Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GLA] Blanket Fort - Cats' Choice Awards
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 73 74
But if i used a sturdier wood, then there's no useful solution to being able to make improvements! build it too well and nobody wants you to rip it down once you realize you could have added more nap tunnels!
But if i used a sturdier wood, then there's no useful solution to being able to make improvements! build it too well and nobody wants you to rip it down once you realize you could have added more nap tunnels!
snow_scarf.gifdeepsea_sword.pngice_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw58p.gifdeepsea_scarf.pngnight_ribbon.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=3808863&skin=25608&apparel=25525,25348,25347,25351,25352,25349,19449,25350,19450,19447,22168,22170,22166,21046,21045,21047,16491&xt=dressing.png[/img] Shadowfax followed the cats up, up, uuuup a spiral staircase and on to the roof. It was just as good a view as she'd hoped, and she stopped to simply look around as the cats played. The eclipse was clear in the sky, and Shadowfax hoped that Jean was enjoying it back home. At one point she looked down, and saw a sparkling blue ribbon. It smelt like magic, how strange. Might as well pocket it just in case. The next day, Shadowfax went in to face the challenge with spirits renewed. Sure, yesterday had been a complete disaster, but surely today wouldn't be as bad? Right? Those hopes were quickly dashed the moment maths was mentioned, along with something called 'protractors'. She was no good at that, she was sure to fail this. She stayed despite the seeming hopelessness, though. It was announced that what they'd all be building was a playground for the cats, and Shadowfax regained a bit of hope. She may not be good at maths, and had no idea how a protractor worked, but she had ample experience with making play areas for animals so surely she'd be okay? So when the bell rang, she got to work with gusto. Cats liked comfort. They liked little tunnels too. She could do this, she knew what cats liked. Things to climb on, a little scratching post... The... Serthis? Beside her spoke as she laid out her materials and began nailing a board to a pole. She'd thought this event was dragons only but, then again, there was a frog competing, Serthis were probably closer to dragons than frogs were. He was saying something about how his wife usually built things, not him? "I care for the animals back at my clan, so I often build stuff. But, that stuff is usually fences or rough shelters... I get others to do complicated construction for me, so I suppose we're sort of in the same boat?" She turned back to her creation,having nailed the board to the pole she turned it upside-down such that it made a base and a central pillar, which was a bit crooked but it didn't matter surely. She cut some smaller poles to a good sort of length and then cut angles on the ends so she could nail them to the central pole nicely, then cut the ends so that there was a flat top to each, which she nailed more boards on for platforms. She roughly enclosed one, then put tunnels between it and two other platforms... It occurred to her that maybe it was too dark in there even for cats. She should add some light and, hey, everyone said she had comforting eyes, why not try to make the light look like her eyes? Then it'd be comforting, right? So she got some lights, and while she was at it she got a little speaker to make play comforting noises. She attached them both, built some more things, and then set about adding carpet. Finally, since this was the crystalline gala, she added the symbol of ice to the central pillar. It was just as she was finishing doing this that the Serthis came back over and began talking again. He smelt familiar, and as she looked, Shadowfax realised that he had a number of oddly draconic features for a Serthis. She frowned, as he talked about her performance in the athletics yesterday, but then a comment jogged her memory. "Oh, yes, I thought you smelt familiar! You're the strange pearlcatcher-snapper from yesterday. Nice to meet you, Vitomir. I'm Shadowfax." When the cats told her the lights were scary and the sound was a scream, Shadowfax found herself quite sad. That was the complete opposite of what she'd intended! Ultimately, hers was judged as one of the worst ones and, saddened that she'd done so terribly at making something for animals, she didn't even bother hanging around for all the announcements. Pretty much anyone else from her clan could have done better, why had they sent her??? She almost walked right on past a little shop, but stopped when she realised it was run by cats. It smelled kind of suspicious, but she wasn't going to deny them, so she listened and then perused their wares. She didn't like books that much, so she passed it by. She didn't have use of a notebook either, so passed that by as well. The knife was entirely too sharp and she considered buying it just to take it out of their hands, but she wanted nothing to do with such a dangerous item either. The charm necklace, though... It was pretty, and nothing seemed wrong with it. And so, she brought it. She considered trying to pet one of the cats, but came to the conclusion that she wasn't certain it would be alright, so she didn't.
dragon?did=3808863&skin=25608&apparel=25525,25348,25347,25351,25352,25349,19449,25350,19450,19447,22168,22170,22166,21046,21045,21047,16491&xt=dressing.png
Shadowfax followed the cats up, up, uuuup a spiral staircase and on to the roof. It was just as good a view as she'd hoped, and she stopped to simply look around as the cats played. The eclipse was clear in the sky, and Shadowfax hoped that Jean was enjoying it back home. At one point she looked down, and saw a sparkling blue ribbon. It smelt like magic, how strange. Might as well pocket it just in case.

The next day, Shadowfax went in to face the challenge with spirits renewed. Sure, yesterday had been a complete disaster, but surely today wouldn't be as bad? Right? Those hopes were quickly dashed the moment maths was mentioned, along with something called 'protractors'. She was no good at that, she was sure to fail this. She stayed despite the seeming hopelessness, though.

It was announced that what they'd all be building was a playground for the cats, and Shadowfax regained a bit of hope. She may not be good at maths, and had no idea how a protractor worked, but she had ample experience with making play areas for animals so surely she'd be okay? So when the bell rang, she got to work with gusto.

Cats liked comfort. They liked little tunnels too. She could do this, she knew what cats liked. Things to climb on, a little scratching post...

The... Serthis? Beside her spoke as she laid out her materials and began nailing a board to a pole. She'd thought this event was dragons only but, then again, there was a frog competing, Serthis were probably closer to dragons than frogs were. He was saying something about how his wife usually built things, not him? "I care for the animals back at my clan, so I often build stuff. But, that stuff is usually fences or rough shelters... I get others to do complicated construction for me, so I suppose we're sort of in the same boat?"

She turned back to her creation,having nailed the board to the pole she turned it upside-down such that it made a base and a central pillar, which was a bit crooked but it didn't matter surely. She cut some smaller poles to a good sort of length and then cut angles on the ends so she could nail them to the central pole nicely, then cut the ends so that there was a flat top to each, which she nailed more boards on for platforms. She roughly enclosed one, then put tunnels between it and two other platforms...

It occurred to her that maybe it was too dark in there even for cats. She should add some light and, hey, everyone said she had comforting eyes, why not try to make the light look like her eyes? Then it'd be comforting, right? So she got some lights, and while she was at it she got a little speaker to make play comforting noises. She attached them both, built some more things, and then set about adding carpet. Finally, since this was the crystalline gala, she added the symbol of ice to the central pillar. It was just as she was finishing doing this that the Serthis came back over and began talking again. He smelt familiar, and as she looked, Shadowfax realised that he had a number of oddly draconic features for a Serthis. She frowned, as he talked about her performance in the athletics yesterday, but then a comment jogged her memory. "Oh, yes, I thought you smelt familiar! You're the strange pearlcatcher-snapper from yesterday. Nice to meet you, Vitomir. I'm Shadowfax."

When the cats told her the lights were scary and the sound was a scream, Shadowfax found herself quite sad. That was the complete opposite of what she'd intended! Ultimately, hers was judged as one of the worst ones and, saddened that she'd done so terribly at making something for animals, she didn't even bother hanging around for all the announcements. Pretty much anyone else from her clan could have done better, why had they sent her???

She almost walked right on past a little shop, but stopped when she realised it was run by cats. It smelled kind of suspicious, but she wasn't going to deny them, so she listened and then perused their wares. She didn't like books that much, so she passed it by. She didn't have use of a notebook either, so passed that by as well. The knife was entirely too sharp and she considered buying it just to take it out of their hands, but she wanted nothing to do with such a dangerous item either. The charm necklace, though... It was pretty, and nothing seemed wrong with it. And so, she brought it. She considered trying to pet one of the cats, but came to the conclusion that she wasn't certain it would be alright, so she didn't.
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
At least Khione made it in the middle third (?) for creativity and managed to be out of the bottom/last 20% overall. She's improving. Hopefully she will win something. <3

I must've given her too much charm and not enough athletics... Everything is ok, but little magic will impact her in the magic events...
At least Khione made it in the middle third (?) for creativity and managed to be out of the bottom/last 20% overall. She's improving. Hopefully she will win something. <3

I must've given her too much charm and not enough athletics... Everything is ok, but little magic will impact her in the magic events...
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
i love This So Much
i love This So Much
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38349412] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383495/38349412_350.png[/img] [/url] Moira looked at the two feline entrepreneurs. "Aww...What cute kitties you are," she gushed. Moira knew they were most likely scamming her, but she couldn't be mad. They were just so [i]cute[/i]! She was tempted to pet Sage, but then a pretty charm necklace caught her eye. "How about I buy this? To support your business?" she asked. She wasn't too strong in the magic department, so she couldn't tell if it had any enchantments or not, but even if it was just a plain necklace made with cheap materials, she would have bought it anyways. After all, how many dragons can say their jewelry was made by cats?

38349412_350.png

Moira looked at the two feline entrepreneurs.

"Aww...What cute kitties you are," she gushed. Moira knew they were most likely scamming her, but she couldn't be mad. They were just so cute! She was tempted to pet Sage, but then a pretty charm necklace caught her eye.

"How about I buy this? To support your business?" she asked. She wasn't too strong in the magic department, so she couldn't tell if it had any enchantments or not, but even if it was just a plain necklace made with cheap materials, she would have bought it anyways. After all, how many dragons can say their jewelry was made by cats?
Na5WGHa.png
[quote]Hopscotch says: 'Your platforms are a bit small.' Tulip says: 'I think you should have made your tower a little more colorful. It's quite dull.' Spaghetti says: 'Your tree is very balanced. It doesn't have even the slightest wobble to it. I do want to say, though, that the little clouds and stars you painted on the tree are cute.'[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35904963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/359050/35904963p.png[/img] [/url]LOL - it's funny that Tulip thought my tower was dull but Spaghetti liked the clouds and stars. I think next time I'll do dragonflies and unicorns and rainbows!!!
Quote:
Hopscotch says: 'Your platforms are a bit small.' Tulip says: 'I think you should have made your tower a little more colorful. It's quite dull.' Spaghetti says: 'Your tree is very balanced. It doesn't have even the slightest wobble to it. I do want to say, though, that the little clouds and stars you painted on the tree are cute.'

35904963p.png
LOL - it's funny that Tulip thought my tower was dull but Spaghetti liked the clouds and stars. I think next time I'll do dragonflies and unicorns and rainbows!!!
mM2VM9X.png
OH MY STARS I can't with the amount of detail in this game! O.O
Please tell me you had some sort of script or something to help you put these commentaries together?!? Wow.

Also, Fosco would totally stick a real tree to his cat tree, ahahaha. He would also make sure it wasn't harmed in the process and properly replanted in the middle of the cat-tree-castle XD
OH MY STARS I can't with the amount of detail in this game! O.O
Please tell me you had some sort of script or something to help you put these commentaries together?!? Wow.

Also, Fosco would totally stick a real tree to his cat tree, ahahaha. He would also make sure it wasn't harmed in the process and properly replanted in the middle of the cat-tree-castle XD
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
Youngjae would totally feel that way about the view, he loves seeing amazing sights. That ribbon... O: Yessss. Magic get~

Ah, Youngjae is so glad he scored pretty high! Although he was aiming to win, he is not sad about his placement. This just means he will make his tree better next time. More sturdier? Better tents? Hmmmm...

Excited for more!! Go Go~!
Youngjae would totally feel that way about the view, he loves seeing amazing sights. That ribbon... O: Yessss. Magic get~

Ah, Youngjae is so glad he scored pretty high! Although he was aiming to win, he is not sad about his placement. This just means he will make his tree better next time. More sturdier? Better tents? Hmmmm...

Excited for more!! Go Go~!
GUshLJU.png C9QebPQ.png
> zhi
> he/him
> FR+2
< tigers
NZww9T6.png mKmq4Ie.png ho76H7I.png
@felistopaz Yup! I spent two months coding all the forms and everything into a spreadsheet to automatically format and assign comments to everything :D

Today's event was a big table of 140 sentences that were grabbed based on scores.
@felistopaz Yup! I spent two months coding all the forms and everything into a spreadsheet to automatically format and assign comments to everything :D

Today's event was a big table of 140 sentences that were grabbed based on scores.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon

That's a relief ^-^'' Though still, wow. You put a hell of a lot of work into this, it's amazing!
@squidragon

That's a relief ^-^'' Though still, wow. You put a hell of a lot of work into this, it's amazing!
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 73 74