Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 70 71
Okay, here we go (If anyone feels like I'm pinging them too much, let me know and I'll tone it down. I always try to err on the side of pinging when I'm not sure if I should or not...so y'all gettin' pinged) [b]Town Pile[/b] JoYoon Blanketgender SpectralDragon Leremis Imraldera TheNightDancer Raya36 Tsaiah [b]Scum Pile[/b] [b]The inactive/No reads Pile:[/b] Rosetta248, LibreNoctre, LittleFirefly, Limelight, VivaFariy @JoYoon [quote name="BerryBagel"]JoYoon is initially giving me town vibes. I feel like immediately lying about a role PM would be a pretty unnecessarily gutsy move for a non-town player.[/quote] I don't love the 'do you like your role' question, but it reads as very 'new player' to me. @blanketgender Probably the most active player right now. The first to actually put down a vote- that sort of willingness to stand out reads town to me. Also, the more I look it over, especially after Tsaiah's post, the more our back-and-forth conversation looks like town v. town to me. @SpectralDragon [quote name="BerryBagel"]SpectralDragon had a well reasoned response to the suspicion on them. I think their most recent well-reasoned responses outweigh my initial suspicion. My concern was that we hadn't heard any new ideas from them. They've started scumhunting. My concern is, for now, resolved.[/quote] @Leremis Initially I thought it seemed like Leremis was bandwagoning, but even after getting called out for bandwagoning, Leremis stuck with their suspicions on Spec. I don't think Spec is mafia, but I think the fact that Leremis made some additional points defending their stance instead of trying to subtly back off is a town-seeming sign. @Imraldera Again, initial suspicion of bandwagoning. They gave a fair reason, but reason or no, they haven't done much in the way of scumhunting. It's hard to tell the difference between town who says "I'm not good at D1 scumhunting, but Berry made a good point so I went with it", and mafia who says the exact same thing. @TheNightDancer They've only made one really content-heavy post, so I don't have a lot to go off of. I agree with their point on JoYoon's question. However, I wish they had focused more on scumhunting than on their thoughts on Blanket & I's investigation debate (can I start calling it investi-gate??)...especially at this time in the day, it seems like it'd be a lot more useful for town to be looking for scum than to be picking apart the intricacies of a debate between two people almost everyone is leaning towards town reads on. @Raya36 Also not a lot to go off of, but the post where they bring up Spec's post and then immediately dismiss it with [quote name="Raya36"]That's the only thing I've seen so far that I have really felt was out of the ordinary but their defences seem fine and I don't really think they are scum.[/quote] That's the kind of noncommittal post that I'd expect mafia laying low to make. @Tsaiah Looking over everything...I was a little surprised how suspicious of Tsaiah I found myself. Especially after Spec wondering if mafia is just trying to lay low and let us give them another night kill with indecision. Tsaiah recently just posted a whole wall on investi-gate. Their takeaway was that it was probably town v. town. They then asked Blanket and I a bunch of clarifying questions, and asked everyone else their thoughts. Sure, it's an interesting topic...but it was three hours before lockdown! I wouldn't be asking everyone for thoughts on a conversation between two people I wasn't particularly suspicious of [i]three hours before lockdown[/i]. It really reads like a stalling technique to me.
Okay, here we go
(If anyone feels like I'm pinging them too much, let me know and I'll tone it down. I always try to err on the side of pinging when I'm not sure if I should or not...so y'all gettin' pinged)

Town Pile
JoYoon
Blanketgender
SpectralDragon
Leremis
Imraldera
TheNightDancer
Raya36
Tsaiah
Scum Pile

The inactive/No reads Pile: Rosetta248, LibreNoctre, LittleFirefly, Limelight, VivaFariy

@JoYoon
BerryBagel wrote:
JoYoon is initially giving me town vibes. I feel like immediately lying about a role PM would be a pretty unnecessarily gutsy move for a non-town player.
I don't love the 'do you like your role' question, but it reads as very 'new player' to me.

@blanketgender
Probably the most active player right now. The first to actually put down a vote- that sort of willingness to stand out reads town to me. Also, the more I look it over, especially after Tsaiah's post, the more our back-and-forth conversation looks like town v. town to me.

@SpectralDragon
BerryBagel wrote:
SpectralDragon had a well reasoned response to the suspicion on them. I think their most recent well-reasoned responses outweigh my initial suspicion. My concern was that we hadn't heard any new ideas from them. They've started scumhunting. My concern is, for now, resolved.

@Leremis
Initially I thought it seemed like Leremis was bandwagoning, but even after getting called out for bandwagoning, Leremis stuck with their suspicions on Spec. I don't think Spec is mafia, but I think the fact that Leremis made some additional points defending their stance instead of trying to subtly back off is a town-seeming sign.

@Imraldera
Again, initial suspicion of bandwagoning. They gave a fair reason, but reason or no, they haven't done much in the way of scumhunting. It's hard to tell the difference between town who says "I'm not good at D1 scumhunting, but Berry made a good point so I went with it", and mafia who says the exact same thing.

@TheNightDancer
They've only made one really content-heavy post, so I don't have a lot to go off of. I agree with their point on JoYoon's question. However, I wish they had focused more on scumhunting than on their thoughts on Blanket & I's investigation debate (can I start calling it investi-gate??)...especially at this time in the day, it seems like it'd be a lot more useful for town to be looking for scum than to be picking apart the intricacies of a debate between two people almost everyone is leaning towards town reads on.

@Raya36
Also not a lot to go off of, but the post where they bring up Spec's post and then immediately dismiss it with
Raya36 wrote:
That's the only thing I've seen so far that I have really felt was out of the ordinary but their defences seem fine and I don't really think they are scum.
That's the kind of noncommittal post that I'd expect mafia laying low to make.

@Tsaiah
Looking over everything...I was a little surprised how suspicious of Tsaiah I found myself. Especially after Spec wondering if mafia is just trying to lay low and let us give them another night kill with indecision. Tsaiah recently just posted a whole wall on investi-gate. Their takeaway was that it was probably town v. town. They then asked Blanket and I a bunch of clarifying questions, and asked everyone else their thoughts. Sure, it's an interesting topic...but it was three hours before lockdown! I wouldn't be asking everyone for thoughts on a conversation between two people I wasn't particularly suspicious of three hours before lockdown. It really reads like a stalling technique to me.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
@Leremis

Based on your most recent post, curious why you're not pushing for a lynch on Spec, considering you said you have neutral or town-leaning leads on literally everyone except for Spec right now?
@Leremis

Based on your most recent post, curious why you're not pushing for a lynch on Spec, considering you said you have neutral or town-leaning leads on literally everyone except for Spec right now?
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
@BerryBagel that's an interesting take on Tsaiah's questioning. is there anything else about her posts that jump out at you as scummy?

and to be fair, i'm pretty guilty of asking clarifying questions too--it's kind of difficult for me to form any reads off of anybody right now, so i'm hoping that pinging and asking questions will help solidify those enough to get a lynch through.

i'm not that willing to lynch Spec at the moment, but the lack of content is really screwing with the ability to get a read. my other scum reads are Imraldera and in a lesser sense JoYoon and Raya36, but. *gestures at 10 pages*
@BerryBagel that's an interesting take on Tsaiah's questioning. is there anything else about her posts that jump out at you as scummy?

and to be fair, i'm pretty guilty of asking clarifying questions too--it's kind of difficult for me to form any reads off of anybody right now, so i'm hoping that pinging and asking questions will help solidify those enough to get a lynch through.

i'm not that willing to lynch Spec at the moment, but the lack of content is really screwing with the ability to get a read. my other scum reads are Imraldera and in a lesser sense JoYoon and Raya36, but. *gestures at 10 pages*
LUZk8tY.png
[quote name="Leremis" date=2017-05-21 13:45:14] @/SpectralDragon Can guarantee I'd be a bad lynch candidate. And you're not even going to talk about how @/blanketgender put down a vote for you? Hm. (Although I do really appreciate the ping to your post, so thank you for that.) Looking back through, the only post that really causes me any concern is this one; [quote name="SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 10:14:08] My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun. [/quote] And the fact that it was stated before addressing concerns on them. That is what's making me squint here. LittleFirefly's dragons are completely starved, and they haven't been active in the forums for days. I don't expect to get much from them at this point. @/BerryBagel The speculating about mafia numbers at this point wasn't particularly useful, but the contribution is appreciated at least. This early in the game, and without a solid idea of whether the flavour indicates neutrals, speculation is just that. But otherwise, I'm getting some fairly town vibes here. Very helpful and pushing for discussion, which I like. I'd really like to hear from @Raya36, @/LibreNoctre and @/Limelight, but I know the latter is busy. Raya and Libre on the other hand, are posting elsewhere and haven't come back here yet.[b] I'm not squinting very hard yet, but please come contribute, guys![/b] @/Tsaiah Is leaning town for me. Then again she and @/blanketgender always do so :V [b]As for the rest, pretty neutral at the moment.[/b] [/quote] @BerryBagel I'm not totally comfortable with my reads on them to actively pursue a lynch at this time. There's not a lot of content to go off of. Currently, I'd probably be alright with lynching Raya because of the lack of contribution and kinda sheepiness with the sus on Spec.
Leremis wrote on 2017-05-21:
@/SpectralDragon Can guarantee I'd be a bad lynch candidate. And you're not even going to talk about how @/blanketgender put down a vote for you? Hm. (Although I do really appreciate the ping to your post, so thank you for that.)

Looking back through, the only post that really causes me any concern is this one;
SpectralDragon wrote on 2017-05-21:
My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun.
And the fact that it was stated before addressing concerns on them. That is what's making me squint here.

LittleFirefly's dragons are completely starved, and they haven't been active in the forums for days. I don't expect to get much from them at this point.

@/BerryBagel The speculating about mafia numbers at this point wasn't particularly useful, but the contribution is appreciated at least. This early in the game, and without a solid idea of whether the flavour indicates neutrals, speculation is just that. But otherwise, I'm getting some fairly town vibes here. Very helpful and pushing for discussion, which I like.

I'd really like to hear from @Raya36, @/LibreNoctre and @/Limelight, but I know the latter is busy. Raya and Libre on the other hand, are posting elsewhere and haven't come back here yet. I'm not squinting very hard yet, but please come contribute, guys!

@/Tsaiah Is leaning town for me. Then again she and @/blanketgender always do so :V

As for the rest, pretty neutral at the moment.

@BerryBagel I'm not totally comfortable with my reads on them to actively pursue a lynch at this time. There's not a lot of content to go off of. Currently, I'd probably be alright with lynching Raya because of the lack of contribution and kinda sheepiness with the sus on Spec.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
doing a read through these pages.

uh...@LibreNoctre is posting multiple places, but not in this thread, which is weird considering that they (sort of) said they're against lurking.
doing a read through these pages.

uh...@LibreNoctre is posting multiple places, but not in this thread, which is weird considering that they (sort of) said they're against lurking.
LUZk8tY.png
@blanketgender that's why I'm lightly squinting at Libre as well. I made a note of that in my original post.
@blanketgender that's why I'm lightly squinting at Libre as well. I made a note of that in my original post.
She/her
Wishlist
Okay, home and with my beautifully working wifi instead of the crappy hotel wifi! Now to answer questions since I'm caught up @tsaiah [quote] What's something that you've learned in previous games that you find helpful or otherwise worth bearing in mind, now? [/quote] I've definitely learned quite a bit since I started playing FR mafia. I've learned that it's not good idea to ghost on games as it can make other players suspicious and/or upset. Mafia games is all about debates and disucssions to me, so we need as many point of views as possible. I've learned that when your head's on chopping platter; it's better to make a defense case for yourself instead of hammering your own lynch. Lynches are town's most reliable method of catching scum, and depends on high numbers. Letting myself get lynched makes things harder on town, and possibly lead to mylo in some situations. I'm still working on applying the tips and tricks I've picked up on toward myself and my play. @JoYoon [quote] Do you like your role?[/quote] Yep!
Okay, home and with my beautifully working wifi instead of the crappy hotel wifi!

Now to answer questions since I'm caught up

@tsaiah
Quote:
What's something that you've learned in previous games that you find helpful or otherwise worth bearing in mind, now?

I've definitely learned quite a bit since I started playing FR mafia.

I've learned that it's not good idea to ghost on games as it can make other players suspicious and/or upset. Mafia games is all about debates and disucssions to me, so we need as many point of views as possible.

I've learned that when your head's on chopping platter; it's better to make a defense case for yourself instead of hammering your own lynch. Lynches are town's most reliable method of catching scum, and depends on high numbers. Letting myself get lynched makes things harder on town, and possibly lead to mylo in some situations.

I'm still working on applying the tips and tricks I've picked up on toward myself and my play.

@JoYoon
Quote:
Do you like your role?
Yep!
@blanketgender

Almost all of Tsaiah's posts that aren't about meta-game are commenting on previously introduced ideas. Still, that's not out of the ordinary for most of the players in this game so far, so the main thing is definitely the sudden last-minute focus on investi-gate

@Leremis

Fair enough. I'm definitely still a bit wary that you wouldn't suggest a lynch on anyone, but you're not in my most suspicious half of the list currently, so in the interest of us being down to the wire I'll table that suspicion for now.

In the interest of not letting mafia have a second night kill, I would be willing to support a lynch on Raya or Libre.
@blanketgender

Almost all of Tsaiah's posts that aren't about meta-game are commenting on previously introduced ideas. Still, that's not out of the ordinary for most of the players in this game so far, so the main thing is definitely the sudden last-minute focus on investi-gate

@Leremis

Fair enough. I'm definitely still a bit wary that you wouldn't suggest a lynch on anyone, but you're not in my most suspicious half of the list currently, so in the interest of us being down to the wire I'll table that suspicion for now.

In the interest of not letting mafia have a second night kill, I would be willing to support a lynch on Raya or Libre.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
@BerryBagel noted--there are things that i think are pretty towny coming from her, but also some things that need elaboration (really would like an explanation sometime soon on why she asked her question). currently re-reading and will dump notes in this thread.

i am not against a lynch on @Raya36, for a couple reasons that will be in the notes. i'm a little wary about lynching @LibreNoctre just because we did it in MMM and they were active lurking as town. it's possible that they'll sub out though so hums
@BerryBagel noted--there are things that i think are pretty towny coming from her, but also some things that need elaboration (really would like an explanation sometime soon on why she asked her question). currently re-reading and will dump notes in this thread.

i am not against a lynch on @Raya36, for a couple reasons that will be in the notes. i'm a little wary about lynching @LibreNoctre just because we did it in MMM and they were active lurking as town. it's possible that they'll sub out though so hums
LUZk8tY.png
@BerryBagel Understandable.

I noticed LibreNoctre has posted elsewhere since I pinged them here in my sus post. I'm leaning towards lynching them because that's really pinging me off. I'll be around until EOD if they come back with a defense, but I'm going to put that as my vote for now.
@BerryBagel Understandable.

I noticed LibreNoctre has posted elsewhere since I pinged them here in my sus post. I'm leaning towards lynching them because that's really pinging me off. I'll be around until EOD if they come back with a defense, but I'm going to put that as my vote for now.
She/her
Wishlist
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 70 71