Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 70 71
[quote name="@SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 13:06:42] Oh, sorry! I guess I can expand on that, if you want. IMO, people who are truly inactives are what modkills/mod replacements are for. If you don't do anything, the mod gets you. As for lurkers, that's still not necessarily sus but still awkward for everyone. Especially if they seem like they're not actually making any effort to play the game (although I probably can't talk since people seem to think that I'm not putting in any effort right now :C ). I'm never able to tell if I actually think they're suspicious or if I want to find them suspicious because they annoy me, though. [/quote] Further elaboration: why isn't that necessarily sus to you? [quote name="SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 13:14:47] In my defense, I think we were drafting at about the same time. I took a very long time to edit that one, I wasn't actually quite sure how much to say. Shorter seemed better, there. Also, I wasn't (and still am not) entirely sure how to respond to that post. I feel like going "yeah okay I'll try to talk more" is neither effective nor helpful. And saying that I don't like that people are immediately bandwagoning off of two (I think) posts isn't exactly unbiased in this circumstance, considering that I'm the one being bandwagoned upon! (help how do verb noun) I'm about as observant as a dead snail. I know that I have a problem with putting useful informations in my posts. I highly doubt that I've gotten much better after playing two forum-style games. I understand that someone might find it sus when I'm just being stupid. What I don't particularly like is that people seem to be sheeple-ing onto the first bandwagon they found (especially considering that I'm not scum, but I don't blame anyone for not believing that right now). [/quote] Agreed with the shorter seeming better, there. Why did it take so long to edit? (If you can elaborate on that [I]without[/I] any role info?) [quote name="SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 13:19:46] @/Leremis and @/Imraldera (not sure if I should ping, so gonna ping) are bothering me right now. The fact that Bagel (not pinging since I'm not sus) is immediately scumhunting is a good thing! The fact that Leremis and Imraldera immediately hopped on the bandwagon without seeming to do any scumhunting of their own pings my radar big time, and that would hold true even if the bandwagon they were pushing for wasn't me. Since this game gives maf a kill if we don't lynch, either of those two would be fine by me. [/quote] I like your reasoning here. Getting to their replies in a minute in separate posts, but how do you feel about their responses to this? Why? [quote name="SpectralDragon" date=2017-05-21 14:05] @/Imraldera Alright, that's a fair explanation. And I feel you on the not having strong reads D1, I have trouble with that too! Since you and blanket were both scumreading me based off of post length info, I'll try to keep it longer for everyone to get what they need from it from now on. Although now I wonder if, given that scum gets a confirmed kill if we don't lynch, their tactic is to just be inactive and wait for us to lynch ourselves... I don't like that idea much. I hate mislynching, I always feel like a mislynch is a failure. @/Leremis My role in MMM was actually pretty stressful, and not one that I was very well-suited for. I'm pretty glad to have a role that, to put it gently, I actually know how to use. I didn't even realize that it would sound odd without that context. @/blanketgender I still found the immediate leap on the bandwagon without providing any new information to be a little too close to deciding to lynch without anything else, although I didn't realize that you were the only one who actually put a vote down! You make a good point, though. Thank you for being transparent! I'd have been pretty confused when I looked at the lynch threads otherwise. I understand your choice and the reasoning behind it. [/quote] This reads town pov--trying to assess potential scum motivation, reminding why we can't afford to not lynch. Overall leaning more toward town on Spec--liking the more detailed thought process (keep that up!), tone seems good, and I’m feeling the town pov. Fits meta from previous games too. Not wanting to vote here today.
@SpectralDragon wrote on 2017-05-21:
Oh, sorry! I guess I can expand on that, if you want. IMO, people who are truly inactives are what modkills/mod replacements are for. If you don't do anything, the mod gets you.

As for lurkers, that's still not necessarily sus but still awkward for everyone. Especially if they seem like they're not actually making any effort to play the game (although I probably can't talk since people seem to think that I'm not putting in any effort right now :C ). I'm never able to tell if I actually think they're suspicious or if I want to find them suspicious because they annoy me, though.

Further elaboration: why isn't that necessarily sus to you?

SpectralDragon wrote on 2017-05-21:

In my defense, I think we were drafting at about the same time. I took a very long time to edit that one, I wasn't actually quite sure how much to say. Shorter seemed better, there.

Also, I wasn't (and still am not) entirely sure how to respond to that post. I feel like going "yeah okay I'll try to talk more" is neither effective nor helpful. And saying that I don't like that people are immediately bandwagoning off of two (I think) posts isn't exactly unbiased in this circumstance, considering that I'm the one being bandwagoned upon! (help how do verb noun)

I'm about as observant as a dead snail. I know that I have a problem with putting useful informations in my posts. I highly doubt that I've gotten much better after playing two forum-style games. I understand that someone might find it sus when I'm just being stupid. What I don't particularly like is that people seem to be sheeple-ing onto the first bandwagon they found (especially considering that I'm not scum, but I don't blame anyone for not believing that right now).

Agreed with the shorter seeming better, there. Why did it take so long to edit? (If you can elaborate on that without any role info?)

@/Leremis and @/Imraldera (not sure if I should ping, so gonna ping) are bothering me right now. The fact that Bagel (not pinging since I'm not sus) is immediately scumhunting is a good thing! The fact that Leremis and Imraldera immediately hopped on the bandwagon without seeming to do any scumhunting of their own pings my radar big time, and that would hold true even if the bandwagon they were pushing for wasn't me. Since this game gives maf a kill if we don't lynch, either of those two would be fine by me.

I like your reasoning here. Getting to their replies in a minute in separate posts, but how do you feel about their responses to this? Why?

@/Imraldera

Alright, that's a fair explanation. And I feel you on the not having strong reads D1, I have trouble with that too! Since you and blanket were both scumreading me based off of post length info, I'll try to keep it longer for everyone to get what they need from it from now on.

Although now I wonder if, given that scum gets a confirmed kill if we don't lynch, their tactic is to just be inactive and wait for us to lynch ourselves... I don't like that idea much. I hate mislynching, I always feel like a mislynch is a failure.

@/Leremis

My role in MMM was actually pretty stressful, and not one that I was very well-suited for. I'm pretty glad to have a role that, to put it gently, I actually know how to use. I didn't even realize that it would sound odd without that context.

@/blanketgender

I still found the immediate leap on the bandwagon without providing any new information to be a little too close to deciding to lynch without anything else, although I didn't realize that you were the only one who actually put a vote down! You make a good point, though.

Thank you for being transparent! I'd have been pretty confused when I looked at the lynch threads otherwise. I understand your choice and the reasoning behind it.

This reads town pov--trying to assess potential scum motivation, reminding why we can't afford to not lynch.

Overall leaning more toward town on Spec--liking the more detailed thought process (keep that up!), tone seems good, and I’m feeling the town pov. Fits meta from previous games too. Not wanting to vote here today.
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
@JoYoon pffft, i misread. i thought you were saying you asked the question so that people would be suspicious of you for asking the question, thereby stimulating discussion. [quote]...May I ask you something? Are you asking these sorts of questions (the question you asked BerryBagel about investigative roles, and the questions you're asking me about my question) because you want to get some insight on people's motives, because you need clarification, or for some other reason?[/quote] yes, yes, and yes. i ask people for clarification on things because what they answer provides some insight into what kind of POV they're approaching the game with, which helps me get a better read on them. the motivation behind posting something matters. when people seem to be approaching things from a non-town POV, i try to ask them way, and then get a better idea from what they answer. also, sometimes i just don't think of town reasoning for something, and asking for clarification helps clear people as well. x_x it's also the fact that pushing people on topics encourages them to speak more about a topic i may be iffy on, and if they're scum, it's more likely that they'll slip that way.
@JoYoon pffft, i misread. i thought you were saying you asked the question so that people would be suspicious of you for asking the question, thereby stimulating discussion.
Quote:
...May I ask you something? Are you asking these sorts of questions (the question you asked BerryBagel about investigative roles, and the questions you're asking me about my question) because you want to get some insight on people's motives, because you need clarification, or for some other reason?
yes, yes, and yes.

i ask people for clarification on things because what they answer provides some insight into what kind of POV they're approaching the game with, which helps me get a better read on them. the motivation behind posting something matters. when people seem to be approaching things from a non-town POV, i try to ask them way, and then get a better idea from what they answer. also, sometimes i just don't think of town reasoning for something, and asking for clarification helps clear people as well. x_x

it's also the fact that pushing people on topics encourages them to speak more about a topic i may be iffy on, and if they're scum, it's more likely that they'll slip that way.
LUZk8tY.png
Alright, I'm voting for @Raya36.

The more the conversation between @blanketgender and @JoYoon carries on, the more I get the vibe that JoYoon is an inexperienced player, which is what's causing the inconsistencies, rather than maf.
Alright, I'm voting for @Raya36.

The more the conversation between @blanketgender and @JoYoon carries on, the more I get the vibe that JoYoon is an inexperienced player, which is what's causing the inconsistencies, rather than maf.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
Well, solid answer on @blanketgender's part, I guess.

@BerryBagel Yeah, this is one of my first games of forum mafia. I'd like to know though, what "inconsistencies" are you referring to?

Well, solid answer on @blanketgender's part, I guess.

@BerryBagel Yeah, this is one of my first games of forum mafia. I'd like to know though, what "inconsistencies" are you referring to?

WIP
@Tsaiah

I notice you have another lengthy post here in which you ultimately decide- town. My question and source of suspicion is why would you choose to focus on people you think are town a half hour before we need to have someone lynched.
@Tsaiah

I notice you have another lengthy post here in which you ultimately decide- town. My question and source of suspicion is why would you choose to focus on people you think are town a half hour before we need to have someone lynched.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
Hoooly, I didn't realize it was so close to lockdown. I'm going to do a quick reread of the thread and then place a vote.
Hoooly, I didn't realize it was so close to lockdown. I'm going to do a quick reread of the thread and then place a vote.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
Gonna switch my vote to Raya because we need a vote and at this point, neither @Tsaiah or @JoYoon look inclined to vote and that's not pleasing my scum radar.
Gonna switch my vote to Raya because we need a vote and at this point, neither @Tsaiah or @JoYoon look inclined to vote and that's not pleasing my scum radar.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
what is up with the large crowd of people who evidently want to die
what is up with the large crowd of people who evidently want to die
LUZk8tY.png
[quote name="JoYoon" date=2017-05-20 23:28:34] Do you like your role? [/quote] I think it's interesting, especially with the different set up from what I'm used to. @BerryBagel I understand how that could look a little like I was laying low. I probably should have worded it a bit better but I wasn't trying to brush it off with those last couple sentences. I was trying to put up a read on the player who seemed to be getting the most attention at the time. Overall I got a neutral read. I wanted to acknowledge the fact that their post about their role came off as odd but their defences in responce to the attention the post seemed genuine which is why I am not leaning mafia for them. At the moment they are the only read I have that isn't town or leaning town which is why I will be placing my vote for them. @Leremis @blanketgender [quote name="Raya36" date=2017-05-21 14:35:22] I don't think I mentioned in my introduction post that I have school on weekdays and work on weekends which is why I've been a bit spotty. I haven't been able to get on long enough to form a solid opinion and put it into words. I don't have school tomorrow and I'm completely caught up in my schoolwork so I'll make up for my recent inactivity this week starting now.[/quote]
JoYoon wrote on 2017-05-20:
Do you like your role?
I think it's interesting, especially with the different set up from what I'm used to.

@BerryBagel
I understand how that could look a little like I was laying low. I probably should have worded it a bit better but I wasn't trying to brush it off with those last couple sentences. I was trying to put up a read on the player who seemed to be getting the most attention at the time. Overall I got a neutral read. I wanted to acknowledge the fact that their post about their role came off as odd but their defences in responce to the attention the post seemed genuine which is why I am not leaning mafia for them. At the moment they are the only read I have that isn't town or leaning town which is why I will be placing my vote for them.

@Leremis @blanketgender
Raya36 wrote on 2017-05-21:
I don't think I mentioned in my introduction post that I have school on weekdays and work on weekends which is why I've been a bit spotty. I haven't been able to get on long enough to form a solid opinion and put it into words. I don't have school tomorrow and I'm completely caught up in my schoolwork so I'll make up for my recent inactivity this week starting now.
tumblr_px5tx30YX41ta9vl4o2_500.gif
@Tsaiah

Lurkers are not necessarily sus because sometimes, people just forget. Or that's how they play the game, even if it's an annoying and not very helpful way to play. Or they only have time for a few things and they just can't/decide not to prioritize reading a bunch of forum posts and making informed opinions. I think that if they're choosing to play the game this way on purpose, then regardless of whether or not they're town it's annoying and a bad idea. But sometimes stuff just happens.

It took so long to edit because a) I kept oversharing and b) because I was multitasking and studying for the Japanese final at the same time. Pro tip: do not language multitask. It's bad.

I like @Leremis' reply less than I liked @Imraldera's, but I didn't dislike even Ler's enough to feel keen on calling a lynch. It felt to me as though Ler was trying to back off without entirely taking responsibility for jumping on the bandwagon without offering more proof, but considering that neither of them ever actually put in a vote, I will acknowledge that my grumpy feeling there may just be pure Spec Bias. With Imraldera, it seemed more like they made an impulsive decision because they're anxious about the consequences of not having a lynch and didn't have any better reads, which I find understandable.
@Tsaiah

Lurkers are not necessarily sus because sometimes, people just forget. Or that's how they play the game, even if it's an annoying and not very helpful way to play. Or they only have time for a few things and they just can't/decide not to prioritize reading a bunch of forum posts and making informed opinions. I think that if they're choosing to play the game this way on purpose, then regardless of whether or not they're town it's annoying and a bad idea. But sometimes stuff just happens.

It took so long to edit because a) I kept oversharing and b) because I was multitasking and studying for the Japanese final at the same time. Pro tip: do not language multitask. It's bad.

I like @Leremis' reply less than I liked @Imraldera's, but I didn't dislike even Ler's enough to feel keen on calling a lynch. It felt to me as though Ler was trying to back off without entirely taking responsibility for jumping on the bandwagon without offering more proof, but considering that neither of them ever actually put in a vote, I will acknowledge that my grumpy feeling there may just be pure Spec Bias. With Imraldera, it seemed more like they made an impulsive decision because they're anxious about the consequences of not having a lynch and didn't have any better reads, which I find understandable.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 70 71