Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Harvestman Comes [Game End]
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 41
@TheElfDruid @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @Elthemar [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 5]The Harvestchildren's Burrow[/size][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/343824/34382367p.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/333354/33335373p.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/302495/30249490p.png[/img] The Spiral wriggles again, looking at the Nocturne and spitting, [color= FF4500][b]"Oh boo-hoo to you-- You're not the only one with problems. If anything I feel less sorry for you because you Outies came here of your own free will. Me, I--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]The Wildclaw tightens his grip again and the Spiral yelps in pain, going limp for a second before she mutters something under her breath. [color= 8FBC8F][b]"We will not help you. You have made these ends yourself-- Now you will have to meet them,"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]he looks at the Spiral, [color= 8FBC8F][b]"An' you too, shall find your end should it be made for you. Don't forget what Canker has done for you-- for all of us."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]The massive female Imperial slips into the Chamber, her steps soft and careful to avoid waking the sleeping hatchlings. She shushes the Wildclaw softly, coming alongside him as he relaxes and looks up at her expectantly. [color=666600][b]"Please, Harvest,"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Whiterot says, [color=666600][b]"No need to wake the other Children."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]She looks at the pale Imperial male and gestures around at the sleeping dragons with her hooded head, [color=666600][b]"These are Canker's Harvestchildren. Unwanted, homely little things that we take in when the world rejects them,"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]she looks at the Spiral, [color=666600][b]"Harvest, have you been causing trouble again? More talk of leaving to find your parents?"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]She strokes the Spiral's horns tenderly and removes her with the same gentle claw from the Wildclaw's grip, cradling her in one of her arms. The Spiral fidgets, rubbing her sore scales indignantly, [color= FF4500][b]"I want to find them! I can't live here forever and-- I don't want to-- I can't end up d--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Whiterot's voice takes on a musical quality, [color=666600][b]"Remember, Child, how they left you? They thought you were useless-- Certainly no one leaves a hatchling they love so close to the river. Would you?"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]The Spiral quivers, looking meeker, and eventually mumbles, [color= FF4500][b]"No, I wouldn't-- But..."[/b] [color=666600][b]"And if they didn't want you when you were so little and sickly and quiet... Why ever would they care about you now that you are grown? No, Harvest, your home is here. Your end here. Here you are valuable. Out there, you are ugly and useless as the blight ridden mud we found you in."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]She sets the Spiral down in one of the sacks and the little dragon burrows into in. Whiterot gives the lump of fabric a loving look and then turns back to the intruding dragons. [color=666600][b]"It seems you are all very agitated. Did that ghost send you on one of his wild grouse chases? Telling you that there was hope for you?"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]she shakes her head, [color=666600][b]"He is very cruel for a coward."[/b]
@TheElfDruid @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @Elthemar

The Harvestchildren's Burrow

34382367p.png 33335373p.png 30249490p.png

The Spiral wriggles again, looking at the Nocturne and spitting,

"Oh boo-hoo to you-- You're not the only one with problems. If anything I feel less sorry for you because you Outies came here of your own free will. Me, I--"

The Wildclaw tightens his grip again and the Spiral yelps in pain, going limp for a second before she mutters something under her breath.

"We will not help you. You have made these ends yourself-- Now you will have to meet them," he looks at the Spiral, "An' you too, shall find your end should it be made for you. Don't forget what Canker has done for you-- for all of us."

The massive female Imperial slips into the Chamber, her steps soft and careful to avoid waking the sleeping hatchlings. She shushes the Wildclaw softly, coming alongside him as he relaxes and looks up at her expectantly.

"Please, Harvest," Whiterot says, "No need to wake the other Children."

She looks at the pale Imperial male and gestures around at the sleeping dragons with her hooded head,

"These are Canker's Harvestchildren. Unwanted, homely little things that we take in when the world rejects them," she looks at the Spiral, "Harvest, have you been causing trouble again? More talk of leaving to find your parents?"

She strokes the Spiral's horns tenderly and removes her with the same gentle claw from the Wildclaw's grip, cradling her in one of her arms. The Spiral fidgets, rubbing her sore scales indignantly,

"I want to find them! I can't live here forever and-- I don't want to-- I can't end up d--"

Whiterot's voice takes on a musical quality,

"Remember, Child, how they left you? They thought you were useless-- Certainly no one leaves a hatchling they love so close to the river. Would you?"

The Spiral quivers, looking meeker, and eventually mumbles, "No, I wouldn't-- But..."

"And if they didn't want you when you were so little and sickly and quiet... Why ever would they care about you now that you are grown? No, Harvest, your home is here. Your end here. Here you are valuable. Out there, you are ugly and useless as the blight ridden mud we found you in."

She sets the Spiral down in one of the sacks and the little dragon burrows into in. Whiterot gives the lump of fabric a loving look and then turns back to the intruding dragons.

"It seems you are all very agitated. Did that ghost send you on one of his wild grouse chases? Telling you that there was hope for you?" she shakes her head, "He is very cruel for a coward."

.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@ophician [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 5]The Apple Grove[/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/244763/24476280p.png[/img] [color= 800000][b]"R-Ragbead--?! Are you really that st--?"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]The Fae's frills flare and then relax suddenly as they shake their head, [color= 800000][b]"Nevermind. Not that it matters, you'll be dead soon enough and whether or not you've memorized every awful dragon's name in Canker won't really matter."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Ragweed circles beneath the Coatl, again looking as if they are about to say something, but the Coatl cuts them off. [color= 800000][b]"Yes. Of course this place is crawling with moronic superstitions. You think these kinds of dragons have anything better to do with their time besides murder other dragons because of some stupid old trad--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]They clamp their claws over their mouth suddenly, eyes widening in fear as they look around frantically. [color= 800000][b]"I-- I shouldn't have said t-that..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]their frills are quivering, [color= 800000][b]"I really shouldn't have said..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]They draw their Cleaver quickly and look around again, jumping as the wheat shadows move in the wind. Swallowing they move closer to the Coatl, their frills pressed tightly to their body, [color= 800000][b]"Please d-don't tell anyone I-- I-- I have so much more I need to do... I haven't nearly made up for--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]they swallow, [color= 800000][b]"Um, yes, the Burrows-- Th-that's where the Locals all live."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Ragweed seems to be calming down slightly, but their bulbous red eyes keep darting back and forth after the Night shadows, [color= 800000][b]"The ones all of your lot went towards. Those belong to the Harvestchildren and the... Head of Canker. I don't know if she has some stupid special name but don't--"[/b][color= 2F4F4F] their frills flare for emphasis, still quivering with fear, [color= 800000][b]"Don't mess with her or any of those creepy Children. Especially not the grown ones. Especially not that Wildclaw... He... Once I saw him-- with his bare claws-- not even with those dibbing gloves.. he just..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]They are babbling, eyes still watching for anything-- anyone-- coming for them from beyond the wheat. [/color][/center]
@ophician
The Apple Grove

24476280p.png

"R-Ragbead--?! Are you really that st--?"

The Fae's frills flare and then relax suddenly as they shake their head,

"Nevermind. Not that it matters, you'll be dead soon enough and whether or not you've memorized every awful dragon's name in Canker won't really matter."

Ragweed circles beneath the Coatl, again looking as if they are about to say something, but the Coatl cuts them off.

"Yes. Of course this place is crawling with moronic superstitions. You think these kinds of dragons have anything better to do with their time besides murder other dragons because of some stupid old trad--"

They clamp their claws over their mouth suddenly, eyes widening in fear as they look around frantically.

"I-- I shouldn't have said t-that..." their frills are quivering, "I really shouldn't have said..."

They draw their Cleaver quickly and look around again, jumping as the wheat shadows move in the wind. Swallowing they move closer to the Coatl, their frills pressed tightly to their body,

"Please d-don't tell anyone I-- I-- I have so much more I need to do... I haven't nearly made up for--" they swallow, "Um, yes, the Burrows-- Th-that's where the Locals all live."

Ragweed seems to be calming down slightly, but their bulbous red eyes keep darting back and forth after the Night shadows,

"The ones all of your lot went towards. Those belong to the Harvestchildren and the... Head of Canker. I don't know if she has some stupid special name but don't--" their frills flare for emphasis, still quivering with fear, "Don't mess with her or any of those creepy Children. Especially not the grown ones. Especially not that Wildclaw... He... Once I saw him-- with his bare claws-- not even with those dibbing gloves.. he just..."

They are babbling, eyes still watching for anything-- anyone-- coming for them from beyond the wheat.

.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
The nocturne sighed, "Alright. You won't help, I get it. I'll leave." She said, exiting the burrow. Her jewelry gently clinked a tad as she climbed back up.
The nocturne fluttered her wings. How much did she miss climbing around on the walls of her clan.
She decided to head to the apple Grove to catch up with Dina
The nocturne sighed, "Alright. You won't help, I get it. I'll leave." She said, exiting the burrow. Her jewelry gently clinked a tad as she climbed back up.
The nocturne fluttered her wings. How much did she miss climbing around on the walls of her clan.
She decided to head to the apple Grove to catch up with Dina
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Xt8K8gD.png[/img] She flutters down to see if the fae was okay, a golden apple dropping from her mantle and rolling into the tall grass. The way they moved after they mentioned that bit... it was as if they were expecting to be punished. There was something else in these fields? Her eyes scanned the horizon before dropping to look at the fae again, brow creasing. Dina wants to ask a thousand questions and more. What did they have to make up for? What kind of tradition forced dragons to murder others? What was this place? [b][color=#f1801a]" H-hey, calm down... Just breathe, alright? With the two of us, we can protect ourselves. "[/color][/b] She stretches out a paw, summoning a weak whirl of wind that picks up a few leaves and disappears as quickly as it comes. Nothing to write home about... but it's good with throwing leaves at someone. And then Ragweed could slice them and dice them with the cleaver! They made for a pretty good combo. [b][color=#f1801a]" I know you don't trust any of the locals, but do you think it'd be safe to barter with them? --- And, uh, would you know of a pearlcatcher named Nephili? We kinda found something of his. "[/color][/b]
Xt8K8gD.png

She flutters down to see if the fae was okay, a golden apple dropping from her mantle and rolling into the tall grass. The way they moved after they mentioned that bit... it was as if they were expecting to be punished. There was something else in these fields? Her eyes scanned the horizon before dropping to look at the fae again, brow creasing.

Dina wants to ask a thousand questions and more. What did they have to make up for? What kind of tradition forced dragons to murder others? What was this place?

" H-hey, calm down... Just breathe, alright? With the two of us, we can protect ourselves. "

She stretches out a paw, summoning a weak whirl of wind that picks up a few leaves and disappears as quickly as it comes. Nothing to write home about... but it's good with throwing leaves at someone. And then Ragweed could slice them and dice them with the cleaver! They made for a pretty good combo.

" I know you don't trust any of the locals, but do you think it'd be safe to barter with them? --- And, uh, would you know of a pearlcatcher named Nephili? We kinda found something of his. "
DYc14Nm.png ....
STARPHASE
fr+03 - crow - she/he/they

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
... you're one scary guy.
so this is your true nature.
@ophician @TheElfDruid [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 5]The Apple Grove[/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/244763/24476280p.png[/img] [color= 2F4F4F]The Fae flinches at the sudden upstart of wind and it takes a moment for them to realize where it came from. The Cleaver shakes in their hand, [color= 800000][b]"You don't get it-- There's nothing you can do anymore... Not for me-- Not for yourself-- Nothing! Once you get tra--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Ragweed stiffens, listening to something moving through the wheat and springs off the ground, bringing their Cleaver to the neck of the Noturne just as she emerges from the stalks. The Fae holds it to her scales for a moment and then backs away, their frills loosening-- trembling still. [color= 800000][b]"Sorry,"[/b][color= 2F4F4F] they mutter, looking back at the Coatl, [color= 800000][b]"The Locals? They'll just... Probably kill you if you become too much of a burden or a problem. Plaguebringer knows how many times that Imperial has tried to get me to..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]At the mention of the Pearlcatcher, the Fae stiffens again, [color= 800000][b]"Nephili? That stupid, rotten, sodding--"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]they turn away from the Coatl and Nocturne quickly, physically biting their tongue, [color= 800000][b]"What..."[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]they begin, more slowly now, [color= 800000][b]"Did you find of his? I mean, that he didn't press lying and underclawed into your naive little hands--?"[/b] [color= 2F4F4F]Ragweed's nose wrinkles but they look back to the wheat, as if trying to find something amongst the shadows it casts.[/color][/center]
@ophician @TheElfDruid
The Apple Grove

24476280p.png

The Fae flinches at the sudden upstart of wind and it takes a moment for them to realize where it came from. The Cleaver shakes in their hand,

"You don't get it-- There's nothing you can do anymore... Not for me-- Not for yourself-- Nothing! Once you get tra--"

Ragweed stiffens, listening to something moving through the wheat and springs off the ground, bringing their Cleaver to the neck of the Noturne just as she emerges from the stalks. The Fae holds it to her scales for a moment and then backs away, their frills loosening-- trembling still.

"Sorry," they mutter, looking back at the Coatl, "The Locals? They'll just... Probably kill you if you become too much of a burden or a problem. Plaguebringer knows how many times that Imperial has tried to get me to..."

At the mention of the Pearlcatcher, the Fae stiffens again,

"Nephili? That stupid, rotten, sodding--" they turn away from the Coatl and Nocturne quickly, physically biting their tongue, "What..." they begin, more slowly now, "Did you find of his? I mean, that he didn't press lying and underclawed into your naive little hands--?"

Ragweed's nose wrinkles but they look back to the wheat, as if trying to find something amongst the shadows it casts.

.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
The nocturnext queried at the feeling of the blade pressed to her neck, and her fins flared for a moment. After he moced, she runs her neck, "What a warm welcome." She jokes.
"We're talking an Imperial and murdering?" She ssked.
The nocturnext queried at the feeling of the blade pressed to her neck, and her fins flared for a moment. After he moced, she runs her neck, "What a warm welcome." She jokes.
"We're talking an Imperial and murdering?" She ssked.
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
@KawaiiFlyer @mason107 @PearlSoulWorld @Eskiwen @SheepyPeanut @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @BerryBagel @TheElfDruid @Elthemar @Cognitive @ophician @Lummox @o0cosmiclatte0o [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336646/33664573_350.png[/img][/center] [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 6]But I Thought...?[/size] Zaman's body, the way it lies stiff and glassy eyed in the grass, Fiyerona can almost see herself where the other Spiral is now. That fear-- of what he must have felt, of what he must have done in his final moments-- seeds itself deeply in her belly and begins to grow. She would have always have considered herself a sarcastic dragon-- playfully blunt or skeptical of others-- but now all she can feel is the terror that has been so easily sewn into her. Everything in the moonlight is an enemy-- Every shadow, every shape could, would, and will be her killer. Alone in [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5zJas4ykY]The Crumbling Tower[/url], Fiyerona flits aimlessly between the places the others have explored, running her claws over the books they have destroyed and the rubble they have moved. She finds new things, yes, but her mind is too light and suspicious-- too jumpy-- to linger on these new revelations for too long. How had the others felt with the Harvestman humming low over their screaming, thrashing bodies. Was she ready? What had her life been for before this night-- this moment? She could not say. And she never gets to. The Harvestman follows her for a time, trailing behind her as she circles The Crumbling Tower's floors. It clicks and labors and sings and sings her name. [i]Fiyerona, oh, Fiyerona... Do you know.... what my life came to...? Do you know... how... I met my end?[/i] She freezes and finally looks behind her just [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeaVF5LWtzo]as the Harvestman sinks it's delicate, crafty claws up under her sharp jawline and forces them down and pulls them out and--[/url] The Spiral manages a hiss-- a whisper-- she barely feels the sensation of being stripped and shaken out at all as she-- [b]"But I thought I'd survive... I wanted to-- I..."[/b] But the end comes to her just the same and she slumps over Nephili's Chest; her remains dribbling down the sides. The Pearlcatcher, trembling in the shadows and covering his eyes has no comment. And there is no one to carry the Spiral's still body away... ----- [center]Fiyerona was given a [b]Maple Leaf[/b] There are [b]0[/b] clues in this story.[/center]
@KawaiiFlyer @mason107 @PearlSoulWorld @Eskiwen @SheepyPeanut @ScarletTheDragon @KingTiberius @BerryBagel @TheElfDruid @Elthemar @Cognitive @ophician @Lummox @o0cosmiclatte0o

33664573_350.png

But I Thought...?

Zaman's body, the way it lies stiff and glassy eyed in the grass, Fiyerona can almost see herself where the other Spiral is now. That fear-- of what he must have felt, of what he must have done in his final moments-- seeds itself deeply in her belly and begins to grow.

She would have always have considered herself a sarcastic dragon-- playfully blunt or skeptical of others-- but now all she can feel is the terror that has been so easily sewn into her. Everything in the moonlight is an enemy-- Every shadow, every shape could, would, and will be her killer.

Alone in The Crumbling Tower, Fiyerona flits aimlessly between the places the others have explored, running her claws over the books they have destroyed and the rubble they have moved. She finds new things, yes, but her mind is too light and suspicious-- too jumpy-- to linger on these new revelations for too long.

How had the others felt with the Harvestman humming low over their screaming, thrashing bodies. Was she ready? What had her life been for before this night-- this moment?

She could not say.

And she never gets to.

The Harvestman follows her for a time, trailing behind her as she circles The Crumbling Tower's floors. It clicks and labors and sings and sings her name.

Fiyerona, oh, Fiyerona... Do you know.... what my life came to...? Do you know... how... I met my end?

She freezes and finally looks behind her just as the Harvestman sinks it's delicate, crafty claws up under her sharp jawline and forces them down and pulls them out and--

The Spiral manages a hiss-- a whisper-- she barely feels the sensation of being stripped and shaken out at all as she--

"But I thought I'd survive... I wanted to-- I..."

But the end comes to her just the same and she slumps over Nephili's Chest; her remains dribbling down the sides. The Pearlcatcher, trembling in the shadows and covering his eyes has no comment. And there is no one to carry the Spiral's still body away...

Fiyerona was given a Maple Leaf

There are 0 clues in this story.

.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/574/57335p.png[/img] Seeing that the others had things well in hand, Ceri decided to go to the [b]Vendor's stalls[/b] instead, reaching there just before another of their number went down. As there wasn't a scream this time, she doesn't know what's occurred...though once she finds out, she'll be less than pleased. [/center] ((sorry about being late, guys! It's been a hectic past few days with me, especially with a sudden inspection coming up on me, so I haven't been in the game much. it's over now though, so I'm ready to get back into it!))
57335p.png Seeing that the others had things well in hand, Ceri decided to go to the Vendor's stalls instead, reaching there just before another of their number went down. As there wasn't a scream this time, she doesn't know what's occurred...though once she finds out, she'll be less than pleased.

((sorry about being late, guys! It's been a hectic past few days with me, especially with a sudden inspection coming up on me, so I haven't been in the game much. it's over now though, so I'm ready to get back into it!))
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
@Eskiwen
The Vendor's Stalls

In the thick of the Canker Burrows, a long, thin strip of stony earth serves as Canker's "Main Road". Here wagon wheel ruts and the tracks of the numerous festival goers intersect and muddle each other's impressions in the stiff ground.

Lining the "Main Road" are the once colorful and bright vendors stalls, whose wares have all be stowed safely away and whose owners are nowhere to be seen. In the moonlight they looks like two parallel rows of massive, squared teeth. And, hung in the wheat above and behind them, the Canker masks peer down with their empty, curious eyes.

A few of the Vendor's Stalls still have their signs posted, though:

FINE SILKS! ANY COLOR! ANY CUT!
The Little Widdler
ROASTED DELIGHTS! BUGS! BIRDS! APPLE SKINS!
Toil and Trouble Utensils
Dusty, Not Musty, Must Reads! (If It's OLD We Have It)!
Tangled Ends, Fortunes Told
@Eskiwen
The Vendor's Stalls

In the thick of the Canker Burrows, a long, thin strip of stony earth serves as Canker's "Main Road". Here wagon wheel ruts and the tracks of the numerous festival goers intersect and muddle each other's impressions in the stiff ground.

Lining the "Main Road" are the once colorful and bright vendors stalls, whose wares have all be stowed safely away and whose owners are nowhere to be seen. In the moonlight they looks like two parallel rows of massive, squared teeth. And, hung in the wheat above and behind them, the Canker masks peer down with their empty, curious eyes.

A few of the Vendor's Stalls still have their signs posted, though:

FINE SILKS! ANY COLOR! ANY CUT!
The Little Widdler
ROASTED DELIGHTS! BUGS! BIRDS! APPLE SKINS!
Toil and Trouble Utensils
Dusty, Not Musty, Must Reads! (If It's OLD We Have It)!
Tangled Ends, Fortunes Told
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@ophician @TheElfDruid [center][color= 2F4F4F][size= 5]The Apple Grove[/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/244763/24476280p.png[/img] [color= 2F4F4F]Ragweed's frills stiffen at the misplaced humor and then flare at the mention of "murdering", [color= 800000][b]"N-no. No one murdered-- Is murdering anyone."[/b][/color][/center]
@ophician @TheElfDruid
The Apple Grove

24476280p.png

Ragweed's frills stiffen at the misplaced humor and then flare at the mention of "murdering",

"N-no. No one murdered-- Is murdering anyone."

.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 41