Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Name the Smiling Grinner (closed!)
1 2 3
I've had this dragon for a couple of months now, finally got around to finishing it up... except for its name! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83117759][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/831178/83117759_350.png[/img][/url] It doesn't have any formal lore written yet, but in my mind it is a strange extradimensional being that's like a cosmic trash compactor. It spends most of its time in a deep sleep, with its tail coiled under its belly (mouth closed). The mouth on its belly is similar to a black hole, able to draw in much larger objects at will. I've been tempted to name it Grimace, but that just makes me think of McDonald's :P I'm truly out of ideas, and I would love some help! If I choose a name that you suggest, [b]I'll send you 50g![/b] And if, for some reason, I don't use any of the suggested names, I'll send everyone who submitted 10g. [b]Favorites so far:[/b] Rictus, Sly, Mouth, Cavity, Sneer, Gnash Also, I would love to see your own eyeburners and/or otherworldly weirdos! :D [b]Edit:[/b] I've decided to name it Gnash! Thank you all so much for your help!
I've had this dragon for a couple of months now, finally got around to finishing it up... except for its name!

83117759_350.png

It doesn't have any formal lore written yet, but in my mind it is a strange extradimensional being that's like a cosmic trash compactor. It spends most of its time in a deep sleep, with its tail coiled under its belly (mouth closed). The mouth on its belly is similar to a black hole, able to draw in much larger objects at will.

I've been tempted to name it Grimace, but that just makes me think of McDonald's :P I'm truly out of ideas, and I would love some help!

If I choose a name that you suggest, I'll send you 50g! And if, for some reason, I don't use any of the suggested names, I'll send everyone who submitted 10g.

Favorites so far: Rictus, Sly, Mouth, Cavity, Sneer, Gnash

Also, I would love to see your own eyeburners and/or otherworldly weirdos! :D

Edit: I've decided to name it Gnash! Thank you all so much for your help!
shopbutton-resize-transparent.png
A rictus grin is pretty similar in meaning to a grimace, maybe Rictus would work?
A rictus grin is pretty similar in meaning to a grimace, maybe Rictus would work?
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - she/her
- FR Time
- 21 y/o
- Wishlist
-accents
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
if you wanted something a bit shorter i'm fond of the names sly or coy ! more descriptors but who really understands an otherworldly being
if you wanted something a bit shorter i'm fond of the names sly or coy ! more descriptors but who really understands an otherworldly being
5hF3FGk.png
UqlBGwo.png
[center]A bit of a silly suggestion, but if you combine Smile and Sneer you get [i]Snile[/i] or [i]Snyle[/i]. Here's a cosmic G2 I picked up recently! I think I'll go with this scry for her; I absolutely love her vivid colors and alien vibes. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91079942][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=216&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=69&tertgene=212&winggene=216&wings=152&auth=c76d0db8d30e8bf461083c3725ad77c4c38ab1a7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center]
A bit of a silly suggestion, but if you combine Smile and Sneer you get Snile or Snyle.

Here's a cosmic G2 I picked up recently! I think I'll go with this scry for her; I absolutely love her vivid colors and alien vibes.
dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=216&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=69&tertgene=212&winggene=216&wings=152&auth=c76d0db8d30e8bf461083c3725ad77c4c38ab1a7&dummyext=prev.png
Wow I love it!!

Absolutely haunting concept and a beautiful, beautiful use of the skin! If you ever write it’s lore out more detailed, I’d love a notif somehow :D

As for names, it’s also something I struggle with myself, but I honestly like the idea of a name that doubles as a title? Like a ‘the’ in front wouldn’t be out of place

Something like Devourer or Eater- there’s also something fun about the more out there synonyms; Consumer or Taster or even Gourmet!
Did a quick synonym search on thesaurus, and the idea of naming it Omnivore made me giggle!

I honestly also like just Mouth, dances the line between scary and silly in a way I really like. Maw or Gullet for slightly less silly sounding versions
Wow I love it!!

Absolutely haunting concept and a beautiful, beautiful use of the skin! If you ever write it’s lore out more detailed, I’d love a notif somehow :D

As for names, it’s also something I struggle with myself, but I honestly like the idea of a name that doubles as a title? Like a ‘the’ in front wouldn’t be out of place

Something like Devourer or Eater- there’s also something fun about the more out there synonyms; Consumer or Taster or even Gourmet!
Did a quick synonym search on thesaurus, and the idea of naming it Omnivore made me giggle!

I honestly also like just Mouth, dances the line between scary and silly in a way I really like. Maw or Gullet for slightly less silly sounding versions
myre.jpg
banner.png D2k1h2X.png 63ufpxJ.png
tQMwGmu.jpg eMpX3YA.jpg zAOFE5N.jpg
something like Gourmand(one who enjoys eating) or Cavity(tooth decay) or Hyperdontia(a condition where a person has too many teeth) ?
something like Gourmand(one who enjoys eating) or Cavity(tooth decay) or Hyperdontia(a condition where a person has too many teeth) ?
WBsJuD1.png
i'm bugs
she/they/rot/.com
forum pings make me go ":)"
Oooh lots of great suggestions so far... Rictus is a great word, and I love how Cavity has a double-meaning (tooth decay AND empty space). I'll drop a list of my fave ideas in the main post!

@Onkeip Your girl is so cool! She definitely has alien vibes. And I love gene projects for g2s, they deserve all the love in the world!
Oooh lots of great suggestions so far... Rictus is a great word, and I love how Cavity has a double-meaning (tooth decay AND empty space). I'll drop a list of my fave ideas in the main post!

@Onkeip Your girl is so cool! She definitely has alien vibes. And I love gene projects for g2s, they deserve all the love in the world!
shopbutton-resize-transparent.png
Novo? short for the pain-killer meds they use in dentistry offices. Or possibly even Baile, pronounced like bale.... (inspired by garbage bails and bale (like a plague))
Novo? short for the pain-killer meds they use in dentistry offices. Or possibly even Baile, pronounced like bale.... (inspired by garbage bails and bale (like a plague))
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png
My boyfriend's suggestion was to give them an ironically normal name like Paul or Frank. XD

My suggestion is Singularity, which is the theoretical center of a black hole where matter is crushed.
You can read more about it HERE. :3
My boyfriend's suggestion was to give them an ironically normal name like Paul or Frank. XD

My suggestion is Singularity, which is the theoretical center of a black hole where matter is crushed.
You can read more about it HERE. :3
cYL23Qf.png
Psilocybin, as in the psychedelic compound.
Psilocybin, as in the psychedelic compound.
1 2 3