Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | Finished - THANK YOU ALL
1 2 3 4
So... it's funny how things change. When I started this search, as far as I could find, what I really wanted pretty much didn't exist. And I really wanted exactly that and didn't think I'd want to sway from it. So I decided to go the route of trying to breed it. And the FR community proved to be exactly what I'd seen it to be elsewhere: generously and enthusiastically supportive. I deeply appreciate every one of you who agreed to let me use your dragons, or who offered others, or who just bumped out of support. You all have my many thanks. As it happens, when ToxicToucan showed me this boy... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11624288] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/116243/11624288_350.png[/img] [/url] ...even though he wasn't the girl I wanted (I just happen to like the female SD pose more than the male one), I simply couldn't help buying him. It was too perfect. He was exactly my ideal colors, so I figured that though I'd probably still want to buy a smoke or gembond gene for him, I just couldn't pass him up. Once I did that, I still wanted an SD girl. But I started thinking in the direction of mating pairs, and I usually tend to like a little bit of variety in my mating pairs - definitely more than I'd get if I got my carmine/ivory girl from breeding. When I saw this girl (sibling of the boy Panderz shared here)... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11625669] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/116257/11625669_350.png[/img] [/url] and scried her as an SD... though I hesitated over the cost of an SD scroll, ultimately I loved it too much to resist. So... that said, I now have two brilliantly glittery dragons, and I will be able to let the girl I was trying to recreate go without regret (aside from having missed yesterday's carmine+SD bonus :-p. I tried, but I'd forgotten... I'd put her on a nest. :-p), even if I haven't reproduced her exactly. On the one hand, I'm sorry to have particularly pinged so many people for this purpose and then not followed through on the breeding the way I'd intended, but on the other hand, I do figure it means I won't have to tie up other people's dragons and delay any plans there might have been for them. So I'll not end up needing to borrow anyone's dragons. And even though I truly was trying to limit myself to one (and I'll still end up spending a fair chunk on scrolls :-p), I'm really excited about the pair I ended up with. (And who knows, maybe one day I'll end up with the girl I'd originally aimed for, too.) Thank you all so much once again for your support and willingness to help. ---Left for the Record: How it All Started--- So, some time back, I made a mistake. I took a fodder into the Scrying Workshop. I'm sure the door signs are to blame. After all, surely I was looking for the Coliseum Workshop, right? Yes, I'm sure that must be it. ;-) But alas, however it happened, the damage was done. Because I took this girl in the wrong door: [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/96zeavjolz5fbzt/TheOriginalCelestine.png[/img] And soon found... well, this: [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7zqssn29lxg1gfh/CarmineIvorySkydancerGem.png[/img][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x5ckdwfq7g7qlnm/CarmineIvorySmoke.png[/img] That's right. If I was willing to spend a veritable fortune on gene scrolls, she had the potential to become a shining, glittering glory in my lair. (She also, as I found later, got along quite well with [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/342.png[/img].) In an instant of insanity (that lasted another two months), I decided to keep her, intending to eventually re-gene her to reveal the true wonder of her potential. Today, finally, some sense crept back. At first I thought of trying to buy another girl of her same colors with my preferred genes... Fun fact: There have only been two Carmine/Ivory Cry/Fac girls ever... and of those, one is an exalted guardian, and the other is a Noc who looks well-loved aside from being in a mostly-starved lair. :-p So now we get to what I'd like to ask of you fine FR folk. I'd like to try and breed the girl I want. Preferably, I'd like to borrow a couple of dragons for a breeding or two in an attempt to get the girl I'm looking for. Ideally, I'd like to bring both to my nest, since I think Light eyes would look best on this dragon. If you have such a dragon you'd be willing to lend me, I can pay a studding fee, offer your pick of collateral dragon, and allow the parents' owners to split any extra hatchlings once I've taken first pick of the nest. Or in lieu of a studding fee, if you'd be interested in studding any of my dragons, I'd be happy to let you take that as your collateral dragon and offer an exchange of breedings (my one reservation would be with my cry/fac nocs - I'd be willing to stud them, but in their cases, unless I'm borrowing a noc from you, I'd probably want to work out some share in their nests since they're still on the more valuable side and their cool-down is so long). If absolutely necessary, I could buy a pair to breed her, but I'd strongly prefer to borrow so I don't end up with three dragons in my attempt to get one. In my next post, I'll ping a few people who have dragons that I know could probably get me what I want quickly, but I'm happy to hear from people who have other possibilities they'd like to suggest. Now, for specifics (that is, what I'd need in the [i]borrowed parents[/i]): [b]Genes:[/b] Cry/Fac strongly preferred. However, I'm willing to work with Iri and Shim if the parents together give me a chance at the Cry/Fac outcome. For tert, I'm going to be aiming for Smoke or Gembond, depending on the tert color range (see below). [b]Primary Colors:[/b] Carmine strongly preferred, followed by Coral or Red. Magenta or Maroon allowable in the absence of other options. [b]Secondary Colors:[/b] Ivory strongly preferred, followed by Gold or Banana. Sunshine or Lemon allowable in the absence of other options. [b]Tertiary Colors:[/b] I'm more flexible on the tert color. I think either a black-range, red-range, or yellow-range tert could work well. [LIST] [*]For the black-range, I'd be hoping to end up with Charcoal, Coal, Black, or Obsidian and a Smoke tert. [*]For the red-range, I'd be happy with Rust, Tomato, Crimson, Blood, Maroon, Red, or Carmine and either a Smoke or a Gembond tert. [*]For the yellow-range, I'd want Ivory, Gold, or Sunshine with a Gembond tert. [/LIST] Note: While I truly and sincerely appreciate all wishes to aid me in my quest here, since I'm wanting to borrow dragons - and for everyone's sake would prefer to borrow only once - I'm going to stick pretty closely to the color ranges listed above. I might budge to one color farther out on either side of one, but if it's any farther on any of the ranges, I'm probably not going to go for it, either to stud or buy. This is one of those cases where, if I were willing to significantly change the range on one of the colors, I could probably just buy one now and avoid the trouble of a breeding project. Many thanks, however, to anyone wishing me well in getting my baby.
So... it's funny how things change. When I started this search, as far as I could find, what I really wanted pretty much didn't exist. And I really wanted exactly that and didn't think I'd want to sway from it. So I decided to go the route of trying to breed it. And the FR community proved to be exactly what I'd seen it to be elsewhere: generously and enthusiastically supportive. I deeply appreciate every one of you who agreed to let me use your dragons, or who offered others, or who just bumped out of support. You all have my many thanks.

As it happens, when ToxicToucan showed me this boy...

11624288_350.png

...even though he wasn't the girl I wanted (I just happen to like the female SD pose more than the male one), I simply couldn't help buying him. It was too perfect. He was exactly my ideal colors, so I figured that though I'd probably still want to buy a smoke or gembond gene for him, I just couldn't pass him up.

Once I did that, I still wanted an SD girl. But I started thinking in the direction of mating pairs, and I usually tend to like a little bit of variety in my mating pairs - definitely more than I'd get if I got my carmine/ivory girl from breeding. When I saw this girl (sibling of the boy Panderz shared here)...

11625669_350.png

and scried her as an SD... though I hesitated over the cost of an SD scroll, ultimately I loved it too much to resist.

So... that said, I now have two brilliantly glittery dragons, and I will be able to let the girl I was trying to recreate go without regret (aside from having missed yesterday's carmine+SD bonus :-p. I tried, but I'd forgotten... I'd put her on a nest. :-p), even if I haven't reproduced her exactly. On the one hand, I'm sorry to have particularly pinged so many people for this purpose and then not followed through on the breeding the way I'd intended, but on the other hand, I do figure it means I won't have to tie up other people's dragons and delay any plans there might have been for them. So I'll not end up needing to borrow anyone's dragons. And even though I truly was trying to limit myself to one (and I'll still end up spending a fair chunk on scrolls :-p), I'm really excited about the pair I ended up with. (And who knows, maybe one day I'll end up with the girl I'd originally aimed for, too.)

Thank you all so much once again for your support and willingness to help.

---Left for the Record: How it All Started---

So, some time back, I made a mistake.

I took a fodder into the Scrying Workshop. I'm sure the door signs are to blame. After all, surely I was looking for the Coliseum Workshop, right? Yes, I'm sure that must be it. ;-)

But alas, however it happened, the damage was done. Because I took this girl in the wrong door:
TheOriginalCelestine.png
And soon found... well, this:
CarmineIvorySkydancerGem.pngCarmineIvorySmoke.png
That's right. If I was willing to spend a veritable fortune on gene scrolls, she had the potential to become a shining, glittering glory in my lair.
(She also, as I found later, got along quite well with 342.png.)

In an instant of insanity (that lasted another two months), I decided to keep her, intending to eventually re-gene her to reveal the true wonder of her potential. Today, finally, some sense crept back. At first I thought of trying to buy another girl of her same colors with my preferred genes...
Fun fact: There have only been two Carmine/Ivory Cry/Fac girls ever... and of those, one is an exalted guardian, and the other is a Noc who looks well-loved aside from being in a mostly-starved lair. :-p

So now we get to what I'd like to ask of you fine FR folk. I'd like to try and breed the girl I want. Preferably, I'd like to borrow a couple of dragons for a breeding or two in an attempt to get the girl I'm looking for. Ideally, I'd like to bring both to my nest, since I think Light eyes would look best on this dragon. If you have such a dragon you'd be willing to lend me, I can pay a studding fee, offer your pick of collateral dragon, and allow the parents' owners to split any extra hatchlings once I've taken first pick of the nest. Or in lieu of a studding fee, if you'd be interested in studding any of my dragons, I'd be happy to let you take that as your collateral dragon and offer an exchange of breedings (my one reservation would be with my cry/fac nocs - I'd be willing to stud them, but in their cases, unless I'm borrowing a noc from you, I'd probably want to work out some share in their nests since they're still on the more valuable side and their cool-down is so long).

If absolutely necessary, I could buy a pair to breed her, but I'd strongly prefer to borrow so I don't end up with three dragons in my attempt to get one. In my next post, I'll ping a few people who have dragons that I know could probably get me what I want quickly, but I'm happy to hear from people who have other possibilities they'd like to suggest.

Now, for specifics (that is, what I'd need in the borrowed parents):
Genes: Cry/Fac strongly preferred. However, I'm willing to work with Iri and Shim if the parents together give me a chance at the Cry/Fac outcome. For tert, I'm going to be aiming for Smoke or Gembond, depending on the tert color range (see below).

Primary Colors: Carmine strongly preferred, followed by Coral or Red. Magenta or Maroon allowable in the absence of other options.

Secondary Colors: Ivory strongly preferred, followed by Gold or Banana. Sunshine or Lemon allowable in the absence of other options.

Tertiary Colors: I'm more flexible on the tert color. I think either a black-range, red-range, or yellow-range tert could work well.
  • For the black-range, I'd be hoping to end up with Charcoal, Coal, Black, or Obsidian and a Smoke tert.
  • For the red-range, I'd be happy with Rust, Tomato, Crimson, Blood, Maroon, Red, or Carmine and either a Smoke or a Gembond tert.
  • For the yellow-range, I'd want Ivory, Gold, or Sunshine with a Gembond tert.

Note: While I truly and sincerely appreciate all wishes to aid me in my quest here, since I'm wanting to borrow dragons - and for everyone's sake would prefer to borrow only once - I'm going to stick pretty closely to the color ranges listed above. I might budge to one color farther out on either side of one, but if it's any farther on any of the ranges, I'm probably not going to go for it, either to stud or buy. This is one of those cases where, if I were willing to significantly change the range on one of the colors, I could probably just buy one now and avoid the trouble of a breeding project. Many thanks, however, to anyone wishing me well in getting my baby.
On4IJIp.pngPXjp8QF.pngprsdX1I.png
If I've pinged you here, it's because you have a dragon that would be exceptionally useful in helping me breed the baby girl I want. As mentioned above, I'd be willing to work out with you an appropriate studding fee or a studding exchange. My plan is to see which if any of you would be willing to work with me, as well as what other offers I get, and try to choose the pair with the highest likelihood of getting me to my goal with as little gene work as possible (ideally none, but...).

Possible SDs (in each of these cases, one of the dragons I already have permission to use would be suitable for the other parent):
pluie - Your #11358424

Carmine/Ivory Cry/Fac:
Pinch – Your Ulthir
anju007 – Your Redblade

Carmine/Other Cry/Fac:
Seraphinite – Your Heliodor

Other/Ivory Cry/Fac:
Eclipsion – Your Kindle
Nyxie – Your Lust
flutterbug7 – Your #11148123

Willing to loan:
BlindBard – Diaval - Carmine Crystal/ Ivory Facet/ Ivory Underbelly Male Coatl
dewdrop – Persephone Carmine Crystal/ Ivory Shimmer/ Coral Smoke/ Female Imperial
Vichy – #11364772 - Carmine Crystal/ Banana Facet/ Coal Circuit Female Spiral
Ev0lutiv – Rauch - Red Crystal/ Ivory Facet/ Shadow Smoke
Breyers333 – #11354446 - Coral Crystal/ Ivory Facet/ Gold Spines Female Noc
BabyRavage – Saphira - Carmine Crystal/ Ivory Shimmer/ Gold Basic Female Ridgeback
KalikaRowan – Aiden - Carmine Crystal/ Gold Facet/ Maize Smoke Male Imp
Kolster - Halcyonus
Marcomallow - Hisoka

Also: @Galtanaron, for my own reference
If I've pinged you here, it's because you have a dragon that would be exceptionally useful in helping me breed the baby girl I want. As mentioned above, I'd be willing to work out with you an appropriate studding fee or a studding exchange. My plan is to see which if any of you would be willing to work with me, as well as what other offers I get, and try to choose the pair with the highest likelihood of getting me to my goal with as little gene work as possible (ideally none, but...).

Possible SDs (in each of these cases, one of the dragons I already have permission to use would be suitable for the other parent):
pluie - Your #11358424

Carmine/Ivory Cry/Fac:
Pinch – Your Ulthir
anju007 – Your Redblade

Carmine/Other Cry/Fac:
Seraphinite – Your Heliodor

Other/Ivory Cry/Fac:
Eclipsion – Your Kindle
Nyxie – Your Lust
flutterbug7 – Your #11148123

Willing to loan:
BlindBard – Diaval - Carmine Crystal/ Ivory Facet/ Ivory Underbelly Male Coatl
dewdrop – Persephone Carmine Crystal/ Ivory Shimmer/ Coral Smoke/ Female Imperial
Vichy – #11364772 - Carmine Crystal/ Banana Facet/ Coal Circuit Female Spiral
Ev0lutiv – Rauch - Red Crystal/ Ivory Facet/ Shadow Smoke
Breyers333 – #11354446 - Coral Crystal/ Ivory Facet/ Gold Spines Female Noc
BabyRavage – Saphira - Carmine Crystal/ Ivory Shimmer/ Gold Basic Female Ridgeback
KalikaRowan – Aiden - Carmine Crystal/ Gold Facet/ Maize Smoke Male Imp
Kolster - Halcyonus
Marcomallow - Hisoka

Also: @Galtanaron, for my own reference
A bit of a stretch, my Lizaveta is in your color ranges. However, he has basic secondary :O [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8544767] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/85448/8544767_350.png[/img] [/url] Good luck finding the right pair!
A bit of a stretch, my Lizaveta is in your color ranges. However, he has basic secondary :O

8544767_350.png

Good luck finding the right pair!
I have this male Imp that is close to your primary and tertiary ranges (actually, two of them, identical twins): [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11355734] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/113558/11355734_350.png[/img] [/url] I don't have anything in your range of secondaries, unfortunately.
I have this male Imp that is close to your primary and tertiary ranges (actually, two of them, identical twins):

11355734_350.png

I don't have anything in your range of secondaries, unfortunately.
peacesplace-signature.png
Primary is out colourwise, but it'll be crystal, and I can get you ivory facet and banana gembond through this pair [img]http://i.imgur.com/eUx7AAL.jpg[/img]
Primary is out colourwise, but it'll be crystal, and I can get you ivory facet and banana gembond through this pair
eUx7AAL.jpg
O9ckVGr.png
@tstroyerfosho - Thanks for the offer and well-wishes! Tbh, I'll probably be avoiding basic genes if at all possible, especially on one of the gem genes. However, I'll keep him in mind and see what else comes up.

@Peacebone and @serbii - Thanks for the offers! I think I'm going to be holding out for something that'll give me both the primary and secondary colors I'm wanting, though.

Also, re-pinging, since I strongly suspect the ones in the second post didn't go through due to its being an edit of an existing post. Sorry if anyone got pinged twice... @BlindBard @Pinch @anju007 @dewdrop @BabyRavage @Vichy @Seraphinite @Calavera @KalikaRowan @Eclipsion @Ev0lutiv @Nyxie @flutterbug7 @Breyers333 @Galtanaron
@tstroyerfosho - Thanks for the offer and well-wishes! Tbh, I'll probably be avoiding basic genes if at all possible, especially on one of the gem genes. However, I'll keep him in mind and see what else comes up.

@Peacebone and @serbii - Thanks for the offers! I think I'm going to be holding out for something that'll give me both the primary and secondary colors I'm wanting, though.

Also, re-pinging, since I strongly suspect the ones in the second post didn't go through due to its being an edit of an existing post. Sorry if anyone got pinged twice... @BlindBard @Pinch @anju007 @dewdrop @BabyRavage @Vichy @Seraphinite @Calavera @KalikaRowan @Eclipsion @Ev0lutiv @Nyxie @flutterbug7 @Breyers333 @Galtanaron
@Galtanaron @Ev0lutiv (so I don't loose this)
I don't mind lending her out at all, just a bit in a rush right now, gonna write some more later!
@Galtanaron @Ev0lutiv (so I don't loose this)
I don't mind lending her out at all, just a bit in a rush right now, gonna write some more later!
xxx E V Oxfr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.pngxx[German • FR+9]

[ Sales ]x [ Accents ]
xxx RvBwoyc.png
Free bump,you have my full support!
Free bump,you have my full support!
5aoNNRl.gif8Gxf263.gifWCTSwTe.gif
@Galtanaron

Hi!

Diaval is half of one of my only pairs who still sell hatchlings from time to time, so I'd have to ask you to pay for the hatchling (around 50kt or whatever the gem equivalent is right now. I'm not up to date with pricing I'll admit), particularly since coatls have such a long cooldown. If you're okay with that I can lend him out.
@Galtanaron

Hi!

Diaval is half of one of my only pairs who still sell hatchlings from time to time, so I'd have to ask you to pay for the hatchling (around 50kt or whatever the gem equivalent is right now. I'm not up to date with pricing I'll admit), particularly since coatls have such a long cooldown. If you're okay with that I can lend him out.
LkR1s2d.png
@Galtanaron I have a dragon pair on my friend's nest right now, that gets Red Primary/Yellow Secondary/Black Tert, they'll be Nocturnes, but you can breed change them if you wanted to, they hatch in the next few days, but this is what they look like: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9261872] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92619/9261872_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9266926] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92670/9266926_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Galtanaron I have a dragon pair on my friend's nest right now, that gets Red Primary/Yellow Secondary/Black Tert, they'll be Nocturnes, but you can breed change them if you wanted to, they hatch in the next few days, but this is what they look like:

9261872_350.png

9266926_350.png
1 2 3 4