Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [IC] Lairweaver Fae
1 2
[center][item=amber-trapped fly][i][size=7]Lairweaver Fae[/size][/i][item=amber-trapped fly] [rule] [b]This is my first time doing a breeding pair/subspecies idea, so please feel free to offer me critique![/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=12&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=2&auth=bac5c1af70bcd8305a69be57cb4044eab5078bf2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [rule] [i]Being a petite, feather-light creature, many habits of the Fae are not unlike those of birds, insects and other small creatures that swarm the atmosphere of Sornieth. Akin to wasps and swallows, this breed of dragon uses resources in its environment to build nesting places, also known as lairs. In the case of the Fae, the favored material is tree sap, which is treated with an enzyme-rich fluid from mandibular glands, causing the sap to harden. But the Fae's prudent nest building doesn't stop there. Ever since their departure from their birthplace, the Starwood Strand, Fae lairbuilding techniques have continued to evolve. In some individuals, the glands began to enlarge, allowing for more rapid processing of treesap. As the Fae began to populate more densely wooded areas, larger sap processing capacity began to be selected for. High selective pressure lead to the evolution of a whole dedicated membrane-like organ in the body of some individual mutant Fae, where ingested tree sap is processed into amber-like threads. Although still quite rare, these mutant Fae are praised by their colleagues for being great architects and constructors of lairs, highly useful among larger Fae populations. [/i] [rule] [img]https://i.imgur.com/u8dUa6Z.png[/img] As far as we know to date, there is only one pair of fully mutated Lairweaver Fae that has actually pairbonded and is ready to produce their first clutch. Their offspring is said to inherit their treesap-digesting abilities, making them unique lair builders in the future. [columns][img]https://i.ibb.co/BqhGdK2/ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif[/img][nextcol]The pair will be elligible for nesting for the first time on March the 10th. Hatchlings will probably be priced at 20k, but this is still open for consideration. They will be reared in a Light nest.[/columns] [rule] [size=6]Pinglist[/size] Please leave a comment to be added to this list! I am subscribed! @/sparkdust @/Wraith296 [/center]
Amber-trapped Fly Lairweaver Fae Amber-trapped Fly
This is my first time doing a breeding pair/subspecies idea, so please feel free to offer me critique!
dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=12&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=2&auth=bac5c1af70bcd8305a69be57cb4044eab5078bf2&dummyext=prev.png
Being a petite, feather-light creature, many habits of the Fae are not unlike those of birds, insects and other small creatures that swarm the atmosphere of Sornieth. Akin to wasps and swallows, this breed of dragon uses resources in its environment to build nesting places, also known as lairs. In the case of the Fae, the favored material is tree sap, which is treated with an enzyme-rich fluid from mandibular glands, causing the sap to harden.
But the Fae's prudent nest building doesn't stop there. Ever since their departure from their birthplace, the Starwood Strand, Fae lairbuilding techniques have continued to evolve. In some individuals, the glands began to enlarge, allowing for more rapid processing of treesap. As the Fae began to populate more densely wooded areas, larger sap processing capacity began to be selected for. High selective pressure lead to the evolution of a whole dedicated membrane-like organ in the body of some individual mutant Fae, where ingested tree sap is processed into amber-like threads.
Although still quite rare, these mutant Fae are praised by their colleagues for being great architects and constructors of lairs, highly useful among larger Fae populations.

u8dUa6Z.png
As far as we know to date, there is only one pair of fully mutated Lairweaver Fae that has actually pairbonded and is ready to produce their first clutch. Their offspring is said to inherit their treesap-digesting abilities, making them unique lair builders in the future.
ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif The pair will be elligible for nesting for the first time on March the 10th.
Hatchlings will probably be priced at 20k, but this is still open for consideration.
They will be reared in a Light nest.

Pinglist
Please leave a comment to be added to this list! I am subscribed!
@/sparkdust
@/Wraith296
Cappu
+9 hours Flight Rising time
Your local nearly PG friendly milky coffee addict
click here for my art commission thread
I do traditional ink drawings of any creature!
[item=amber-trapped fly][size=6]bump[/size]
Amber-trapped Fly bump
Cappu
[item=amber-trapped fly]
Amber-trapped Fly
Cappu
Ooh! Can I be on the pinglist? I need more Fae color variety
Ooh! Can I be on the pinglist? I need more Fae color variety
Non-Fodder Available For Fodder Prices
@sparkdust
Thank you for your interest! <3 I added you to the pinglist
@sparkdust
Thank you for your interest! <3 I added you to the pinglist
Cappu
[item=amber-trapped fly]
Amber-trapped Fly
Cappu
[item=amber-trapped fly]
Amber-trapped Fly
Cappu
There's Spin's parents as well :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40205924] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/402060/40205924_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39975035] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/399751/39975035_350.png[/img] [/url]
There's Spin's parents as well :)

40205924_350.png

39975035_350.png
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
@Gormanghast

Ahhh, of course! I remember you did the great honor of gifting me Spin! Would you be interested in any of her hatchlings (for free ;)? And would you like me to include her parents in the lore as well?
@Gormanghast

Ahhh, of course! I remember you did the great honor of gifting me Spin! Would you be interested in any of her hatchlings (for free ;)? And would you like me to include her parents in the lore as well?
Cappu
@Koffie

I appreciate that, but I have a different idea for their background.

Are you interested in getting poison for Spin as well? I can brew that.
@Koffie

I appreciate that, but I have a different idea for their background.

Are you interested in getting poison for Spin as well? I can brew that.
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
1 2