Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Spirit Gate { Skydancer Subspecies}
1 2 3
[center]I'm going to pretext this with this is my first time making a proper forum post then my introduction. Please feel free to critique and help me improve. A Skydancer subspecies ([b][i]SINCE BEEN RETIRED[/i][/b]) Lore: Spirit Gates are nomadic by nature and wander blissfully. Most with timid and peaceful ideals. Some dragons though are ruthless and turn there back to these ways and their kin. One such kin, the dragon Vengeance, drove his whole family from their original territory condemning them to a frozen wasteland that killed most kin. The frozen lands a difficulty for the warm loving skydancers. they adorn themselves with pelts and armor to both serve as a warning and to provide warmth. all Spirit Gates come from one, the supreme father and his many wives. though times are changing and the clan expanding. Justice father of the Spirit Gates is waiting to see how the world will change his kin in the hopes they have a better life than those condemned to exile in the frost lands. Ideals: With coat pattering of opal windows to share their personalities with the world, they come with their own ideas when wandering the world and easily co-exist. they have a love for adventure and are proud creatures. Looks: Skydancers commonly with white or grey bodies for hiding in their new frozen home its rare for a darker colored Spirit Gate. Most if not all With the savannah gene remaining from their old home in the plague lands. Their attire is commonly a nod to their status and position in their culture. Jewelry around the neck and ankles are signs of importance and grace. Creator closing: it would bring me great joy for people to join this subspecies. These dragons have unintentionally grown very close to my heart. they started out because I didn't want people to just buy and exalt my dragons without naming them. so I named then sold them. Doing which I was correct they did just simply get exalted. In creating this, those dragons that did get the names of personalities and where exalted where lift out as the kin that died. its to be expected but I wanted a story reason for it. I know many won't see this but for the few that do its worth it. If anyone is interested there ARE two kin still up for sale and I really want everyone to see and enjoy the species so feel free to contact me and ask questions. As a last note id also really like to thank my friend @prehistory for helping me build this story and for teaching me about the fun roleplaying aspect of the game. for a wonderful example of a view into the story element used by others take a look at @DawnsEmbrace and her design of omnipotence. thank you for reading, Echo this is Justice the Alpha [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36265676] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/362657/36265676_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
I'm going to pretext this with this is my first time making a proper forum post then my introduction. Please feel free to critique and help me improve.

A Skydancer subspecies (SINCE BEEN RETIRED)

Lore:
Spirit Gates are nomadic by nature and wander blissfully. Most with timid and peaceful ideals. Some dragons though are ruthless and turn there back to these ways and their kin. One such kin, the dragon Vengeance, drove his whole family from their original territory condemning them to a frozen wasteland that killed most kin. The frozen lands a difficulty for the warm loving skydancers. they adorn themselves with pelts and armor to both serve as a warning and to provide warmth.
all Spirit Gates come from one, the supreme father and his many wives. though times are changing and the clan expanding. Justice father of the Spirit Gates is waiting to see how the world will change his kin in the hopes they have a better life than those condemned to exile in the frost lands.

Ideals:
With coat pattering of opal windows to share their personalities with the world, they come with their own ideas when wandering the world and easily co-exist. they have a love for adventure and are proud creatures.

Looks:
Skydancers commonly with white or grey bodies for hiding in their new frozen home its rare for a darker colored Spirit Gate. Most if not all With the savannah gene remaining from their old home in the plague lands. Their attire is commonly a nod to their status and position in their culture. Jewelry around the neck and ankles are signs of importance and grace.

Creator closing:
it would bring me great joy for people to join this subspecies. These dragons have unintentionally grown very close to my heart. they started out because I didn't want people to just buy and exalt my dragons without naming them. so I named then sold them. Doing which I was correct they did just simply get exalted. In creating this, those dragons that did get the names of personalities and where exalted where lift out as the kin that died. its to be expected but I wanted a story reason for it. I know many won't see this but for the few that do its worth it. If anyone is interested there ARE two kin still up for sale and I really want everyone to see and enjoy the species so feel free to contact me and ask questions.
As a last note id also really like to thank my friend @prehistory for helping me build this story and for teaching me about the fun roleplaying aspect of the game. for a wonderful example of a view into the story element used by others take a look at @DawnsEmbrace and her design of omnipotence.
thank you for reading, Echo
this is Justice the Alpha

36265676_350.png

22_zpskcordmhr.gif qbj5aU6.gif
[center][font=cambria][size=7]The Exiled[/size] While most Spirit Gates are relatively friendly and kind, some have chosen to turn their backs on these peaceful ways and the kin who follow them. These dragons were exiled to the Abiding Boneyard, where they remain today. It'd all started with the first three of Justice's children. From a young age, they had displayed aggressiveness, and while their mothers and father believed it would wear off with age, it only grew worse. While justice and vengence are two things very similar, justice is truthful and virtuous, and yet vengence is a vile thing, fueled only by hate and selfishness. And this is where Vengence and Justice first butted heads. Justice had wanted his clan to stay the same, and mind their own business, whereas Vengence was power-hungry and malicious. When he was old enough to take the throne, he challenged his father, but was ultimately defeated and thrown out of the clan because of his arrogance. Vengence fled to the Abiding Boneyard, convincing his sister Grit to follow him, and from there they built a clan for theirself, converting other skydancers, and continuinh their bloodline, ultimately splitting the family for good. [b][u]Culture[/u][/b] Dragons from this side of the family tend to have more volatile personality traits, and as such, will tend to favor places that are tough and agressive, just like they are. Particularly, the plague region, as this is also where this bloodline comes from. They value hard work, survival and overall hardiness above all else. [b][u]Heirarchy[/u][/b] Unlike in the peaceful Spirit Gates' community, these Spirit Gates have a more laid-back system as far as breeding goes. Anyone is allowed to breed with whom they please, yet the relationships must be between two dragons of equal strength rather than love, to ensure that only the toughest bloodlines go on. [b][u]Genes & Apparel[/u][/b] The exiled spirit gates retain their general physical appearence. Although, Spirit Gates from the exiled side of the family will hold darker, more saturated colors and personalities, while the others will have more soft and welcoming colors. [b]Pirmary[/b] Savannah ONLY No specific color limitations, but Spirit Gates should have generally muted body colors like black, white, tan and brown. [b]Secondary[/b] Seraph, safari, butterfly, constellation, bee, and peregrine are all acceptable secondaries. Spirit gates can have nearly any secondary color, though they are usually not muted like the primary colors. [b]Tertiary[/b] Opal ONLY a Spirit Gate's opal is their most notable feature and the thing that makes them a spirit gate. Their opal can be any color of the rainbow. [b]Apparel[/b] WIP [b][u]Members[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=339028&tab=dragon&did=48192965][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/481930/48192965p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=339028&did=40350165][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/403502/40350165p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=339028&did=49980141][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/499802/49980141p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=339028&did=50136722][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/501368/50136722p.png[/img][/url] [/center]
The Exiled

While most Spirit Gates are relatively friendly and kind, some have chosen to turn their backs on these peaceful ways and the kin who follow them. These dragons were exiled to the Abiding Boneyard, where they remain today.

It'd all started with the first three of Justice's children. From a young age, they had displayed aggressiveness, and while their mothers and father believed it would wear off with age, it only grew worse.

While justice and vengence are two things very similar, justice is truthful and virtuous, and yet vengence is a vile thing, fueled only by hate and selfishness.

And this is where Vengence and Justice first butted heads.

Justice had wanted his clan to stay the same, and mind their own business, whereas Vengence was power-hungry and malicious. When he was old enough to take the throne, he challenged his father, but was ultimately defeated and thrown out of the clan because of his arrogance.

Vengence fled to the Abiding Boneyard, convincing his sister Grit to follow him, and from there they built a clan for theirself, converting other skydancers, and continuinh their bloodline, ultimately splitting the family for good.

Culture

Dragons from this side of the family tend to have more volatile personality traits, and as such, will tend to favor places that are tough and agressive, just like they are. Particularly, the plague region, as this is also where this bloodline comes from. They value hard work, survival and overall hardiness above all else.

Heirarchy

Unlike in the peaceful Spirit Gates' community, these Spirit Gates have a more laid-back system as far as breeding goes. Anyone is allowed to breed with whom they please, yet the relationships must be between two dragons of equal strength rather than love, to ensure that only the toughest bloodlines go on.

Genes & Apparel

The exiled spirit gates retain their general physical appearence. Although, Spirit Gates from the exiled side of the family will hold darker, more saturated colors and personalities, while the others will have more soft and welcoming colors.

Pirmary
Savannah ONLY
No specific color limitations, but Spirit Gates should have generally muted body colors like black, white, tan and brown.

Secondary
Seraph, safari, butterfly, constellation, bee, and peregrine are all acceptable secondaries.
Spirit gates can have nearly any secondary color, though they are usually not muted like the primary colors.

Tertiary
Opal ONLY
a Spirit Gate's opal is their most notable feature and the thing that makes them a spirit gate. Their opal can be any color of the rainbow.

Apparel

WIP

Members

48192965p.png 40350165p.png 49980141p.png 50136722p.png

lightvs1.png Call me Sid! FRT+2
Q0p4QGz.png
MtGlogH.png
mtHAEL4.png
oIq57Wd.png
FObX7rS.png

[/url]
Hey these seem really interesting! I'd love to take a look at any of this subspecies who are for sale! ♥
Hey these seem really interesting! I'd love to take a look at any of this subspecies who are for sale! ♥
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
Bumpity! XD
Bumpity! XD
dNr6eDi.pngdaxrKiZ.pngdAOhVfT.pngiVk7sjq.png
@Echotech
Oh hey interesting! Would be really cool if this included other breeds (mainly mirrors. <3 mirrors)
@Echotech
Oh hey interesting! Would be really cool if this included other breeds (mainly mirrors. <3 mirrors)
96Hu3ST.png Please no travelling dergs.
@FelinaeFatale We're sorry, but their lore is tied to the fact that their opal color reflects the pinnacle of their personality, and since skydancers are known for detecting and displaying emotion, this is the only breed we want in our subspecies.

On a more personal note, I love mirrors too! So don't worry, I wish we could fit them in as well, but the lore just doesn't call for it.
@FelinaeFatale We're sorry, but their lore is tied to the fact that their opal color reflects the pinnacle of their personality, and since skydancers are known for detecting and displaying emotion, this is the only breed we want in our subspecies.

On a more personal note, I love mirrors too! So don't worry, I wish we could fit them in as well, but the lore just doesn't call for it.
Q0p4QGz.png
MtGlogH.png
mtHAEL4.png
oIq57Wd.png
FObX7rS.png

[/url]
These are really interesting!!
I'd love a ping when you hatch a fresh batch (Wrath is lovely but I have enough trouble makers in my lair as is ><)
These are really interesting!!
I'd love a ping when you hatch a fresh batch (Wrath is lovely but I have enough trouble makers in my lair as is ><)
24150311784_01c837ffd2_o.png Please don't send me traveling Dragons outside the Dragons off to see the world thread t5termq.gif
@digitalelf there will be a rather lengthy window of time before I myself produce a clutch but if you want one sooner the two other approved breeders have clutches in the making now I believe.
for certain I know @prehistory does, though those tend to be much more troublesome as well.
@digitalelf there will be a rather lengthy window of time before I myself produce a clutch but if you want one sooner the two other approved breeders have clutches in the making now I believe.
for certain I know @prehistory does, though those tend to be much more troublesome as well.
Finished my side of the Spirit Gates. @EchoTech how is it?
Finished my side of the Spirit Gates. @EchoTech how is it?
Q0p4QGz.png
MtGlogH.png
mtHAEL4.png
oIq57Wd.png
FObX7rS.png

[/url]
@prehistory. The finished exile tab looks great. If you don’t mind I’ll take the outline of it and adapt the inner circle around it.
@prehistory. The finished exile tab looks great. If you don’t mind I’ll take the outline of it and adapt the inner circle around it.
1 2 3