Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Full] Lair reviews!
1 2 3 4
@anteater

Totally down for you to review 3 of my dragons! I don't care what tab, just note that wip tab is the work in progresses (so subject to heavy change) and the hibernal den is acting as a storage unit currently, haha.
@anteater

Totally down for you to review 3 of my dragons! I don't care what tab, just note that wip tab is the work in progresses (so subject to heavy change) and the hibernal den is acting as a storage unit currently, haha.
@Tambukku1000 Currently I'm only interested in doing 3 dragons! So here's a 3 dragon review. feel free to come back for another though! I love how different all your dragons are. So many colors and poses. You really feel the potential for stories and great lore within this community of dragons - they're all so vibrant and interesting! These were my faves: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12906380][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/129064/12906380_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Mirrors dont get enough attention and this girl is proof that they deserve more. She is stunning. I love how fun her design feels. Steampunk queen indeed. You can almost see the haphazard way she got dressed - collecting pieces from all over the place and melting them together into one beautiful look. It matches her lore so good as well! I love her color scheme so much. The skin is stunning and the way her secondary and tert peaks through on her wings is so interesting! Especially how the smirch paints a very organic shape under the rigid grid of the accent. That it matches the colors on her fins perfectly is only a bonus. Its stunning and complex and the colors match beautifully. The navy wraps are a stroke of pure genius too. I love how they break up her warm colors and adds something contrasting. She catches the eye immediately and keeps your attention locked on her[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12779110][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/127792/12779110_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Delenn's lore is just so touching. That last paragraph is beautiful and meaningful and a really good conclusion to her story, the emphasis on bonds so different from how she started out. She herself is very, very pretty as well. I love how you've made her look both a little scary and otherworldly with her floating candles and her subtly sparkling hide. She truly looks like she could be immortal. And yet there are hints of humanity and softness. The softness of the black currant plumes and the sneaking light creeping in on her wings. I can't help reading significance into the circuit itself either - the idea of many lines connecting in new and exciting ways. She really looks the part of her lore and it makes her such a compelling character to look at and read about![/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62372719][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623728/62372719_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]The mystery surrounding Casado is so intriguing. I love the scattered notes about her, it's a terribly compelling way of delivering lore. One thing I love about this lady and all of your lair is how interconnected it feels? Everyone has a relationship to someone else. It feels like a living, breathing community of well rounded characters and this girl is no exception. We also have to talk about how good she looks cause wow is she pretty. The colors are beautiful. I love how tight and precise the color palette is and more than that I'm enthralled by how much depth you've managed to get in her - the bright lanterns and gold details on her hat and neck pull forward while her tail end seems dark and distant. She almost feels like an optical illusion - spiraling backwards in space - and it's such an interesting and fitting effect on her!
@Tambukku1000

Currently I'm only interested in doing 3 dragons! So here's a 3 dragon review. feel free to come back for another though!

I love how different all your dragons are. So many colors and poses. You really feel the potential for stories and great lore within this community of dragons - they're all so vibrant and interesting!
These were my faves:
12906380_350.png Mirrors dont get enough attention and this girl is proof that they deserve more. She is stunning. I love how fun her design feels. Steampunk queen indeed. You can almost see the haphazard way she got dressed - collecting pieces from all over the place and melting them together into one beautiful look. It matches her lore so good as well! I love her color scheme so much. The skin is stunning and the way her secondary and tert peaks through on her wings is so interesting! Especially how the smirch paints a very organic shape under the rigid grid of the accent. That it matches the colors on her fins perfectly is only a bonus. Its stunning and complex and the colors match beautifully. The navy wraps are a stroke of pure genius too. I love how they break up her warm colors and adds something contrasting. She catches the eye immediately and keeps your attention locked on her
12779110_350.png Delenn's lore is just so touching. That last paragraph is beautiful and meaningful and a really good conclusion to her story, the emphasis on bonds so different from how she started out. She herself is very, very pretty as well. I love how you've made her look both a little scary and otherworldly with her floating candles and her subtly sparkling hide. She truly looks like she could be immortal. And yet there are hints of humanity and softness. The softness of the black currant plumes and the sneaking light creeping in on her wings. I can't help reading significance into the circuit itself either - the idea of many lines connecting in new and exciting ways. She really looks the part of her lore and it makes her such a compelling character to look at and read about!
62372719_350.png The mystery surrounding Casado is so intriguing. I love the scattered notes about her, it's a terribly compelling way of delivering lore. One thing I love about this lady and all of your lair is how interconnected it feels? Everyone has a relationship to someone else. It feels like a living, breathing community of well rounded characters and this girl is no exception. We also have to talk about how good she looks cause wow is she pretty. The colors are beautiful. I love how tight and precise the color palette is and more than that I'm enthralled by how much depth you've managed to get in her - the bright lanterns and gold details on her hat and neck pull forward while her tail end seems dark and distant. She almost feels like an optical illusion - spiraling backwards in space - and it's such an interesting and fitting effect on her!
myre.jpg
banner.png D2k1h2X.png 63ufpxJ.png
tQMwGmu.jpg eMpX3YA.jpg zAOFE5N.jpg
@Lasagnagsag ooo your lair is so cool! I love the dedication to fandragons - there's something so impressive about lairs with a strong theme and yours is really, really good! These were my faves: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36754087][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/367541/36754087_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]I must admit I've never played dark souls but this boy is almost convincing me I should. I love how he looks so much. He's complicated and overgrown and beautiful. The way the bright orca peeks through his apparel and accent makes him look so strong - something immovable and impenetrable slowly being taken over by flowers and vines. It makes him stark and eye catching like nothing else. And oh that accent. It's beautiful in and of itself and I love how you've used it and chosen to dress around it. On his wings, that effect of the alloy against the organic texture of the flowers gets to shine and then on his legs he looks gnarled and heavy. It really brings the accent into a 3D space, makes it look like it's really a part of him - breaking lineart to sneak around his tail. He's grounded and steadfast and scary and I absolutely adore him[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60564673][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/605647/60564673_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Another dragon where I'm not familiar with the source material but might actually be in love. The color palette is beyond perfect are you kidding me. The way you've blended and layered shades of blue to create a very complicated, delicate monochrome outfit is so interesting and stunning. And then those thin lines of bright yellow cutting across all the blue. It's one of (if not the best tbh) uses of smoke I've ever seen. It doesn't muddy his look, it doesnt make it busy or unfocused. Instead, it outlines him and makes all the blue even stronger by adding a little contrast. It also draws attention to his face and draws your eye towards his eyes. It makes him look intelligent and alert. Somehow, he almost seems like he's smiling? It's a really, really beautiful use of color and shape to create a very sharp, strong outfit[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63752361][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/637524/63752361_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Ok, so apparently you're just really good at creating monochrome outfits. This lady too feels complete and complex and you've blended the different hues of yellow and beige so beautifully. There's the stronger, more saturated colors of her wing and the banner. It's balanced perfectly by her more desaturated belly and the cool tones in the gem thief. It makes your eye roam over her, taking in every detail. She's almost magnetic in how eye-catching she is. The whole vibe she gives off is something rough and hot and sandy and every little detail is working towards painting that picture. Her entire page is so complete. Everything from the background to the familiar fits the theme and the color scheme, it's lovely. Speaking of the familiar, I truly love how much they match. They both have that dusty little nose! It's so good.
@Lasagnagsag

ooo your lair is so cool! I love the dedication to fandragons - there's something so impressive about lairs with a strong theme and yours is really, really good!
These were my faves:
36754087_350.png I must admit I've never played dark souls but this boy is almost convincing me I should. I love how he looks so much. He's complicated and overgrown and beautiful. The way the bright orca peeks through his apparel and accent makes him look so strong - something immovable and impenetrable slowly being taken over by flowers and vines. It makes him stark and eye catching like nothing else. And oh that accent. It's beautiful in and of itself and I love how you've used it and chosen to dress around it. On his wings, that effect of the alloy against the organic texture of the flowers gets to shine and then on his legs he looks gnarled and heavy. It really brings the accent into a 3D space, makes it look like it's really a part of him - breaking lineart to sneak around his tail. He's grounded and steadfast and scary and I absolutely adore him
60564673_350.png Another dragon where I'm not familiar with the source material but might actually be in love. The color palette is beyond perfect are you kidding me. The way you've blended and layered shades of blue to create a very complicated, delicate monochrome outfit is so interesting and stunning. And then those thin lines of bright yellow cutting across all the blue. It's one of (if not the best tbh) uses of smoke I've ever seen. It doesn't muddy his look, it doesnt make it busy or unfocused. Instead, it outlines him and makes all the blue even stronger by adding a little contrast. It also draws attention to his face and draws your eye towards his eyes. It makes him look intelligent and alert. Somehow, he almost seems like he's smiling? It's a really, really beautiful use of color and shape to create a very sharp, strong outfit
63752361_350.png Ok, so apparently you're just really good at creating monochrome outfits. This lady too feels complete and complex and you've blended the different hues of yellow and beige so beautifully. There's the stronger, more saturated colors of her wing and the banner. It's balanced perfectly by her more desaturated belly and the cool tones in the gem thief. It makes your eye roam over her, taking in every detail. She's almost magnetic in how eye-catching she is. The whole vibe she gives off is something rough and hot and sandy and every little detail is working towards painting that picture. Her entire page is so complete. Everything from the background to the familiar fits the theme and the color scheme, it's lovely. Speaking of the familiar, I truly love how much they match. They both have that dusty little nose! It's so good.
myre.jpg
@myriadofstars I love your un first of all - it's so cute! As for your lair I love how rich it is. The dragons are varied and beautiful and yet clearly belong together. The tabs all have such good, evocative names. It definitely makes you want to explore around your lair! These were my faves: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41021019][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/410211/41021019_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Okay so fair warning, orange is my favorite color so I'm biased. But this boy (along with Rudan and Nalene) is one of the prettiest dragons I've ever seen. He's so naturally beautiful and I absolutely love how you've enhanced it with the accent and the flowers. The accent especially blends so effortlessly into his colors, it gives him this almost ethereal quality of lightness and softness. The sky is a part of him, undeniably and softly. It's a really cool effect to use on a seer, gives him that slight air of something supernatural without being menacing. His lore just makes sense and wow do I love the concept of it! I'm instantly trying to imagine what his motives for keeping most of the visions to himself might be and it makes so much sense! The tension between 'this might be important' and 'it might not come true' is incredibly strong as a narrative device! I love him![/Columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55515145][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/555152/55515145_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Martyn's story is very touching, it's almost a little painful to read it. I'm enthralled by how well you've worked his tale into every part of him - from how he's dressed to his scrappy familiar to even his name. It's an amazing attention to detail and it makes it so much more lovely to scroll through his profile! I absolutely adore how he looks first of all. The delicacy and intricacy of his wings is so good. The red trail itself is very, very pretty but the pomegranate plumes just adds that little bit of coolness and depth to really sell it. It brings out his eyes beautifully too! Generally there's such a masterful balance of warm and cool colors (that also feels very appropriate for his kind of bittersweet story) - the cool grey of his primary with the lovely warm accents perfectly mirrored in the golden silks and the underbelly. He's a story in every aspect of him and it's amazing![/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46636564][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/466366/46636564_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]I want everyone to take a good long look at Pyre and then think twice before they every say anything about female tundras being boring or stiff again. She is amazing. Her color palette is immaculate - she catches your eye immediately and you just have to click on her to get a closer look. And up close she does not disappoint. The way the colors mix and compliment each other so incredibly well. She feels complex and vibrant. Her natural colors are of course beautiful in and off themselves - the soft blue of teal blends beautifully into the dark purple wings and the firefly stands out subtly and adds something floaty and magical to her. The accent kind of does the same. I love the lightening effect on the wings - it elevates her to something very magical looking. I want her to tell me stories while her jewelry clink softly together and the sun sets behind her. She's magical
@myriadofstars

I love your un first of all - it's so cute!
As for your lair I love how rich it is. The dragons are varied and beautiful and yet clearly belong together. The tabs all have such good, evocative names. It definitely makes you want to explore around your lair!
These were my faves:
41021019_350.png Okay so fair warning, orange is my favorite color so I'm biased. But this boy (along with Rudan and Nalene) is one of the prettiest dragons I've ever seen. He's so naturally beautiful and I absolutely love how you've enhanced it with the accent and the flowers. The accent especially blends so effortlessly into his colors, it gives him this almost ethereal quality of lightness and softness. The sky is a part of him, undeniably and softly. It's a really cool effect to use on a seer, gives him that slight air of something supernatural without being menacing. His lore just makes sense and wow do I love the concept of it! I'm instantly trying to imagine what his motives for keeping most of the visions to himself might be and it makes so much sense! The tension between 'this might be important' and 'it might not come true' is incredibly strong as a narrative device! I love him!
55515145_350.png Martyn's story is very touching, it's almost a little painful to read it. I'm enthralled by how well you've worked his tale into every part of him - from how he's dressed to his scrappy familiar to even his name. It's an amazing attention to detail and it makes it so much more lovely to scroll through his profile! I absolutely adore how he looks first of all. The delicacy and intricacy of his wings is so good. The red trail itself is very, very pretty but the pomegranate plumes just adds that little bit of coolness and depth to really sell it. It brings out his eyes beautifully too! Generally there's such a masterful balance of warm and cool colors (that also feels very appropriate for his kind of bittersweet story) - the cool grey of his primary with the lovely warm accents perfectly mirrored in the golden silks and the underbelly. He's a story in every aspect of him and it's amazing!
46636564_350.png I want everyone to take a good long look at Pyre and then think twice before they every say anything about female tundras being boring or stiff again. She is amazing. Her color palette is immaculate - she catches your eye immediately and you just have to click on her to get a closer look. And up close she does not disappoint. The way the colors mix and compliment each other so incredibly well. She feels complex and vibrant. Her natural colors are of course beautiful in and off themselves - the soft blue of teal blends beautifully into the dark purple wings and the firefly stands out subtly and adds something floaty and magical to her. The accent kind of does the same. I love the lightening effect on the wings - it elevates her to something very magical looking. I want her to tell me stories while her jewelry clink softly together and the sun sets behind her. She's magical
myre.jpg
@Golurk your lair is so impressive! The tab names are all so evocative and all the dragons are so stunning. The color coordination is immaculate and I love the little poems in the tab description! These were my faves: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57346029][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/573461/57346029_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Etienne reminds me of tolkien like elves somehow? He's utterly beautiful, golden and serene and yet there's something very sorrowful to him. His bio really hits straight on the vibe he gave me - a strong connection to the earth and some sort of immense burden. It's a really strong emotional effect for one to give off. I think it's achieved through first of all his colors. That soft, mellow green of his primary reminds me of grass on an almost too-hot summer day, his secondary has that same soft, subtle quality to it and the apparel just adds to it - matching the soft gold perfectly and tying his look together very well. And then I think another very big part of it is the simplicity of his design. He really gets to breathe and shine in his beauty. His eyes especially becomes the instant eye-catching feature and you start wondering what he's thinking. A beautiful, sorrowful, thoughtful dragon all around[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52495074][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/524951/52495074_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Ridgeback males are so overlooked and this boy is proof of how much more attention they deserve. He's as far from being goofy as it gets. His color palette is so stunning and striking and I love how well balanced it is. You've managed to play with a lot of different orange, red, yellow and gold tones on him without it ever becoming cluttered or messy looking. His brighter primary color give shim that eye-catching factor while his wings mellow him out some and then all the yellow apparel (the pants, the metal on the steampunk pieces, the roundhorns) adds a red thread through him that helps pull it all together. It also adds a lot of interest to him. Your eye keeps roaming over him, latching onto the yellow as you go. His entire profile - from the familiar to the scene to his simple, effective bio - is just so precise and well put together![/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63648633][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/636487/63648633_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]I imagine this boy is a bit of a fan favorite? He's stunning and complex and kind of brutal in his presentation? Again, the bio completely catches his vibe - something strong and slightly sinister and prideful. The open expanse of his cool brown primary (and the ragged, spiky markings of vipera) gives him that feeling of strength, the daredevil cover and his claws left uncovered and sharp along with the floaty, undefined shapes of morphs adds that feeling of unease and all the rest gives him a big reason to be full of pride. All the intricate details and roses on the accent makes him elegant and sharp. The nuances of slight blue on the accent on his wing against the deep orange adds intrigue and visual interest. He has it all and it all comes together to form such a gorgeous, impressive dragons. I know all of your dragons are G1s, but this is the kind of dragon where you glance at the [i]none[/i] and just think [i]how can anyone be that lucky[/i]
@Golurk

your lair is so impressive! The tab names are all so evocative and all the dragons are so stunning. The color coordination is immaculate and I love the little poems in the tab description!
These were my faves:
57346029_350.png Etienne reminds me of tolkien like elves somehow? He's utterly beautiful, golden and serene and yet there's something very sorrowful to him. His bio really hits straight on the vibe he gave me - a strong connection to the earth and some sort of immense burden. It's a really strong emotional effect for one to give off. I think it's achieved through first of all his colors. That soft, mellow green of his primary reminds me of grass on an almost too-hot summer day, his secondary has that same soft, subtle quality to it and the apparel just adds to it - matching the soft gold perfectly and tying his look together very well. And then I think another very big part of it is the simplicity of his design. He really gets to breathe and shine in his beauty. His eyes especially becomes the instant eye-catching feature and you start wondering what he's thinking. A beautiful, sorrowful, thoughtful dragon all around
52495074_350.png Ridgeback males are so overlooked and this boy is proof of how much more attention they deserve. He's as far from being goofy as it gets. His color palette is so stunning and striking and I love how well balanced it is. You've managed to play with a lot of different orange, red, yellow and gold tones on him without it ever becoming cluttered or messy looking. His brighter primary color give shim that eye-catching factor while his wings mellow him out some and then all the yellow apparel (the pants, the metal on the steampunk pieces, the roundhorns) adds a red thread through him that helps pull it all together. It also adds a lot of interest to him. Your eye keeps roaming over him, latching onto the yellow as you go. His entire profile - from the familiar to the scene to his simple, effective bio - is just so precise and well put together!
63648633_350.png I imagine this boy is a bit of a fan favorite? He's stunning and complex and kind of brutal in his presentation? Again, the bio completely catches his vibe - something strong and slightly sinister and prideful. The open expanse of his cool brown primary (and the ragged, spiky markings of vipera) gives him that feeling of strength, the daredevil cover and his claws left uncovered and sharp along with the floaty, undefined shapes of morphs adds that feeling of unease and all the rest gives him a big reason to be full of pride. All the intricate details and roses on the accent makes him elegant and sharp. The nuances of slight blue on the accent on his wing against the deep orange adds intrigue and visual interest. He has it all and it all comes together to form such a gorgeous, impressive dragons. I know all of your dragons are G1s, but this is the kind of dragon where you glance at the none and just think how can anyone be that lucky
myre.jpg
1 2 3 4