Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Lineage IC?
1 2
Interested list is in Bladedancer’s profile, will ping when this goes up! The first kids are due to hatch July 4th, a national holiday in my country as well as a full moon! How interested would anyone be for a lineage between these two? I’m gonna add some cool lore to it! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61551039] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/615511/61551039_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61444262] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/614443/61444262_350.png[/img] [/url] Some ideas I have: 1. Their dependents must be born on a full moon, but the days before and after count as well. 2. Only 1 egg from each nest survives due to natural or un natural problems, up to Nestor to determine. (Hesitant, but sounds cool) 3. The hatchling is bound to bring destruction to their home lair, either by raging wildfires, flooding, sudden death, plagues, or any other form. Thus, they are seen as cursed and are usually cast out. 4. The hatchling may or may not inherit their parents ability to smooth talk themselves out of any situation, fantastic singers/bards/storytellers, rumors that they can use their voices as weapons often have them initially cast out before eventual acceptance. 5. The hatchling is destined to be either filthy rich or a servant for life/slave. My personal favorites are 3 and 4! What do you guys think? Is there one up there you hate, another idea you have, or a way to make their descendents even more [s]cursed[/s] interesting? ~~~~ The ones that are going to be used are 1, 3, and 4.
Interested list is in Bladedancer’s profile, will ping when this goes up!

The first kids are due to hatch July 4th, a national holiday in my country as well as a full moon!

How interested would anyone be for a lineage between these two? I’m gonna add some cool lore to it!

61551039_350.png

61444262_350.png

Some ideas I have:
1. Their dependents must be born on a full moon, but the days before and after count as well.
2. Only 1 egg from each nest survives due to natural or un natural problems, up to Nestor to determine. (Hesitant, but sounds cool)
3. The hatchling is bound to bring destruction to their home lair, either by raging wildfires, flooding, sudden death, plagues, or any other form. Thus, they are seen as cursed and are usually cast out.
4. The hatchling may or may not inherit their parents ability to smooth talk themselves out of any situation, fantastic singers/bards/storytellers, rumors that they can use their voices as weapons often have them initially cast out before eventual acceptance.
5. The hatchling is destined to be either filthy rich or a servant for life/slave.

My personal favorites are 3 and 4! What do you guys think? Is there one up there you hate, another idea you have, or a way to make their descendents even more cursed interesting?

~~~~
The ones that are going to be used are 1, 3, and 4.
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
interesting! If you end up doing this id like a ping. I really like the "only one egg survives" thing! gives it something interesting, don't you think?
interesting! If you end up doing this id like a ping. I really like the "only one egg survives" thing! gives it something interesting, don't you think?
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
That's so cool! I'd love to see this unfold.

Coincidentally I'm doing something similar, though not as involved because I'm lazy. I might have to adopt the rule number 2 since the pairing has three kids and one of them already has a nest of three too, the other two still can't breed. So I think the 2nd one is a really good idea if only to save up on space.

Good luck with your project and I'd like to be pinged if you end up doing it.
That's so cool! I'd love to see this unfold.

Coincidentally I'm doing something similar, though not as involved because I'm lazy. I might have to adopt the rule number 2 since the pairing has three kids and one of them already has a nest of three too, the other two still can't breed. So I think the 2nd one is a really good idea if only to save up on space.

Good luck with your project and I'd like to be pinged if you end up doing it.
bppz9p3.png
@pokemoncha
I know, I love that idea but I feel like its lineage project, so it wouldn't make sense! And, if multiple people wanted a kid, it would make it harder to get one if you had only 1 a month to give away. I'm thinking maybe if the kid doesn't hatch on the full moon date it dies? IDK, these things are hard, LOL

@Eannath
Thanks for your interest, and I'll give you a ping! And that is true, it would save lots of lair space! LOL. I'd love to see how it works out if you decide to use it though!
@pokemoncha
I know, I love that idea but I feel like its lineage project, so it wouldn't make sense! And, if multiple people wanted a kid, it would make it harder to get one if you had only 1 a month to give away. I'm thinking maybe if the kid doesn't hatch on the full moon date it dies? IDK, these things are hard, LOL

@Eannath
Thanks for your interest, and I'll give you a ping! And that is true, it would save lots of lair space! LOL. I'd love to see how it works out if you decide to use it though!
At first I was planning only allowing them 1 clutch and after that they are infertile and can't have more kids.
But now I think I'm going to add that it they have more than 1 kid they are only allowed to keep 2 children, the rest are sent to the shadowbinder to aid with the war effort.
Except for the 1st Gen since I already have mates for all of them.
At first I was planning only allowing them 1 clutch and after that they are infertile and can't have more kids.
But now I think I'm going to add that it they have more than 1 kid they are only allowed to keep 2 children, the rest are sent to the shadowbinder to aid with the war effort.
Except for the 1st Gen since I already have mates for all of them.
bppz9p3.png
@Eannath
I was thinking for mine if I did this, that like, one hatchling might wander off and get eaten by a beast, and another night injure their sibling, or something like that. Being infertile is another good idea too!
@Eannath
I was thinking for mine if I did this, that like, one hatchling might wander off and get eaten by a beast, and another night injure their sibling, or something like that. Being infertile is another good idea too!
That's super cool, it definitedly add to the cursed feel of the lineage, do you plan to add it to the parents biography?
That's super cool, it definitedly add to the cursed feel of the lineage, do you plan to add it to the parents biography?
bppz9p3.png
@Eannath
I’m sure I’ll add at least some of the lore to the parent’s biography, specifically the destruction and singing. If I choose to make them infertile after awhile or no longer able to care for hatchlings for some reason, I’ll probably add it too. I’ve already started a list on Bladedancer’s profile of the ideas I had, as well as the pinglist.
@Eannath
I’m sure I’ll add at least some of the lore to the parent’s biography, specifically the destruction and singing. If I choose to make them infertile after awhile or no longer able to care for hatchlings for some reason, I’ll probably add it too. I’ve already started a list on Bladedancer’s profile of the ideas I had, as well as the pinglist.
Great! Wish you good luck and looking forwards to seeing how it develops.
Great! Wish you good luck and looking forwards to seeing how it develops.
bppz9p3.png
@Eannath
Thanks! The kids should hatch July 4th. :)
@Eannath
Thanks! The kids should hatch July 4th. :)
1 2