Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Recipe Contest-CLOSED!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15
The contest's deadline is 23:59 FR time, right?
The contest's deadline is 23:59 FR time, right?
r1.pngr3.pngr2.png
[b]Entrant Name:[/b] whamm [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] A cheesy mix of broccoli and mushrooms, the recipe is great as a side dish or the main course! [u]Ingredients:[/u] 2 bags of frozen broccoli (10lb) or 1 head of fresh broccoli (cut into florets) 1 onion, chopped 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (10 ounces) 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese 1 1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese 2 eggs 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon paprika In a large saucepan, or a couple saucepans, bring the broccoli and half the chopped onion to boiling. Reduce heat and cover for 6-8 minutes until crisp-tender. Meanwhile sauté the mushrooms and the rest of the onion in a skillet. Set aside when finished. In a large bowl mix the eggs, the soup, the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup of the sharp cheddar, pepper and paprika. Stir the mixture. Add the sautéed mushrooms, stir. Add the broccoli (drained) and stir. Add everything to an 11x7in baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining sharp cheddar on the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/rogue373/32d04140-6658-4b40-a323-1e6a66ed2785.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/rogue373/51095b15-2d8f-466f-baa9-f65a73284b64.jpg[/img] [I]The dogs are hungry![/I]
Entrant Name: whamm
Name of Entry: Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole
Recipe and Description: A cheesy mix of broccoli and mushrooms, the recipe is great as a side dish or the main course!

Ingredients:
2 bags of frozen broccoli (10lb) or 1 head of fresh broccoli (cut into florets)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (10 ounces)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika

In a large saucepan, or a couple saucepans, bring the broccoli and half the chopped onion to boiling. Reduce heat and cover for 6-8 minutes until crisp-tender.

Meanwhile sauté the mushrooms and the rest of the onion in a skillet. Set aside when finished.

In a large bowl mix the eggs, the soup, the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup of the sharp cheddar, pepper and paprika. Stir the mixture. Add the sautéed mushrooms, stir. Add the broccoli (drained) and stir.

Add everything to an 11x7in baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining sharp cheddar on the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):

32d04140-6658-4b40-a323-1e6a66ed2785.jpg
51095b15-2d8f-466f-baa9-f65a73284b64.jpg
The dogs are hungry!
@Starshina24 I can't get your picture to work properly, any chance you could try it again?
@Starshina24 I can't get your picture to work properly, any chance you could try it again?
vSxK3u9.png
@Vauvenal Correct, anything submitted before rollover tonight will be considered for the contest. I'll probably actually be asleep, but 23:59 is the latest timestamp we'll accept.
@Vauvenal Correct, anything submitted before rollover tonight will be considered for the contest. I'll probably actually be asleep, but 23:59 is the latest timestamp we'll accept.
vSxK3u9.png
@SullenEarth
Okay, thanks.
"Earthshaker's Delight" is still in the fridge. ;)
@SullenEarth
Okay, thanks.
"Earthshaker's Delight" is still in the fridge. ;)
r1.pngr3.pngr2.png
@SullenEarth [b]ookamisoulreaper:[/b] [b]Pumpkin Crunch:[/b] [b]A very popular holiday food here in Hawaii (can be considered earthy or desert):[/b] Warning: Pictures are large 1 box yellow cake mix 1 Can pumpkin (15 oz.) 1 Can evaporated milk (12 oz.) 3 each large eggs 1 Cup sugar 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 1⁄2 Teaspoon Salt 1 Cup chopped pecans 2 sticks butter, melted Grease bottom of 9x13 pan, placing a piece of parchment or wax paper on the bottom of the pan. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Mix well, pour into pan, and sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans, drizzle melted butter over top, and bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. When cool, loosen pumpkin crunch from side of pan with a knife. Invert pan onto platter (the top becomes the crust). (Top with whipped cream. -optional) [img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/333/5/4/wp_20141129_001_by_ookamisoulreaper-d8830pp.jpg[/img] [img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/333/b/6/wp_20141129_002_by_ookamisoulreaper-d8830r3.jpg[/img] Now, when we made it, we used hazelnuts instead of pecans and forgot the cinnamon, but it's still really good!
@SullenEarth
ookamisoulreaper:
Pumpkin Crunch:
A very popular holiday food here in Hawaii (can be considered earthy or desert):
Warning: Pictures are large

1 box yellow cake mix
1 Can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 Can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
3 each large eggs
1 Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1⁄2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup chopped pecans
2 sticks butter, melted

Grease bottom of 9x13 pan, placing a piece of parchment or wax paper on the bottom of the pan.
Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
Mix well, pour into pan, and sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
Top with pecans, drizzle melted butter over top, and bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
When cool, loosen pumpkin crunch from side of pan with a knife.
Invert pan onto platter (the top becomes the crust). (Top with whipped cream. -optional)

wp_20141129_001_by_ookamisoulreaper-d8830pp.jpg

wp_20141129_002_by_ookamisoulreaper-d8830r3.jpg

Now, when we made it, we used hazelnuts instead of pecans and forgot the cinnamon, but it's still really good!
ookamisoulreaper_by_ookamisoulreaper-d9jqlqs.gif
It's the last day to enter, everyone! I hope we'll see a few more yummy recipes before 23:59 FR time ♥♥
It's the last day to enter, everyone! I hope we'll see a few more yummy recipes before 23:59 FR time ♥♥
emeOzA6.png
@SullenEarth [b]Entrant Name:[/b] nika 18918 [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Polish mashed potatoes with wild mushroom sauce [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] These are really two things, but they go very well together, and they made for a nicer picture that way! XD 1: Polish mashed potatoes: (this is actually normally done as pierogi filling, but I'm too lazy half the time!) Boil about six large potatoes. Dice and fry three onions until they're nice and brown and not quite burnt. Mash the potatoes, add the onions, about 8oz of sour cream, half a stick of butter, salt to taste, plenty of black pepper. Mix everything, eat! 2: Wild mushroom sauce: (a traditional Christmas dish at my grandparents' house!) Get about 50 oz of dried wild mushrooms - Bay boletes are my favorite, but Porcini should do almost as well. Rinse them in cold water, then soak overnight. Cook them slowly in the soaking liquid until nice and soft (probably a couple of hours). Dice and fry 2-3 onions, just until they're transparent. Put them into the mushrooms, cook it all together for a while. Add salt to taste. [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]http://images.plurk.com/4Iygwwam2OTJNAHpx2u77G.jpg[/img]
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: nika 18918
Name of Entry: Polish mashed potatoes with wild mushroom sauce

Recipe and Description: These are really two things, but they go very well together, and they made for a nicer picture that way! XD

1: Polish mashed potatoes: (this is actually normally done as pierogi filling, but I'm too lazy half the time!)
Boil about six large potatoes. Dice and fry three onions until they're nice and brown and not quite burnt. Mash the potatoes, add the onions, about 8oz of sour cream, half a stick of butter, salt to taste, plenty of black pepper. Mix everything, eat!

2: Wild mushroom sauce: (a traditional Christmas dish at my grandparents' house!)
Get about 50 oz of dried wild mushrooms - Bay boletes are my favorite, but Porcini should do almost as well. Rinse them in cold water, then soak overnight. Cook them slowly in the soaking liquid until nice and soft (probably a couple of hours). Dice and fry 2-3 onions, just until they're transparent. Put them into the mushrooms, cook it all together for a while. Add salt to taste.

4Iygwwam2OTJNAHpx2u77G.jpg
@SullenEarth

Entrant name: Vauvenal
Name of Entry: Earthshaker's Delight

Recipe and description:
Three flavours of mousse au chocolat with a dash of mint.

Serves 4 hungry Pearlcatchers. I tried.

50 g of each: White, brown and dark chocolate
2 slices of After Eight
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
3 tbsp sugar
200 ml cream
4 tall glasses
optional: 4 pieces of fresh mint

1. Mix 2 tbsp sugar with the egg yolks until the sugar has completely (!!!) dissolved.
2. Beat the egg white until stiff while adding the remaining sugar. Beat the cream until stiff.
3. Melt the chocolate, one bowl per flavour. To the dark chocolate, add the After Eights.
4. Let the chocolate cool just a bit. Then mix 1/3 of the yolk-sugar-mix with each of the chocolates.
5. Using a spoon or similar, carefully (!) mix 1/3 of each the whipped cream and the egg white with the chocolates. Try to make them remain fluffy!
6. Into each of the glasses, put the same amount of mousse. First the white, then the brown, then the dark mousse.
7. If you want to, you can decorate each glass with a bit of fresh mint!
8. Put it in the fridge and let it cool for about 5 hours.

Voíla!

Picture (with name and ID included):

earthshakers_delight_zpsaef72624.png
@SullenEarth

Entrant name: Vauvenal
Name of Entry: Earthshaker's Delight

Recipe and description:
Three flavours of mousse au chocolat with a dash of mint.

Serves 4 hungry Pearlcatchers. I tried.

50 g of each: White, brown and dark chocolate
2 slices of After Eight
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
3 tbsp sugar
200 ml cream
4 tall glasses
optional: 4 pieces of fresh mint

1. Mix 2 tbsp sugar with the egg yolks until the sugar has completely (!!!) dissolved.
2. Beat the egg white until stiff while adding the remaining sugar. Beat the cream until stiff.
3. Melt the chocolate, one bowl per flavour. To the dark chocolate, add the After Eights.
4. Let the chocolate cool just a bit. Then mix 1/3 of the yolk-sugar-mix with each of the chocolates.
5. Using a spoon or similar, carefully (!) mix 1/3 of each the whipped cream and the egg white with the chocolates. Try to make them remain fluffy!
6. Into each of the glasses, put the same amount of mousse. First the white, then the brown, then the dark mousse.
7. If you want to, you can decorate each glass with a bit of fresh mint!
8. Put it in the fridge and let it cool for about 5 hours.

Voíla!

Picture (with name and ID included):

earthshakers_delight_zpsaef72624.png
r1.pngr3.pngr2.png
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: Selinea
Name of Entry: Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe and Description:
I obviously had the same idea as many other people, because what's earthier than mushrooms? Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a cook and I didn't want to ride on my parent's coattails (I had deep fried curry dumplings for Thanksgiving dinner. It's a little like samosas but better), so I had to go with something simple. Without further ado:

12 white button mushrooms
2 tbsp minced onions or 1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
oil
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Wash the mushrooms, and carefully pull out the stems. Set aside the mushroom caps and mince the stems, the garlic, and the onions. Fry the minced mushroom stems, garlic, onion mixture in oil.

Mix the cooked minced mixture with the cream cheese, parmesan, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stuff the creamy stuffing into the mushroom caps. Place stuffed mushroom caps onto either a cookie sheet or individually into muffin cups.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F or 175C until liquid starts forming under the caps.
StuffedMushrooms_zps68bb04d5.jpg
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: Selinea
Name of Entry: Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe and Description:
I obviously had the same idea as many other people, because what's earthier than mushrooms? Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a cook and I didn't want to ride on my parent's coattails (I had deep fried curry dumplings for Thanksgiving dinner. It's a little like samosas but better), so I had to go with something simple. Without further ado:

12 white button mushrooms
2 tbsp minced onions or 1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
oil
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Wash the mushrooms, and carefully pull out the stems. Set aside the mushroom caps and mince the stems, the garlic, and the onions. Fry the minced mushroom stems, garlic, onion mixture in oil.

Mix the cooked minced mixture with the cream cheese, parmesan, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stuff the creamy stuffing into the mushroom caps. Place stuffed mushroom caps onto either a cookie sheet or individually into muffin cups.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F or 175C until liquid starts forming under the caps.
StuffedMushrooms_zps68bb04d5.jpg
water-banner-3_zps9b5f729c.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15