TOPIC | Abby Alley Lineage Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38
reserved
reserved
T3zoYg9.png 3ZsN3sw.png 65650364.png acecatcher.png fb073p.gif
And we are open! :D
And we are open! :D
New Hatchlings available! [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81404826][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/814049/81404826_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] _______________ Name: Unnamed #81404826 [emoji=normal eyes size=1] Shadow Unusual [emoji=primary gene size=1] White Ribbon [emoji=secondary gene size=1] Moon Basic [emoji=tertiary gene size=1] Turquoise Sparkle [emoji=money bag size=1] 6000 [emoji=gem size=1] 6 _______________ [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81404827][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/814049/81404827_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] _______________ Name: Unnamed #81404827 [emoji=normal eyes size=1] Shadow Common [emoji=primary gene size=1] White Basic [emoji=secondary gene size=1] Moon Hypnotic [emoji=tertiary gene size=1] Lavender Thylacine [emoji=money bag size=1] 6000 [emoji=gem size=1] 6 _______________ [/columns]
New Hatchlings available!

81404826_350.png

Name: Unnamed

Shadow Unusual

White Ribbon
Moon Basic
Turquoise Sparkle

81404827_350.png

Name: Unnamed

Shadow Common

White Basic
Moon Hypnotic
Lavender Thylacine

"Gather around, kids!" Milknsilk called to the hatchlings in the area. Several quickly made their way over, but some fought with themselves, literally in a few cases. She called once more and after a while, all the youngest Aberrations had gathered around their mother.

"Today we are going to learn about balance," one head began, then their other head took over. "Could one of you tell me what you know about it already?"

A hatchling raised a claw. "It's when you try to walk on two legs and don't fall over!"

"Very good!" praised the first head. "Anyone else?"

There were confused murmurs among the hatchlings. One flapped their wings in irritation. "Isn't that all?"

"How about walking on a very thin line?"

"That is balance as well," agreed Milknsilks other head. "What we are asking is if you know any other forms of balance."

When the hatchlings shook their heads, Milknsilk pulled out a brass scale and set it in front of the young ones.

"You see this scale? If I put something on one side, what happens?" they put a small pebble on one scale.

"It tilted!"

"What do you think happens when I put this on there as well?" Milknsilk held up a larger rock.

"It's gonna tilt even more!"

But not only that, placing the rock on the scale made it overbalance and caused the scales to detach from the main frame.

Milknsilk spoke over the chorus of dismay. "This is called overbalancing. You talked about walking on a tightrope and standing on two legs. When you fall, it's because you leaned too much to one side."

They put the scale back together with a few practiced moves.

"And the same can happen when you fight yourself," one head nodded to the other. "Which is why you need to make sure to be balanced-" they began to set small pebbles on the scales, alternating where they put them. "-so you don't hurt yourselves."

"But Merlot is wrong!" shouted one of the Hatchlings, a young drakaina whose heads went by Rose and Merlot.

One of Milknsilks heads nodded. "When I was young, I also thought Silk was wrong about a lot of things," Silk rolled her eyes and added: "And I was convinced Milk was being reckless and misunderstanding me on purpose."

The hatchlings laughed, many of them relating to their own struggles with their other heads.

"This is why we need Prime and Support Sisters and Brothers," Milk said.

"Like this, there can be balance and you can ensure you will not get hurt simply because you cannot get along with yourselves," Silk explained. "Some of you may soon find out who of you is supposed to be the Prime Sibling and who the Support Sibling."

"Can you guess which one I am?" Milk asked.

One of the hatchlings spoke up eagerly. "You are the best mom ever, so you gotta be supportive right?"

Milknsilk chuckled. "While it is true that we are doing our best to be supportive," Silk began. "The role of Support Sister is mine. I'm certain most of you know that Milk is the one to shout encouragements, while I'm the one to sit down quietly with you, correct?"

A few nods.

"As the Support Sister, I am the one who gets to think hard about what to do and say. To give advice to my Prime Sister and all of you little ones."

"And I make sure she gets that time and can concentrate," Milk adds. "You know how some of you still fight over who gets to grab something or walk somewhere in particular? I do all of that on my own most of the time. Silk takes over for me if I am tired or distracted, but aside from Silk's tail, it's my job to make sure we move where and how we want to."

One of the little ones raised a claw jerkily, getting an angry look from their other head. "But that sounds like Silk never gets to do anything!"

Silk shook her head. "I get to watch out for other things. As the Support Sister, I am making sure we are safe. If I see danger - or even just an accident waiting to happen - I move us out of the way, knowing that Milk will always let me and trust that I know something she does not-" a small huff, faux-irritated but still playful, from Milk. "I get to talk a lot, because Milk is very busy doing things, so she stops thinking about the right thing to say."

This got a few chuckles from a portion of the heads in their young audience.

"Maybe some of you already know what role you are supposed to play. Some of you are frustrated, but once you find your balance, you will not only be in far better control of yourselves but also earn your proper name as a whole."

The little Aberration with the names Rose and Merlot raised their claw again. Milknsilk were both already certain what their name would end up being, since they were the oldest of the children in front of them and had already shown obvious signs.

"I think I know already," said Merlot, continuing on after an encouraging nod from Milk. "Rose already flies better than I do. Probably," she rolled her eyes. "because she keeps not letting me try.... But she does let me talk most of the time. Sometimes. You just interrupt me way too often, before I can properly explain something!" she directed the last part at their other half.

"You need to explain better then!"

Milk coughed in a reprimanding manner and Rose's head dipped down a little.

"This is something I had to learn as well. It's hard with how much us Prime Siblings want to get our way, but all of you, Prime or Support, need to learn to listen to each other. This also means talking to each other whenever you can. I am aware this is strange to other dragons, however, but try to do so whenever you get a moment to yourselves. Communication is important, and understanding your other half is part of that balance we need to have."

"What if both of us are good thinkers? Or good do-ers?" one very small hatchling asked.

"It might be a little different for each of you, but that is why you need to talk to each other. Fully settling into your role comes with a little bit of conscious choice. It doesn't always happen naturally. If you feel like either role suits either of you, you will need to make sure you're on the same page. Maybe experiment. We know a few Aberrations who were uncertain and ended up naming themselves before truly settling into their roles. Some kept their hasty naming decisions as a reminder, other changed it again. And again, even. If you end up hating your role, you will always be able to change it. Just make sure to discuss it amongst yourselves first. Some Aberrations even change their roles on a daily basis, so maybe that is an option for you as well. Prime and Support are titles, roles to play, and never set in stone unless you want them to be."
Lore: Prime and Support - Milknsilk's Advice on Balance

"Gather around, kids!" Milknsilk called to the hatchlings in the area. Several quickly made their way over, but some fought with themselves, literally in a few cases. She called once more and after a while, all the youngest Aberrations had gathered around their mother.

"Today we are going to learn about balance," one head began, then their other head took over. "Could one of you tell me what you know about it already?"

A hatchling raised a claw. "It's when you try to walk on two legs and don't fall over!"

"Very good!" praised the first head. "Anyone else?"

There were confused murmurs among the hatchlings. One flapped their wings in irritation. "Isn't that all?"

"How about walking on a very thin line?"

"That is balance as well," agreed Milknsilks other head. "What we are asking is if you know any other forms of balance."

When the hatchlings shook their heads, Milknsilk pulled out a brass scale and set it in front of the young ones.

"You see this scale? If I put something on one side, what happens?" they put a small pebble on one scale.

"It tilted!"

"What do you think happens when I put this on there as well?" Milknsilk held up a larger rock.

"It's gonna tilt even more!"

But not only that, placing the rock on the scale made it overbalance and caused the scales to detach from the main frame.

Milknsilk spoke over the chorus of dismay. "This is called overbalancing. You talked about walking on a tightrope and standing on two legs. When you fall, it's because you leaned too much to one side."

They put the scale back together with a few practiced moves.

"And the same can happen when you fight yourself," one head nodded to the other. "Which is why you need to make sure to be balanced-" they began to set small pebbles on the scales, alternating where they put them. "-so you don't hurt yourselves."

"But Merlot is wrong!" shouted one of the Hatchlings, a young drakaina whose heads went by Rose and Merlot.

One of Milknsilks heads nodded. "When I was young, I also thought Silk was wrong about a lot of things," Silk rolled her eyes and added: "And I was convinced Milk was being reckless and misunderstanding me on purpose."

The hatchlings laughed, many of them relating to their own struggles with their other heads.

"This is why we need Prime and Support Sisters and Brothers," Milk said.

"Like this, there can be balance and you can ensure you will not get hurt simply because you cannot get along with yourselves," Silk explained. "Some of you may soon find out who of you is supposed to be the Prime Sibling and who the Support Sibling."

"Can you guess which one I am?" Milk asked.

One of the hatchlings spoke up eagerly. "You are the best mom ever, so you gotta be supportive right?"

Milknsilk chuckled. "While it is true that we are doing our best to be supportive," Silk began. "The role of Support Sister is mine. I'm certain most of you know that Milk is the one to shout encouragements, while I'm the one to sit down quietly with you, correct?"

A few nods.

"As the Support Sister, I am the one who gets to think hard about what to do and say. To give advice to my Prime Sister and all of you little ones."

"And I make sure she gets that time and can concentrate," Milk adds. "You know how some of you still fight over who gets to grab something or walk somewhere in particular? I do all of that on my own most of the time. Silk takes over for me if I am tired or distracted, but aside from Silk's tail, it's my job to make sure we move where and how we want to."

One of the little ones raised a claw jerkily, getting an angry look from their other head. "But that sounds like Silk never gets to do anything!"

Silk shook her head. "I get to watch out for other things. As the Support Sister, I am making sure we are safe. If I see danger - or even just an accident waiting to happen - I move us out of the way, knowing that Milk will always let me and trust that I know something she does not-" a small huff, faux-irritated but still playful, from Milk. "I get to talk a lot, because Milk is very busy doing things, so she stops thinking about the right thing to say."

This got a few chuckles from a portion of the heads in their young audience.

"Maybe some of you already know what role you are supposed to play. Some of you are frustrated, but once you find your balance, you will not only be in far better control of yourselves but also earn your proper name as a whole."

The little Aberration with the names Rose and Merlot raised their claw again. Milknsilk were both already certain what their name would end up being, since they were the oldest of the children in front of them and had already shown obvious signs.

"I think I know already," said Merlot, continuing on after an encouraging nod from Milk. "Rose already flies better than I do. Probably," she rolled her eyes. "because she keeps not letting me try.... But she does let me talk most of the time. Sometimes. You just interrupt me way too often, before I can properly explain something!" she directed the last part at their other half.

"You need to explain better then!"

Milk coughed in a reprimanding manner and Rose's head dipped down a little.

"This is something I had to learn as well. It's hard with how much us Prime Siblings want to get our way, but all of you, Prime or Support, need to learn to listen to each other. This also means talking to each other whenever you can. I am aware this is strange to other dragons, however, but try to do so whenever you get a moment to yourselves. Communication is important, and understanding your other half is part of that balance we need to have."

"What if both of us are good thinkers? Or good do-ers?" one very small hatchling asked.

"It might be a little different for each of you, but that is why you need to talk to each other. Fully settling into your role comes with a little bit of conscious choice. It doesn't always happen naturally. If you feel like either role suits either of you, you will need to make sure you're on the same page. Maybe experiment. We know a few Aberrations who were uncertain and ended up naming themselves before truly settling into their roles. Some kept their hasty naming decisions as a reminder, other changed it again. And again, even. If you end up hating your role, you will always be able to change it. Just make sure to discuss it amongst yourselves first. Some Aberrations even change their roles on a daily basis, so maybe that is an option for you as well. Prime and Support are titles, roles to play, and never set in stone unless you want them to be."
@TinkaDreamChaser What wonderful lore! I love stumbling upon a new lineage. May I please purchase #81404827 for treasure? I've even made a fun scry for her. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=90&breed=20&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=15&tertgene=93&winggene=93&wings=74&auth=62ca5be8c4c345071d0a5ec31066a254910300f6&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@TinkaDreamChaser

What wonderful lore! I love stumbling upon a new lineage. May I please purchase #81404827 for treasure? I've even made a fun scry for her.

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=90&breed=20&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=15&tertgene=93&winggene=93&wings=74&auth=62ca5be8c4c345071d0a5ec31066a254910300f6&dummyext=prev.png
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
@BlueEternity
Of course, you can!

Just need to ask, since I have no proper lore written up for them yet, if you want me to do that real quick (I got notes!) or if you have your own ideas. Either is fine with me, of course! I just wanted to know since I'm pretty new to the Lineage thing and want to make sure it's all good :D
@BlueEternity
Of course, you can!

Just need to ask, since I have no proper lore written up for them yet, if you want me to do that real quick (I got notes!) or if you have your own ideas. Either is fine with me, of course! I just wanted to know since I'm pretty new to the Lineage thing and want to make sure it's all good :D
@TinkaDreamChaser

You can add your notes to her bio if you'd like and I'd be happy to expound upon them.
@TinkaDreamChaser

You can add your notes to her bio if you'd like and I'd be happy to expound upon them.
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
Lore: Observations on Balanced and Unbalanced States

Maul and Asra had a problem. They were Unbalanced and likely to stay so for the foreseeable future.

Their mother had taught them about Balance, of course!

About how important it was to make things even between your heads and ensure each was content with their role. But Asra and Maul had too many differences to get along and too many similarities to easily split in two different roles. Aside from this, Asra often felt detached from her body in a way that her Brother did not.

They didn't use Prime and Support labels. Those roles could be ripped away from them at any given moment. Sometimes one of them decided that the other had been in charge of moving for too long, other times the one in the supposed 'Prime' role simply stopped doing anything at all, leaving them standing still and staring at nothing until one or the other snapped out of their thoughts and realized they would need to move.

It was a struggle, but with it came some opportunity for each head, which they pursued when possible.

Maul felt in his heart that he was supposed to be the Prime head. However, bringing it up with Asra lead to big arguments and fights, which eventually made her angry with him. This in turn would eventually result in her tearing control from the body away from him in revenge. He could never bring himself to hate her for it though, as he could see the struggle his Sister went through daily. With control of the body being up to each of their whims, his interests lead him to pursue the hobby of woodcarving instead of foresting. It is far easier to drop a little knife than to evade a falling tree when you're body is uncertain whose commands to follow.

On the other side, Asra does not wish to talk about her personal issues, even with the one she shares a body and a life with. She feels the classifications of Prime and Support are useless, especially when applied to Unbalanced Aberrations such as them. Her musings led her thoughts towards a new and strange set of roles, but she felt that some of these were better detailed than the simple 'Prime' and 'Support' roles.

There were Balanced Aberrations, whose heads were either near identical or varied strongly, making them a whole either due to their similarities or their differences. Then there were the Unbalanced Aberrations like themselves, who were joined at the neck with an incompatible Sibling.

Essentially, the difference between Balanced and Unbalanced boiled down to whether or not each head was content with their role in their lives.

Both of these split into what Asra called the Three States of Balance. Permanence, Switching and Fluidity.
The Permanent state was seen frequently, in Aberrations whose heads had settled into their roles and would stay there for life. In Balanced Aberrations, this was great for all parties involved, but for Unbalanced ones, it often came with a far too domineering Prime bullying a Support into their role, or occasionally Support not letting their Prime Siblings think for themselves and forcing them to only act and never think.
A Switch occurs when the usual Prime head retreats and the Support takes the lead for longer than a few minutes. Many Balanced Aberrations do this for special days on which the Support can pursue interests that require control of the body. Asra and Maul were a great (or technically bad) example of Switching in Unbalanced Abby's.
Lastly, Fluidity, which was a strange phenomenon seen in few Abby's. They had an innate feeling for when one felt like playing a particular role and flawlessly shifted in and out of them. Oftentimes, these Aberrations went by a single name, but would divulge their heads individual names when asked. Fluidity was not something Asra had been able to observe in an Unbalanced Abby, but she speculated that it might not be possible, or even lead to a loss of self to be Unbalanced and Fluid at the same time.
Lore: Observations on Balanced and Unbalanced States

Maul and Asra had a problem. They were Unbalanced and likely to stay so for the foreseeable future.

Their mother had taught them about Balance, of course!

About how important it was to make things even between your heads and ensure each was content with their role. But Asra and Maul had too many differences to get along and too many similarities to easily split in two different roles. Aside from this, Asra often felt detached from her body in a way that her Brother did not.

They didn't use Prime and Support labels. Those roles could be ripped away from them at any given moment. Sometimes one of them decided that the other had been in charge of moving for too long, other times the one in the supposed 'Prime' role simply stopped doing anything at all, leaving them standing still and staring at nothing until one or the other snapped out of their thoughts and realized they would need to move.

It was a struggle, but with it came some opportunity for each head, which they pursued when possible.

Maul felt in his heart that he was supposed to be the Prime head. However, bringing it up with Asra lead to big arguments and fights, which eventually made her angry with him. This in turn would eventually result in her tearing control from the body away from him in revenge. He could never bring himself to hate her for it though, as he could see the struggle his Sister went through daily. With control of the body being up to each of their whims, his interests lead him to pursue the hobby of woodcarving instead of foresting. It is far easier to drop a little knife than to evade a falling tree when you're body is uncertain whose commands to follow.

On the other side, Asra does not wish to talk about her personal issues, even with the one she shares a body and a life with. She feels the classifications of Prime and Support are useless, especially when applied to Unbalanced Aberrations such as them. Her musings led her thoughts towards a new and strange set of roles, but she felt that some of these were better detailed than the simple 'Prime' and 'Support' roles.

There were Balanced Aberrations, whose heads were either near identical or varied strongly, making them a whole either due to their similarities or their differences. Then there were the Unbalanced Aberrations like themselves, who were joined at the neck with an incompatible Sibling.

Essentially, the difference between Balanced and Unbalanced boiled down to whether or not each head was content with their role in their lives.

Both of these split into what Asra called the Three States of Balance. Permanence, Switching and Fluidity.
The Permanent state was seen frequently, in Aberrations whose heads had settled into their roles and would stay there for life. In Balanced Aberrations, this was great for all parties involved, but for Unbalanced ones, it often came with a far too domineering Prime bullying a Support into their role, or occasionally Support not letting their Prime Siblings think for themselves and forcing them to only act and never think.
A Switch occurs when the usual Prime head retreats and the Support takes the lead for longer than a few minutes. Many Balanced Aberrations do this for special days on which the Support can pursue interests that require control of the body. Asra and Maul were a great (or technically bad) example of Switching in Unbalanced Abby's.
Lastly, Fluidity, which was a strange phenomenon seen in few Abby's. They had an innate feeling for when one felt like playing a particular role and flawlessly shifted in and out of them. Oftentimes, these Aberrations went by a single name, but would divulge their heads individual names when asked. Fluidity was not something Asra had been able to observe in an Unbalanced Abby, but she speculated that it might not be possible, or even lead to a loss of self to be Unbalanced and Fluid at the same time.
@BlueEternity

Alright, I added some notes and sent her your way!

Also, I checked out your own Lineages, so I might fill the spot she vacates right away xD
@BlueEternity

Alright, I added some notes and sent her your way!

Also, I checked out your own Lineages, so I might fill the spot she vacates right away xD
@TinkaDreamChaser I hope you find some enjoyment out of them! But I already have great news. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81404827]Velma and Roxie[/url] lucked out and I snatched a perfect future mate for them off the AH. Perfect with some re-gening and a new name anyway. Poor darling was named ArcanistsDinner! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81211975][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/812120/81211975_350.png[/img][/url]
@TinkaDreamChaser

I hope you find some enjoyment out of them! But I already have great news. Velma and Roxie lucked out and I snatched a perfect future mate for them off the AH. Perfect with some re-gening and a new name anyway. Poor darling was named ArcanistsDinner!

81211975_350.png
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38