Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [LORE+LINEAGE] The Barghests
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 59 60
@CalliopeVale

For sure! Should be a few nests to hatch on upcoming full moons in April and May (likely the G2 pair Asmodeus and his mate, Beowulf along with Caviar and his consort, Tobiko).

The next Founder hatch (Ankh and Scarab) will be June 20th for the Summer Solstice.
@CalliopeVale

For sure! Should be a few nests to hatch on upcoming full moons in April and May (likely the G2 pair Asmodeus and his mate, Beowulf along with Caviar and his consort, Tobiko).

The next Founder hatch (Ankh and Scarab) will be June 20th for the Summer Solstice.
@HorrorFiend

Added! Also just have to say I adore Shunka and it will be interesting to see if his primal eyes will play a role in his story or abilities~
@HorrorFiend

Added! Also just have to say I adore Shunka and it will be interesting to see if his primal eyes will play a role in his story or abilities~
[center] [size=5] LORE . UPDATE[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ks4AXg6.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7] [b][font=sylfaen]CHAPTER III: THE RED RIVER[/b][/size] [size=4] [b][font=sylfaen] A TALE FOR CAVIAR [/size][/center] [i]The lands surrounding the Red River are cursed by hunger. The river runs dark rusted red - perhaps due to the iron-laden stones that line the riverbed or the thousands of salmon roe deposited amidst the torrents. Others say that the waters are stained by the blood of a great beast, a promise kept from long ago. This is the tale of the barghest, Caviar.[/i] This tale can be found in [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58592644]Caviar's[/url] bio or posted to the lore thread, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2818759/1#post_42196778]here[/url]. [/center] ------- [size=2]Pinglist for Lore Updates:@awaicu @TextbookHumor @SuperNinjaDragon @Disillusionist @Doxiunoia @Lilyraven @Haftlinger @Koffein @angsthound @WolfandCrow @CalliopeVale @Jaspernoir
LORE . UPDATE
Ks4AXg6.png
CHAPTER III: THE RED RIVER
A TALE FOR CAVIAR

The lands surrounding the Red River are cursed by hunger. The river runs dark rusted red - perhaps due to the iron-laden stones that line the riverbed or the thousands of salmon roe deposited amidst the torrents. Others say that the waters are stained by the blood of a great beast, a promise kept from long ago.

This is the tale of the barghest, Caviar.

This tale can be found in Caviar's bio or posted to the lore thread, here.

Pinglist for Lore Updates:@awaicu @TextbookHumor @SuperNinjaDragon @Disillusionist @Doxiunoia @Lilyraven @Haftlinger @Koffein @angsthound @WolfandCrow @CalliopeVale @Jaspernoir

@awaicu It was great to see Caviar's and Tobiko's lore! I always look forward to reading your descriptions of settings. The brief flashback, with Tobiko and her father discussing things, really helped set the bleak, hopeless mood at the beginning of the story, but having Mama Rae around kept it from becoming too hopeless. "But m'lord, I don't even eat meat" was also a wonderful addition. A nice touch of levity that managed to not be out of place with the rest of the story.

The dream sequence was also so gorgeously haunting, and it reminded me of that bit in "Beauty and the Beast" where Belle's in the West Wing and sees Adam's ruined portrait. A lot about what happened to Caviar remains pretty mysterious, and I hope we can get a clearer picture someday. That bit with "I found the dogs in the river...And the river ran red" really gave me the shivers. Nicely done!
@awaicu It was great to see Caviar's and Tobiko's lore! I always look forward to reading your descriptions of settings. The brief flashback, with Tobiko and her father discussing things, really helped set the bleak, hopeless mood at the beginning of the story, but having Mama Rae around kept it from becoming too hopeless. "But m'lord, I don't even eat meat" was also a wonderful addition. A nice touch of levity that managed to not be out of place with the rest of the story.

The dream sequence was also so gorgeously haunting, and it reminded me of that bit in "Beauty and the Beast" where Belle's in the West Wing and sees Adam's ruined portrait. A lot about what happened to Caviar remains pretty mysterious, and I hope we can get a clearer picture someday. That bit with "I found the dogs in the river...And the river ran red" really gave me the shivers. Nicely done!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I'm a fan of the writing style you did for Caviar's lore, and the characterisation was so believable (particularly for Mama Rae and her son!) :D
Not a single sentence is boring - your descriptions always captivate me and bring me into the scene~

I'll might write more later, but I have an assessment due by the end of today, haha.
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful lore with us, and have a great day!
I'm a fan of the writing style you did for Caviar's lore, and the characterisation was so believable (particularly for Mama Rae and her son!) :D
Not a single sentence is boring - your descriptions always captivate me and bring me into the scene~

I'll might write more later, but I have an assessment due by the end of today, haha.
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful lore with us, and have a great day!
tumblr_opn7kiKzTA1wnxxc9o1_100.pngfT9pA9Y.gifHW6ASYa.png07_SuperNinjaDragon.giftumblr_opn6d7mJiG1wnxxc9o1_100.png
@Disillusionist

Hello! Thanks for your help with the ideas for this story and for dropping by to read the finished product! I'll admit that it evolved a bit as I was writing, but it was a valiant effort at something less dark than usual for me~ I decided to play around a bit with a much more dialogue-heavy writing style this time around. Still, I found myself with a bunch of ideas and pieces of the story that I ended up cutting or not including for this particular tale. . . Perhaps to explore more in future tales.

BUT. I made it through the whole story without killing a single main character off! I designed Mama Rae to try and keep things a bit more lighthearted despite the premise being that of a dark fairytale. She does indeed exist as well --> boop.
@Disillusionist

Hello! Thanks for your help with the ideas for this story and for dropping by to read the finished product! I'll admit that it evolved a bit as I was writing, but it was a valiant effort at something less dark than usual for me~ I decided to play around a bit with a much more dialogue-heavy writing style this time around. Still, I found myself with a bunch of ideas and pieces of the story that I ended up cutting or not including for this particular tale. . . Perhaps to explore more in future tales.

BUT. I made it through the whole story without killing a single main character off! I designed Mama Rae to try and keep things a bit more lighthearted despite the premise being that of a dark fairytale. She does indeed exist as well --> boop.
@awaicu I know the feeling! There've been several cases where I wanted to include some things but felt they just didn't fit in with the story. Always nice to have something to work on for future tales, though, especially with a project as rich as the Barghests. Mama Rae!! [emoji=coatl love] Wow, and Aeron too! They both look fantastic and have such, soothing colors. And Rae's outfit is perfect~ [emoji=heart]
@awaicu I know the feeling! There've been several cases where I wanted to include some things but felt they just didn't fit in with the story. Always nice to have something to work on for future tales, though, especially with a project as rich as the Barghests.

Mama Rae!! Wow, and Aeron too! They both look fantastic and have such, soothing colors. And Rae's outfit is perfect~
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@SuperNinjaDragon

Ahh, thanks! I used a bit more of a dialogue-based storytelling approach this time around so I'm glad that you enjoyed it, along with the characters of Mama Rae and Aeron. Thanks for dropping by to read yet another installment of my overly complex ramblings~

Best of luck with your assignment today as well!
@SuperNinjaDragon

Ahh, thanks! I used a bit more of a dialogue-based storytelling approach this time around so I'm glad that you enjoyed it, along with the characters of Mama Rae and Aeron. Thanks for dropping by to read yet another installment of my overly complex ramblings~

Best of luck with your assignment today as well!
Oh wow!!! Caviar’s lore is amazing!!!!! It was so enthralling and your characters are just so perfect! I am such a fan of your writing, I could read your stories all the time and thank you for sharing :D
Oh wow!!! Caviar’s lore is amazing!!!!! It was so enthralling and your characters are just so perfect! I am such a fan of your writing, I could read your stories all the time and thank you for sharing :D
VYQwMuq.gif
@WolfandCrow

Thanks! This piece was a lot of fun to work on so I'm glad that it and its characters were enjoyable. There will be many more tales on the horizon for these guys, and of course I look forward to seeing any lore that comes from the later generations as well~
@WolfandCrow

Thanks! This piece was a lot of fun to work on so I'm glad that it and its characters were enjoyable. There will be many more tales on the horizon for these guys, and of course I look forward to seeing any lore that comes from the later generations as well~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 59 60