Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | Your Dream/ Project Dragon Search [OPEN]
1 2 3 4
We've all got them - dream dragons, projects, goals, those dragons we're questing after but can't get our hands on because they don't actually exist yet. And we've also all got those dragons we can't get to sell - the weird color combinations, the rare color and marking mixes. We know that somewhere, [i]someone[/i] out there must want these guys, but how do we find them? That's where this thread comes in. This is a service wherein you can post your dream dragons/plans, and people who might have something you're looking for can contact you with dragons you might be interested in that can help you along the way! [b]I'll check this thread frequently and keep an eye out for combinations that might help you - and I hope others using this thread will do the same![/b] [quote=News]I am currently seeking someone to help manage this project - specifically, someone with some spreadsheet skills who can help me with some organizational stuff :) Also shhh I know the thread is ugly I'll make nice graphics for it later. [/quote]
We've all got them - dream dragons, projects, goals, those dragons we're questing after but can't get our hands on because they don't actually exist yet.

And we've also all got those dragons we can't get to sell - the weird color combinations, the rare color and marking mixes. We know that somewhere, someone out there must want these guys, but how do we find them?

That's where this thread comes in.

This is a service wherein you can post your dream dragons/plans, and people who might have something you're looking for can contact you with dragons you might be interested in that can help you along the way!

I'll check this thread frequently and keep an eye out for combinations that might help you - and I hope others using this thread will do the same!
News wrote:
I am currently seeking someone to help manage this project - specifically, someone with some spreadsheet skills who can help me with some organizational stuff :)

Also shhh I know the thread is ugly I'll make nice graphics for it later.
[b]Rules[/b] In order to keep this thing organized and running smoothly, I have a few rules: [indent]1 - You are permitted to create [b]ONE questing post[/b] in the thread. Edit this post to reuse it rather than cluttering the thread with additional posts! This will make it easier for sellers to skim through and see if they have anything to offer you. 2 - Please [b]keep your quest post down to 1-3 dragons[/b], max, at a time. That will make it easier for the thread to load and prevent people from getting overwhelmed. 3 - If you see a dream you can fulfill, [b]please PM them [/b]or otherwise contact them off-thread. That will keep this thread from getting cluttered and out-of-date. [/indent] 4 - Bumping is totally welcome! However, to keep things neat and reduce clutter, [b]please delete your post after bumping[/b] :) [b]Reminder [/b]- you can now link to posts using the icon in the post's upper right corner. So you can use that to link to/save/advertise your wanted post elsewhere throughout the site! -- [b]The Form [/b] So the thread stays tidy, please use this form when posting your dream dragon! You can fill in the relevant data after you copy/paste it into your reserved post :) [code][quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [image placeholder] [nextcol] [quote=] color/color/color gene/gene/gene [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b](color range, gene range, breed range, etc.) [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] (X for finished product, Y for studs/breeding stock, etc.) [b]Other Notes: [/b] (anything else of relevance) [/quote][/code]
Rules
In order to keep this thing organized and running smoothly, I have a few rules:

1 - You are permitted to create ONE questing post in the thread. Edit this post to reuse it rather than cluttering the thread with additional posts! This will make it easier for sellers to skim through and see if they have anything to offer you.

2 - Please keep your quest post down to 1-3 dragons, max, at a time. That will make it easier for the thread to load and prevent people from getting overwhelmed.

3 - If you see a dream you can fulfill, please PM them or otherwise contact them off-thread. That will keep this thread from getting cluttered and out-of-date.

4 - Bumping is totally welcome! However, to keep things neat and reduce clutter, please delete your post after bumping :)

Reminder - you can now link to posts using the icon in the post's upper right corner. So you can use that to link to/save/advertise your wanted post elsewhere throughout the site!

--

The Form

So the thread stays tidy, please use this form when posting your dream dragon! You can fill in the relevant data after you copy/paste it into your reserved post :)
Code:
[quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [image placeholder] [nextcol] [quote=] color/color/color gene/gene/gene [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b](color range, gene range, breed range, etc.) [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] (X for finished product, Y for studs/breeding stock, etc.) [b]Other Notes: [/b] (anything else of relevance) [/quote]
A Quick Guide to Project Breeding - or, "How to Use This Thread"

If you've never bred a project dragon before, here is what you need to know to go about achieving your dream dragon:
--> An offspring's colors will lie anywhere between the parent's on the color wheel. The closer the parents on the wheel, the tighter the range. Therefore, if you're breeding for a particular color, you'll want parents who are as close as possible on either side of the shade you're looking for. You can check the scrying workshop or use a color predictor to identify the range.

--> An offspring's genes and species will depend upon the rarity of the parent's respective genes/species. You can see the relative rarities in this guide. You can use that to your advantage - for example, if you want butterfly (expensive), you can buy one butterfly parent and breed it with a (much cheaper) shimmer dragon for a good chance at butterfly babies.

So when you're questing for a dragon, what you'll need is a pair of dragons with the right color/gene combination to get you as close as possible. You'll breed them and, if necessary, procure another mate for their offspring to try again in the next generation.

Affiliates (and other helpful resources)

- Free Dragon Matchmaking Service
A Quick Guide to Project Breeding - or, "How to Use This Thread"

If you've never bred a project dragon before, here is what you need to know to go about achieving your dream dragon:
--> An offspring's colors will lie anywhere between the parent's on the color wheel. The closer the parents on the wheel, the tighter the range. Therefore, if you're breeding for a particular color, you'll want parents who are as close as possible on either side of the shade you're looking for. You can check the scrying workshop or use a color predictor to identify the range.

--> An offspring's genes and species will depend upon the rarity of the parent's respective genes/species. You can see the relative rarities in this guide. You can use that to your advantage - for example, if you want butterfly (expensive), you can buy one butterfly parent and breed it with a (much cheaper) shimmer dragon for a good chance at butterfly babies.

So when you're questing for a dragon, what you'll need is a pair of dragons with the right color/gene combination to get you as close as possible. You'll breed them and, if necessary, procure another mate for their offspring to try again in the next generation.

Affiliates (and other helpful resources)

- Free Dragon Matchmaking Service
[b]Fenshae's Quests - Currently Seeking: [/b] [quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=14&breed=4&element=8&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=5&auth=5bb3fc45e68efe3e15ef77929013e928cc2eacbb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] xxx silver jupiter/butterfly/glimmer [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b] Anything in the Ice - Gloom range, but the closer the better. Would vastly prefer if I could get the gem genes through breeding but don't mind using a scroll for the Jupiter. [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] Less than 50k for breeding fodder; willing to consider a lot of prices for the finished product. [b]Other Notes: [/b] He's going to be [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=188785&tab=dragon&did=18889250]Euriona's [/url]future mate. Also note: I'm doing no-spend July so I can't buy anybody for a couple weeks XD But if you're willing to hold, that'd be cool too! [b]NOTE: [/b] A friend is holding [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=98824&tab=dragon&did=25277247]this cute lady[/url] for me. Dust/gloom/silver cherub/butterfly/glimmer. If you have a dragon that could breed my dude with her, it'd be perfect! [/quote]
Fenshae's Quests - Currently Seeking:
Dream Dragon wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=14&breed=4&element=8&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=5&auth=5bb3fc45e68efe3e15ef77929013e928cc2eacbb&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
xxx silver
jupiter/butterfly/glimmer

Will Look At: Anything in the Ice - Gloom range, but the closer the better. Would vastly prefer if I could get the gem genes through breeding but don't mind using a scroll for the Jupiter.
Willing to Spend: Less than 50k for breeding fodder; willing to consider a lot of prices for the finished product.
Other Notes: He's going to be Euriona's future mate. Also note: I'm doing no-spend July so I can't buy anybody for a couple weeks XD But if you're willing to hold, that'd be cool too!

NOTE: A friend is holding this cute lady for me. Dust/gloom/silver cherub/butterfly/glimmer. If you have a dragon that could breed my dude with her, it'd be perfect!
Great idea.
Friendly bump!
Great idea.
Friendly bump!
[quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=10&breed=3&element=9&gender=0&tert=56&tertgene=9&winggene=11&wings=50&auth=21ee69a25c5ed370765e8a6649ea238983066afa&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] ivory/sand/chocolate cherub/peregrine/okapi [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b]any breed, heavy pref. towards mirrors! I'm also fine with most secondaries, but I'd really prefer Cherub/Okapi, but I'm willing to overlook those, too. The colors are also negotiable, as long as they're all still in the brown range, with the tert being the darkest! [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] Up to 30k, I think? [b]Other Notes: [/b] He'll be replacing an older member of my lair and will become a permanent B) [/quote]
Dream Dragon wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=10&breed=3&element=9&gender=0&tert=56&tertgene=9&winggene=11&wings=50&auth=21ee69a25c5ed370765e8a6649ea238983066afa&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
ivory/sand/chocolate
cherub/peregrine/okapi

Will Look At: any breed, heavy pref. towards mirrors! I'm also fine with most secondaries, but I'd really prefer Cherub/Okapi, but I'm willing to overlook those, too. The colors are also negotiable, as long as they're all still in the brown range, with the tert being the darkest!
Willing to Spend: Up to 30k, I think?
Other Notes: He'll be replacing an older member of my lair and will become a permanent B)
top_artshop_sm_by_general_ebonrose-dcn6101.png
mid_wishlist_sm_by_general_ebonrose-dcn6105.png
bot_gen1_sm_by_general_ebonrose-dcn610c.png
he/him || ping for a reply
Double Grapefruit collector :>
[quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=4&bodygene=5&breed=10&element=11&gender=1&tert=52&tertgene=8&winggene=0&wings=5&auth=aa5d468a5ee236ba4b718ea60b8ccc13facf522f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] platinum/silver/stone ripple/basic/spines [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b] since there are only ten dragons with her exact colors on the site, i will look at any breed, but wildclaws are heavily preferred. since she is a fire dragon and is currently the element of my clan, i'm willing to look into dragons that can breed to make her. the tightest color range would be orca/platinum/beige for one parent, and silver/dust/taupe for the other, both of which would be common as fodder dragons. please tell me if you find this dragon or any two with the former and latter colors listed. [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] i'm willing to pay 80k for the finished dragon, and 30k each for both parent dragons, both of which must be around her color range. orca/platinum/beige and silver/dust/taupe for the parents are preferred. [b]Other Notes: [/b] she must be fire, she must be female, and i'd prefer it if she were a wildclaw. i'm willing to give her the proper genes if she doesn't already have them. [/quote] [quote=Dream Dragon (2)][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=65&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=11&gender=1&tert=89&tertgene=7&winggene=8&wings=128&auth=711687b97222a8370f07d4d2b12cd4b54dc3e35e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] magenta/grapefruit/cyan iridescent/facet/smoke [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b]since she is a fire dragon and is currently the element of my clan, i'm willing to look into dragons that can breed to make her. the tightest color range would be watermelon/yellow/cerulean and fuchsia/banana/robin. please tell me if you find this dragon or any two with the former and latter colors listed. [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] i'm willing to pay 100k for the finished dragon, and 40k each for both parent dragons, both of which must be around her color range. watermelon/yellow/cerulean and fuchsia/banana/robin for the parents are preferred. [b]Other Notes: [/b] she must be fire, she must be female, and she, or any of her parents [b]MUST[/b] be an imperial. i'm willing to give her the proper genes if she doesn't already have them. [/quote]
Dream Dragon wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=4&bodygene=5&breed=10&element=11&gender=1&tert=52&tertgene=8&winggene=0&wings=5&auth=aa5d468a5ee236ba4b718ea60b8ccc13facf522f&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
platinum/silver/stone
ripple/basic/spines

Will Look At: since there are only ten dragons with her exact colors on the site, i will look at any breed, but wildclaws are heavily preferred. since she is a fire dragon and is currently the element of my clan, i'm willing to look into dragons that can breed to make her. the tightest color range would be orca/platinum/beige for one parent, and silver/dust/taupe for the other, both of which would be common as fodder dragons. please tell me if you find this dragon or any two with the former and latter colors listed.
Willing to Spend: i'm willing to pay 80k for the finished dragon, and 30k each for both parent dragons, both of which must be around her color range. orca/platinum/beige and silver/dust/taupe for the parents are preferred.
Other Notes: she must be fire, she must be female, and i'd prefer it if she were a wildclaw. i'm willing to give her the proper genes if she doesn't already have them.
Dream Dragon (2) wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=65&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=11&gender=1&tert=89&tertgene=7&winggene=8&wings=128&auth=711687b97222a8370f07d4d2b12cd4b54dc3e35e&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
magenta/grapefruit/cyan
iridescent/facet/smoke

Will Look At: since she is a fire dragon and is currently the element of my clan, i'm willing to look into dragons that can breed to make her. the tightest color range would be watermelon/yellow/cerulean and fuchsia/banana/robin. please tell me if you find this dragon or any two with the former and latter colors listed.
Willing to Spend: i'm willing to pay 100k for the finished dragon, and 40k each for both parent dragons, both of which must be around her color range. watermelon/yellow/cerulean and fuchsia/banana/robin for the parents are preferred.
Other Notes: she must be fire, she must be female, and she, or any of her parents MUST be an imperial. i'm willing to give her the proper genes if she doesn't already have them.
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png my name's flynn, he/him or they/them.

B6ve782.gif
[quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=78&bodygene=7&breed=12&element=8&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=11&winggene=7&wings=176&auth=ff4dfb52587f0468ddd1e73326fb1fa6056e5264&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] l spearmint/Elderitch/ Radioactive crysta/Daub /Thylacine [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b] Coatl's that are any of the blues, or Orca, and eithe Crystal or ir orca in color Cherub. THe radioactive Thylacine i like a lot so no change really please. [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] can spend up to 120k Treasure for it. [b]Other Notes: [/b] please leave unnamed and, take your time. i don't care how long it will take. also Male would be liked, but female is ok too. [/quote]
Dream Dragon wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=78&bodygene=7&breed=12&element=8&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=11&winggene=7&wings=176&auth=ff4dfb52587f0468ddd1e73326fb1fa6056e5264&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
l spearmint/Elderitch/ Radioactive
crysta/Daub /Thylacine

Will Look At: Coatl's that are any of the blues, or Orca, and eithe Crystal or ir orca in color Cherub. THe radioactive Thylacine i like a lot so no change really please.
Willing to Spend: can spend up to 120k Treasure for it.
Other Notes: please leave unnamed and, take your time. i don't care how long it will take. also Male would be liked, but female is ok too.

[quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=135&tertgene=10&winggene=0&wings=86&auth=97386808a072c427f5a61a5bc287addc60aeefa0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] white/ruby/periwinkle basic/basic/glimmer [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b](red red range and blue range can be acceptable, genes have to be basic or iri/shim/underbelly or ok, but must be [b]skydancer[/b]) [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] Up to $120kT or 200G for finished product, or 35kT each for breeding pair for studs/breeding stock, etc. [b]Other Notes: [/b] Trying to get a Chibi chibi moon for my Sailor Moon lair so she needs to be as close to this as possible: [center][img]http://www.setsunakou.com/customdolls/smvolks/miniminimoonicon.jpg[/img][/quote][/center]
Dream Dragon wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=135&tertgene=10&winggene=0&wings=86&auth=97386808a072c427f5a61a5bc287addc60aeefa0&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
white/ruby/periwinkle basic/basic/glimmer
Will Look At: (red red range and blue range can be acceptable, genes have to be basic or iri/shim/underbelly or ok, but must be skydancer) Willing to Spend: Up to $120kT or 200G for finished product, or 35kT each for breeding pair for studs/breeding stock, etc. Other Notes: Trying to get a Chibi chibi moon for my Sailor Moon lair so she needs to be as close to this as possible:
miniminimoonicon.jpg
1730e4bd-3c2a-4c61-9691-3439e8b409b7.jpg
Want Radioactive Bogs? Comment on my Userpage to be pinged when they hatch!
[quote=Dream Dragon][columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=8&breed=8&element=7&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=10&winggene=11&wings=127&auth=e663c8e83d6d91bff5ea657ee0fdc186cafa661d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote=] eldritch/blackberry/blackberry vipera/peregrine/glimmer [/quote][/columns] [b]Will Look At: [/b] any colors closer than what i already have. has to have a gem tert. has to be limited or rarer, but i'll look at skydancers [b]Willing to Spend:[/b] ~80k+ for finished or near-finished product, depends on the genes/colors for breeding [b]Other Notes: [/b] this is my[url=http://fr.fintastic.net/?id=20,23,26,25,25,24,1,1] current breeding pair.[/url] [/quote]
Dream Dragon wrote:
dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=8&breed=8&element=7&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=10&winggene=11&wings=127&auth=e663c8e83d6d91bff5ea657ee0fdc186cafa661d&dummyext=prev.png
wrote:
eldritch/blackberry/blackberry
vipera/peregrine/glimmer

Will Look At: any colors closer than what i already have. has to have a gem tert. has to be limited or rarer, but i'll look at skydancers
Willing to Spend: ~80k+ for finished or near-finished product, depends on the genes/colors for breeding
Other Notes: this is my current breeding pair.
previously heavenlyEarth
1 2 3 4