the most creative when it came to artistics, but she was glad nonetheless that the cats seemed to like her painting and sculpture just fine!
"I'm glad you think my artistry is satisfactory! I can't wait for potions and magics!"
u5avu4X.png fWfedcf.png
Shadowfax froze in shock for a moment, then padded along behind Vitomir. She didn't understand what she'd done wrong. Why had he acted like that? Some people didn't like being pitied but there was usually something wrong, some inner lack of confidence that they were trying to hide and Vitomir didn't seem like that kind of person.

Being behind him she missed the change in his eyes, but it was hard not to miss other things, like him clutching his head. Was he struggling not to change form? How did that even work anyway? She was very curious but, now was not the time. And maybe now wasn't the time to talk, either, she was too late and too soon. "Oh... Well if you'd rather I can give you some space... Sorry for offending you, you just seemed so dejected." She was probably making this worse. "Well, uh, I'm sure tomorrow will go better! I hope your rest tonight is peaceful." So saying she split away from him. Vitomir clearly needed space, and she needed to clear her head now. Perhaps an explore of the area would be good.

She quickly got herself lost. But she could see a tower rising above the other buildings, so she headed towards it. Up, up, up she went, hoping to get her bearings. She found herself in a room with a dark coloured cat and the possibility if some answers. The others had been talking of some kind of void door in the dungeons... She knew many dragons at home who would know about that, but none here did. Perhaps this cat would have answers for her?
Shadowfax froze in shock for a moment, then padded along behind Vitomir. She didn't understand what she'd done wrong. Why had he acted like that? Some people didn't like being pitied but there was usually something wrong, some inner lack of confidence that they were trying to hide and Vitomir didn't seem like that kind of person.

Being behind him she missed the change in his eyes, but it was hard not to miss other things, like him clutching his head. Was he struggling not to change form? How did that even work anyway? She was very curious but, now was not the time. And maybe now wasn't the time to talk, either, she was too late and too soon. "Oh... Well if you'd rather I can give you some space... Sorry for offending you, you just seemed so dejected." She was probably making this worse. "Well, uh, I'm sure tomorrow will go better! I hope your rest tonight is peaceful." So saying she split away from him. Vitomir clearly needed space, and she needed to clear her head now. Perhaps an explore of the area would be good.

She quickly got herself lost. But she could see a tower rising above the other buildings, so she headed towards it. Up, up, up she went, hoping to get her bearings. She found herself in a room with a dark coloured cat and the possibility if some answers. The others had been talking of some kind of void door in the dungeons... She knew many dragons at home who would know about that, but none here did. Perhaps this cat would have answers for her?
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
"Just leave me alone. " he muttered and then Vitomir would sigh slithering away. Maybe he shouldnt of said that maybe he should've kept his mouth shut. But it didn't matter to him. Shadowfax was a dragon. no matter how kind she seemed on the outside she was one of dieties creations who he hated. ...

Though when he got to his guest room he questioned something.... By the day he was becoming more and more like the thing he hated. His scale line inching just a bit closer up. Those dragon like tendancies occuring ever so more often. he was becoming more and more like vahid by the day and he couldnt deny that.

Now wasnt the time to think about that. he would let vahid take over now that he was away from shadowfax. Vahid would go out later that night and find himself into a tower with a cat named fortuen. He would read some books

(mini rps are fun
"Just leave me alone. " he muttered and then Vitomir would sigh slithering away. Maybe he shouldnt of said that maybe he should've kept his mouth shut. But it didn't matter to him. Shadowfax was a dragon. no matter how kind she seemed on the outside she was one of dieties creations who he hated. ...

Though when he got to his guest room he questioned something.... By the day he was becoming more and more like the thing he hated. His scale line inching just a bit closer up. Those dragon like tendancies occuring ever so more often. he was becoming more and more like vahid by the day and he couldnt deny that.

Now wasnt the time to think about that. he would let vahid take over now that he was away from shadowfax. Vahid would go out later that night and find himself into a tower with a cat named fortuen. He would read some books

(mini rps are fun
My pronouns are he/him or drae/draer also please click these babs
https://www.deviantart.com/jules2800/gallery/ (art stuff
wow rng does not like Fortune [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=83157&did=37545457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/375455/37545457.png[/img][/url] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=#655888]Fortune[/color][/size][/font][/center] The book really wasn’t as strange as he first thought it was, Fortune discovered as he leafed through the pages while leaving the cats’ stand. It was the same old area guide that was being hawked at the front gates of the festival grounds; the cover was simply just worn to nonrecognition. [i]Hopefully the kid hasn’t already gotten one.[/i] Speaking of, it took the Mirror nearly an hour of lurking through the throngs of dragons and lines of tents and stands to find the book’s young recipient. Fortune was anticipating to find to the Wildclaw with the usual merry band of cohorts, and dreading the questions that they would bring. Though to his pleasant surprise, it was only he and the large, scarred Imperial. The hulking dragon must have shown up recently as he hadn’t first arrived with the convoy from the Clan. But Oceanic, luckily, wasn’t the type to ask unnecessary questions about other people’s business-- so Fortune got to live unabashed other day! Things were finally looking up! Quickly, he sidled up to the Wildclaw and tapped the book against his shoulder. The kid’s face lit up in recognition and his maw opened, but before he could make a sound, Fortune shoved the book into his claws and skittered away. He smirked to himself as he trotted through the crowds, [i]Smooth.[/i] ----- Creating an entire completed painting, and a whole ice sculpture in just three hours for each seems like a herculean task, but it was what the cats decreed, so Fortune would… Well, he’d attempt it. It’d most likely turn out nowhere near a masterpiece, but it would get done. [center]~*~[/center] [i]He[/i] thought he did well enough on the painting part of the challenge, but the cats disagreed. [i]”There are no cats in this painting,”[/i] Bubbles had lamented, taking heavy marks off. Fortune turned up his nose at the remark, feeling just a little over criticized. Plenty of the other paintings lacked cats! Why did it matter that his didn’t?! [center]~*~[/center] Throwing his indignation into the sculpture, Fortune hacked the chunk of ice into an especially large sofa. And when the cats came to judge, he threw one paw out at it and proclaimed; “I call it: “Where I’d Rather be Right Now.’” Somehow it paid off and he got rather high marks, but it was not enough. Though it was the overall best that he had done yet, he still ranked rather low for the challenge and crawled a single mere space on the leaderboard. For shame! ----- To clear his head [s]and plot out his revenge[/s], Fortune meandered through the Fortress of Ends. There had to have been something to find, something to overhear, that could help him in any way. Tips, hints, blackmail, anything of the sort would work. Didn’t matter to him. Instead all he got was some story about weird void-doors found in the dungeons. And getting hopelessly lost. [url=https://i.redd.it/5j7eja29et721.png]“[i]Well, I’m in hella trouble now.[/i]”[/url] [center]~*~[/center] He stared down the winding staircase before him for a moment and decided to go up. And up. And up. And just as Fortune was contemplating turning back around, the staircase opened to a very purple room. Incense perfumed the air, pillows covered the floors, and trinkets and ancient-looking tomes lined the walls. It was all softly illuminated by-- [i]a window![/i] The Mirror quickly picked his way to it and looked outside to find a point of reference. Yes, he could figure a way back from that. [i]”Greeting, traveler.”[/i] Fortune spun on his heels to be faced with a rather… [i]familiar[/i] colored cat (And named, if all the tags on the knickknacks saying “To Fortune” that he spotted out of the corners of his eyes were to be trusted). He screwed up his face as he peered at the furry feline, barely registering their question to him. He definitely knew the colors of the cat. But with that [i]and[/i] the name? “This is really weird,” he finally spoke and slowly sank into the cushions. “But you probably don’t don’t know what I mean by that, right?” Fortune looked away from the cat. They had asked if he needed help, and if this one was anything like the others, they might know what was with that story he heard earlier. “Anyways, uh, you wouldn’t happen to anything about some kinda void stuff happening in the dungeons, would you?” if a dragon met a cat that would probably look like him if he were a cat and they had the same name but the cat didn't also have the personality of a slimy used car salesman, would that be messed up or what? ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=48487&did=36496484]"Patting Fortune can invoke realizations about anything from solutions to problems to purpose in life, and it is always good luck to offer a gift to Fortune at the end of your visit."[/url] ohohohohhooo a hint to a choice but gotta stay with the character
wow rng does not like Fortune

37545457.png

Fortune

The book really wasn’t as strange as he first thought it was, Fortune discovered as he leafed through the pages while leaving the cats’ stand. It was the same old area guide that was being hawked at the front gates of the festival grounds; the cover was simply just worn to nonrecognition. Hopefully the kid hasn’t already gotten one.

Speaking of, it took the Mirror nearly an hour of lurking through the throngs of dragons and lines of tents and stands to find the book’s young recipient. Fortune was anticipating to find to the Wildclaw with the usual merry band of cohorts, and dreading the questions that they would bring. Though to his pleasant surprise, it was only he and the large, scarred Imperial. The hulking dragon must have shown up recently as he hadn’t first arrived with the convoy from the Clan. But Oceanic, luckily, wasn’t the type to ask unnecessary questions about other people’s business-- so Fortune got to live unabashed other day! Things were finally looking up!

Quickly, he sidled up to the Wildclaw and tapped the book against his shoulder. The kid’s face lit up in recognition and his maw opened, but before he could make a sound, Fortune shoved the book into his claws and skittered away. He smirked to himself as he trotted through the crowds, Smooth.

Creating an entire completed painting, and a whole ice sculpture in just three hours for each seems like a herculean task, but it was what the cats decreed, so Fortune would… Well, he’d attempt it. It’d most likely turn out nowhere near a masterpiece, but it would get done.
~*~

He thought he did well enough on the painting part of the challenge, but the cats disagreed. ”There are no cats in this painting,” Bubbles had lamented, taking heavy marks off. Fortune turned up his nose at the remark, feeling just a little over criticized. Plenty of the other paintings lacked cats! Why did it matter that his didn’t?!
~*~

Throwing his indignation into the sculpture, Fortune hacked the chunk of ice into an especially large sofa. And when the cats came to judge, he threw one paw out at it and proclaimed; “I call it: “Where I’d Rather be Right Now.’” Somehow it paid off and he got rather high marks, but it was not enough. Though it was the overall best that he had done yet, he still ranked rather low for the challenge and crawled a single mere space on the leaderboard.

For shame!

To clear his head and plot out his revenge, Fortune meandered through the Fortress of Ends. There had to have been something to find, something to overhear, that could help him in any way. Tips, hints, blackmail, anything of the sort would work. Didn’t matter to him. Instead all he got was some story about weird void-doors found in the dungeons.

And getting hopelessly lost.

Well, I’m in hella trouble now.
~*~

He stared down the winding staircase before him for a moment and decided to go up.

And up.

And up.

And just as Fortune was contemplating turning back around, the staircase opened to a very purple room. Incense perfumed the air, pillows covered the floors, and trinkets and ancient-looking tomes lined the walls. It was all softly illuminated by-- a window! The Mirror quickly picked his way to it and looked outside to find a point of reference. Yes, he could figure a way back from that.

”Greeting, traveler.”

Fortune spun on his heels to be faced with a rather… familiar colored cat (And named, if all the tags on the knickknacks saying “To Fortune” that he spotted out of the corners of his eyes were to be trusted). He screwed up his face as he peered at the furry feline, barely registering their question to him. He definitely knew the colors of the cat. But with that and the name?

“This is really weird,” he finally spoke and slowly sank into the cushions. “But you probably don’t don’t know what I mean by that, right?”

Fortune looked away from the cat. They had asked if he needed help, and if this one was anything like the others, they might know what was with that story he heard earlier. “Anyways, uh, you wouldn’t happen to anything about some kinda void stuff happening in the dungeons, would you?”

if a dragon met a cat that would probably look like him if he were a cat and they had the same name but the cat didn't also have the personality of a slimy used car salesman, would that be messed up or what?

"Patting Fortune can invoke realizations about anything from solutions to problems to purpose in life, and it is always good luck to offer a gift to Fortune at the end of your visit."

ohohohohhooo a hint to a choice
but gotta stay with the character

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
Alfred & Ivan: Of course he'd paint a picture of us!

Ivan: Who knew Alyosha was so talented?!

Alfred: Aww, Vanya, look, he got your nose just right

Adrian: Daaaad! Pa, what the (bleep) how could you forget meeeeee

-- from Alexei's family
Alfred & Ivan: Of course he'd paint a picture of us!

Ivan: Who knew Alyosha was so talented?!

Alfred: Aww, Vanya, look, he got your nose just right

Adrian: Daaaad! Pa, what the (bleep) how could you forget meeeeee

-- from Alexei's family
Yay! Khione's in the second third for art! And her overall rank is 200! Hopes she still has a chance to be top 20 in one of the remaining events... <3
Yay! Khione's in the second third for art! And her overall rank is 200! Hopes she still has a chance to be top 20 in one of the remaining events... <3
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
(Awww! I really like the mental image of someone as big and scary-looking as Faust churning out cute stuff. X33) [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33029109][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/330292/33029109p.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Faust's ears flatten slightly. He mumbles in a much quieter voice, "I know; I hate to say this, being an artisan and all, but [size=2][i]art is not my strong point[/i][/size]." Still, he is proud of his work, and the Nocturne reminds him of a few clanmates. He thinks he might also know some dragons who'll appreciate the ice sculpture. He lugs his creations off, looking for yet another place to store them, and wonders about those doors in the basement....[/columns]
(Awww! I really like the mental image of someone as big and scary-looking as Faust churning out cute stuff. X33)

33029109p.png Faust's ears flatten slightly. He mumbles in a much quieter voice, "I know; I hate to say this, being an artisan and all, but art is not my strong point."

Still, he is proud of his work, and the Nocturne reminds him of a few clanmates. He thinks he might also know some dragons who'll appreciate the ice sculpture. He lugs his creations off, looking for yet another place to store them, and wonders about those doors in the basement....
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 73 74