Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Plague Subspecies] Necromancers
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 235 236
nvm I just figured out his lore: This is Kanah, a Plague raised Wind dragon. Her parents travel the scarred wasteland, selling their wares, and sometimes she returns home for a visit. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37015825] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370159/37015825_350.png[/img][/url] Perhaps on her travels, she comes across a young Kamon and it hits her instantly; this young mirror is her charge. Unaware of [i]every[/i] sort of dragon kind that walks the wastes, she just steals him away back to her lair in the plateau. There, she consults the only other Plague she knows, another mirror named Moira, a hardened warrior. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36889642] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/368897/36889642_350.png[/img][/url] Moira, a dragon who had wandered away from the strife of the wastes, tired of living in the squalor, and thus very knowledgeable on the cultures found in her homeland, immediatly knows who Kanah brought back. She asks her if she knows what kind of dragon she brought back. Kanah shrugs, "a mirror i suppose?" And Moira starts laughing, a true, all-is-lost, we're doomed, sort of laugh that bellows all throughout the cave. She calms, sighs a little then turns to glare at Kanah, "this is a [i]Necromancer[/i]." "A what?" "A kind of devout dragon that hails the plague mother herself. They carry her illness, her disease; hoping to either overcome it or die trying, spreading it as they breathe their last breaths. "This one seems to be in the early stages of the ritual, surviving the plague that courses through him." Moira hisses softly, "he might overcome it, but he also may succumb to it, and with that, we will all perish with him." Kanah feels uneasy about it, but still, this child is her [i]charge[/i], and by the Windsinger, she will do anything she can to keep him going. So she takes him to the cliffs, and there they stay, waiting for whatever to happen, happen. Moira ends up taking a shine to the boy, and decides that she might as well enjoy her last days alive, and takes to training him in combat. Kanah shows her love in a strange way, she teases him endlessly. Tells him she can't have a weakling for a charge, when she sees him defeat Moira in a spar. He ends up surviving the illness, the fact his guardian and his mentor care for him keeps him going. He tells Kanah of the final trial; he has to pass on the illness to another and take it away. Kanah stops him, "say no more, I will gladly take it on." And he pauses, sorta pales, "no, no, what if I can't take it back? I couldn't live with myself if you had passed away because of me!" Kanah sniffs, "well I wouldn't want my charge to be so weak. I'd be glad to have died." Knowing she was just teasing him, he lays his head flat against her chest, mumbling something about how she's so mean to him. She just hums a lullaby and they sit there, basking in the glow of the setting sun. The Final day comes, and they're ready. Kanah will be taking the plague from her Charge, and Kamon will be removing it from his Guardian. Hopefully.
nvm I just figured out his lore:

This is Kanah, a Plague raised Wind dragon. Her parents travel the scarred wasteland, selling their wares, and sometimes she returns home for a visit.

37015825_350.png

Perhaps on her travels, she comes across a young Kamon and it hits her instantly; this young mirror is her charge. Unaware of every sort of dragon kind that walks the wastes, she just steals him away back to her lair in the plateau.

There, she consults the only other Plague she knows, another mirror named Moira, a hardened warrior.

36889642_350.png

Moira, a dragon who had wandered away from the strife of the wastes, tired of living in the squalor, and thus very knowledgeable on the cultures found in her homeland, immediatly knows who Kanah brought back. She asks her if she knows what kind of dragon she brought back. Kanah shrugs, "a mirror i suppose?"

And Moira starts laughing, a true, all-is-lost, we're doomed, sort of laugh that bellows all throughout the cave. She calms, sighs a little then turns to glare at Kanah, "this is a Necromancer."

"A what?"

"A kind of devout dragon that hails the plague mother herself. They carry her illness, her disease; hoping to either overcome it or die trying, spreading it as they breathe their last breaths.

"This one seems to be in the early stages of the ritual, surviving the plague that courses through him." Moira hisses softly, "he might overcome it, but he also may succumb to it, and with that, we will all perish with him."

Kanah feels uneasy about it, but still, this child is her charge, and by the Windsinger, she will do anything she can to keep him going. So she takes him to the cliffs, and there they stay, waiting for whatever to happen, happen.

Moira ends up taking a shine to the boy, and decides that she might as well enjoy her last days alive, and takes to training him in combat.

Kanah shows her love in a strange way, she teases him endlessly. Tells him she can't have a weakling for a charge, when she sees him defeat Moira in a spar.

He ends up surviving the illness, the fact his guardian and his mentor care for him keeps him going.

He tells Kanah of the final trial; he has to pass on the illness to another and take it away.

Kanah stops him, "say no more, I will gladly take it on."

And he pauses, sorta pales, "no, no, what if I can't take it back? I couldn't live with myself if you had passed away because of me!"

Kanah sniffs, "well I wouldn't want my charge to be so weak. I'd be glad to have died."

Knowing she was just teasing him, he lays his head flat against her chest, mumbling something about how she's so mean to him. She just hums a lullaby and they sit there, basking in the glow of the setting sun.

The Final day comes, and they're ready. Kanah will be taking the plague from her Charge, and Kamon will be removing it from his Guardian. Hopefully.
Pressed Moonflower HX0RiC0.png bogbees
ABOUT MEAVATAR LORE
CODESPROJECTSDRAGON SALES
     tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_inline_pstga2kfNz1tc3swm_75sq.png
[size=1]@VuittonVampire @unseelieknight @Mnkn10 @bonefiend @mulderyes @Hexingisfun @PAlbatross @Lukas1997 @reotheleo @Kava @Shadari @Moonseed @Halua @Agonist @Twistedstripe @Pebz @SashaFiredrake @knockoutbd @Hmm @RoaringSpector @Avanari @Horseleech @Shadowfire1223 @Dantastic[/size] [b][color= B40404] Failed Plague Mirrors[/b][/color] Ghouls for sale! These dragons failed the Second Trial of Survival and Rot runs rampant through their veins. Seen by Plague clans as a bad omen, foreign clans, however, may be unaware of their inherent danger....Prideful clans may also attempt to sequester a Ghoul or coerce its uncontrolled destruction onto their enemies... [b]15kt or 14kt if you post what low level familiar is unfortunate enough to keep your Ghoul’s company (see [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017#post_32545840]lore list[/url]).[b] [i]Females[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42445306] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424454/42445306_350.png[/img] [/url] [s][b]1[/b] Sanguine, blood, blood[/s] [b]Sold![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42445307] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424454/42445307_350.png[/img] [/url] [s][b]2[/b] Sanguine, blood, blood [/s] [b]Sold![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42445309] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424454/42445309_350.png[/img] [/url] [s][b]3[/b] Sanguine, sanguine, maroon[/s] [b]Sold![/b] [i]Males[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42445308] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424454/42445308_350.png[/img] [/url] [s][b]4[/b] Blood, sanguine, sanguine[/s] [b]Sold![/b] [quote]Want the “canon” Ghoul experience? I can hold onto your dragon until they reach adulthood and attempt the Necromancer Trials (~2 weeks). During that time, I will: - Add basic coding to the dragon’s bio - Write a short, unsettling tale about your dragon's failure - Customize your banner with your Ghoul banner with your derg's image once they get settled in your clan and all dolled up - Of course: at any time during the “canon” experience, you can tap out and get your dragon early! For an examples, check out: Mnkn10's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41054108]Unnamed PC Goul[/url], and Kava's[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41054111] Netsu[/url] [i]Tips are welcome but unnecessary. I gladly offer this service for free as I enjoy this subspecies and lore :)[/i][/quote] Also, @unseelieknight I really enjoyed reading your little origin story for Kamon! Interesting to picture him growing up at the Plateau which is a cool change from most lore that takes place in the Wasteland. Also your dergs are dressed to the 9s.
@VuittonVampire @unseelieknight @Mnkn10 @bonefiend @mulderyes @Hexingisfun @PAlbatross @Lukas1997 @reotheleo @Kava @Shadari @Moonseed @Halua @Agonist @Twistedstripe @Pebz @SashaFiredrake @knockoutbd @Hmm @RoaringSpector @Avanari @Horseleech @Shadowfire1223 @Dantastic

Failed Plague Mirrors

Ghouls for sale! These dragons failed the Second Trial of Survival and Rot runs rampant through their veins. Seen by Plague clans as a bad omen, foreign clans, however, may be unaware of their inherent danger....Prideful clans may also attempt to sequester a Ghoul or coerce its uncontrolled destruction onto their enemies...

15kt or 14kt if you post what low level familiar is unfortunate enough to keep your Ghoul’s company (see lore list).

Females

42445306_350.png

1 Sanguine, blood, blood Sold!

42445307_350.png

2 Sanguine, blood, blood
Sold!

42445309_350.png

3 Sanguine, sanguine, maroon Sold!

Males

42445308_350.png

4 Blood, sanguine, sanguine Sold!

Quote:
Want the “canon” Ghoul experience? I can hold onto your dragon until they reach adulthood and attempt the Necromancer Trials (~2 weeks). During that time, I will:

- Add basic coding to the dragon’s bio
- Write a short, unsettling tale about your dragon's failure
- Customize your banner with your Ghoul banner with your derg's image once they get settled in your clan and all dolled up
- Of course: at any time during the “canon” experience, you can tap out and get your dragon early!

For an examples, check out: Mnkn10's Unnamed PC Goul, and Kava's Netsu

Tips are welcome but unnecessary. I gladly offer this service for free as I enjoy this subspecies and lore :)

Also, @unseelieknight I really enjoyed reading your little origin story for Kamon! Interesting to picture him growing up at the Plateau which is a cool change from most lore that takes place in the Wasteland. Also your dergs are dressed to the 9s.
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
@TheCell

Could I get one of the Sanguine/blood/blood girls? I'll be giving her a Greybeak Reaper fam.

Can we also have her do the 'canon' ghoul experience? I need to get started on the lore of my Necros and this will help me get moving lol.
@TheCell

Could I get one of the Sanguine/blood/blood girls? I'll be giving her a Greybeak Reaper fam.

Can we also have her do the 'canon' ghoul experience? I need to get started on the lore of my Necros and this will help me get moving lol.
NkwoHll.pngM9Ailyh.gif2Z6dHoL.gifU4EUBBD.png
@Halua Sure! I'll message you this weekend about getting your Ghoul's lore started. Just need to finish up a Servus I was writing.
@Halua Sure! I'll message you this weekend about getting your Ghoul's lore started. Just need to finish up a Servus I was writing.
I'll get #3!
I'll get #3!
@3idolon I DID THE THING! Malin now has Iridescent! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41888768] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418888/41888768_350.png[/img] [/url]
@3idolon I DID THE THING! Malin now has Iridescent!

41888768_350.png
Hemolich_badge_100px.png Aether_Small.png
@Moonseed sure thing! That one was my favorite of the bunch :) I’ll send a CR

@RoaringSpector Yas!! You did the thing! What an awesome looking Necro
@Moonseed sure thing! That one was my favorite of the bunch :) I’ll send a CR

@RoaringSpector Yas!! You did the thing! What an awesome looking Necro
@kmrikkari @Horseleech @TheCell @SashaFiredrake @EssayOfThoughts @reotheleo @Kava

Hello again my lovely givers of feedback! Here are the next three eye types: Faceted, Multi-gaze, and Primal. Again, this is just a rough draft (primal in particular got pretty bad in the writing, though I hope not in the ideas, because tired). Let me know what you think, and thank you all for providing inspiration for these! As always feel free to throw more ideas my way.

Faceted eyes: Dragons with faceted eyes see the world through a myriad of lenses, with each image providing one version of the truth. They see reality as complex and filled with potential - at once paradoxical and inherently consistent. They are experts at quickly taking in stimuli, whether it be visual or metaphysical, and combining it into a single whole. As Necromancers they excel in the role of counselor or diplomat because they can synthesize diverse perspectives and use them to create a guiding path forward. If a common-eyed dragon emerges from the trials with faceted eyes it can indicate a fracturing of the psyche. Strain and stress may have disrupted the dragon’s sense of self, leading to harmful or irrational behavior. Some of these dragons will descend into madness while others learn to rebuild their disrupted mental pathways into a type of clairvoyance, emerging as respected seers.

Multi-gaze: While the faceted-eyed dragon combines versions of reality into a single whole, a multi-gaze dragon can hold several points of view simultaneously and maintain them, even if they are disparate or conflicting. They are hungry for experiences, facts, knowledge – and will consume them indiscriminately, seeking to turn each new tidbit into another facet of themselves. Their ravenous appetites and disquieting appearance may see them expelled from their home clans, especially in flights that do not appreciate the raw potential that they represent. Necromancers with multi-gaze can often call forth a near limitless variety of plague, though the sheer breadth of their ability means it is almost impossible for them to master any one type. Common-eyed dragons that manifest multi-gaze as a result of their trials are said to have fully embraced the doctrines of evolution, adaptation, and unending consumption that represents Plague Flight. They make fanatical priests and zealous warriors, indivertible and fearsome to behold.

Primal: Primeval, fundamental, all-encompassing - dragons with primal eyes can command the raw essence of their element and their power is often staggering. Hatchlings born with primal eyes are viewed as inherently gifted and destined for great things. In the Plague lands these hatchlings are almost always encouraged to attempt the Necromantic trials, and some of the most powerful Necromancers and devastating Ghouls have emerged from their ranks. Necroservus with primal eyes are rare, as these dragons tend to either succeed or fail spectacularly. In either case, primal-eyed dragons that undertake the trials invariably emerge with the following specialties based on their birth element:
(so tired, will re-write later)
  • Earth – Plague that afflicts the bones and the structural integrity of the dragon, such as bone rot, crippling pain, wasting illnesses, and devastation of ligaments and tendons. Conversely, earth Necromancers specialize in returning strength to weakened dragons, and bolstering their immune systems.
  • Fire – Fire-born are especially gifted in bestowing fever and delirium. The most powerful can literally cause the blood to boil. Necromancers are also experts at burning pathogens from the body and searing away infection.
  • Water – Blood borne illnesses are the purview of the water-born, which can also be passed on to offspring in the womb. These dragons can cause disorders such as hemophilia, which sentences the unfortunate to a death by a thousand cuts. Necromancers with water primal eyes make some of the best healers, able to revert plagues spread by even the most powerful Ghoul.
  • Wind – Wind-born are masters of contagion. The dragons they touch are overcome with fits of sneezing and coughing, which inevitably infects the rest of the clan. Necromancers are also capable of dispersing miasma and sickness-causing vapors, even in the Plague lands.
  • Light – Light-born specialize in illnesses resembling radiation poisoning. The afflicted dragon will begin to lose teeth and scales, and in the long term cancers and tumors will develop in their tissues. Necromancers with light primal eyes are especially good at removing fungal infections.
  • Lightning – Lightning-born are adept at causing neurological disorders, such as convulsions, seizures, uncontrolled trembling, and loss of limb or brain function. Necromancers are some of the few that can cure madness, though this treatment often comes at the cost of a change of personality in the afflicted.
  • Ice – Ice-born are some of the most feared. They are capable of shutting down a dragon’s immune system, allowing infections to run riot, and in addition they can carry a myriad of plagues in stasis within their bodies. While primal-eyed Necromancers’ destructive powers are unparalleled, it comes at the cost of their ability to heal, which is much lower than average. However, they are able to stop the progression of a disease (if not fully cure it) and lower fevers.
  • Shadow – Shadow-born are inherently gifted in diseases that dull the senses, especially those that take away sight. They are also some of the few that form symbiosis with fungi, especially Cordyceps, and wield their spores to devastating effect. Shadow Necromancers are also severely limited in their ability to heal, though even the least talented can offer a relief from pain.
  • Nature – Unsurprisingly, nature-born specialize in plant-based diseases, though that is not the extent of their power. They can also turn a victim’s immune system against itself, resulting in severe allergic reactions and leaving them susceptible to other plagues and infections. Necromancers are skilled in getting a body’s natural reserves to heal itself, and in curing reproductive-based diseases.
  • Plague – Plague-born often cause the most horror in their victims, as they prefer flesh-based diseases such as rot, leprosy, weeping sores and buboes. Necromancers are capable of causing mutations in dragons, which can lead to effects both beneficial and harmful.
  • Arcane – Natural experimenters, arcane-born are fascinated by unnatural diseases, such as those that effect the spirit, the mind, or a victim’s magical ability. Necromancers with primal arcane eyes are the only ones that can restore a dragon’s magic.
@kmrikkari @Horseleech @TheCell @SashaFiredrake @EssayOfThoughts @reotheleo @Kava

Hello again my lovely givers of feedback! Here are the next three eye types: Faceted, Multi-gaze, and Primal. Again, this is just a rough draft (primal in particular got pretty bad in the writing, though I hope not in the ideas, because tired). Let me know what you think, and thank you all for providing inspiration for these! As always feel free to throw more ideas my way.

Faceted eyes: Dragons with faceted eyes see the world through a myriad of lenses, with each image providing one version of the truth. They see reality as complex and filled with potential - at once paradoxical and inherently consistent. They are experts at quickly taking in stimuli, whether it be visual or metaphysical, and combining it into a single whole. As Necromancers they excel in the role of counselor or diplomat because they can synthesize diverse perspectives and use them to create a guiding path forward. If a common-eyed dragon emerges from the trials with faceted eyes it can indicate a fracturing of the psyche. Strain and stress may have disrupted the dragon’s sense of self, leading to harmful or irrational behavior. Some of these dragons will descend into madness while others learn to rebuild their disrupted mental pathways into a type of clairvoyance, emerging as respected seers.

Multi-gaze: While the faceted-eyed dragon combines versions of reality into a single whole, a multi-gaze dragon can hold several points of view simultaneously and maintain them, even if they are disparate or conflicting. They are hungry for experiences, facts, knowledge – and will consume them indiscriminately, seeking to turn each new tidbit into another facet of themselves. Their ravenous appetites and disquieting appearance may see them expelled from their home clans, especially in flights that do not appreciate the raw potential that they represent. Necromancers with multi-gaze can often call forth a near limitless variety of plague, though the sheer breadth of their ability means it is almost impossible for them to master any one type. Common-eyed dragons that manifest multi-gaze as a result of their trials are said to have fully embraced the doctrines of evolution, adaptation, and unending consumption that represents Plague Flight. They make fanatical priests and zealous warriors, indivertible and fearsome to behold.

Primal: Primeval, fundamental, all-encompassing - dragons with primal eyes can command the raw essence of their element and their power is often staggering. Hatchlings born with primal eyes are viewed as inherently gifted and destined for great things. In the Plague lands these hatchlings are almost always encouraged to attempt the Necromantic trials, and some of the most powerful Necromancers and devastating Ghouls have emerged from their ranks. Necroservus with primal eyes are rare, as these dragons tend to either succeed or fail spectacularly. In either case, primal-eyed dragons that undertake the trials invariably emerge with the following specialties based on their birth element:
(so tired, will re-write later)
  • Earth – Plague that afflicts the bones and the structural integrity of the dragon, such as bone rot, crippling pain, wasting illnesses, and devastation of ligaments and tendons. Conversely, earth Necromancers specialize in returning strength to weakened dragons, and bolstering their immune systems.
  • Fire – Fire-born are especially gifted in bestowing fever and delirium. The most powerful can literally cause the blood to boil. Necromancers are also experts at burning pathogens from the body and searing away infection.
  • Water – Blood borne illnesses are the purview of the water-born, which can also be passed on to offspring in the womb. These dragons can cause disorders such as hemophilia, which sentences the unfortunate to a death by a thousand cuts. Necromancers with water primal eyes make some of the best healers, able to revert plagues spread by even the most powerful Ghoul.
  • Wind – Wind-born are masters of contagion. The dragons they touch are overcome with fits of sneezing and coughing, which inevitably infects the rest of the clan. Necromancers are also capable of dispersing miasma and sickness-causing vapors, even in the Plague lands.
  • Light – Light-born specialize in illnesses resembling radiation poisoning. The afflicted dragon will begin to lose teeth and scales, and in the long term cancers and tumors will develop in their tissues. Necromancers with light primal eyes are especially good at removing fungal infections.
  • Lightning – Lightning-born are adept at causing neurological disorders, such as convulsions, seizures, uncontrolled trembling, and loss of limb or brain function. Necromancers are some of the few that can cure madness, though this treatment often comes at the cost of a change of personality in the afflicted.
  • Ice – Ice-born are some of the most feared. They are capable of shutting down a dragon’s immune system, allowing infections to run riot, and in addition they can carry a myriad of plagues in stasis within their bodies. While primal-eyed Necromancers’ destructive powers are unparalleled, it comes at the cost of their ability to heal, which is much lower than average. However, they are able to stop the progression of a disease (if not fully cure it) and lower fevers.
  • Shadow – Shadow-born are inherently gifted in diseases that dull the senses, especially those that take away sight. They are also some of the few that form symbiosis with fungi, especially Cordyceps, and wield their spores to devastating effect. Shadow Necromancers are also severely limited in their ability to heal, though even the least talented can offer a relief from pain.
  • Nature – Unsurprisingly, nature-born specialize in plant-based diseases, though that is not the extent of their power. They can also turn a victim’s immune system against itself, resulting in severe allergic reactions and leaving them susceptible to other plagues and infections. Necromancers are skilled in getting a body’s natural reserves to heal itself, and in curing reproductive-based diseases.
  • Plague – Plague-born often cause the most horror in their victims, as they prefer flesh-based diseases such as rot, leprosy, weeping sores and buboes. Necromancers are capable of causing mutations in dragons, which can lead to effects both beneficial and harmful.
  • Arcane – Natural experimenters, arcane-born are fascinated by unnatural diseases, such as those that effect the spirit, the mind, or a victim’s magical ability. Necromancers with primal arcane eyes are the only ones that can restore a dragon’s magic.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@TheCell Thank you! I sold an eliminate and an unhatched Light egg And got just enough to get Iridescent! Now it's time to start the lore fun.

@TheCell Thank you! I sold an eliminate and an unhatched Light egg And got just enough to get Iridescent! Now it's time to start the lore fun.

Hemolich_badge_100px.png Aether_Small.png
@3idolon that is AMAZING. I'm a gigantic medical horror enthusiast and the descriptions you've given for what primal eyed necromancers can achieve are fantastic ...I'm especially fond of lightning's. The effects chosen for each element in general are (chefs kiss) MUA

@thecell could i get #4? he is an absolute darling. Also i'd love the canon ghoul experience! It'd be a great way to get started off!
@3idolon that is AMAZING. I'm a gigantic medical horror enthusiast and the descriptions you've given for what primal eyed necromancers can achieve are fantastic ...I'm especially fond of lightning's. The effects chosen for each element in general are (chefs kiss) MUA

@thecell could i get #4? he is an absolute darling. Also i'd love the canon ghoul experience! It'd be a great way to get started off!
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 235 236