Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Redwoods: A CYOA Thread
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 53 54
@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth @LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix @AngelOfMetal @Kataracts @Glaishy @SkylaTheWolfie

Choices:

1) Ignore him.
2) Ask what’s so funny
3) Ask what’s so funny
4) Ignore him
5) Ask why he's making that face
6) Ask what’s so funny
7) Ask what’s so funny
8) Ask what’s so funny
9) Ignore him

Roll says… 5: Ask he's making that face.

“What’re you making that face for?” you murmur to him.

He leans a little your way and jerks his head to motion at someone across the room, whispering, “She’s talking about unity and fellowship and she’s got a salamander here.”

You follow his line of sight. Sure enough, there’s a rather large salamander, a type you haven’t seen before, sitting and watching Brine speak with interest.

You look at the animal next to you. “And that’s funny because…?”

He opens his mouth to speak, but Brine’s voice overpowers whatever he’s about to say.

“I know some of you are skeptical,” she says. “After all, we are small, they are huge. We do not have sharp teeth or claws like them. One on one, we stand no chance. But-“ is she smirking a little? “-the beauty of this forest is that it provides balance for us. The rota do not have skills like we do. They are not banded together. They are single-minded and only concerned with themselves. Most of them don’t even properly speak.”

A few more animals lean in, eyes wide with realization or surprise.

“If we can unite ourselves, we stand more than a fair chance of driving out or destroying our enemies, and living a life of prosperity and peace.” Brine raises her front paws and grabs the air, closing them into fists. “Never again praying every second we’re outside to live another day. We will have the luxury to die of old age. Can you imagine?”

This definitely has captured the audience. Several excited mutters follow this question.

“I don’t expect you to decide this instant to join us,” Brine says, lowering herself onto all fours again. “You are all welcome to stay the night and think things over. I’ll be available to talk if you have questions or concerns. With that…”

She presses her paw into the soil she’s standing on, and it slowly lowers again. “This speech is concluded.”

She waits until the ground is back to normal to step away from it, and is immediately swarmed. The room buzzes with questions and excited theorizing.

The animal you spoke with snorts again and leaves his spot. You watch him tap one of the walls of roots. It parts and he disappears through it.

“Well!”

You look back and see Thera approaching you. Her eyes are shiny and she’s practically prancing up to you.

“I never get tired of hearing about our future,” she says. “How did you like it? Are you interested?”

Well, maybe.
No, I don’t think so.
Sure, sounds interesting.
I need to think about it.
@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth @LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix @AngelOfMetal @Kataracts @Glaishy @SkylaTheWolfie

Choices:

1) Ignore him.
2) Ask what’s so funny
3) Ask what’s so funny
4) Ignore him
5) Ask why he's making that face
6) Ask what’s so funny
7) Ask what’s so funny
8) Ask what’s so funny
9) Ignore him

Roll says… 5: Ask he's making that face.

“What’re you making that face for?” you murmur to him.

He leans a little your way and jerks his head to motion at someone across the room, whispering, “She’s talking about unity and fellowship and she’s got a salamander here.”

You follow his line of sight. Sure enough, there’s a rather large salamander, a type you haven’t seen before, sitting and watching Brine speak with interest.

You look at the animal next to you. “And that’s funny because…?”

He opens his mouth to speak, but Brine’s voice overpowers whatever he’s about to say.

“I know some of you are skeptical,” she says. “After all, we are small, they are huge. We do not have sharp teeth or claws like them. One on one, we stand no chance. But-“ is she smirking a little? “-the beauty of this forest is that it provides balance for us. The rota do not have skills like we do. They are not banded together. They are single-minded and only concerned with themselves. Most of them don’t even properly speak.”

A few more animals lean in, eyes wide with realization or surprise.

“If we can unite ourselves, we stand more than a fair chance of driving out or destroying our enemies, and living a life of prosperity and peace.” Brine raises her front paws and grabs the air, closing them into fists. “Never again praying every second we’re outside to live another day. We will have the luxury to die of old age. Can you imagine?”

This definitely has captured the audience. Several excited mutters follow this question.

“I don’t expect you to decide this instant to join us,” Brine says, lowering herself onto all fours again. “You are all welcome to stay the night and think things over. I’ll be available to talk if you have questions or concerns. With that…”

She presses her paw into the soil she’s standing on, and it slowly lowers again. “This speech is concluded.”

She waits until the ground is back to normal to step away from it, and is immediately swarmed. The room buzzes with questions and excited theorizing.

The animal you spoke with snorts again and leaves his spot. You watch him tap one of the walls of roots. It parts and he disappears through it.

“Well!”

You look back and see Thera approaching you. Her eyes are shiny and she’s practically prancing up to you.

“I never get tired of hearing about our future,” she says. “How did you like it? Are you interested?”

Well, maybe.
No, I don’t think so.
Seeker
Well, maybe.
Well, maybe.
1148_200px_comettail76_by_miirshroom-dbencqu.png
I need to think about it
I need to think about it
[URL=
No, I don't think so. I would also add. I'm not sure if I trust Brine.
No, I don't think so. I would also add. I'm not sure if I trust Brine.
4xd1oW3.png
Well, maybe.
Well, maybe.
Gek4MgE.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngXVdLiaL.png

Choices:

1) Maybe
2) Think about it
3) Sure
4) Think about it
5) Think about it
6) Think about it
7) No
8) Maybe

Roll says… 2: Think about it.

“I’ll need to sleep on it a little,” you say after a moment of thought. “I’m not sure what I want to do. I did just get here.”

“Of course.” Thera waves a paw. You can’t tell whether she’s doing so dismissively or in agreement. “I’ll find you a nest real quick. Come with me.”

“Wait.” You look at where the animal you were sitting with went. “What species was that that I was next to?”

“Shrew,” Thera says, and that is definitely spoken dismissively. You don’t get a chance to ask her what the tone was for because she’s walking pretty fast and you have to weave around the crowd to catch up to her.

You enter another tunnel through one of the root-doors. It’s only a short walk before Thera makes a turn and directs you into a rather spacey room. There’s a nest of moss and dried grass inside, just large enough for you to sit on.

“This’ll have to do for tonight,” Thera says, almost apologetic. “We don’t really have a whole lot of bird rooms, and we’re not close enough to the surface to make some out of the trees.”

“I’ve sat in worse,” you say, inspecting the nest. It looks a little scratchy, but after such a long day you don’t think you’ll have any problems sleeping.

“I’ll check on you in the morning.” Thera turns to leave, then stops and looks at you. “Do you have a plan for tomorrow?”

Not yet.
I’ll come up with one.
I’ll improvise.
What do you think I should do?

Choices:

1) Maybe
2) Think about it
3) Sure
4) Think about it
5) Think about it
6) Think about it
7) No
8) Maybe

Roll says… 2: Think about it.

“I’ll need to sleep on it a little,” you say after a moment of thought. “I’m not sure what I want to do. I did just get here.”

“Of course.” Thera waves a paw. You can’t tell whether she’s doing so dismissively or in agreement. “I’ll find you a nest real quick. Come with me.”

“Wait.” You look at where the animal you were sitting with went. “What species was that that I was next to?”

“Shrew,” Thera says, and that is definitely spoken dismissively. You don’t get a chance to ask her what the tone was for because she’s walking pretty fast and you have to weave around the crowd to catch up to her.

You enter another tunnel through one of the root-doors. It’s only a short walk before Thera makes a turn and directs you into a rather spacey room. There’s a nest of moss and dried grass inside, just large enough for you to sit on.

“This’ll have to do for tonight,” Thera says, almost apologetic. “We don’t really have a whole lot of bird rooms, and we’re not close enough to the surface to make some out of the trees.”

“I’ve sat in worse,” you say, inspecting the nest. It looks a little scratchy, but after such a long day you don’t think you’ll have any problems sleeping.

“I’ll check on you in the morning.” Thera turns to leave, then stops and looks at you. “Do you have a plan for tomorrow?”

Not yet.
I’ll come up with one.
I’ll improvise.
What do you think I should do?
Seeker
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 53 54