- adopt shop

meRcSwF.pngRwx5Jet.png
Hype!
Hype!
RXD8sr3.gif
REAL!!
REAL!!
mO8OIR9.png
@3idolon [center][item=vial of brilliant sight][/center] It is generally known that eyes can mark the connection one has to the element of their birth, with Common, Uncommon, Unusual and Rare all indicating different degrees of interaction, and Primal and Glowing as the ultimate forms of connection, be it natural or forged through trials and tribulations. Goat, Swirl, Innocent, Faceted and Multi-Gaze eyes are all more matters of perspective, but Dark Sclera too is generally held to indicate whether one has had truck with the Shade - whether one is a true Necromancer, or might be corrupted. Bright eyes are interesting in that, for all their clear elemental vibrancy, those born with such eyes are usually magically [i]weak[/i], lacking the sheer power that might be find in other richly coloured eye types (Primal, Glowing, Unusual, Rare, etc.). Even a fae born with Bright eyes might find their magic subpar, limited in many ways and hard to work with - but this is not to say they cannot work with it. Among those who take the Trials, Bright eyes usually mark those with a curious intensity to their magic: they have little, but they know well how to use it. Some claim they were shown how to use it through the fevers of the Trials, an acknowledgement of their strength garnering them visions of guidance from the Plaguebringer. Others say that it was through their own work, that learning to see their body as a channel and store of plague allowed them to see not just the paths taken by disease but by magic too, allowing them to make the most of their little magic. Regardless of how it came about, it is known that the vast majority of Bright eyed Necromancers, though magically weak, are nonetheless capable of rarely seen feats of precision. Bright eyed Necromancers were often thought of as sickly before their trials, eyes bright in an eagerness to survive perhaps, or wet with tears, but not strong in their own right. Their magical limitations only marked this more clearly to their companions, and they may have been dissuaded from attempting the Trials at all. With little magic to bolster them, many struggled through the Trials - and it is certainly true that Bright eyed dragons fall as easily, if not more so, to the threat of Ghoulhood. Consequently the Plague is often thought to burn more strongly in those with Bright eyes, even those who became Necromancers and it is known that, in concert with their precision in magic, many Bright eyed Necromancers can be formidable Duellists. Amongst the other variants, [i]Wraiths[/i] are often left hamstrung, lacking the power of Plague they attempted the Trials to find, and often without enough magic of their own to stand out. Such Wraiths often have a great desire to prove themselves and can be amongst the most stubborn and determined. [i]Necroservi[/i] with Bright eyes meanwhile are certainly no Necromancers, but the precision of their magic can allow them to treat disease through other methods than the control of Plague, making them able helpmeets to unskilled Necromancers and powerful assistants to those who fight Ghouls. And ah, [i]Ghouls[/i]. Without the anchor of magic to direct them to the core survival of Plague or the reassuring presence of another birth flight, Bright eyed Ghouls are generally said to go Feral long before most others do. However, what little magic they do have is intense and is wielded with an instinctual viciousness that makes them hard to fell. [i]Neutralised Ghouls[/i] retain that instinctual understanding of their little magic, and - though neutralised - can be surprisingly helpful assistants. [i]Liches[/i]... Bright eyed Liches have been scarcely studied, but what little preliminary examinations have been done suggest that, despite the weakness of their connection to magic, it is a helpful anchor nonetheless; even those dragons who fell wilfully to the Shade do not corrupt and are not consumed as swiftly when they have Bright eyes. ----- [b]Edit:[/b] Basically, because Bright and Pastel can occur naturally and are somewhat more common than certain others *coughGOATcoughMULTI* I figure it would make sense to group them in with the regular naturally occurring eye-types - who's existing lore ties into strength of magic, nature of magic and the Trials. As 3id said, make it a bit horoscope-esque but because it is a bit different but also relatively subtle I thought take it a slightly different direction to the others, but a complementary way.
@3idolon
Vial of Brilliant Sight

It is generally known that eyes can mark the connection one has to the element of their birth, with Common, Uncommon, Unusual and Rare all indicating different degrees of interaction, and Primal and Glowing as the ultimate forms of connection, be it natural or forged through trials and tribulations. Goat, Swirl, Innocent, Faceted and Multi-Gaze eyes are all more matters of perspective, but Dark Sclera too is generally held to indicate whether one has had truck with the Shade - whether one is a true Necromancer, or might be corrupted.

Bright eyes are interesting in that, for all their clear elemental vibrancy, those born with such eyes are usually magically weak, lacking the sheer power that might be find in other richly coloured eye types (Primal, Glowing, Unusual, Rare, etc.). Even a fae born with Bright eyes might find their magic subpar, limited in many ways and hard to work with - but this is not to say they cannot work with it. Among those who take the Trials, Bright eyes usually mark those with a curious intensity to their magic: they have little, but they know well how to use it.

Some claim they were shown how to use it through the fevers of the Trials, an acknowledgement of their strength garnering them visions of guidance from the Plaguebringer. Others say that it was through their own work, that learning to see their body as a channel and store of plague allowed them to see not just the paths taken by disease but by magic too, allowing them to make the most of their little magic. Regardless of how it came about, it is known that the vast majority of Bright eyed Necromancers, though magically weak, are nonetheless capable of rarely seen feats of precision.

Bright eyed Necromancers were often thought of as sickly before their trials, eyes bright in an eagerness to survive perhaps, or wet with tears, but not strong in their own right. Their magical limitations only marked this more clearly to their companions, and they may have been dissuaded from attempting the Trials at all. With little magic to bolster them, many struggled through the Trials - and it is certainly true that Bright eyed dragons fall as easily, if not more so, to the threat of Ghoulhood. Consequently the Plague is often thought to burn more strongly in those with Bright eyes, even those who became Necromancers and it is known that, in concert with their precision in magic, many Bright eyed Necromancers can be formidable Duellists.

Amongst the other variants, Wraiths are often left hamstrung, lacking the power of Plague they attempted the Trials to find, and often without enough magic of their own to stand out. Such Wraiths often have a great desire to prove themselves and can be amongst the most stubborn and determined. Necroservi with Bright eyes meanwhile are certainly no Necromancers, but the precision of their magic can allow them to treat disease through other methods than the control of Plague, making them able helpmeets to unskilled Necromancers and powerful assistants to those who fight Ghouls. And ah, Ghouls. Without the anchor of magic to direct them to the core survival of Plague or the reassuring presence of another birth flight, Bright eyed Ghouls are generally said to go Feral long before most others do. However, what little magic they do have is intense and is wielded with an instinctual viciousness that makes them hard to fell. Neutralised Ghouls retain that instinctual understanding of their little magic, and - though neutralised - can be surprisingly helpful assistants. Liches... Bright eyed Liches have been scarcely studied, but what little preliminary examinations have been done suggest that, despite the weakness of their connection to magic, it is a helpful anchor nonetheless; even those dragons who fell wilfully to the Shade do not corrupt and are not consumed as swiftly when they have Bright eyes.

Edit: Basically, because Bright and Pastel can occur naturally and are somewhat more common than certain others *coughGOATcoughMULTI* I figure it would make sense to group them in with the regular naturally occurring eye-types - who's existing lore ties into strength of magic, nature of magic and the Trials. As 3id said, make it a bit horoscope-esque but because it is a bit different but also relatively subtle I thought take it a slightly different direction to the others, but a complementary way.
MercyFangsButton2.png IzGiMOB.png 100x100Symbol.png No one can live your life for you. That means they can't tell you who you are - what you are - either. Question others. Question yourself. Come to your own conclusions.

??? Pronouns. UK Time.
@3idolon i forgot i had a few extras after i regestered my two orginal pairs. Ghoul: Drack [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65572157][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/655722/65572157_350.png[/img][/url] Necromancer: pestilence [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67686055][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/676861/67686055_350.png[/img][/url] Liches: Kyro [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68162484][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/681625/68162484_350.png[/img][/url] Bright [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66749473][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/667495/66749473_350.png[/img][/url] Cadoc [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65535963][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/655360/65535963_350.png[/img][/url]
@3idolon i forgot i had a few extras after i regestered my two orginal pairs.

Ghoul:

Drack
65572157_350.png

Necromancer:

pestilence
67686055_350.png

Liches:

Kyro
68162484_350.png

Bright
66749473_350.png

Cadoc
65535963_350.png

OC9E4r3.png
@3idolon

Bright Eye Entry! I hope I didn't write too much!

Dragons with Bright Eyes are capable mages who easily learn and adapt to multiple forms of magic. This does not necessarily mean they adapt well to using elemental energies that differ from their birth element, though it is not unheard of, but that they easily take to numerous techniques to use their innate magic. Aside from the pure elemental spells and abilities that come to them instinctually, these dragons also have a propensity to use alternative techniques such as enchantment, divination, and potion brewing, among numerous others, to achieve their ends.

This breadth of diverse talents leads many to experiment with combining them. They are often at the forefront of developing new methods of performing magic, and many with Bright Eyes are sought after for novel solutions when conventional magical techniques fail to accomplish the desired results.

This tendency to learn many forms of magic is not always an advantage. The time they spend familiarizing themselves with these multiple methodologies means that most never come to master any one type of magic. Many spend their lifetimes attempting to learn as much as they can, and are never far from their latest research or experiments.

The multitude of talents most Bright-Eyed dragons possess and their ability to adapt to new types of magic aids many in passing the Trials of Survival and Contagion more easily than their peers, if they have the opportunity to take them. The time they spend learning means that most take the Trials later in life than others, and proportionally fewer tend to pass the Trial of Infection. It is suspected that their apparent dabbling and delay makes them seem less committed to the Trials and the Necromantic mission in Mother’s eyes, though this is rarely the case.
@3idolon

Bright Eye Entry! I hope I didn't write too much!

Dragons with Bright Eyes are capable mages who easily learn and adapt to multiple forms of magic. This does not necessarily mean they adapt well to using elemental energies that differ from their birth element, though it is not unheard of, but that they easily take to numerous techniques to use their innate magic. Aside from the pure elemental spells and abilities that come to them instinctually, these dragons also have a propensity to use alternative techniques such as enchantment, divination, and potion brewing, among numerous others, to achieve their ends.

This breadth of diverse talents leads many to experiment with combining them. They are often at the forefront of developing new methods of performing magic, and many with Bright Eyes are sought after for novel solutions when conventional magical techniques fail to accomplish the desired results.

This tendency to learn many forms of magic is not always an advantage. The time they spend familiarizing themselves with these multiple methodologies means that most never come to master any one type of magic. Many spend their lifetimes attempting to learn as much as they can, and are never far from their latest research or experiments.

The multitude of talents most Bright-Eyed dragons possess and their ability to adapt to new types of magic aids many in passing the Trials of Survival and Contagion more easily than their peers, if they have the opportunity to take them. The time they spend learning means that most take the Trials later in life than others, and proportionally fewer tend to pass the Trial of Infection. It is suspected that their apparent dabbling and delay makes them seem less committed to the Trials and the Necromantic mission in Mother’s eyes, though this is rarely the case.
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 237 238