Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [The Doll Factory] Courtroom
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@StormDreamer
You're missing out on some great action here...

@anika
What does Mr. Hedgehog have to say in response to this post?
@StormDreamer
You're missing out on some great action here...

@anika
What does Mr. Hedgehog have to say in response to this post?
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
@Nerasis
I knowww I regret dropping out now this sounds really fun *cries*
@Nerasis
I knowww I regret dropping out now this sounds really fun *cries*
jghAv2V.png
Geez this sounds like so much fun ahhhh
I wanna join the GIF battle

@anika if you haven't found a replacement for me yet then can I uh, rejoin?
Geez this sounds like so much fun ahhhh
I wanna join the GIF battle

@anika if you haven't found a replacement for me yet then can I uh, rejoin?
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="@Moonwater" date=2016-11-03 07:22:36] I did make the assumption to pick up and stroke Mr. Hedgehog in an effort to calm him down. But the moment he expressed distress, I did what you do with your cats, and [b]I put him back down. [/b] [/quote] See, that's where you're wrong. [quote name="Moonwater" date=2016-10-30 18:06:21] I apologize profusely to the hedgehog and let in shower in peace, though I continue holding the shower. [/quote] You didn't put the shower back down, but continued to hold onto it even when the hedgehog displayed distress. You then brought the poor thing back to your room and instead of returning it or simply putting the hedgehog back on the floor. Plus, in the situation that you described, it didn't sound much to me like Mr. Hedgehog was given a choice in the matter until he bravely spoke out and asked to leave. It sounds, to me personally, like you took him back to your room to keep him as a pet without his consent. Again, although you meant no real harm, Mr. Hedgehog still felt as if harm had been done onto him. I'll use an example. Say you broke into someone's house, used their bathroom, and then left. You did not harm them in anyway, but the residents will still be sacred and paranoid that you used their house without their permission, and also trespassed into an area in which you did not belong. You did not mean harm, you just needed to relieve yourself, but in the court of law, you have still caused harm onto the person and your intent is irrelevant. You make a point on Mr. Hedgehog not pay taxes on the land, but I used adverse possession as a way of saying that, even if he has not followed the laws of the government, he can still be considered an owner of the property. To make matters on this more clear, @anika Is Mr. Hedgehog a legal resident of this establishment? Is he a guest that had been invited to live here by the owner?
@Moonwater wrote on 2016-11-03:
I did make the assumption to pick up and stroke Mr. Hedgehog in an effort to calm him down. But the moment he expressed distress, I did what you do with your cats, and I put him back down.
See, that's where you're wrong.
Moonwater wrote on 2016-10-30:
I apologize profusely to the hedgehog and let in shower in peace, though I continue holding the shower.

You didn't put the shower back down, but continued to hold onto it even when the hedgehog displayed distress. You then brought the poor thing back to your room and instead of returning it or simply putting the hedgehog back on the floor. Plus, in the situation that you described, it didn't sound much to me like Mr. Hedgehog was given a choice in the matter until he bravely spoke out and asked to leave. It sounds, to me personally, like you took him back to your room to keep him as a pet without his consent.

Again, although you meant no real harm, Mr. Hedgehog still felt as if harm had been done onto him. I'll use an example. Say you broke into someone's house, used their bathroom, and then left. You did not harm them in anyway, but the residents will still be sacred and paranoid that you used their house without their permission, and also trespassed into an area in which you did not belong. You did not mean harm, you just needed to relieve yourself, but in the court of law, you have still caused harm onto the person and your intent is irrelevant.

You make a point on Mr. Hedgehog not pay taxes on the land, but I used adverse possession as a way of saying that, even if he has not followed the laws of the government, he can still be considered an owner of the property. To make matters on this more clear,

@anika
Is Mr. Hedgehog a legal resident of this establishment? Is he a guest that had been invited to live here by the owner?

@Nerasis @Moonwater @luxmold

Mr. Hedgehog has lived above the kitchen ceiling for 5 years now. He is a citizen of the Rodent's Republic. He pays taxes to the federal government, as well as to the city of Brookshire. The former manager of the factory, Ezekiel Imotal, allowed the critters of Brookshire to stay so long as they didn't steal food from the factory or cause any trouble.
@Nerasis @Moonwater @luxmold

Mr. Hedgehog has lived above the kitchen ceiling for 5 years now. He is a citizen of the Rodent's Republic. He pays taxes to the federal government, as well as to the city of Brookshire. The former manager of the factory, Ezekiel Imotal, allowed the critters of Brookshire to stay so long as they didn't steal food from the factory or cause any trouble.
@anika
...Are you ignoring me?
@anika
...Are you ignoring me?
@Nerasis

No. what do you want?
@Nerasis

No. what do you want?
@anika
It seems like you haven't been answering my questions here lately :/
@anika
It seems like you haven't been answering my questions here lately :/
Wait Who's Mr Hedgehog >.<
Wait Who's Mr Hedgehog >.<
iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.png
Looking for voice acting opportunities
Oh, a court proceeding! How did miss out on this :'(

@Moonwater made an excellent and eloquent point about the power of assumptions and the strength of schemas. However, that does not negate the potency of their actions. We aren't here to talk psych shop, but deliver a verdict on what has actually transpired.

That all being said...this is not a normal situation that we are in. Locked in this doll factory as we are, we cannot conclusively say where we are, nor what laws should apply. Furthermore, I don't believe any of us--except for probably Mr. Hedgehog himself--are versed in the nuances of hedgehog law, or rodent law, or whatever branch of law it is that non-humans use. I think that the abnormality of this case and its environment should be taken into consideration when we decide Moonwater's punishment.

If we're talking verdict, obviously, Moonwater is guilty. But I think that a harsh punishment will do none of us any good. I think the best punishment will be one that repays Mr. Hedgehog in some form, because it seems apparent that Moonwater has learned her lesson. Maybe repairing his home and shower, or building him a brand-new hedgehog mansion. Maybe a wealthy offering of food. Maybe a confiscation of their key, if they have one, so that she too may know what it feels like to have her privacy violated. If anyone has any ideas of a punishment, please ping me and probably the others so we can think of something reasonable.

@anika @beheaded @bluealphyn885
Oh, a court proceeding! How did miss out on this :'(

@Moonwater made an excellent and eloquent point about the power of assumptions and the strength of schemas. However, that does not negate the potency of their actions. We aren't here to talk psych shop, but deliver a verdict on what has actually transpired.

That all being said...this is not a normal situation that we are in. Locked in this doll factory as we are, we cannot conclusively say where we are, nor what laws should apply. Furthermore, I don't believe any of us--except for probably Mr. Hedgehog himself--are versed in the nuances of hedgehog law, or rodent law, or whatever branch of law it is that non-humans use. I think that the abnormality of this case and its environment should be taken into consideration when we decide Moonwater's punishment.

If we're talking verdict, obviously, Moonwater is guilty. But I think that a harsh punishment will do none of us any good. I think the best punishment will be one that repays Mr. Hedgehog in some form, because it seems apparent that Moonwater has learned her lesson. Maybe repairing his home and shower, or building him a brand-new hedgehog mansion. Maybe a wealthy offering of food. Maybe a confiscation of their key, if they have one, so that she too may know what it feels like to have her privacy violated. If anyone has any ideas of a punishment, please ping me and probably the others so we can think of something reasonable.

@anika @beheaded @bluealphyn885
1 2 3 4 5 6 7