Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Harvestman Comes [Game End]
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 40 41
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163712/16371166p.png[/img][/center] Cherry trailed after Ceri towards the vendors' stalls. Another hour...another horrifying harvest. She found herself frequently checking over her shoulder. Carefully, she made her way to [b]investigate the stall advertising fortune tellings.[/b]
16371166p.png

Cherry trailed after Ceri towards the vendors' stalls. Another hour...another horrifying harvest. She found herself frequently checking over her shoulder. Carefully, she made her way to investigate the stall advertising fortune tellings.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
The nocturne huffed, "I definitely heard 'Imperial' and 'murder'. What are you hiding, Ragweed?" She pushed, almost creepily. Her flighty Nocturne side was gone, her imperial former side dominating in this situation.
The nocturne huffed, "I definitely heard 'Imperial' and 'murder'. What are you hiding, Ragweed?" She pushed, almost creepily. Her flighty Nocturne side was gone, her imperial former side dominating in this situation.
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163712/16371166p.png[/img][/center] "There's a message here..." Cherry muttered, looking in the stall. "[b]Right on time, I suspect. But I know I will be rather late-- Try to have patience, Dearie.[/b]" So many of the clues seemed to be loving messages, or at least, freely used terms of endearment. [b]She continued to poke around the stalls, moving next to the 'MUST READS' stall. [/b] Trashy romance novels were usually more her style, but she supposed that in the case of mortal peril, she could make an exception and search through some old books.
16371166p.png

"There's a message here..." Cherry muttered, looking in the stall. "Right on time, I suspect. But I know I will be rather late-- Try to have patience, Dearie." So many of the clues seemed to be loving messages, or at least, freely used terms of endearment.

She continued to poke around the stalls, moving next to the 'MUST READS' stall. Trashy romance novels were usually more her style, but she supposed that in the case of mortal peril, she could make an exception and search through some old books.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/574/57335p.png[/img] As cherry checked out the bookstall, Ceri went to the [b]toil and trouble utensils[/b], and once she'd seen all there was to see there, she checked the other stall called [b]the little widdler.[/b] [/center]
57335p.png As cherry checked out the bookstall, Ceri went to the toil and trouble utensils, and once she'd seen all there was to see there, she checked the other stall called the little widdler.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
@ophician @TheElfDruid [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 5]The Apple Grove[/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/244763/24476280p.png[/img] [color= 2F4F4F]The Fae looks around again-- Their red eyes scanning the shadows and the wheat. [color= 800000][b]"I've said too much already. I can't risk everything on some random, sodding victims. Not like this--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]A Deathseeker swoops low, its feathers skimming the tips of the wheat as its third eye swivels and glows. Ragweed flinches and moves further back into The Apple Grove. The Cleaver shakes in their grip. [color= 800000][b]"No-- no,"[/b][color= 2F4F4F] they mutter, [color= 800000][b]"I have hunting to do-- I have too much to do, I can't keep sodding wasting time on future sacr-- dead dragons."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]They push off the ground, landing in one of the higher branches of an Apple Tree. Their face under their hood is furrowed and scarred and it turns from the Nocturne to the Coatl and back again. [color= 800000][b]"Don't trust anyone. Don't follow the Locals into the sodding wheat. If they catch you alone this far in the night they might..."[/b][color= 2F4F4F] the Fae shakes their head, [color= 800000][b]"If they start singing to you just-- Run. Just run. At least the Harvestman will kill you with some dignity but the Locals..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]They spread their wings but pause, muttering, [color= 800000][b]"And don't let anything out of the basement..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Before they leap into the night sky and dive into the towering stalks of wheat.[/color][/center]
@ophician @TheElfDruid
The Apple Grove

24476280p.png

The Fae looks around again-- Their red eyes scanning the shadows and the wheat.

"I've said too much already. I can't risk everything on some random, sodding victims. Not like this--"

A Deathseeker swoops low, its feathers skimming the tips of the wheat as its third eye swivels and glows. Ragweed flinches and moves further back into The Apple Grove. The Cleaver shakes in their grip.

"No-- no," they mutter, "I have hunting to do-- I have too much to do, I can't keep sodding wasting time on future sacr-- dead dragons."

They push off the ground, landing in one of the higher branches of an Apple Tree. Their face under their hood is furrowed and scarred and it turns from the Nocturne to the Coatl and back again.

"Don't trust anyone. Don't follow the Locals into the sodding wheat. If they catch you alone this far in the night they might..." the Fae shakes their head, "If they start singing to you just-- Run. Just run. At least the Harvestman will kill you with some dignity but the Locals..."

They spread their wings but pause, muttering,

"And don't let anything out of the basement..."

Before they leap into the night sky and dive into the towering stalks of wheat.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163712/16371166p.png[/img][/center] "Hm. I can't get in, but [b]there's a book wedged under here[/b]. Maybe if I'm careful..." Cherry [b]tried to slide the book from where it was wedged[/b]. "I wonder if we're better off sticking together or all spreading out." She mused to Ceri. "I mean...the more of us that're together, we can all watch each others' backs...but everything considered...I not sure if that's a good thing or not." Certainly, she felt safer now than she did when the whole group was clumped together in the tower. At least around the stalls, there were plenty of potential hiding places. "I do wish we had done something with that vial before we all split off, though."
16371166p.png

"Hm. I can't get in, but there's a book wedged under here. Maybe if I'm careful..." Cherry tried to slide the book from where it was wedged.

"I wonder if we're better off sticking together or all spreading out." She mused to Ceri. "I mean...the more of us that're together, we can all watch each others' backs...but everything considered...I not sure if that's a good thing or not." Certainly, she felt safer now than she did when the whole group was clumped together in the tower. At least around the stalls, there were plenty of potential hiding places.

"I do wish we had done something with that vial before we all split off, though."
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
@KawaiiFlyer @mason107 @PearlSoulWorld @Eskiwen @SheepyPeanut @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @BerryBagel @TheElfDruid @Elthemar @Cognitive @ophician @Lummox @o0cosmiclatte0o [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311897/31189655_350.png[/img][/center] [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 6]My Time Among the Wheat[/size] [b]"I don't understand..."[/b] Galena wanders through the wheat, her eyes glued to the furrows and rivets in the earth. She can still hear the worried whispers of the remaining dragons rushing towards her-- How they had sounded so far away with the shriek of The Harvestman still ringing in her ears. But where had everyone gone? Away from the tower? Into Canker? The way through the wheat seems to twist and switch back on itself and the Wildclaw is reminded of her first encounter with The Harvestman. [b]"Whatever happens-- however this ends... This should keep me safe from.. My end...?"[/b] she mutters, smiling a little at the repetition in it, [b]"What do they even mean by that?"[/b] She holds her item to her chest, nervously, and then glances down at it. How odd that something so innocuous could hold such power over that... Spirit? What kind of creature-- kind of being-- could Move like The Harvestman had. It seemed so... fluid... changeable. She ponders this-- hopelessly lost in the wheat-- and does not hear the wheat giving way behind her. [i]"You outsiders have a different way of saying it."[/i] Galena turns around with a gasp, but the other Wildclaw does not slow down as he closes the gap between himself and her. [i]"It's dizrespectful considering you'll never spend a day depending on the earth'z we do..." [/i]the bones hung from his wings look pearly in the moonlight, [i]"You Reap What You Sew, you seyz. That's not true either... Seeds change when you put 'em in the earth. Not like a bod--"[/i] [b]"What...?"[/b] Galena manages, trying to back away from him, [b]"What do you want?"[/b] Harvest looks at her through his mask, his eyes full of fiery pride-- his breath warm on Galena's face, [i]"I want what Canker wants, Outie. For you to accept the ends you've made and sodding die."[/i] His claws are around her throat and he wrestles her back into the thickest parts of the wheat. Galena manages a tiny, strangled, [b]"No--!"[/b] But then the tops of the wheat are thrashing and dancing above her as she writhes in the earth as the air leaves her-- as the light leaves her-- as the shapes of the world around her blur in tight, crushing pain and she closes her eyes for the final time. ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311462/31146138_350.png[/img] The Nocturne mutters to herself as the snippy, mysterious Fae vanishes into the wheat. She had been so certain that she had finally found someone in this stupid, creepy place that would help her-- That could save her. But now... Now the group was divided and Dina--? The flighty Coatl? Silver feels her stomach turn-- To her no one seems to know what they are doing besides groping around blindly in the dark for clues. And she-- She only know how to mimic the actions of others. [b]"Well someone should do something,"[/b] she mutters to herself, [b]"Take action. Take charge."[/b] For a moment, she feels the lingering wisps of her Imperial heritage flare up in her. It could be her! She has been protected by others for so long and... the others-- Well, they've hardly solved anything. Silver looks back to the wheat with a new confidence, trying to quash the fear that keeps trying to rise up in her again. [i]No, she thinks, I can't keep relying on the others. I can't trust anyone but myself-- Not Ceri. Not Dina. Not that stupid Fae, Ragweed, that snooty Skydancer, Dormouse, or any of those rude Canker dragons. It doesn't matter who I have to mimic or order around I'll--[/i] The Nocturne is not aware how far she has wandered from The Apple Grove-- how the trees have blocked her body from Dina's view. She, in her newfound resolution, does not realize her proximity to the wheat... How a larger dragon could reach out of the stalks and pull her into them. And when she does realize this-- It has already happened... The strong grip of the Harvest Touched wrench her off of her claws and send her stumbling into the wheat. She screams. She roars. She hears Dina calling her name... Now she can see them clearly in the moonlight-- These dragons she'd thought wouldn't ever be looking at her like they are now-- Their voices rising together to form a new, low and slurring one, [i]"The Night is Long, The Wheat is Grown--"[/i] She tries to fight back-- mimicking the strongest members of her clan but there are too many Harvest Touched and they come at her from all sides. [i]No, I was going to be brave. I was going to prove I was still...[/i] But she cannot be brave forever, [b]"CERI! PLEASE HELP! DINA! I'M HERE-- I-- I KNOW WHO THEY ARE IT'S--"[/b] A shriek. A gurgle. The sound of muscle tearing and bones caving under something forceful. Silver does not feel the final blow but she does see it coming, and, when it does, she tries not to flinch. ----- Galena was given the [b]Tattered Parchment[/b] SilverButterfly was given the [b]Salt[/b] There are [b]2[/b] clues in this story.
@KawaiiFlyer @mason107 @PearlSoulWorld @Eskiwen @SheepyPeanut @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @BerryBagel @TheElfDruid @Elthemar @Cognitive @ophician @Lummox @o0cosmiclatte0o

31189655_350.png

My Time Among the Wheat

"I don't understand..."

Galena wanders through the wheat, her eyes glued to the furrows and rivets in the earth. She can still hear the worried whispers of the remaining dragons rushing towards her-- How they had sounded so far away with the shriek of The Harvestman still ringing in her ears. But where had everyone gone?

Away from the tower? Into Canker?

The way through the wheat seems to twist and switch back on itself and the Wildclaw is reminded of her first encounter with The Harvestman.

"Whatever happens-- however this ends... This should keep me safe from.. My end...?" she mutters, smiling a little at the repetition in it, "What do they even mean by that?"

She holds her item to her chest, nervously, and then glances down at it. How odd that something so innocuous could hold such power over that... Spirit? What kind of creature-- kind of being-- could Move like The Harvestman had. It seemed so... fluid... changeable.

She ponders this-- hopelessly lost in the wheat-- and does not hear the wheat giving way behind her.

"You outsiders have a different way of saying it."

Galena turns around with a gasp, but the other Wildclaw does not slow down as he closes the gap between himself and her.

"It's dizrespectful considering you'll never spend a day depending on the earth'z we do..." the bones hung from his wings look pearly in the moonlight, "You Reap What You Sew, you seyz. That's not true either... Seeds change when you put 'em in the earth. Not like a bod--"

"What...?" Galena manages, trying to back away from him, "What do you want?"

Harvest looks at her through his mask, his eyes full of fiery pride-- his breath warm on Galena's face,

"I want what Canker wants, Outie. For you to accept the ends you've made and sodding die."

His claws are around her throat and he wrestles her back into the thickest parts of the wheat. Galena manages a tiny, strangled,

"No--!"

But then the tops of the wheat are thrashing and dancing above her as she writhes in the earth as the air leaves her-- as the light leaves her-- as the shapes of the world around her blur in tight, crushing pain and she closes her eyes for the final time.

31146138_350.png

The Nocturne mutters to herself as the snippy, mysterious Fae vanishes into the wheat. She had been so certain that she had finally found someone in this stupid, creepy place that would help her-- That could save her.

But now...

Now the group was divided and Dina--? The flighty Coatl? Silver feels her stomach turn-- To her no one seems to know what they are doing besides groping around blindly in the dark for clues. And she-- She only know how to mimic the actions of others.

"Well someone should do something," she mutters to herself, "Take action. Take charge."

For a moment, she feels the lingering wisps of her Imperial heritage flare up in her. It could be her! She has been protected by others for so long and... the others-- Well, they've hardly solved anything.

Silver looks back to the wheat with a new confidence, trying to quash the fear that keeps trying to rise up in her again.

No, she thinks, I can't keep relying on the others. I can't trust anyone but myself-- Not Ceri. Not Dina. Not that stupid Fae, Ragweed, that snooty Skydancer, Dormouse, or any of those rude Canker dragons. It doesn't matter who I have to mimic or order around I'll--

The Nocturne is not aware how far she has wandered from The Apple Grove-- how the trees have blocked her body from Dina's view. She, in her newfound resolution, does not realize her proximity to the wheat... How a larger dragon could reach out of the stalks and pull her into them.

And when she does realize this-- It has already happened...

The strong grip of the Harvest Touched wrench her off of her claws and send her stumbling into the wheat. She screams. She roars. She hears Dina calling her name...

Now she can see them clearly in the moonlight-- These dragons she'd thought wouldn't ever be looking at her like they are now-- Their voices rising together to form a new, low and slurring one,

"The Night is Long, The Wheat is Grown--"

She tries to fight back-- mimicking the strongest members of her clan but there are too many Harvest Touched and they come at her from all sides.

No, I was going to be brave. I was going to prove I was still...

But she cannot be brave forever,

"CERI! PLEASE HELP! DINA! I'M HERE-- I-- I KNOW WHO THEY ARE IT'S--"

A shriek. A gurgle. The sound of muscle tearing and bones caving under something forceful. Silver does not feel the final blow but she does see it coming, and, when it does, she tries not to flinch.

Galena was given the Tattered Parchment

SilverButterfly was given the Salt

There are 2 clues in this story.

.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@KawaiiFlyer @mason107 @PearlSoulWorld @Eskiwen @SheepyPeanut @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @BerryBagel @TheElfDruid @Elthemar @Cognitive @ophician @Lummox @o0cosmiclatte0o

The Wind in the Wheat

The song of Canker is in the towering stalks and the bone chimes. In the garlands that toss and twist in the wind. In the rundown patches and fresh festival stalls. In the apple trees and the reeking mushrooms.

It sings low and proud. It sings;

The smudged writing. The moon rising. The theories of the Spring.
The Cankers spitting blood into the soil, sewing lies into the wheat.
The gifts you have been given, the Ends that you have made.
The stubborn, sad refusals and the history they've laid.
But the Harvestman is coming, to the breathing, screaming bait.
And the Harvestman still comes, for the Harvest does not wait.

For the Night is Long, The Wheat is Grown, the hour grows so late
And fall, how soon it's ending, while we mend and rend our fates...

The Wind in the Wheat

The song of Canker is in the towering stalks and the bone chimes. In the garlands that toss and twist in the wind. In the rundown patches and fresh festival stalls. In the apple trees and the reeking mushrooms.

It sings low and proud. It sings;

The smudged writing. The moon rising. The theories of the Spring.
The Cankers spitting blood into the soil, sewing lies into the wheat.
The gifts you have been given, the Ends that you have made.
The stubborn, sad refusals and the history they've laid.
But the Harvestman is coming, to the breathing, screaming bait.
And the Harvestman still comes, for the Harvest does not wait.

For the Night is Long, The Wheat is Grown, the hour grows so late
And fall, how soon it's ending, while we mend and rend our fates...
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
(Okay I'm dead buto
GUYS START POSTING COME ON
SERIOUSLY)
(Okay I'm dead buto
GUYS START POSTING COME ON
SERIOUSLY)
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
[rule] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/340092/34009174p.png[/img][/center] [rule] [font=century][size=4][b]Apollo, still somewhat scared by the dragons in the burrow, carefully snuck away and instead began to investigate the massive burrows.[/b] [rule]

34009174p.png

Apollo, still somewhat scared by the dragons in the burrow, carefully snuck away and instead began to investigate the massive burrows.

TPoSyOQ.png 51xsGFL.png 10x10.png 10x10.png 10x10.png
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 40 41