Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 70 71
@blanketgender

@Leremis and @Imraldera (not sure if I should ping, so gonna ping) are bothering me right now. The fact that Bagel (not pinging since I'm not sus) is immediately scumhunting is a good thing! The fact that Leremis and Imraldera immediately hopped on the bandwagon without seeming to do any scumhunting of their own pings my radar big time, and that would hold true even if the bandwagon they were pushing for wasn't me. Since this game gives maf a kill if we don't lynch, either of those two would be fine by me.

I'm liking Bagel and Tsaiah right now because they seem to be engaging in a lot of critical thinking. Same with you, Blanket. I'd be pretty comfortable calling you town. Not sure what I think of everyone else yet, gonna have to see more stuff there.
@blanketgender

@Leremis and @Imraldera (not sure if I should ping, so gonna ping) are bothering me right now. The fact that Bagel (not pinging since I'm not sus) is immediately scumhunting is a good thing! The fact that Leremis and Imraldera immediately hopped on the bandwagon without seeming to do any scumhunting of their own pings my radar big time, and that would hold true even if the bandwagon they were pushing for wasn't me. Since this game gives maf a kill if we don't lynch, either of those two would be fine by me.

I'm liking Bagel and Tsaiah right now because they seem to be engaging in a lot of critical thinking. Same with you, Blanket. I'd be pretty comfortable calling you town. Not sure what I think of everyone else yet, gonna have to see more stuff there.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
@blanketgender [quote name="blanketgender"]explain how that would've been effective fishing.[/quote] It wouldn't have been effective at all, which is why I was so confused! I'll admit that the longer we go back and forth with this, the more I'd be willing to chalk this up to a difference in playstyle. This in particular: [quote name="blanketgender"]posting anything but a short and cryptic answer to that question is revealing more about your role than is at all necessary[/quote] does make me feel a lot less like you were pressing for info. I really liked the town pile/scum pile post from earlier. I'm going to put one together, and I encourage the rest of you to do the same. I also had a whole part on this post originally about why I thought @SpectralDragon might be a jester. After seeing Spectral's recent posts...I take that back. Definitely don't think they're a jester. Going to read into things more and reassess my initial mafia suspicions on them.
@blanketgender
blanketgender wrote:
explain how that would've been effective fishing.

It wouldn't have been effective at all, which is why I was so confused! I'll admit that the longer we go back and forth with this, the more I'd be willing to chalk this up to a difference in playstyle. This in particular:
blanketgender wrote:
posting anything but a short and cryptic answer to that question is revealing more about your role than is at all necessary

does make me feel a lot less like you were pressing for info.

I really liked the town pile/scum pile post from earlier. I'm going to put one together, and I encourage the rest of you to do the same.

I also had a whole part on this post originally about why I thought @SpectralDragon might be a jester. After seeing Spectral's recent posts...I take that back. Definitely don't think they're a jester. Going to read into things more and reassess my initial mafia suspicions on them.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
@SpectralDragon Can guarantee I'd be a bad lynch candidate. And you're not even going to talk about how @blanketgender put down a vote for you? Hm. (Although I do really appreciate the ping to your post, so thank you for that.) Looking back through, the only post that really causes me any concern is this one; [quote name="SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 10:14:08] My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun. [/quote] And the fact that it was stated before addressing concerns on them. That is what's making me squint here. LittleFirefly's dragons are completely starved, and they haven't been active in the forums for days. I don't expect to get much from them at this point. @BerryBagel The speculating about mafia numbers at this point wasn't particularly useful, but the contribution is appreciated at least. This early in the game, and without a solid idea of whether the flavour indicates neutrals, speculation is just that. But otherwise, I'm getting some fairly town vibes here. Very helpful and pushing for discussion, which I like. I'd really like to hear from @Raya36, @LibreNoctre and @Limelight, but I know the latter is busy. Raya and Libre on the other hand, are posting elsewhere and haven't come back here yet. I'm not squinting very hard yet, but please come contribute, guys! @Tsaiah Is leaning town for me. Then again she and @blanketgender always do so :V As for the rest, pretty neutral at the moment.
@SpectralDragon Can guarantee I'd be a bad lynch candidate. And you're not even going to talk about how @blanketgender put down a vote for you? Hm. (Although I do really appreciate the ping to your post, so thank you for that.)

Looking back through, the only post that really causes me any concern is this one;
SpectralDragon wrote on 2017-05-21:
My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun.
And the fact that it was stated before addressing concerns on them. That is what's making me squint here.

LittleFirefly's dragons are completely starved, and they haven't been active in the forums for days. I don't expect to get much from them at this point.

@BerryBagel The speculating about mafia numbers at this point wasn't particularly useful, but the contribution is appreciated at least. This early in the game, and without a solid idea of whether the flavour indicates neutrals, speculation is just that. But otherwise, I'm getting some fairly town vibes here. Very helpful and pushing for discussion, which I like.

I'd really like to hear from @Raya36, @LibreNoctre and @Limelight, but I know the latter is busy. Raya and Libre on the other hand, are posting elsewhere and haven't come back here yet. I'm not squinting very hard yet, but please come contribute, guys!

@Tsaiah Is leaning town for me. Then again she and @blanketgender always do so :V

As for the rest, pretty neutral at the moment.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
@Leremis

We can change our votes up until EOD, right? I'm not super concerned about that, because Blanket's still asking questions and using their brain. You and @Imraldera just (imo) went "okay that's our lynch target" and didn't do any thinking beyond that. That's what I don't like.

Also, I'm pretty sure that anyone town is a bad lynch candidate, considering wincon.
@Leremis

We can change our votes up until EOD, right? I'm not super concerned about that, because Blanket's still asking questions and using their brain. You and @Imraldera just (imo) went "okay that's our lynch target" and didn't do any thinking beyond that. That's what I don't like.

Also, I'm pretty sure that anyone town is a bad lynch candidate, considering wincon.
Food? Food? FOOD!
My pile-making is being disrupted and I'm going to have to leave for a bit. My thought for now:

@SpectralDragon had a well reasoned response to the suspicion on them. I think their most recent well-reasoned responses outweigh my initial suspicion. My concern was that we hadn't heard any new ideas from them. They've started scumhunting. My concern is, for now, resolved.

I will return in a bit, town and scum piles in hand, and ready to weigh in on Spectral's reads on Imraldera and Leremis.
My pile-making is being disrupted and I'm going to have to leave for a bit. My thought for now:

@SpectralDragon had a well reasoned response to the suspicion on them. I think their most recent well-reasoned responses outweigh my initial suspicion. My concern was that we hadn't heard any new ideas from them. They've started scumhunting. My concern is, for now, resolved.

I will return in a bit, town and scum piles in hand, and ready to weigh in on Spectral's reads on Imraldera and Leremis.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
@SpectralDragon

Your explanation of why you posted right after me makes sense. Because it was such a short post, it didn't seem likely that you were ninja'd by me, but that seems less suspicious with your explanation. Basically, what I meant by pinging you and wanting to hear more from you is e Carly what you've started doing, just give opinions and contribute, even if you don't have strong suspicions. That's what I've been doing, since I don't usually have strong reads D1 and the quietness of this game has just made it even worse. All of the players with enough posts to give me a read seem town so far. And honestly, your recent posts make me feel a lot better about you.

Now I honestly don't have any scum reads except inactive players, and even then it's just because they haven't posted. I have no clue who to vote for at this point. That's why it probably seemed like I was jumping in a bandwagon in suspicion of you, but it was more of "I don't really have summy reads right now, but Berry has a good point" and then my interpretation of your post made my suspicion stronger. I think because we have to lynch someone and everyone has to vote or be marked, it will be a lot easier/more tempting to bandwagon, and with so few posts it can also be harder to not just sheep a vote. Hopefully more discussion will make it easier to lynch someone.
@SpectralDragon

Your explanation of why you posted right after me makes sense. Because it was such a short post, it didn't seem likely that you were ninja'd by me, but that seems less suspicious with your explanation. Basically, what I meant by pinging you and wanting to hear more from you is e Carly what you've started doing, just give opinions and contribute, even if you don't have strong suspicions. That's what I've been doing, since I don't usually have strong reads D1 and the quietness of this game has just made it even worse. All of the players with enough posts to give me a read seem town so far. And honestly, your recent posts make me feel a lot better about you.

Now I honestly don't have any scum reads except inactive players, and even then it's just because they haven't posted. I have no clue who to vote for at this point. That's why it probably seemed like I was jumping in a bandwagon in suspicion of you, but it was more of "I don't really have summy reads right now, but Berry has a good point" and then my interpretation of your post made my suspicion stronger. I think because we have to lynch someone and everyone has to vote or be marked, it will be a lot easier/more tempting to bandwagon, and with so few posts it can also be harder to not just sheep a vote. Hopefully more discussion will make it easier to lynch someone.
NPeGYYg.pngkoIykzQ.png
@SpectralDragon Except I didn't even say you as a lynch target. I [quote name="Leremis" date=2017-05-21 12:50:01] Do you like your role? I do, in fact. After a quick skim from where I left off last night, I'm leaning towards agreeing with @/BerryBagel's suspicion on @/SpectralDragon. Showing up to answer Joyoon's question and not responding to suspicions on them pings me as strange. I'm going to go back and ISO some things, but I'm definitely not liking how they're acting thus far. [/quote] I further said that I'd go back and actually ISO your posts to see what I thought after that. Which I did. And I stand by the statement that I still think what you said is odd, but not lynch-worthy at the moment. Perhaps later if we desperately need a target and you're the only one seeming reasonably suspicious by then, but I'm not about to place a vote yet, nor have I.
@SpectralDragon Except I didn't even say you as a lynch target. I
Leremis wrote on 2017-05-21:
Do you like your role?
I do, in fact.

After a quick skim from where I left off last night, I'm leaning towards agreeing with @/BerryBagel's suspicion on @/SpectralDragon. Showing up to answer Joyoon's question and not responding to suspicions on them pings me as strange. I'm going to go back and ISO some things, but I'm definitely not liking how they're acting thus far.

I further said that I'd go back and actually ISO your posts to see what I thought after that. Which I did. And I stand by the statement that I still think what you said is odd, but not lynch-worthy at the moment. Perhaps later if we desperately need a target and you're the only one seeming reasonably suspicious by then, but I'm not about to place a vote yet, nor have I.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
@Leremis [quote]LittleFirefly's dragons are completely starved, and they haven't been active in the forums for days. I don't expect to get much from them at this point.[/quote] but we did get PMs before the game asking if we were still interested in the game. presumably they received it and responded yes, so -eyes emoji @LittleFirefly- @SpectralDragon [quote]You and @/Imraldera just (imo) went "okay that's our lynch target" and didn't do any thinking beyond that. That's what I don't like.[/quote] saying that you don't like how somebody is posting!="okay that's our lynch target." also, just in the interest of transparency--my vote on you should likely be considered a pressure vote that is subject to change. i'll keep it where it is for now until i figure out who to lynch (even if that still ends up being you--though i think your defense is solid at the moment). @polygone should we be editing our vote posts if we want to change a vote, or making a new post in the lynch thread?
@Leremis
Quote:
LittleFirefly's dragons are completely starved, and they haven't been active in the forums for days. I don't expect to get much from them at this point.
but we did get PMs before the game asking if we were still interested in the game. presumably they received it and responded yes, so -eyes emoji @LittleFirefly-

@SpectralDragon
Quote:
You and @/Imraldera just (imo) went "okay that's our lynch target" and didn't do any thinking beyond that. That's what I don't like.
saying that you don't like how somebody is posting!="okay that's our lynch target."

also, just in the interest of transparency--my vote on you should likely be considered a pressure vote that is subject to change. i'll keep it where it is for now until i figure out who to lynch (even if that still ends up being you--though i think your defense is solid at the moment).

@polygone should we be editing our vote posts if we want to change a vote, or making a new post in the lynch thread?
LUZk8tY.png
@Imraldera

Alright, that's a fair explanation. And I feel you on the not having strong reads D1, I have trouble with that too! Since you and blanket were both scumreading me based off of post length info, I'll try to keep it longer for everyone to get what they need from it from now on.

Although now I wonder if, given that scum gets a confirmed kill if we don't lynch, their tactic is to just be inactive and wait for us to lynch ourselves... I don't like that idea much. I hate mislynching, I always feel like a mislynch is a failure.

@Leremis

My role in MMM was actually pretty stressful, and not one that I was very well-suited for. I'm pretty glad to have a role that, to put it gently, I actually know how to use. I didn't even realize that it would sound odd without that context.

@blanketgender

I still found the immediate leap on the bandwagon without providing any new information to be a little too close to deciding to lynch without anything else, although I didn't realize that you were the only one who actually put a vote down! You make a good point, though.

Thank you for being transparent! I'd have been pretty confused when I looked at the lynch threads otherwise. I understand your choice and the reasoning behind it.
@Imraldera

Alright, that's a fair explanation. And I feel you on the not having strong reads D1, I have trouble with that too! Since you and blanket were both scumreading me based off of post length info, I'll try to keep it longer for everyone to get what they need from it from now on.

Although now I wonder if, given that scum gets a confirmed kill if we don't lynch, their tactic is to just be inactive and wait for us to lynch ourselves... I don't like that idea much. I hate mislynching, I always feel like a mislynch is a failure.

@Leremis

My role in MMM was actually pretty stressful, and not one that I was very well-suited for. I'm pretty glad to have a role that, to put it gently, I actually know how to use. I didn't even realize that it would sound odd without that context.

@blanketgender

I still found the immediate leap on the bandwagon without providing any new information to be a little too close to deciding to lynch without anything else, although I didn't realize that you were the only one who actually put a vote down! You make a good point, though.

Thank you for being transparent! I'd have been pretty confused when I looked at the lynch threads otherwise. I understand your choice and the reasoning behind it.
Food? Food? FOOD!
I don't think I mentioned in my introduction post that I have school on weekdays and work on weekends which is why I've been a bit spotty. I haven't been able to get on long enough to form a solid opinion and put it into words. I don't have school tomorrow and I'm completely caught up in my schoolwork so I'll make up for my recent inactivity this week starting now. I don't have any strong reads yet but I can agree that @Spectraldragon's post about their role to be a bit odd. I don't really think it's worthy of a lynch but it's still a strange way to answer the question. [quote name="SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 10:14:08] My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun. [/quote] That's the only thing I've seen so far that I have really felt was out of the ordinary but their defences seem fine and I don't really think they are scum. I'm going to go through the thread a few more times and see if I find something else before I decide who to place a vote on.
I don't think I mentioned in my introduction post that I have school on weekdays and work on weekends which is why I've been a bit spotty. I haven't been able to get on long enough to form a solid opinion and put it into words. I don't have school tomorrow and I'm completely caught up in my schoolwork so I'll make up for my recent inactivity this week starting now.

I don't have any strong reads yet but I can agree that @Spectraldragon's post about their role to be a bit odd. I don't really think it's worthy of a lynch but it's still a strange way to answer the question.
SpectralDragon wrote on 2017-05-21:
My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun.

That's the only thing I've seen so far that I have really felt was out of the ordinary but their defences seem fine and I don't really think they are scum.

I'm going to go through the thread a few more times and see if I find something else before I decide who to place a vote on.
tumblr_px5tx30YX41ta9vl4o2_500.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 70 71