Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lineage] As Above, So Below
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32 33
@Stormfly

Hey, could I get more in depth lore about this project? I'm kind of just curious and also I need inspiration on what to write for my G2. Like, do the descendants have any special ability or something that separates them from other dragons? how does one enter the mirror world? surely one does not just step through it as many dragons would've known about that. What's the difference between the two realities? and many more questions that I can't really put into words right now
@Stormfly

Hey, could I get more in depth lore about this project? I'm kind of just curious and also I need inspiration on what to write for my G2. Like, do the descendants have any special ability or something that separates them from other dragons? how does one enter the mirror world? surely one does not just step through it as many dragons would've known about that. What's the difference between the two realities? and many more questions that I can't really put into words right now
tumblr_inline_nbca3vIFnM1qg78ij.png
@Foxfires29 sure thing!

Ive got a couple snippets in Palindrus and Dromaeus' bios atm that might help (they are very slightly different to give that illusion of 'which one is reality'), the mirror world is more or less an abstract plane of existence, but never in the way you'd expect. Through the Looking Glass and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland are good sources of inspiration as they're a big inspiration of this project as well. The idea that things are mirrored, but not quite the same.

The deeper you go the more abstract the world gets, so you might see a few odd sized objects when you first walk in, but maybe an hour of exploring later you might find yourself in a landscape that is completely unfamiliar.
The fish fly upside down along the ground, the gravity may be centered around specific objects (April Fools day for example, wouldnt necessarily affect these dragons because of this, where most dragons were stuck on the ceiling or to walls. Ive got an unrevised snippet written out in Oxygen's bio), the temperature changes the more you get further in. You'll find extreme weather patterns such as wind you can feel but doesn't russle the leaves or weathervanes as well as wind that affects the trees, russles the leaves and blows objects through the air- yet it feels stagnant; it messes with your senses as dragons from reality are not adapted to the odd environment. Rain falls inside umbrellas rather than outside of them, when it rains clouds may form on the ground and rain upward into the sky, or it may rain directly from the ground. Heating elements give off cold air, and ice cubes are hot. Everything is not what you'd expect, and some things depend on specific angle to view or use them properly. So if you want to open a door thats extremely huge, make sure you're the right distance away that looks the right size and try again. Pysics has no laws here.

If you look at the last section in Dromaeus' bio where it says trial2 (trial 1 was an attempt at a palindrome poem and Palindrus has the other half), theres a little lore that describes a dragon entering the mirror world and getting lost in second person, coming across the nest of hatchlings. Originally it was going to come with the hatchlings but I hadn't finished it before the first nest went out. When im satisfied with it, it might go in the dragons for sale section or another section of the thread.

Im not entirely sure what the requirements would be to enter the world, be it lineage based, the portal needs to be opened from the mirror world in order to pass through from this end, as Alice in Wonderland and most adaptations leave that section of the story open ended, I honestly haven't really thought about it.
It may have to do with a bizarre set of requirements like proper time and place from any mirror, similar to Halloween or Bloody Mary. This part I think I might still leave open ended so everyone who wants lore can create their own different methods and requirements for it which would be fitting for the type of plane the mirror world is, but ill do a write-up of some possibilities to summarize this bit later today when I've got a bit more free time!

The one sure thing I've been pretty certain of, is that the Palindrus Dromaeus line can use the portals to the mirror world without restriction, or at least they know the restrictions are and use that to create an illusion of control; whatever causes the portal to open is something they know how to navigate being a product of it.

Feel free to throw some more questions at me and I can see about a little scientific write-up or an interview with one of the dragons in the form of an "FAQ" of what we know about the mirror world for the front page as well!
@Foxfires29 sure thing!

Ive got a couple snippets in Palindrus and Dromaeus' bios atm that might help (they are very slightly different to give that illusion of 'which one is reality'), the mirror world is more or less an abstract plane of existence, but never in the way you'd expect. Through the Looking Glass and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland are good sources of inspiration as they're a big inspiration of this project as well. The idea that things are mirrored, but not quite the same.

The deeper you go the more abstract the world gets, so you might see a few odd sized objects when you first walk in, but maybe an hour of exploring later you might find yourself in a landscape that is completely unfamiliar.
The fish fly upside down along the ground, the gravity may be centered around specific objects (April Fools day for example, wouldnt necessarily affect these dragons because of this, where most dragons were stuck on the ceiling or to walls. Ive got an unrevised snippet written out in Oxygen's bio), the temperature changes the more you get further in. You'll find extreme weather patterns such as wind you can feel but doesn't russle the leaves or weathervanes as well as wind that affects the trees, russles the leaves and blows objects through the air- yet it feels stagnant; it messes with your senses as dragons from reality are not adapted to the odd environment. Rain falls inside umbrellas rather than outside of them, when it rains clouds may form on the ground and rain upward into the sky, or it may rain directly from the ground. Heating elements give off cold air, and ice cubes are hot. Everything is not what you'd expect, and some things depend on specific angle to view or use them properly. So if you want to open a door thats extremely huge, make sure you're the right distance away that looks the right size and try again. Pysics has no laws here.

If you look at the last section in Dromaeus' bio where it says trial2 (trial 1 was an attempt at a palindrome poem and Palindrus has the other half), theres a little lore that describes a dragon entering the mirror world and getting lost in second person, coming across the nest of hatchlings. Originally it was going to come with the hatchlings but I hadn't finished it before the first nest went out. When im satisfied with it, it might go in the dragons for sale section or another section of the thread.

Im not entirely sure what the requirements would be to enter the world, be it lineage based, the portal needs to be opened from the mirror world in order to pass through from this end, as Alice in Wonderland and most adaptations leave that section of the story open ended, I honestly haven't really thought about it.
It may have to do with a bizarre set of requirements like proper time and place from any mirror, similar to Halloween or Bloody Mary. This part I think I might still leave open ended so everyone who wants lore can create their own different methods and requirements for it which would be fitting for the type of plane the mirror world is, but ill do a write-up of some possibilities to summarize this bit later today when I've got a bit more free time!

The one sure thing I've been pretty certain of, is that the Palindrus Dromaeus line can use the portals to the mirror world without restriction, or at least they know the restrictions are and use that to create an illusion of control; whatever causes the portal to open is something they know how to navigate being a product of it.

Feel free to throw some more questions at me and I can see about a little scientific write-up or an interview with one of the dragons in the form of an "FAQ" of what we know about the mirror world for the front page as well!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Oh man mobile always throws me off on the length of things ;A;;
Oh man mobile always throws me off on the length of things ;A;;
DSfOOlg.png
@Stormfly hi, I'd like to be put on the pinglist! Thank you in advance!
@Stormfly hi, I'd like to be put on the pinglist! Thank you in advance!
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
@pokemoncha absolutely! You've been added, thanks for your interest!
@pokemoncha absolutely! You've been added, thanks for your interest!
DSfOOlg.png
@Stormfly

thanks for the info! I was asking because I wanted to write lore for Nitrogen
also I may need to trim the word count for it lol
@Stormfly

thanks for the info! I was asking because I wanted to write lore for Nitrogen
also I may need to trim the word count for it lol
tumblr_inline_nbca3vIFnM1qg78ij.png
@Foxfires29 no problem! Let me know if you have any other questions!
@Foxfires29 no problem! Let me know if you have any other questions!
DSfOOlg.png
@Stormfly This looks pretty cool, may I be added to the pinglist please?
@Stormfly This looks pretty cool, may I be added to the pinglist please?
pronouns are he/him and they/them! Rlgx2nL.png
@Robomeka absolutely! You've been added!
@Robomeka absolutely! You've been added!
DSfOOlg.png
[Center][b][emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1][size=5]New Hatchlings![/size][emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1][/b] [emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][/center] --------- [center] Frabjous Day! Calooh Callay! [/center] What is Frabjous Day you might ask? Why, its the day the Jabberwock was slain, of course! Frabjous Day doesn't actually have a set date, so I hope nobody minds, but since I'm going abstract with the Mirror World, and Wonderland is filled to the brim with Nonsense, I figured out a date for it. In the Poem, The Jabberwock by Lewis Carrol, it begins with: "Twas Brillig", and then goes on to explain after the poem that Brillig means "4 o'clock in the afternoon (i hope this is right,, I couldn't find my copy of the book to double check before palindrome time). So I set that on a 24 hour clock, which got me 16. 4/16. 4 card suits, 13 cards per suit, with a remainder of 3. What could the 3 represent, you ask? Good question. Perhaps its the 3 key players in the poem; Jabberwock, Alice and the Vorpal Sword. Perhaps its the remaining 3 card suits (13 of hearts for example, plus diamond, club, and spade). Perhaps it is a reference to math, 16 goes into 52 (a standard deck of playing cards) 3.25 times. 4x.25= 1.00. 1+3= 4. Perhaps it is the Two Jokers per set of 54 cards, plus Alice herself? Alas, we may never know. It is but lost to time, and with time being an illusion itself, who knows exactly when it was lost to? I considered (1+6=7) 7/4, as it seems a bit more fitting given the lawlessness that is utter nonsense, but thats already Alice in Wonderland Day and that gets 3 fun date references for Alice in this project, including Mad Hatter Day. So Frabjous Day! Hoorah Hooray! Welcome everyone to the newest attempt at a Palindrome hatch from our two jokers, Palindrus and Dromaeus! Seems we are keeping the trend of 2 eggs, please welcome our first Shadow dragons! A male AND a female this time, and they really like Wisteria! We missed the palindrome by 5 digits, hatched right between the two nests! (I did snag #68733785 on the third hatchling of my veil set, so unfortunately I would've missed the palindrome even if I had hatched this nest first, solely because of it being a two-egg nest). Here's hoping better luck next time! ------------- [Center][b]April 16th[/b][/center] [Columns][center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=119&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=56&auth=d8e5facdaee70232cc9842a9975adbb7ccc6a1d9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hatchling 1 of 2 [Nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68733791][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/687338/68733791.png[/img][/url] [Quote=Info] "Fluorine" Wisteria skink Chocolate trail Rose capsule First Shadow Nest XYZ 50g [/quote] [Center][B]Sold![/b] [/columns] [Columns][center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=119&bodygene=23&breed=3&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=119&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=158&auth=a57ff368b7b3edfcdd9fe6466667aae9a9e6c470&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hatchling 2 of 2 [Nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68733792][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/687338/68733792.png[/img][/url] [Quote=Info] "Neon" Wisteria python Pumpkin trail Wisteria capsule First double, first shadow nest XYX 50g [/quote] [Center][B]Sold![/b] [/columns] Both hatchlings have been claimed! See you all May 9th for Mothers day! This also may be the last batch of hatchlings to come with an adoptable, simply because my drawing program subscription runs out at midnight. I'll have to see what I can do about that when I have time. [center]Thank you very much your your continued interest in this project![/center] ------
New Hatchlings!

Frabjous Day! Calooh Callay!
What is Frabjous Day you might ask?
Why, its the day the Jabberwock was slain, of course!

Frabjous Day doesn't actually have a set date, so I hope nobody minds, but since I'm going abstract with the Mirror World, and Wonderland is filled to the brim with Nonsense, I figured out a date for it.
In the Poem, The Jabberwock by Lewis Carrol, it begins with: "Twas Brillig", and then goes on to explain after the poem that Brillig means "4 o'clock in the afternoon (i hope this is right,, I couldn't find my copy of the book to double check before palindrome time). So I set that on a 24 hour clock, which got me 16.
4/16.
4 card suits, 13 cards per suit, with a remainder of 3.
What could the 3 represent, you ask? Good question.
Perhaps its the 3 key players in the poem; Jabberwock, Alice and the Vorpal Sword.
Perhaps its the remaining 3 card suits (13 of hearts for example, plus diamond, club, and spade).
Perhaps it is a reference to math, 16 goes into 52 (a standard deck of playing cards) 3.25 times. 4x.25= 1.00. 1+3= 4.
Perhaps it is the Two Jokers per set of 54 cards, plus Alice herself?

Alas, we may never know. It is but lost to time, and with time being an illusion itself, who knows exactly when it was lost to?

I considered (1+6=7) 7/4, as it seems a bit more fitting given the lawlessness that is utter nonsense, but thats already Alice in Wonderland Day and that gets 3 fun date references for Alice in this project, including Mad Hatter Day.

So Frabjous Day! Hoorah Hooray!

Welcome everyone to the newest attempt at a Palindrome hatch from our two jokers, Palindrus and Dromaeus!
Seems we are keeping the trend of 2 eggs, please welcome our first Shadow dragons! A male AND a female this time, and they really like Wisteria!

We missed the palindrome by 5 digits, hatched right between the two nests! (I did snag #68733785 on the third hatchling of my veil set, so unfortunately I would've missed the palindrome even if I had hatched this nest first, solely because of it being a two-egg nest). Here's hoping better luck next time!

April 16th
dragon?age=0&body=119&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=56&auth=d8e5facdaee70232cc9842a9975adbb7ccc6a1d9&dummyext=prev.png
Hatchling 1 of 2
68733791.png
Info wrote:
"Fluorine"
Wisteria skink
Chocolate trail
Rose capsule
First Shadow Nest
XYZ
50g
Sold!
dragon?age=0&body=119&bodygene=23&breed=3&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=119&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=158&auth=a57ff368b7b3edfcdd9fe6466667aae9a9e6c470&dummyext=prev.png
Hatchling 2 of 2
68733792.png
Info wrote:
"Neon"
Wisteria python
Pumpkin trail
Wisteria capsule
First double, first shadow nest
XYX
50g
Sold!

Both hatchlings have been claimed! See you all May 9th for Mothers day!

This also may be the last batch of hatchlings to come with an adoptable, simply because my drawing program subscription runs out at midnight. I'll have to see what I can do about that when I have time.
Thank you very much your your continued interest in this project!

DSfOOlg.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32 33