Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Killers in the Clan (waitlist open!)
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 444 445
Raiden didnt sleep this night. He was out trying to catch the killer, whoever was killing all these innocent dragons will end up on the point of his spear. He had waited all night in the bushes behind some of the houses to maybe try and kill the killer. But in the end, he didn't find anyone.

When the sun finally started to rise, he decided to head out and see where everyone was, hoping that no one else had been killed or harmed in the night. Unfortunately, a body was found in the rubble that one was a cave. The emperor had died.

Raiden looked at the body before walking away from it and sitting down on the ground. He looked down at the grond, with his spear before him. Raiden missed his friends, he didn't know when he would be able to see them again. If he was even still alive before they caught the killer.

Raiden really wanted to go back home to his friends. But he couldn't he had to stay until they caught the killer. He knew that if the killer decided to target him that they would end up on the tip of his spear. His spear was the only thing he could trust, for all he knew, anything could be a trap.

Raiden votes for Waffle
Raiden didnt sleep this night. He was out trying to catch the killer, whoever was killing all these innocent dragons will end up on the point of his spear. He had waited all night in the bushes behind some of the houses to maybe try and kill the killer. But in the end, he didn't find anyone.

When the sun finally started to rise, he decided to head out and see where everyone was, hoping that no one else had been killed or harmed in the night. Unfortunately, a body was found in the rubble that one was a cave. The emperor had died.

Raiden looked at the body before walking away from it and sitting down on the ground. He looked down at the grond, with his spear before him. Raiden missed his friends, he didn't know when he would be able to see them again. If he was even still alive before they caught the killer.

Raiden really wanted to go back home to his friends. But he couldn't he had to stay until they caught the killer. He knew that if the killer decided to target him that they would end up on the tip of his spear. His spear was the only thing he could trust, for all he knew, anything could be a trap.

Raiden votes for Waffle
akueye3.png
A loud bang echoed in her dreams, waking Melody up in a very shaky state. Gasping for air, she made her way to her door, still covered in her blanket. She opened the door and sat down, shivering. She still had time, before she had to find Angus to talk about her worries. She still had time to cover in fear, to be confused, to go back to her mama's nest for cuddles. Ah, only if she was with her...

''Clayscale.'' she tried to calm her breathing down. Oh Deities, what was she supposed to do... Covering her tiny frame with her wings, Melody stood up, still holding onto the blanket. Quietly shutting the door, she made her way to her nest, letting the blanket fall down. She looked at all the costumes she had. Detective, Nurse, PSM... No. She wouldn't be wearing any costumes today. Today, she'd be just Melody. But before the sun raised up above... She'd still have time for some detective work.

So, she put on her hat, not even touching her pipe, and made her way to her wall of suspects. Would anyone even believe her? She didn't know, but she had to try. She raised the red chalk, and circled Clayscale's name, before putting an ''X'' on Yes, Maybe & No's and adding a white arrow that led to outside to Starclaim's name, not that it mattered anymore. She took off her hat, gently clutching it on her chest, before putting it back on her nest.

Pulling a drawer open, she took out a couple of very green Coatl feathers. Her dad had scales, and they were cold, but her mom had very soft feathers - she was always warm, even though she lived in Icelands - lately she had lost a lot of feathers, Melinoe had said in a letter, but mom insisted that she was okay, and Melody trusted that. Stabilizing the feathers with her bow, she glanced at her window.

Would she believe someone if they told her one of her sisters had committed murder? No, not really. Bayley would cry if she had to hurt anyone. Visia was too tiny to hurt anything. Melinoe was... Too in contact with the dead to make someone join them. She only hoped that Angus would believe her about his sister.

The sun rose, and Melody braced herself for the day to come. ''Maybe I should go visit her after all this...'' Stepping out of her door, she opened her wings, flying her way to Angus's den. At first, she knocked on the door, gently, but soon, her knocks got faster and faster, until the door opened. ''Angus, we need to talk. I-I heard a loud bang and - I think it's from the mines.'' No, she knew it came from the mines, but she didn't want to look more crazy than she already did. ''Please... We should go, and see.''
A loud bang echoed in her dreams, waking Melody up in a very shaky state. Gasping for air, she made her way to her door, still covered in her blanket. She opened the door and sat down, shivering. She still had time, before she had to find Angus to talk about her worries. She still had time to cover in fear, to be confused, to go back to her mama's nest for cuddles. Ah, only if she was with her...

''Clayscale.'' she tried to calm her breathing down. Oh Deities, what was she supposed to do... Covering her tiny frame with her wings, Melody stood up, still holding onto the blanket. Quietly shutting the door, she made her way to her nest, letting the blanket fall down. She looked at all the costumes she had. Detective, Nurse, PSM... No. She wouldn't be wearing any costumes today. Today, she'd be just Melody. But before the sun raised up above... She'd still have time for some detective work.

So, she put on her hat, not even touching her pipe, and made her way to her wall of suspects. Would anyone even believe her? She didn't know, but she had to try. She raised the red chalk, and circled Clayscale's name, before putting an ''X'' on Yes, Maybe & No's and adding a white arrow that led to outside to Starclaim's name, not that it mattered anymore. She took off her hat, gently clutching it on her chest, before putting it back on her nest.

Pulling a drawer open, she took out a couple of very green Coatl feathers. Her dad had scales, and they were cold, but her mom had very soft feathers - she was always warm, even though she lived in Icelands - lately she had lost a lot of feathers, Melinoe had said in a letter, but mom insisted that she was okay, and Melody trusted that. Stabilizing the feathers with her bow, she glanced at her window.

Would she believe someone if they told her one of her sisters had committed murder? No, not really. Bayley would cry if she had to hurt anyone. Visia was too tiny to hurt anything. Melinoe was... Too in contact with the dead to make someone join them. She only hoped that Angus would believe her about his sister.

The sun rose, and Melody braced herself for the day to come. ''Maybe I should go visit her after all this...'' Stepping out of her door, she opened her wings, flying her way to Angus's den. At first, she knocked on the door, gently, but soon, her knocks got faster and faster, until the door opened. ''Angus, we need to talk. I-I heard a loud bang and - I think it's from the mines.'' No, she knew it came from the mines, but she didn't want to look more crazy than she already did. ''Please... We should go, and see.''
Visit:
Light Dom Shop
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
er0mmVQ.png I am looking for:
Dragons/Breeding Pairs
Art of my ocs (frc only)
er0mmVQ.png I support:
#Unnamedisvalid
LDFA (Light only)
Nest Network
Colton glanced up at her miniature window as she rubbed her wrist. She watched mindlessly as the sun slowly pulled itself into sight, bringing the promise of another day. Another day living. Colton hadn't been outside for a while, not since before Nolan's incident. Speaking of the devil, she glanced over watched as the burning ashes on the mantle slowly rose, finally forming the silhouette of the lynx. He didn't look the same, his embers still red-hot gave him an orange glow over the usual agh grey.

Colton rolled her eyes and set down her hammer, quickly walking through the door. She wasn't going to deal with him making a fool out of her today. So she decided to get some sun in her feathers and go for a walk. Smelling the fresh air, the Coatl could detect a familiar scent. Smoke? From the mines again?

She hurried over to the mine entrance, putting her goggles on in case there was too much smoke to see. However, she could only see wisps of remaining smoke, with the entire entrance caved in. It wasn't fire this time... the rocks weren't scorched by moving flames. Colton backed up, looking around to make sure no one saw her. An explosion and a fire within the span of a few days would surely leave suspicion on her.
No, not her.
That cat.

Colton quickly left, opting instead to clean up the deserted dens. Would they rebuild the clan, or would everyone go their separate ways? Perhaps, she might not even be alive for it.
She hated not knowing.
Colton votes for Melody(also Nolan)
Colton glanced up at her miniature window as she rubbed her wrist. She watched mindlessly as the sun slowly pulled itself into sight, bringing the promise of another day. Another day living. Colton hadn't been outside for a while, not since before Nolan's incident. Speaking of the devil, she glanced over watched as the burning ashes on the mantle slowly rose, finally forming the silhouette of the lynx. He didn't look the same, his embers still red-hot gave him an orange glow over the usual agh grey.

Colton rolled her eyes and set down her hammer, quickly walking through the door. She wasn't going to deal with him making a fool out of her today. So she decided to get some sun in her feathers and go for a walk. Smelling the fresh air, the Coatl could detect a familiar scent. Smoke? From the mines again?

She hurried over to the mine entrance, putting her goggles on in case there was too much smoke to see. However, she could only see wisps of remaining smoke, with the entire entrance caved in. It wasn't fire this time... the rocks weren't scorched by moving flames. Colton backed up, looking around to make sure no one saw her. An explosion and a fire within the span of a few days would surely leave suspicion on her.
No, not her.
That cat.

Colton quickly left, opting instead to clean up the deserted dens. Would they rebuild the clan, or would everyone go their separate ways? Perhaps, she might not even be alive for it.
She hated not knowing.
Colton votes for Melody(also Nolan)
vCpXIIE.png
~> Greyh0und
~> Fr +3
~> Feel free to ping/PM!
~> Resident Idiot
6ilpu14.png
finals week, i'll try to write but i don't know if i'll have time ;w;
Angus votes for Waffle
finals week, i'll try to write but i don't know if i'll have time ;w;
Angus votes for Waffle
KreseKaleiSign.png
As Arian hears another knock at his door, he opens it, seeing a packet of cookies and what appeared to be waffles signature. His fur was singed, as well as a little duller then before from smoke due to a potion exploding on him, a result of his cauldron drooling into it. He sighed, reaching over to pick it up as the cauldron quickly bolted forward and snatched them, before just as quickly dashing off. he let out a growl "You dam abomination get back over here! At least share!" He yelled. This wasn't the most pleasant day. His cauldron was starting to act more and more rebellious, disobeying his orders. He would have to find a way to train that monster..
Arian votes clayscale
As Arian hears another knock at his door, he opens it, seeing a packet of cookies and what appeared to be waffles signature. His fur was singed, as well as a little duller then before from smoke due to a potion exploding on him, a result of his cauldron drooling into it. He sighed, reaching over to pick it up as the cauldron quickly bolted forward and snatched them, before just as quickly dashing off. he let out a growl "You dam abomination get back over here! At least share!" He yelled. This wasn't the most pleasant day. His cauldron was starting to act more and more rebellious, disobeying his orders. He would have to find a way to train that monster..
Arian votes clayscale
7NebxtL.jpg
With Angus following behind, Melody made her way to the mines - or rather, the ruins of it. ''How could she do that...'' she thought to herself, carefully making her way to where the entrance was. She had never been in the mines before, but holding onto the memory from her dream, she walked confidently on the wreckage. ''There.'' she spoke, turning her back to look at Angus. ''She's right there.'' she put an ''X'' on where the body was, just like she did on her suspect-board. From that, it'd be Angus's desicion to either leave her there, or to dig her up to give her a proper burial.

Only then, she noticed the Demon that was just sitting there. How foolish they were to think that the demon was the culprit. No, that'd be too obvious. The killer was sneaky, very sneaky. She didn't know how they got away with it for quite a long time. Maybe it was the friendly face, maybe it was the benefit of having your brother as the leader...

With that, a new wave of hopelessness washed over her. He would never believe her over his own sister. ''Angus.'' she gulped, hoping that he wouldn't hurt her after she made her accusation. ''Angus- it's her.'' she was scared, shaking like a leaf - of Angus's reaction, and Clayscale's capabilities. ''It's Clayscale. I-I have it figured out- Deities, they have shown me. She is the murderer, Angus.''

As his face begun to look more and more disturbed, Melody got an idea. Of course he would never believe her. But if... But if it was the whole clan telling him that... She turned her back to Angus, making eye contact with Raiden. ''Raiden! It's Clayscale! The murderer, the one behind all this, is Clayscale!'' It hurt to say that, expecially out loud - as she loved Clayscale, before finding out about her true motives - but she had to. She had to spread the word, so they could stop the deaths in the clan.

She needed to find others. Someone, someone in the clan, would believe her right? But who? Who was even left in the clan?
Colton. Arian. Waffle. Raiden. Angus. And of course, Clayscale.

Angus would never see her sister as the killer. Raiden, she had already talked to. Clayscale, she'd rather avoid.
So, Colton was the first one getting a visit.

''Colton!'' She yelled as she flew above the clan, trying to see where the Coatl was. ''Colton!'' She noticed the engineer leaving one of the now-empty dens. Diving down to land in front of her, she could barely keep her tears in her eyes. ''It's her, Colton, it's Clayscale - she's- she's been tricking all of us! It's her, she is the one behind all this.'' As the Coatl tried to keep her from flying, trying to get a better understanding of what she said, Melody took a step back, shaking her head. ''We don't have time, but I'm begging you. Cast your vote towards Clayscale. It's her.''

Next up, was Arian. With tears now falling from her eyes, Melody flew to his den, way less gracefully than how she usually flies. She remembered the last time she planned to knock on his den. ''If you open this door it means that you're not the killer.'' It may have been silly, but now she knew she was right. ''Arian!'' she knocked on the door, only to find Arian outside, playing catch with his cauldron. Any other day, she'd want to join in. Any other day, she'd have a smile on her face, running after the disobedient cauldron.

But no. Not today. ''Arian!'' she ran to the Tundra as he stopped in his tracks, fixing the feathers in her bow, wiping her tears away to look as professional as possible. ''I- You know I've been a detective, since the first murder.'' she waited for the tundra to confirm. After a nod, she continued. ''I've found out- I've seen, that the murderer I am after is... Clayscale.'' He too, had a suprised expression on his face. ''Please- you have to believe me- I know it's her, please I-I need to go talk to Waffle.'' she was getting more and more hopeless with each dragon she visited. She felt like as if she was failing her clan.

''I only wish I'd realized sooner... I could've saved everyone from a lot of pain''

Making her way to Waffle's den, she was hoping she would get some sympathy. She hoped Waffle would understand, she hoped Waffle would listen, she hoped Waffle would care. That's when it hit her, Sunka probably felt the same way. When all of this first started, she was angry at him. He was neglecting his duties as the leader, letting a murderer run around free, not even coming up with something that'd make the clan a safer place. But now, she understood him. Flying around, talking to everyone, telling everyone about her discovery was tiring - even when she was sure of it - it must've been harder for him to do anything, really.

She landed in Waffle's doorstep, knocking on her door. ''Please Waffle.'' she sobbed out. ''Please open the door.''

With Angus following behind, Melody made her way to the mines - or rather, the ruins of it. ''How could she do that...'' she thought to herself, carefully making her way to where the entrance was. She had never been in the mines before, but holding onto the memory from her dream, she walked confidently on the wreckage. ''There.'' she spoke, turning her back to look at Angus. ''She's right there.'' she put an ''X'' on where the body was, just like she did on her suspect-board. From that, it'd be Angus's desicion to either leave her there, or to dig her up to give her a proper burial.

Only then, she noticed the Demon that was just sitting there. How foolish they were to think that the demon was the culprit. No, that'd be too obvious. The killer was sneaky, very sneaky. She didn't know how they got away with it for quite a long time. Maybe it was the friendly face, maybe it was the benefit of having your brother as the leader...

With that, a new wave of hopelessness washed over her. He would never believe her over his own sister. ''Angus.'' she gulped, hoping that he wouldn't hurt her after she made her accusation. ''Angus- it's her.'' she was scared, shaking like a leaf - of Angus's reaction, and Clayscale's capabilities. ''It's Clayscale. I-I have it figured out- Deities, they have shown me. She is the murderer, Angus.''

As his face begun to look more and more disturbed, Melody got an idea. Of course he would never believe her. But if... But if it was the whole clan telling him that... She turned her back to Angus, making eye contact with Raiden. ''Raiden! It's Clayscale! The murderer, the one behind all this, is Clayscale!'' It hurt to say that, expecially out loud - as she loved Clayscale, before finding out about her true motives - but she had to. She had to spread the word, so they could stop the deaths in the clan.

She needed to find others. Someone, someone in the clan, would believe her right? But who? Who was even left in the clan?
Colton. Arian. Waffle. Raiden. Angus. And of course, Clayscale.

Angus would never see her sister as the killer. Raiden, she had already talked to. Clayscale, she'd rather avoid.
So, Colton was the first one getting a visit.

''Colton!'' She yelled as she flew above the clan, trying to see where the Coatl was. ''Colton!'' She noticed the engineer leaving one of the now-empty dens. Diving down to land in front of her, she could barely keep her tears in her eyes. ''It's her, Colton, it's Clayscale - she's- she's been tricking all of us! It's her, she is the one behind all this.'' As the Coatl tried to keep her from flying, trying to get a better understanding of what she said, Melody took a step back, shaking her head. ''We don't have time, but I'm begging you. Cast your vote towards Clayscale. It's her.''

Next up, was Arian. With tears now falling from her eyes, Melody flew to his den, way less gracefully than how she usually flies. She remembered the last time she planned to knock on his den. ''If you open this door it means that you're not the killer.'' It may have been silly, but now she knew she was right. ''Arian!'' she knocked on the door, only to find Arian outside, playing catch with his cauldron. Any other day, she'd want to join in. Any other day, she'd have a smile on her face, running after the disobedient cauldron.

But no. Not today. ''Arian!'' she ran to the Tundra as he stopped in his tracks, fixing the feathers in her bow, wiping her tears away to look as professional as possible. ''I- You know I've been a detective, since the first murder.'' she waited for the tundra to confirm. After a nod, she continued. ''I've found out- I've seen, that the murderer I am after is... Clayscale.'' He too, had a suprised expression on his face. ''Please- you have to believe me- I know it's her, please I-I need to go talk to Waffle.'' she was getting more and more hopeless with each dragon she visited. She felt like as if she was failing her clan.

''I only wish I'd realized sooner... I could've saved everyone from a lot of pain''

Making her way to Waffle's den, she was hoping she would get some sympathy. She hoped Waffle would understand, she hoped Waffle would listen, she hoped Waffle would care. That's when it hit her, Sunka probably felt the same way. When all of this first started, she was angry at him. He was neglecting his duties as the leader, letting a murderer run around free, not even coming up with something that'd make the clan a safer place. But now, she understood him. Flying around, talking to everyone, telling everyone about her discovery was tiring - even when she was sure of it - it must've been harder for him to do anything, really.

She landed in Waffle's doorstep, knocking on her door. ''Please Waffle.'' she sobbed out. ''Please open the door.''

Visit:
Light Dom Shop
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
Dragons/Breeding Pairs
Art of my ocs (frc only)
er0mmVQ.png I support:
#Unnamedisvalid
LDFA (Light only)
Nest Network
Waffle had been lying in bed when the knock came about. Whoever could it be, where they finally taking her away? Will they finally allow her to be reunited with her sweetheart? No, no... She supposed that would have been lucky. Other than complaints about her baking, she had no ideas what this could be for. Groggily standing up, she shook out the leaves and feathers from her fur and dragged herself to the door, practicing her smile the closer she got.

“Coming!” She chirped, opening the door. “How can I h- Oh by all the deities, Melody, what in the world of Sornieth has happened?”

Seeing Melody’s scrunched, tearful face made her forget everything else as her motherly instincts flared. Immediately, she brought Melody in for a hug, letting her cry.

“Shhh, dearie, it’s alright.” She let go and led her inside where it was much warmer, closing the door swiftly with her back foot. “What’s the matter? You can tell Waffle everything. Give me a short while.”

Waffle scavenged the den to make it as comfortable as possible for Melody. She found a huge pillow (one of Sunka’s, a little chewed but workable) for her to sit on, a fuzzy blanket left over from one of her kids to wear and hide into, and lastly and as always there were some leftover eclairs in a jar, that she poured out into a blue, marbled glass bowl next to them.

Holding Melody’s paws comfortingly in her own, she looked over at her concerned. “Here, if there’s anything else you need, hugs, food, more fuzzy warm things just tell me. I’m listening.”
Waffle had been lying in bed when the knock came about. Whoever could it be, where they finally taking her away? Will they finally allow her to be reunited with her sweetheart? No, no... She supposed that would have been lucky. Other than complaints about her baking, she had no ideas what this could be for. Groggily standing up, she shook out the leaves and feathers from her fur and dragged herself to the door, practicing her smile the closer she got.

“Coming!” She chirped, opening the door. “How can I h- Oh by all the deities, Melody, what in the world of Sornieth has happened?”

Seeing Melody’s scrunched, tearful face made her forget everything else as her motherly instincts flared. Immediately, she brought Melody in for a hug, letting her cry.

“Shhh, dearie, it’s alright.” She let go and led her inside where it was much warmer, closing the door swiftly with her back foot. “What’s the matter? You can tell Waffle everything. Give me a short while.”

Waffle scavenged the den to make it as comfortable as possible for Melody. She found a huge pillow (one of Sunka’s, a little chewed but workable) for her to sit on, a fuzzy blanket left over from one of her kids to wear and hide into, and lastly and as always there were some leftover eclairs in a jar, that she poured out into a blue, marbled glass bowl next to them.

Holding Melody’s paws comfortingly in her own, she looked over at her concerned. “Here, if there’s anything else you need, hugs, food, more fuzzy warm things just tell me. I’m listening.”
62f3af8f9c30ad46fdb41be086b0831afd120d29.png I live in a fae-rytale.
As Waffle's bright, yellow fur surrounded her, she immediately fely comforted. Yes, this was exactly why Sunka was neglecting his duties. ''I- I saw a bad dream...'' she muttered into her fur. ''I want my mom.''

With Waffle's assistance, she made her way onto the pillow, covering herself messily with the blanket, even covering her eyes as if she didn't want to see anymore. ''I want this to end, Waffle.'' she whispered out, holding onto her paws. ''It's Clayscale. She's the one, the one we're after. It's her Waffle- I know, please, please believe me.'' she begun shaking under the blanket, tightening her grip on Waffle's paws. ''I don't want to sleep-don't want to dream anymore. ''

''Please Waffle, please believe me.''
As Waffle's bright, yellow fur surrounded her, she immediately fely comforted. Yes, this was exactly why Sunka was neglecting his duties. ''I- I saw a bad dream...'' she muttered into her fur. ''I want my mom.''

With Waffle's assistance, she made her way onto the pillow, covering herself messily with the blanket, even covering her eyes as if she didn't want to see anymore. ''I want this to end, Waffle.'' she whispered out, holding onto her paws. ''It's Clayscale. She's the one, the one we're after. It's her Waffle- I know, please, please believe me.'' she begun shaking under the blanket, tightening her grip on Waffle's paws. ''I don't want to sleep-don't want to dream anymore. ''

''Please Waffle, please believe me.''
Visit:
Light Dom Shop
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
Dragons/Breeding Pairs
Art of my ocs (frc only)
er0mmVQ.png I support:
#Unnamedisvalid
LDFA (Light only)
Nest Network
“Oh Melody.” Waffle let go of one of Melody’s paws to massage her back, like you would for a scared child. “Of course, why wouldn’t I believe you?”

Truth be told, Waffle stopped thinking about who it was at this point. She didn’t want to point fingers, and was going to try abstain from voting if she could, calling in sick. For now, the priority was Melody. A nightmare? And she mumbled earlier that she wanted her mom...

“Shhh, oh you poor thing. If I could get you out of here, I would. Unfortunately, we’re both stuck here... But we’re going to be just fine, okay Melody? We’re going to stay strong, get through this together. It was just a dream, you’re awake now, and you can stay here for as long as you like. I’m not mom, but... I’m going to try my best, alright? No nightmare is going to bother you anymore, and nothing will happen to you, I’ll protect you. These paws are fluffy but I’ve kneaded enough dough in my life to pack a punch if needed.”

Waffle needed to calm her down. So she began to sing. It’s been a while since she had tiny hatchlings to sing to, and it surprised her that her voice was just as soft and gentle as she remembered, so she hoped it would help ease Melody’s shaking. A melody just for Melody.

Hush now, my dearie.
Dry your tears and sleep.
Stars are twinkling bright,
Dancing in the night...

Waffle embraced Melody as she sang, rocking her back and forth until the lullaby was over.

________

Waffle changes her vote from Arian to Clayscale
“Oh Melody.” Waffle let go of one of Melody’s paws to massage her back, like you would for a scared child. “Of course, why wouldn’t I believe you?”

Truth be told, Waffle stopped thinking about who it was at this point. She didn’t want to point fingers, and was going to try abstain from voting if she could, calling in sick. For now, the priority was Melody. A nightmare? And she mumbled earlier that she wanted her mom...

“Shhh, oh you poor thing. If I could get you out of here, I would. Unfortunately, we’re both stuck here... But we’re going to be just fine, okay Melody? We’re going to stay strong, get through this together. It was just a dream, you’re awake now, and you can stay here for as long as you like. I’m not mom, but... I’m going to try my best, alright? No nightmare is going to bother you anymore, and nothing will happen to you, I’ll protect you. These paws are fluffy but I’ve kneaded enough dough in my life to pack a punch if needed.”

Waffle needed to calm her down. So she began to sing. It’s been a while since she had tiny hatchlings to sing to, and it surprised her that her voice was just as soft and gentle as she remembered, so she hoped it would help ease Melody’s shaking. A melody just for Melody.

Hush now, my dearie.
Dry your tears and sleep.
Stars are twinkling bright,
Dancing in the night...

Waffle embraced Melody as she sang, rocking her back and forth until the lullaby was over.

________

Waffle changes her vote from Arian to Clayscale
62f3af8f9c30ad46fdb41be086b0831afd120d29.png I live in a fae-rytale.
Clayscale had almost forgotten what the sun on her wings could feel like.
Though it may have been driven by frustration, going outside to sunbathe the day before had reminded her of just how tense and anxious staying trapped in her den could make her feel. Tense and anxious were not feelings she needed to be encouraging if she wanted to make a clear, level-headed judgement.

There's got to be some new way to fit the evidence together, some piece I didn't realise I was leaving out. Perhaps, it's not that the pieces aren't all here. That much, I feel, is true.
It's just that... we're trying to fit the pieces into a shape we chose and leaving clues out to fit the picture we want to present!

She pushed herself to her feet, excited by her own conclusion and the new possibilities it presented, but paused.

But what does that even mean for us? It's all well and good to say that without throwing away the pictures we want to make... What if it's Angus? What if it's Waffle??

Clayscale collapsed to the ground, chin on her paws, back legs splayed out to one side. She had taken her leg braces off, and the fresh air against those scales that were usually covered was a strange feeling. Adding to that, the warmth was making her drowsy.

I need to get out more than once a month, for shadows' sake.
Clayscale had almost forgotten what the sun on her wings could feel like.
Though it may have been driven by frustration, going outside to sunbathe the day before had reminded her of just how tense and anxious staying trapped in her den could make her feel. Tense and anxious were not feelings she needed to be encouraging if she wanted to make a clear, level-headed judgement.

There's got to be some new way to fit the evidence together, some piece I didn't realise I was leaving out. Perhaps, it's not that the pieces aren't all here. That much, I feel, is true.
It's just that... we're trying to fit the pieces into a shape we chose and leaving clues out to fit the picture we want to present!

She pushed herself to her feet, excited by her own conclusion and the new possibilities it presented, but paused.

But what does that even mean for us? It's all well and good to say that without throwing away the pictures we want to make... What if it's Angus? What if it's Waffle??

Clayscale collapsed to the ground, chin on her paws, back legs splayed out to one side. She had taken her leg braces off, and the fresh air against those scales that were usually covered was a strange feeling. Adding to that, the warmth was making her drowsy.

I need to get out more than once a month, for shadows' sake.
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 444 445