Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Recipe Contest-CLOSED!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
@SullenEarth [b]Entrant Name:[/b] Mirrinaattori (83232) [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Tomato Soup [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] Winter is coming and what's a better way to make you feel happy and warm than a bowl of delicious creamy tomato soup? [b]Ingredients:[/b] * 1000 g tomato puree * 5 garlic cloves * 2 small red onions * 2,5 dl food cream (I used one seasoned with black pepper and cheese. Regular also works just fine) * 1½ dl water * 1 consommé cube [b]Directions[/b] - Chop the onions and sauté in oil - Add tomato puree, consommé cube and water. Let simmer for about 10 minutes - Add food cream and boil briefly - Add any seasoning you would like. I just added a little black pepper - Puree with hand blender until silky (I did this while simmering to save time) - Serve with fresh bread. Enjoy! [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img][URL=http://s46.photobucket.com/user/Nyymi90/media/c735b82b-793c-4b67-987e-608346b57c5a_zpsa1e4ef1d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/Nyymi90/c735b82b-793c-4b67-987e-608346b57c5a_zpsa1e4ef1d.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/img]
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: Mirrinaattori (83232)
Name of Entry: Tomato Soup
Recipe and Description: Winter is coming and what's a better way to make you feel happy and warm than a bowl of delicious creamy tomato soup?

Ingredients:

* 1000 g tomato puree
* 5 garlic cloves
* 2 small red onions
* 2,5 dl food cream (I used one seasoned with black pepper and cheese. Regular also works just fine)
* 1½ dl water
* 1 consommé cube

Directions

- Chop the onions and sauté in oil
- Add tomato puree, consommé cube and water. Let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add food cream and boil briefly
- Add any seasoning you would like. I just added a little black pepper
- Puree with hand blender until silky (I did this while simmering to save time)
- Serve with fresh bread. Enjoy!

Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):
[img][/img]c735b82b-793c-4b67-987e-608346b57c5a_zpsa1e4ef1d.jpg
DmRdZYl.png
@SullenEarth [b]Entrant Name:[/b] arlip [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Butternut Squash Pasta [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] I eyeball a lot of amounts with this, so I am estimating for purpose of this contest! Obviously you can add more or less of things depending on personal tastes. I made this amount for 5 people, and there was enough left over for someone to have for lunch! Aside from chopping the squash, this is super-fast and easy to make! 1 box pasta 1 approx 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, chopped into 1 in squares (6 heaping cups) Bacon (about 8 pieces) (or pancetta, but that is more expensive) 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced (or more if you love garlic) 1 medium onion, chopped 3 cups low sodium chicken stock (veggie stock would work too) Parmesan cheese (about ¼ cup plus more for garnish) Salt and pepper to taste 1. Chop the bacon up and cook until crispy, draining fat as needed. Once cooked, remove to paper towel to pat dry, set aside. Leave a little of the fat in the pan to cook the vegetables. 2. In the meantime, prepare the pasta per box directions. Be sure to reserve about a cup of the pasta cooking water for thinning the sauce later (if you forget to do this, no worries) 2. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant (just a minute or two), then add squash to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion turns translucent. 3. Pour stock into pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 min, until squash is tender enough to be pierced with a fork. 4. Dump squash mixture into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more salt and pepper as needed. 5. Return sauce to pan, add some pasta water if it seems too thick. Add parmesan and stir. Add pasta and toss to coat, warming in the pan until it thickens a bit (only a minute or two). Add more pasta water and/or parmesan as desired for proper consistency. 6. Stir in cooked bacon and serve. Sprinkle on parmesan as desired. You can easily make the squash sauce base (step 4) ahead of time and store in fridge, up to 3 days. You can also freeze the sauce base for up to a few weeks—it defrosts and reheats quickly! [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [url=https://flic.kr/p/qcUrGp][img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7476/15887276155_6a0ff3f93a_n.jpg[/img][/url]
@SullenEarth
Entrant Name: arlip
Name of Entry: Butternut Squash Pasta
Recipe and Description:
I eyeball a lot of amounts with this, so I am estimating for purpose of this contest! Obviously you can add more or less of things depending on personal tastes.
I made this amount for 5 people, and there was enough left over for someone to have for lunch!
Aside from chopping the squash, this is super-fast and easy to make!

1 box pasta
1 approx 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, chopped into 1 in squares (6 heaping cups)
Bacon (about 8 pieces) (or pancetta, but that is more expensive)
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced (or more if you love garlic)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups low sodium chicken stock (veggie stock would work too)
Parmesan cheese (about ¼ cup plus more for garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Chop the bacon up and cook until crispy, draining fat as needed. Once cooked, remove to paper towel to pat dry, set aside. Leave a little of the fat in the pan to cook the vegetables.
2. In the meantime, prepare the pasta per box directions. Be sure to reserve about a cup of the pasta cooking water for thinning the sauce later (if you forget to do this, no worries)
2. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant (just a minute or two), then add squash to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion turns translucent.
3. Pour stock into pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 min, until squash is tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
4. Dump squash mixture into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
5. Return sauce to pan, add some pasta water if it seems too thick. Add parmesan and stir. Add pasta and toss to coat, warming in the pan until it thickens a bit (only a minute or two). Add more pasta water and/or parmesan as desired for proper consistency.
6. Stir in cooked bacon and serve. Sprinkle on parmesan as desired.

You can easily make the squash sauce base (step 4) ahead of time and store in fridge, up to 3 days. You can also freeze the sauce base for up to a few weeks—it defrosts and reheats quickly!

15887276155_6a0ff3f93a_n.jpg
21540618690_69ae1b403a_t.jpg21107556343_406194b5b2_t.jpg16693422127_7cfe264c28_o.png tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png
@SullenEarth [b]Entrant Name:[/b] Medium [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Oreo Milk Shake [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] A nice dessert I often like to make when I'm in the mood for something cold and sweet. :) How much I put in is usually based on how big of a cup I want to put it in, but I'll tell you about what I put in a 12 ounce cup. Proportion the calculations based on the size cup you want the shake to fit into. 3 - 4 Scoops of soft serve vanilla ice cream 4 Tea spoons of Oreo cookie crumbs (You can make easily from a couple Oreos) 1 Tea spoon of vanilla syrup 1/2 Cup of Milk, Cream or Melted Ice Cream (You can use any of them, whichever you prefer.) Whipped cream (Optional, but looks nice!) 1) In the cup or a cup similar in size to the one you want to eat from mix the milk/cream/melted ice cream, 3 spoons of oreo crumbs and the vanilla syrup. 2) Put in on top of that the scoops of vanilla ice cream until the cup is full 3) Blend it all together until it's nice and smooth, and the crumbs are evenly distributed. I used a hand blender, but a regular blender should work fine. 4) Pour into the cup you want to eat from (Unless it is already in it from being hand blended) 5) Swirl on some whipped cream and garnish with 1 teaspoon of sprinkled Oreo crumbs on top! It's pretty easy to make and the measurements don't have to be followed EXACTLY. I usually end up just eyeballing it, myself. Just do whatever tastes best! :) Also sorry for so many pictures, I like photography. Heheh~ [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/DStl7A7.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/9oPphmu.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/La8qawx.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/MS2SRKj.jpg[/img]
@SullenEarth
Entrant Name: Medium
Name of Entry: Oreo Milk Shake
Recipe and Description: A nice dessert I often like to make when I'm in the mood for something cold and sweet. :) How much I put in is usually based on how big of a cup I want to put it in, but I'll tell you about what I put in a 12 ounce cup. Proportion the calculations based on the size cup you want the shake to fit into.

3 - 4 Scoops of soft serve vanilla ice cream
4 Tea spoons of Oreo cookie crumbs (You can make easily from a couple Oreos)
1 Tea spoon of vanilla syrup
1/2 Cup of Milk, Cream or Melted Ice Cream (You can use any of them, whichever you prefer.)
Whipped cream (Optional, but looks nice!)

1) In the cup or a cup similar in size to the one you want to eat from mix the milk/cream/melted ice cream, 3 spoons of oreo crumbs and the vanilla syrup.
2) Put in on top of that the scoops of vanilla ice cream until the cup is full
3) Blend it all together until it's nice and smooth, and the crumbs are evenly distributed. I used a hand blender, but a regular blender should work fine.
4) Pour into the cup you want to eat from (Unless it is already in it from being hand blended)
5) Swirl on some whipped cream and garnish with 1 teaspoon of sprinkled Oreo crumbs on top!

It's pretty easy to make and the measurements don't have to be followed EXACTLY. I usually end up just eyeballing it, myself. Just do whatever tastes best! :) Also sorry for so many pictures, I like photography. Heheh~

DStl7A7.jpg
9oPphmu.jpg
La8qawx.jpg
MS2SRKj.jpg
@staralfur pinging myself so I can find this again! ^^
@staralfur pinging myself so I can find this again! ^^
so many of these look so tasty wow! i'm gonna have to make some of them in the next few months :3 love this contest idea.
so many of these look so tasty wow! i'm gonna have to make some of them in the next few months :3 love this contest idea.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
@SullenEarth [b]Entrant Name:[/b] Fleance [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Stuffed Breakfast Pillars (or pigs in a blanket plus, as I've been calling them, but since it's for a FR contest, I decided to give them a FR-related name!) [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] This is one of my favorite things to make on cold mornings, when I know I need a big breakfast to get me going. It's not the healthiest recipe, or the most diet-friendly, but comfort food is not supposed to be, right c: Also, it's not a very strict recipe, it's very easy to modify it to your needs/preferences/available ingredients. [b]Ingredients:[/b] [LIST] [*]sausages (any kind that's long, thin and not very fatty will work) [*] puff pastry (frozen or freshly made if you're the master chef) [*] sliced cheese (I like to use smoked gouda) [*] tomato paste or mustard (or both) [*] mushrooms [*] red bell pepper [*] dried herbs [*] 1 egg [*] cooking oil [*] dipping sauce of your choice [/LIST] [b]Instructions:[/b] 1. Turn on the oven and pre-heat it to the temperature suggested by puff pastry package. If you're the master chef and you made the pastry yourself, you probably also know the best temperature c: 2. While the oven is heating up, prepare the veggies: slice and sautee the mushrooms, cut the bell pepper into thin strips. 4. When the oven is almost done heating up, take the pastry out of the fridge and cut it into long, thin strips. Mine were about 2cm wide (about 2/3 of an inch) and 20cm long (8 inches). Spread a thin layer of tomato paste or mustard (or both if you like) on the pastry, then sprinkle with herbs (I used dried basil, dried oregano and some cayenne pepper). Then add a layer or cheese, and on top of cheese, alternate mushroom slices and strips of bell pepper. 5. Carefully wrap each strip of pastry around a sausage, trying to avoid overlapping layers of pastry. 6. Brush some beaten egg onto the top of each pillar. Try to make patterns similar to the ones visible on the world map image, fail miserably because egg is apparently not as easy to paint with as it might seem, and just make a thin, even layer. Sprinkle with more herbs. 7. Transfer to a baking sheet, and put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry becomes golden brown. 8. Eat hot with a dipping sauce of your choice! I think they're best with hot sauce or ketchup. [b]Other possible ingredients or modifications: [/b] [LIST] [*]green onion or chives [*]olives [*]bacon [*]jalapenos [*]dried tomatoes [*]cheese can go on top, instead of the egg wash and herbs. In this case, wait till the pastry is almost done baking before you add the cheese, otherwise it may not rise properly. Then keep in the oven untill the cheese melts. [/LIST] [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/6e4qLaE.png[/img] (sorry for LQ picture, I don't have a proper camera and my phone is rather old)
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: Fleance
Name of Entry: Stuffed Breakfast Pillars (or pigs in a blanket plus, as I've been calling them, but since it's for a FR contest, I decided to give them a FR-related name!)
Recipe and Description:
This is one of my favorite things to make on cold mornings, when I know I need a big breakfast to get me going. It's not the healthiest recipe, or the most diet-friendly, but comfort food is not supposed to be, right c: Also, it's not a very strict recipe, it's very easy to modify it to your needs/preferences/available ingredients.

Ingredients:
  • sausages (any kind that's long, thin and not very fatty will work)
  • puff pastry (frozen or freshly made if you're the master chef)
  • sliced cheese (I like to use smoked gouda)
  • tomato paste or mustard (or both)
  • mushrooms
  • red bell pepper
  • dried herbs
  • 1 egg
  • cooking oil
  • dipping sauce of your choice

Instructions:
1. Turn on the oven and pre-heat it to the temperature suggested by puff pastry package. If you're the master chef and you made the pastry yourself, you probably also know the best temperature c:
2. While the oven is heating up, prepare the veggies: slice and sautee the mushrooms, cut the bell pepper into thin strips.
4. When the oven is almost done heating up, take the pastry out of the fridge and cut it into long, thin strips. Mine were about 2cm wide (about 2/3 of an inch) and 20cm long (8 inches). Spread a thin layer of tomato paste or mustard (or both if you like) on the pastry, then sprinkle with herbs (I used dried basil, dried oregano and some cayenne pepper). Then add a layer or cheese, and on top of cheese, alternate mushroom slices and strips of bell pepper.
5. Carefully wrap each strip of pastry around a sausage, trying to avoid overlapping layers of pastry.
6. Brush some beaten egg onto the top of each pillar. Try to make patterns similar to the ones visible on the world map image, fail miserably because egg is apparently not as easy to paint with as it might seem, and just make a thin, even layer. Sprinkle with more herbs.
7. Transfer to a baking sheet, and put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry becomes golden brown.
8. Eat hot with a dipping sauce of your choice! I think they're best with hot sauce or ketchup.

Other possible ingredients or modifications:
  • green onion or chives
  • olives
  • bacon
  • jalapenos
  • dried tomatoes
  • cheese can go on top, instead of the egg wash and herbs. In this case, wait till the pastry is almost done baking before you add the cheese, otherwise it may not rise properly. Then keep in the oven untill the cheese melts.

6e4qLaE.png
(sorry for LQ picture, I don't have a proper camera and my phone is rather old)
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: Schefflera
Name of Entry: Eye of the World
Recipe and Description:
One egg nested in a sweet potato. This is the quick-and-dirty microwave version.

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato -- this will be easier if you don't pick a really skinny one
1 egg
butter
salt

Wash and puncture the sweet potato. Bake for 5 min in the microwave; turn; repeat until soft.
Slit the skin along one side and open up the potato. Mash in butter and salt to taste depending on the size of potato, and shape into a nest inside the skin.
Crack egg into the hollow.
(If you have a very large sweet potato, you may wish to add another egg.)
Salt egg.
Return to microwave in 1-2-minute intervals until the egg white turns white but the yolk remains runny. (Unless you like your eggs more done. This is really a very flexible recipe.)
http://i.imgur.com/7SAk960.jpg
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: Schefflera
Name of Entry: Eye of the World
Recipe and Description:
One egg nested in a sweet potato. This is the quick-and-dirty microwave version.

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato -- this will be easier if you don't pick a really skinny one
1 egg
butter
salt

Wash and puncture the sweet potato. Bake for 5 min in the microwave; turn; repeat until soft.
Slit the skin along one side and open up the potato. Mash in butter and salt to taste depending on the size of potato, and shape into a nest inside the skin.
Crack egg into the hollow.
(If you have a very large sweet potato, you may wish to add another egg.)
Salt egg.
Return to microwave in 1-2-minute intervals until the egg white turns white but the yolk remains runny. (Unless you like your eggs more done. This is really a very flexible recipe.)
http://i.imgur.com/7SAk960.jpg
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: yueppi
Name of Entry: Mushroom and Mince (Rice)
Recipe and Description: Chinese mushrooms cooked with beef mince and served with your favourite carbohydrate, which in my case is rice. Quick and easy, it's my favourite lazy dinner meal!
Ingredients (I tend to eye my measurments so take my measurements as a grain of salt)
  • Dried (Shiitake) Mushrooms (find them in your local Asian grocer, fresh works as well but taste will vary)
  • Dried Woodear or Cloud ear mushrooms (optional- but again local Asian grocer)
    ---
  • 1 sprig of Shallot/Spring Onion/Scallion/this thing has too many names
  • Couple cloves of garlic
  • Chilli (optional)
    ---
  • 500g of minced meat (I used beef)
    ---
  • Oil
  • A good dollop of Oyster Sauce
  • Salt (Optional, only if you think it isn't salty enough but to be honest oyster sauce can be pretty salty)
  • Water (Optional, only if you want a looser sauce; if sauce is too watery then add some flour or use a cornflour water mixture)

1) Re-hydrate your Mushrooms! Do this a couple hours in advance, I did my mushrooms around midday and they're nice and soft my cooking time. Also if you're using wood ear, just 5 or 6 pieces will do because they grow HUGE.
frcontest1_zpsd1e1b521.jpg (I put too much wood ear in and I have leftovers)
2) Cook your carbohydrate (Trust me you can make the sauce while your pasta is boiling)
3) Chop up your Shiitake into strips and Woodear into bite sized bits. Set aside.
4) Finely chop the shallot, garlic and slice the chilli.
frcontest2_zps7cf46a4b.jpg
5) Heat up a pan and add a good amount of Oil.
6) Once the pan is hot, add the shallots, garlic and chilli and fry off until fragrant.
7) Add the mince (I'm assuming the mince is defrosted) and fry till it's cooked, making sure the mince isn't all clumped and clustered into mini meat balls.
8) Add the mushrooms and cook them for a bit.
9) Add the Oyster sauce and coat everything with the sauce.
10) Add Salt and/or water if you wish.
11) Serve on top of chosen carbohydrate. Enjoy!

frfijfisned_zps858a5df0.jpg
@SullenEarth

Entrant Name: yueppi
Name of Entry: Mushroom and Mince (Rice)
Recipe and Description: Chinese mushrooms cooked with beef mince and served with your favourite carbohydrate, which in my case is rice. Quick and easy, it's my favourite lazy dinner meal!
Ingredients (I tend to eye my measurments so take my measurements as a grain of salt)
  • Dried (Shiitake) Mushrooms (find them in your local Asian grocer, fresh works as well but taste will vary)
  • Dried Woodear or Cloud ear mushrooms (optional- but again local Asian grocer)
    ---
  • 1 sprig of Shallot/Spring Onion/Scallion/this thing has too many names
  • Couple cloves of garlic
  • Chilli (optional)
    ---
  • 500g of minced meat (I used beef)
    ---
  • Oil
  • A good dollop of Oyster Sauce
  • Salt (Optional, only if you think it isn't salty enough but to be honest oyster sauce can be pretty salty)
  • Water (Optional, only if you want a looser sauce; if sauce is too watery then add some flour or use a cornflour water mixture)

1) Re-hydrate your Mushrooms! Do this a couple hours in advance, I did my mushrooms around midday and they're nice and soft my cooking time. Also if you're using wood ear, just 5 or 6 pieces will do because they grow HUGE.
frcontest1_zpsd1e1b521.jpg (I put too much wood ear in and I have leftovers)
2) Cook your carbohydrate (Trust me you can make the sauce while your pasta is boiling)
3) Chop up your Shiitake into strips and Woodear into bite sized bits. Set aside.
4) Finely chop the shallot, garlic and slice the chilli.
frcontest2_zps7cf46a4b.jpg
5) Heat up a pan and add a good amount of Oil.
6) Once the pan is hot, add the shallots, garlic and chilli and fry off until fragrant.
7) Add the mince (I'm assuming the mince is defrosted) and fry till it's cooked, making sure the mince isn't all clumped and clustered into mini meat balls.
8) Add the mushrooms and cook them for a bit.
9) Add the Oyster sauce and coat everything with the sauce.
10) Add Salt and/or water if you wish.
11) Serve on top of chosen carbohydrate. Enjoy!

frfijfisned_zps858a5df0.jpg
Hhhh I'm back....
@DragonsChilde pinging myself so I can find it later tonight once I've baked another pecan pie (yesterday I mad 4 pies and two little tarts in 4 hours). It was a huge hit this year, there was only one slice left at the end of the evening and one of my cousins claimed it. Usually it is the least popular pie.
@DragonsChilde pinging myself so I can find it later tonight once I've baked another pecan pie (yesterday I mad 4 pies and two little tarts in 4 hours). It was a huge hit this year, there was only one slice left at the end of the evening and one of my cousins claimed it. Usually it is the least popular pie.
42259923111_7eb839f95b_o.png
[b]Entrant Name:[/b] Cyaneus [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Pumpkin Mousse [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] This recipe is vegan, and as I've never made it with animal products, I'm not sure how a nonvegan version would taste. Omnivores might have to perform a sort of Bizarro World un-veganing sorcery to substitute animal products for some ingredients if they want to be able to eat it. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/nkJWgYp.jpg[/img] Warning: this makes kind of a lot of mousse![/center] [LIST] [*]1 8-ounce package Tofutti or Daiya not-cream-cheese spread (dairy cream cheese might work here??? idk) [*]1 can pumpkin (8 ounces) [*]1/4 cup powdered sugar [*]3/4 cup coconut milk (you might be able to substitute dairy milk) [*]1/2 package powdered vegetable gum (I use Natural Desserts Unflavored Jel, but you could try unflavored gelatin if you are some kind of kitchen wizard) [*]2 t vanilla [*]1.5 t cinnamon [*]0.5 t ginger [*].25 t nutmeg [*].25 t salt [*]sprinkles (optional) (maybe carnivores can substitute bacon bits) [/LIST] 1. Mash up the Tofutti or Daiya really well with a spoon. If you don't get it really creamy and smooth, it will leave lumps in your mousse. Do you want lumps in your mousse?!?! 2. Stir in the coconut milk and try to get it to an even consistency before adding the pumpkin. Then stir it a lot until you're pretty sure there really aren't any lumps. 3. Add all the other stuff except for the sprinkles. Stir that really well. Then put it in the fridge to let the agar jel/vegetable gum set a little bit. It won't have the consistency of jello, but it will make the mousse thicker. Like pudding. 4. You can put it in bowls or baking cups or just eat it out of the mixing bowl! Sprinkles definitely make a baking up of mousse look more festive! [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/A74UXWq.jpg[/img] Thanks for all the recipes, everyone, and thank you to the contest organizers! Edit: I'm so bad at remembering to ping! Sorry @SullenEarth!
Entrant Name: Cyaneus
Name of Entry: Pumpkin Mousse
Recipe and Description: This recipe is vegan, and as I've never made it with animal products, I'm not sure how a nonvegan version would taste. Omnivores might have to perform a sort of Bizarro World un-veganing sorcery to substitute animal products for some ingredients if they want to be able to eat it.

nkJWgYp.jpg

Warning: this makes kind of a lot of mousse!
  • 1 8-ounce package Tofutti or Daiya not-cream-cheese spread (dairy cream cheese might work here??? idk)
  • 1 can pumpkin (8 ounces)
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk (you might be able to substitute dairy milk)
  • 1/2 package powdered vegetable gum (I use Natural Desserts Unflavored Jel, but you could try unflavored gelatin if you are some kind of kitchen wizard)
  • 2 t vanilla
  • 1.5 t cinnamon
  • 0.5 t ginger
  • .25 t nutmeg
  • .25 t salt
  • sprinkles (optional) (maybe carnivores can substitute bacon bits)

1. Mash up the Tofutti or Daiya really well with a spoon. If you don't get it really creamy and smooth, it will leave lumps in your mousse. Do you want lumps in your mousse?!?!

2. Stir in the coconut milk and try to get it to an even consistency before adding the pumpkin. Then stir it a lot until you're pretty sure there really aren't any lumps.

3. Add all the other stuff except for the sprinkles. Stir that really well. Then put it in the fridge to let the agar jel/vegetable gum set a little bit. It won't have the consistency of jello, but it will make the mousse thicker. Like pudding.

4. You can put it in bowls or baking cups or just eat it out of the mixing bowl! Sprinkles definitely make a baking up of mousse look more festive!

A74UXWq.jpg

Thanks for all the recipes, everyone, and thank you to the contest organizers!

Edit: I'm so bad at remembering to ping! Sorry @SullenEarth!
LO37TrB.png tumblr | hatchery
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15