Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Retired Like-Exchange Thread
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Saronai That is an amazing story behind Minuialrin, Oronte, and the coffee mug artwork! (I've never heard of the Corona subspecies before, but they are gorgeous!) The imagination required for your lore is inspiring. Personally I've only done one small story - in Coral's bio. I don't know how to make the link within the name, but she's the female guardian gen 1 in my Birthday tab in case you actually wanted to look at it. No pressure! :) A link for convenience. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/20314957][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/203150/20314957.png[/img][/url] I'm also impressed you made Yulania's accent. I have no idea what program you need to do that or how to use it obviously. And her mate Lilac is also one of the dragons I liked. She has such lovely, vibrant purples and bright highlights. Oh, wow! I did not expect that. Thank you so much! [emoji=tundra happy size=2][emoji=tundra love size=2][emoji=tundra star size=2] Thank you for the shout-out to the runners up too! RainbowBright was a lucky AH find. I couldn't not get her, as I'm sure you understand. :D Dusty was searched for, in that a male dragon with his colors was desired for a breeding pair. I just loved how fade/blend looks with his colors, so he was gened from the original basic/basic. :D CarribeanAngel was actually a replacement dragon. I originally had a female coatle with obsidian iridescent/carribean seraph/white underbelly who was exalted way back shortly after I started and had run out of lair space. I missed the original and got lucky in finding such a stunning near duplicate who was about the same age even. :D Bronwyn was actually a Christmas present when Butterfly first came out. I gave her Butterfly and underbelly since the crackle she originally had her wings too much for my taste. I agree she came out amazing. :D Astraea was actually a gift as well. I was doing another forum thread about choosing a Den dragon. I picked her, and the other player gifted her to me since they had decided they didn't want her anymore. She may grow up, someday, but right now she's just too cute. ;) Godiva was an amazing AH find. I decided one day that I wanted flight reps with faceted eyes (my favorite), and she was the most amazing one listed. :D
Saronai

That is an amazing story behind Minuialrin, Oronte, and the coffee mug artwork! (I've never heard of the Corona subspecies before, but they are gorgeous!) The imagination required for your lore is inspiring.

Personally I've only done one small story - in Coral's bio. I don't know how to make the link within the name, but she's the female guardian gen 1 in my Birthday tab in case you actually wanted to look at it. No pressure! :)

A link for convenience.

20314957.png

I'm also impressed you made Yulania's accent. I have no idea what program you need to do that or how to use it obviously. And her mate Lilac is also one of the dragons I liked. She has such lovely, vibrant purples and bright highlights.

Oh, wow! I did not expect that. Thank you so much!

Thank you for the shout-out to the runners up too!

RainbowBright was a lucky AH find. I couldn't not get her, as I'm sure you understand. :D

Dusty was searched for, in that a male dragon with his colors was desired for a breeding pair. I just loved how fade/blend looks with his colors, so he was gened from the original basic/basic. :D

CarribeanAngel was actually a replacement dragon. I originally had a female coatle with obsidian iridescent/carribean seraph/white underbelly who was exalted way back shortly after I started and had run out of lair space. I missed the original and got lucky in finding such a stunning near duplicate who was about the same age even. :D

Bronwyn was actually a Christmas present when Butterfly first came out. I gave her Butterfly and underbelly since the crackle she originally had her wings too much for my taste. I agree she came out amazing. :D

Astraea was actually a gift as well. I was doing another forum thread about choosing a Den dragon. I picked her, and the other player gifted her to me since they had decided they didn't want her anymore. She may grow up, someday, but right now she's just too cute. ;)

Godiva was an amazing AH find. I decided one day that I wanted flight reps with faceted eyes (my favorite), and she was the most amazing one listed. :D
Qn4lcwg.png
@Nerilka Thanks for the compliment to my lore too! I did check out the story in the link provided. If you're curious, the way you link words/names is by highlighting the word you want to be a link, clicking the chainlink function in the Quick Reply navigation above your post draft (that's the 8th button that looks like an infinity sign with a line drawn through the two circles, connecting them). Then you just plop the dragon's actual url - or whatever url you're linking - into the pop up box and hit okay. You can also code this in if you know the code with is just typing something like: [code][url=web address of whatever site/page you're wanting to link taken from the address bar where you would type the www]Word or phrase you wanna link.[/url][/code] That being said, I don't at all mind the way you did it. I really enjoyed Coral's story too! So much so I'd love to get on that bandwagon and have one of these shapechangers in my lair. I even considered asking if it was okay to make my Diem - who is based on my D&D Changeling warlock - one of these shape changers. I think I want to keep Diem able to shift into other dragon species on a whim though, so I will be sticking with the invocation of their runes (a feature of their [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2122600/1#post_2122600]subspecies [/url]- pearlcatchers with runes tertiary that unlocks magic abilities of a wide and sometimes random variety upon reading/invoking them for the first time) allowing for that shapeshifting. That being said, I'd still love to have one of your beastclan shapechangers in my lair for sure. That story was super creative and nifty. I would link to Coral for the story (or wherever you'd like that link to go), but I also understand and will respect your wishes if you'd rather I didn't play with that idea through one of my own dragons. As for programs for Yulania's accent, I used gimp - a free program, which I am slowly learning the ins and outs of. It took 3 submissions or so before I finally had the shadows layer right and they accepted it. As such, it was my first accent creation, but my actual 2nd accepted by Flight Rising (my first accent was a limited event-only thing I did that I'm honestly not as proud of lol). I didn't learn how WELL though so I suspect when I go to make my next skin/accent I'll probably struggle again with how to keep all the necessary layers in tact for the submission. I also enjoy learning a bit of background about people's dragons after the highlight, so thank you for the second part of your last post. I don't have anything specific to say about all that info, but I didn't want not commenting at all to read as disinterest in the little facts. Agreed that faceted eyes are amazing!
@Nerilka

Thanks for the compliment to my lore too! I did check out the story in the link provided. If you're curious, the way you link words/names is by highlighting the word you want to be a link, clicking the chainlink function in the Quick Reply navigation above your post draft (that's the 8th button that looks like an infinity sign with a line drawn through the two circles, connecting them). Then you just plop the dragon's actual url - or whatever url you're linking - into the pop up box and hit okay. You can also code this in if you know the code with is just typing something like:
Code:
[url=web address of whatever site/page you're wanting to link taken from the address bar where you would type the www]Word or phrase you wanna link.[/url]

That being said, I don't at all mind the way you did it.

I really enjoyed Coral's story too! So much so I'd love to get on that bandwagon and have one of these shapechangers in my lair. I even considered asking if it was okay to make my Diem - who is based on my D&D Changeling warlock - one of these shape changers. I think I want to keep Diem able to shift into other dragon species on a whim though, so I will be sticking with the invocation of their runes (a feature of their subspecies - pearlcatchers with runes tertiary that unlocks magic abilities of a wide and sometimes random variety upon reading/invoking them for the first time) allowing for that shapeshifting.

That being said, I'd still love to have one of your beastclan shapechangers in my lair for sure. That story was super creative and nifty. I would link to Coral for the story (or wherever you'd like that link to go), but I also understand and will respect your wishes if you'd rather I didn't play with that idea through one of my own dragons.

As for programs for Yulania's accent, I used gimp - a free program, which I am slowly learning the ins and outs of. It took 3 submissions or so before I finally had the shadows layer right and they accepted it. As such, it was my first accent creation, but my actual 2nd accepted by Flight Rising (my first accent was a limited event-only thing I did that I'm honestly not as proud of lol). I didn't learn how WELL though so I suspect when I go to make my next skin/accent I'll probably struggle again with how to keep all the necessary layers in tact for the submission.

I also enjoy learning a bit of background about people's dragons after the highlight, so thank you for the second part of your last post. I don't have anything specific to say about all that info, but I didn't want not commenting at all to read as disinterest in the little facts.

Agreed that faceted eyes are amazing!

pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
Thank you! I didn't know that before, which is odd since I can make tiny dragons and columns. *shrugs I am surprised and flattered you like my lonely attempt at lore. [emoji=tundra happy size=2] I think it would be fantastic if you wanted to use it yourself, and linking to Coral is perfect. [emoji=guardian happy size=2] I really like your idea that runes can be used to shapeshift and do magic! That is a cool idea, and it would explain why dragons have writing on them in the first place. I perused the Runecatchers subspecies thread. That is a lot of work, but it's so interesting! Of course it doesn't explain runes on other species, unless they are shape changed PCs. The part I found oddest was that the mooncatchers are dark PCs. I thought they'd be the white-range PCs from the name. lol It sounds like either the program you used or just the act of making a skin or accent is hard to do. I'm glad you persevered since it looks wonderful. :D I'm glad it wasn't info overload. C: Definitely! It took me a long time to get used to primal and multigaze (still kind of meh most of the time), but I love faceted. If it weren't so expensive, I'd probably give it to all my dragons. Instead, I have some cool individuals who got lucky. :D
Thank you! I didn't know that before, which is odd since I can make tiny dragons and columns. *shrugs

I am surprised and flattered you like my lonely attempt at lore.

I think it would be fantastic if you wanted to use it yourself, and linking to Coral is perfect.

I really like your idea that runes can be used to shapeshift and do magic! That is a cool idea, and it would explain why dragons have writing on them in the first place. I perused the Runecatchers subspecies thread. That is a lot of work, but it's so interesting! Of course it doesn't explain runes on other species, unless they are shape changed PCs. The part I found oddest was that the mooncatchers are dark PCs. I thought they'd be the white-range PCs from the name. lol

It sounds like either the program you used or just the act of making a skin or accent is hard to do. I'm glad you persevered since it looks wonderful. :D

I'm glad it wasn't info overload. C:

Definitely! It took me a long time to get used to primal and multigaze (still kind of meh most of the time), but I love faceted. If it weren't so expensive, I'd probably give it to all my dragons. Instead, I have some cool individuals who got lucky. :D
Qn4lcwg.png
@/Nerilka yeah, it's definitely expensive.

I probably won't have anything for linking to Coral's story for a long while because I'm that slow with lore, but I can let you know when I do!

I did just want to respond really quick before bed to clarify a few things. The rune invocation and magical effects thing with the runecatcher subspecies wasn't actually my idea. It was just my idea to explain my changeling's shapeshifting abilities using lore someone else already created (Enriana).

Since I didn't create the subspecies, I can only guess at why all runed dragons weren't included (unless I'm forgetting about lore in that thread where Enriana explained), but it probably had something to do less with only pearlcatcher runes are special and more to do with only pearlcatchers with magic runes and certain color combos are the types with magic runes called "Runecatchers" specifically referencing their overall species.

As for the Runecatchers, Enriana created them to have a wide-diversity of magical effects on runic invocation, unpredictable and not always positive magical effects either. So not all of them would be able to shapeshift after invoking their runes like Diem does. That was purely me using Enriana's subspecies lore to preserve my D&D changeling's core abilities within flight rising, given that Diem is a member of that subspecies in the first place :D

That being said, I agree and love the runecatcher lore and enjoy the dragons I've created to play in it. Also Enriana has been super nice every time we've interacted, so that helps.
@/Nerilka yeah, it's definitely expensive.

I probably won't have anything for linking to Coral's story for a long while because I'm that slow with lore, but I can let you know when I do!

I did just want to respond really quick before bed to clarify a few things. The rune invocation and magical effects thing with the runecatcher subspecies wasn't actually my idea. It was just my idea to explain my changeling's shapeshifting abilities using lore someone else already created (Enriana).

Since I didn't create the subspecies, I can only guess at why all runed dragons weren't included (unless I'm forgetting about lore in that thread where Enriana explained), but it probably had something to do less with only pearlcatcher runes are special and more to do with only pearlcatchers with magic runes and certain color combos are the types with magic runes called "Runecatchers" specifically referencing their overall species.

As for the Runecatchers, Enriana created them to have a wide-diversity of magical effects on runic invocation, unpredictable and not always positive magical effects either. So not all of them would be able to shapeshift after invoking their runes like Diem does. That was purely me using Enriana's subspecies lore to preserve my D&D changeling's core abilities within flight rising, given that Diem is a member of that subspecies in the first place :D

That being said, I agree and love the runecatcher lore and enjoy the dragons I've created to play in it. Also Enriana has been super nice every time we've interacted, so that helps.
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
@Saronai

I would love that! And don't worry. I've been on FR for years and years now, so there's no plans to leave anytime soon. lol

I understood that you didn't create the subspecies and were only using the lore for your dragon's specific needs. I just think it's a great reason to mesh the two, Diem's ability and the Runecatcher magic runes. Some of the best ideas are synergistic combinations of ideas. :D

I've found 99.9% of players on FR are very nice people, which is one reason I've been on FR so long now. :)
@Saronai

I would love that! And don't worry. I've been on FR for years and years now, so there's no plans to leave anytime soon. lol

I understood that you didn't create the subspecies and were only using the lore for your dragon's specific needs. I just think it's a great reason to mesh the two, Diem's ability and the Runecatcher magic runes. Some of the best ideas are synergistic combinations of ideas. :D

I've found 99.9% of players on FR are very nice people, which is one reason I've been on FR so long now. :)
Qn4lcwg.png
@Nerilka Thanks again for the lore compliment then, glad I wasn't confusing - and absolutely agreed about FR's super nice player base.
@Nerilka Thanks again for the lore compliment then, glad I wasn't confusing - and absolutely agreed about FR's super nice player base.
@playerpichu Thanks so much for the compliments and stars! I can’t take full credit for Imbri’s look, half of what they’re wearing and their genes/colours were arranged by one of my partners when they gifted them to me back when I joined the game. Being that’s their favourite carebear though, I’m sure they’ll appreciate the comparison! And yes, it does appear that Carebear’s pronouns are they/them, though as I understand it that might have been by accident and the internet ran with it, rather than by design. I’ll take it! Imbri has a longstanding wishlist for that accent that would turn their pearl into a pumpkin - want it SO BAD lol. I might have to create my own and just add some kind of details or something that make it different from the other pumpkin-holding pearlcatcher accents if I can’t convince them to make another. [skin=13190] or even just [skin=3763]. Goals. Anywho~ on to your lair! I like your clan lore write up, it’s interesting, also entertained by alien spirals, some of which are naive enough to admit they’re aliens. My [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37737605]Diem[/url] would accept all of these claims at face value, they’re far more interested in a good story than the truth anyway, but also tend to be a bit gullible themselves as a result. I also love your highlighting that each pearl of the pearlcatchers is unique - I too feel it should be this way and am all for that! I found 137 dragons throughout your hibden and lair to hand out a star to! That included several unnamed along with basic dragons who had bio plans that I liked too. Of those I have 11 tabs still open from which to choose my faves for your 5-dragon-spotlight returns: Wesley, Griffith, Surge, Naktis, HeavensDoor, Kuroneko, Asteria, Edward, Jack, Sen, and Sidney. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48354754][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/483548/48354754_350.png[/img][/url][/center] I’m actually very picky about ghost, but they wear it so incredibly well, it looks so nice in pearl with their colours and the chosen apparel. Pretty in a pastel goth, bony-visage way that I’m loving! I feel like those well-placed lanterns tie the whole thing together perfectly. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33032056][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/330321/33032056_350.png[/img][/url][/center] I really love a good black & white contrasty dragon and this one is so incredibly stylish, every piece of chosen apparel is just perfect. I think I’m particularly in love with how the hat and pristine rose thorn arm tangle top it all off. Bonus points for matching pet too! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27240611][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/272407/27240611_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Look at this stylish boy! Contrasty + pink and a white top hat = perfection. I love the genes and chosen colours too, and that accent is just perfect for him! Also love the bio note, makes me wanna read stories about his collection and collecting of souls...er...pearls ;p [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56803189][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/568032/56803189_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Teal and cinnamon look so nice in that gene colour split, perfectly matching while the fire stained gives a lovely muted version of the colours that is a PERFECT match for that accent - one of the best dragons I’ve seen with that accent, in fact. The chosen apparel complements it so well too! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44485696][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/444857/44485696_350.png[/img][/url][/center] And now we arrive at my ironic favourite in your whole collection. Ironic because I really don’t like candy corn - I’m the candy corn is evil crowd lol. Having said that though, I am actually a fan of aesthetics built on candy corn and that means this accent is just wonderful. Then you add on the chosen apparel to go with it, the well matching pet, the carrot filigree and nice black wings/body and just...this dragon is so wonderful. I love them. Oh my goodness, I just looked at the bio outfit - even better! I love them so much, perfect Halloween dragon! Oh hey, also lightning flight like the one of mine you highlighted :D I just find that interesting since it’s not the flight I’d pick for Halloween colours on purpose (I don’t feel like Lightning flight particularly says Halloween spirit wise either) and yet we both have one anyway lol. I’m too attached to Lightning Imbri though and it’s not like the teal eyes look bad by any means :D
@playerpichu Thanks so much for the compliments and stars!

I can’t take full credit for Imbri’s look, half of what they’re wearing and their genes/colours were arranged by one of my partners when they gifted them to me back when I joined the game. Being that’s their favourite carebear though, I’m sure they’ll appreciate the comparison! And yes, it does appear that Carebear’s pronouns are they/them, though as I understand it that might have been by accident and the internet ran with it, rather than by design. I’ll take it!

Imbri has a longstanding wishlist for that accent that would turn their pearl into a pumpkin - want it SO BAD lol. I might have to create my own and just add some kind of details or something that make it different from the other pumpkin-holding pearlcatcher accents if I can’t convince them to make another. or even just . Goals.

Anywho~ on to your lair!

I like your clan lore write up, it’s interesting, also entertained by alien spirals, some of which are naive enough to admit they’re aliens. My Diem would accept all of these claims at face value, they’re far more interested in a good story than the truth anyway, but also tend to be a bit gullible themselves as a result.

I also love your highlighting that each pearl of the pearlcatchers is unique - I too feel it should be this way and am all for that!

I found 137 dragons throughout your hibden and lair to hand out a star to! That included several unnamed along with basic dragons who had bio plans that I liked too. Of those I have 11 tabs still open from which to choose my faves for your 5-dragon-spotlight returns: Wesley, Griffith, Surge, Naktis, HeavensDoor, Kuroneko, Asteria, Edward, Jack, Sen, and Sidney.
48354754_350.png

I’m actually very picky about ghost, but they wear it so incredibly well, it looks so nice in pearl with their colours and the chosen apparel. Pretty in a pastel goth, bony-visage way that I’m loving! I feel like those well-placed lanterns tie the whole thing together perfectly.
33032056_350.png

I really love a good black & white contrasty dragon and this one is so incredibly stylish, every piece of chosen apparel is just perfect. I think I’m particularly in love with how the hat and pristine rose thorn arm tangle top it all off. Bonus points for matching pet too!
27240611_350.png

Look at this stylish boy! Contrasty + pink and a white top hat = perfection. I love the genes and chosen colours too, and that accent is just perfect for him! Also love the bio note, makes me wanna read stories about his collection and collecting of souls...er...pearls ;p
56803189_350.png

Teal and cinnamon look so nice in that gene colour split, perfectly matching while the fire stained gives a lovely muted version of the colours that is a PERFECT match for that accent - one of the best dragons I’ve seen with that accent, in fact. The chosen apparel complements it so well too!
44485696_350.png

And now we arrive at my ironic favourite in your whole collection. Ironic because I really don’t like candy corn - I’m the candy corn is evil crowd lol. Having said that though, I am actually a fan of aesthetics built on candy corn and that means this accent is just wonderful. Then you add on the chosen apparel to go with it, the well matching pet, the carrot filigree and nice black wings/body and just...this dragon is so wonderful. I love them. Oh my goodness, I just looked at the bio outfit - even better! I love them so much, perfect Halloween dragon!

Oh hey, also lightning flight like the one of mine you highlighted :D I just find that interesting since it’s not the flight I’d pick for Halloween colours on purpose (I don’t feel like Lightning flight particularly says Halloween spirit wise either) and yet we both have one anyway lol. I’m too attached to Lightning Imbri though and it’s not like the teal eyes look bad by any means :D
@Saronai Thank you too!! I loved reading all of this over, it really made me smile [emoji=coatl happy size=1] I guess Imbri's more of a collaborative dragon, then! I think that's really cute tbh, even better :] I had no idea those accents existed though, that's such an adorable concept and I think they'd look great with something like that (And true, I've also heard that it was more of an internet misconception, buuttt... Sometimes it's better off that way, lol [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] ) Haha, I absolutely love Diem, they're one of the ones I starred but didn't mention \o/ I'm glad that they would like my Spiral's stories.... Even if they're not always true! Oh wow, 137 dragons... This made me realize just how many dragons I have, lol, I guess that'll happen after playing for 6+ years [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] And I'm glad you still liked my Unnamed and/or ungened dragons--I'm not good at thinking of names sometimes, some of my dragons stay nameless for years! They'll get one eventually, though, haha I'm happy you like Griffith! I'm usually not too fond of female Imps because I find their pose to be a bit awkward to dress, but Griffith really called to me when I saw her and I'm glad I picked her up a few years back. She rocks her pastel goth look and I love that for her The Killer Whale Gang are definitely a shady bunch, but at least they'll do crimes [emoji=blue star size=1] stylishly [emoji=gold star size=1]. I can't promise that Edward and Jack wouldn't be mean, buuttt Jack would be glad to tell his stories as long as no one snitches [emoji=coatl scared size=1] Don't tell him I said it, but that pearl in his hand may or may not be his favorite.... and stolen! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] It might've put a curse on him or something--I mean, not that he cares, but his tail didn't [i]used[/i] to glow like that... Eh, it's probably fine! I was so happy when I found Sen on the AH a few weeks back, I couldn't believe their colors when I saw them! I decided to look for a Stained dragon since that's not a common gene in my lair, and I'm very glad I did. It's not often that I instantly love a new dragon I have, but once I put that accent on him I knew he was here to stay [emoji=coatl happy size=1] And Kuroneko is my favorite dragon that I have, I'm glad you like them too!! I'm neutral on the taste of candy corn, lol, but I do love the aesthetic of it. He's a sweet boy, so I thought that embracing the candy-like and Halloween-y look would really complete him. The Lightning eyes weren't an intentional choice, but that art in his bio really sold me on it when it matches his kitten's eyes like that, I really adore that look for him :] I think the Lightning eyes look nice on Imbri too! Orange and blue are nice and complimentary, after all Thank you again for all of this, it really brightened my day! [emoji=sun size=1] Would you mind if I sent you a friend request? :O I figured I'd ask here, I don't wanna make it seem like it's a random friend request without asking first, haha
@Saronai

Thank you too!! I loved reading all of this over, it really made me smile

I guess Imbri's more of a collaborative dragon, then! I think that's really cute tbh, even better :] I had no idea those accents existed though, that's such an adorable concept and I think they'd look great with something like that (And true, I've also heard that it was more of an internet misconception, buuttt... Sometimes it's better off that way, lol )

Haha, I absolutely love Diem, they're one of the ones I starred but didn't mention \o/ I'm glad that they would like my Spiral's stories.... Even if they're not always true!

Oh wow, 137 dragons... This made me realize just how many dragons I have, lol, I guess that'll happen after playing for 6+ years And I'm glad you still liked my Unnamed and/or ungened dragons--I'm not good at thinking of names sometimes, some of my dragons stay nameless for years! They'll get one eventually, though, haha

I'm happy you like Griffith! I'm usually not too fond of female Imps because I find their pose to be a bit awkward to dress, but Griffith really called to me when I saw her and I'm glad I picked her up a few years back. She rocks her pastel goth look and I love that for her

The Killer Whale Gang are definitely a shady bunch, but at least they'll do crimes stylishly . I can't promise that Edward and Jack wouldn't be mean, buuttt Jack would be glad to tell his stories as long as no one snitches Don't tell him I said it, but that pearl in his hand may or may not be his favorite.... and stolen! It might've put a curse on him or something--I mean, not that he cares, but his tail didn't used to glow like that... Eh, it's probably fine!

I was so happy when I found Sen on the AH a few weeks back, I couldn't believe their colors when I saw them! I decided to look for a Stained dragon since that's not a common gene in my lair, and I'm very glad I did. It's not often that I instantly love a new dragon I have, but once I put that accent on him I knew he was here to stay

And Kuroneko is my favorite dragon that I have, I'm glad you like them too!! I'm neutral on the taste of candy corn, lol, but I do love the aesthetic of it. He's a sweet boy, so I thought that embracing the candy-like and Halloween-y look would really complete him. The Lightning eyes weren't an intentional choice, but that art in his bio really sold me on it when it matches his kitten's eyes like that, I really adore that look for him :] I think the Lightning eyes look nice on Imbri too! Orange and blue are nice and complimentary, after all

Thank you again for all of this, it really brightened my day! Would you mind if I sent you a friend request? :O I figured I'd ask here, I don't wanna make it seem like it's a random friend request without asking first, haha
Forum-Signature.png
@Hraesvelgr Thanks so much for your patience as well as the compliments and stars! I’m always extra delighted when someone likes Diem - they are so much fun to RP on my tabletop nights so their dragonsona is somewhat of my lair darling as a result lol. As for your lair, I found 243 dragons throughout your collection to hand out stars to! Of those, I have 7 tabs still open from which to pick my faves for your 2-dragon spotlight: Zenta, SENTINEL 50273782, MINION 50506239, Grunhild, Bogticia, Magnetar, and Asmodeus. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70112422][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701125/70112422_350.png[/img][/url][/center] I am a fan of high contrast dragons and I just love the fiery motif throughout Asmodeus’ apparel. Poison moon actually looks like a good primary to go with it creating kind of a craggy/ashy look that goes with the fiery theme and morphy on peach PERFECTLY matches that wine glimmer SO WELL. I really love how morph puts a streak of darker wine in the dragon’s tail fur too! I didn’t realize it did that beyond the main/wings for male obelisk poses. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50273782][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/502738/50273782_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Just look at this lovely dragon (insect in disguise?). Wow that accent is so gorgeous on this dragon’s genes and colours and the bloodshard chains are made for that combo! I love this dragon!
@Hraesvelgr Thanks so much for your patience as well as the compliments and stars! I’m always extra delighted when someone likes Diem - they are so much fun to RP on my tabletop nights so their dragonsona is somewhat of my lair darling as a result lol.

As for your lair, I found 243 dragons throughout your collection to hand out stars to! Of those, I have 7 tabs still open from which to pick my faves for your 2-dragon spotlight: Zenta, SENTINEL 50273782, MINION 50506239, Grunhild, Bogticia, Magnetar, and Asmodeus.
70112422_350.png

I am a fan of high contrast dragons and I just love the fiery motif throughout Asmodeus’ apparel. Poison moon actually looks like a good primary to go with it creating kind of a craggy/ashy look that goes with the fiery theme and morphy on peach PERFECTLY matches that wine glimmer SO WELL. I really love how morph puts a streak of darker wine in the dragon’s tail fur too! I didn’t realize it did that beyond the main/wings for male obelisk poses.
50273782_350.png

Just look at this lovely dragon (insect in disguise?). Wow that accent is so gorgeous on this dragon’s genes and colours and the bloodshard chains are made for that combo! I love this dragon!
@playerpichu Always happy to bring smiles with my comments and feedback :D It's a large reason why I do whole lairs. Makes me feel good to make peoples' days when I get to their turns :D

I do also love learning little extras about backgrounds and details about acquisition and little tidbits like you provided on your dragons. It makes me feel better about including my own but also I just like learning little extras like that about my faves in other peoples' lairs :D

And obviously I didn't mind the friend request, since I sent it to you instead ;p sorry for not saying anything when I did, been struggling with words off and on lately. I was all oooh nice warm fuzzies - I can do the friend request thing now at least and wait on the rest until I can't articulate more than just "*nice warm fuzzies* Yus, frends."

I do super appreciate friend requests in contexts that help me remember how I know people though :D so thanks for making extra sure it was okay directly in the thread.
@playerpichu Always happy to bring smiles with my comments and feedback :D It's a large reason why I do whole lairs. Makes me feel good to make peoples' days when I get to their turns :D

I do also love learning little extras about backgrounds and details about acquisition and little tidbits like you provided on your dragons. It makes me feel better about including my own but also I just like learning little extras like that about my faves in other peoples' lairs :D

And obviously I didn't mind the friend request, since I sent it to you instead ;p sorry for not saying anything when I did, been struggling with words off and on lately. I was all oooh nice warm fuzzies - I can do the friend request thing now at least and wait on the rest until I can't articulate more than just "*nice warm fuzzies* Yus, frends."

I do super appreciate friend requests in contexts that help me remember how I know people though :D so thanks for making extra sure it was okay directly in the thread.
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41