Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] The Hivemind
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 159 160
@Luthyx Wow, really? I can see the Xenomorph inspiration now, I guess I assumed Borg because I was so sure your broadcast message was a Trek reference [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/20/60/2e/20602ed34d93b078eec3a91108971e5a.gif[/img] It's still a great concept for a subspecies, though!
@Luthyx Wow, really? I can see the Xenomorph inspiration now, I guess I assumed Borg because I was so sure your broadcast message was a Trek reference

20602ed34d93b078eec3a91108971e5a.gif

It's still a great concept for a subspecies, though!
Someday, the whole sky is going to light up, and it's gonna say, "TILT."
And that's gonna be the end of the world.

Artshop * Adopts * Skins
@TomSwifty

Ah, I can definitely see that! Yep, it was a reference to the video 'Stark Trek clips but out of context'. I found it so amusing that I had to make it my message.
@TomSwifty

Ah, I can definitely see that! Yep, it was a reference to the video 'Stark Trek clips but out of context'. I found it so amusing that I had to make it my message.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40289707] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/402898/40289707_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=3]sorry if i am taking too much liberty here but here's the baby, now nocturned and also.. permanently a baby. i thought it would make for interesting lore if they, as a conscious, never grew. i was entertaining some ideas about this affecting their power/influence and perhaps making them more ruthless or something; not sure how flexible the lore is for the subspecies![/size]

40289707_350.png

sorry if i am taking too much liberty here but here's the baby, now nocturned and also.. permanently a baby. i thought it would make for interesting lore if they, as a conscious, never grew. i was entertaining some ideas about this affecting their power/influence and perhaps making them more ruthless or something; not sure how flexible the lore is for the subspecies!
lkzAKA7.jpg
@cstiel

Mmm I love them! Lore-wise, it's pretty flexible - as long as you can explain it decently, I'll allow it. I'd wager that small size might make it a little harder for the consciousness to spread its influence, which could definitely make it a little more ruthless and decisive.
@cstiel

Mmm I love them! Lore-wise, it's pretty flexible - as long as you can explain it decently, I'll allow it. I'd wager that small size might make it a little harder for the consciousness to spread its influence, which could definitely make it a little more ruthless and decisive.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
[/code]
ahh very good idea! i was thinking the same, but then i wrote this little bit:

???>> INSTALLING SOFTWARE. ADMINISTRATOR DETECTED.
>> DOWNLOADING CONSCIOUSNESS.CMD
>>SUCCESS.

>> ESTABLISHING NETWORK PATHWAYS.
>> SUCCESS

>> LINKING POLYXENA.LNK TO MAINFRAME.
>> SUCCESS.

>> COMMENCING UPDATE TO CONSCIOUSNESS2.0.CMD
>> ...
>> UPDATE FAILED. RETRY?
>> INPUT: 1

>> ...
>> UPDATE FAILED. RETRY?

>> UPDATE TERMINATED.

(pardon the very ill-informed code-speak pfft)

perhaps that update would concern not only age, but a moral, or at least, an ability to judge right versus wrong in terms of an actual "consciousness". sorry if that's confusing, but let me try this again. the update (CONSCIOUSNESS2.0.CMD as regarded in the bit of lore) might contain a physical upgrade but also a general betterment of the system, as computer updates would. this might include the Consciousness's ability to determine outcomes of certain actions and how to take the better path to one's ultimate goal (the path with less casualties and less harm). lacking this, the un-updated consciousness does not entertain outcomes that result in less harm; instead, it executes in the most efficient manner, no matter how it might affect those around it and its hive.

essentially, a child without any idea of right or wrong.
ahh very good idea! i was thinking the same, but then i wrote this little bit:

???>> INSTALLING SOFTWARE. ADMINISTRATOR DETECTED.
>> DOWNLOADING CONSCIOUSNESS.CMD
>>SUCCESS.

>> ESTABLISHING NETWORK PATHWAYS.
>> SUCCESS

>> LINKING POLYXENA.LNK TO MAINFRAME.
>> SUCCESS.

>> ...
>> UPDATE FAILED. RETRY?
>> INPUT: 1

>> ...
>> UPDATE FAILED. RETRY?

>> UPDATE TERMINATED.

(pardon the very ill-informed code-speak pfft)

perhaps that update would concern not only age, but a moral, or at least, an ability to judge right versus wrong in terms of an actual "consciousness". sorry if that's confusing, but let me try this again. the update (CONSCIOUSNESS2.0.CMD as regarded in the bit of lore) might contain a physical upgrade but also a general betterment of the system, as computer updates would. this might include the Consciousness's ability to determine outcomes of certain actions and how to take the better path to one's ultimate goal (the path with less casualties and less harm). lacking this, the un-updated consciousness does not entertain outcomes that result in less harm; instead, it executes in the most efficient manner, no matter how it might affect those around it and its hive.

essentially, a child without any idea of right or wrong.
lkzAKA7.jpg
@cstiel

Man I love that idea, go right ahead! It's safe to assume that most consciousnesses would likely be only focused on the betterment of the hive (simply, the most efficient). I could see that update being something that passes down new info, such as 'if you leave one survivor, it will come back with more beings to be assimilated later' and 'wait to grow stronger before attacking that settlement', or something of the like.

I also like the idea of the consciousness disregarding the safety of its drones. It probably uses them more fitfully and gets a lot of them killed in the process, so I imagine it would invest a lot of resources into making new drones as cannon-fodder.
@cstiel

Man I love that idea, go right ahead! It's safe to assume that most consciousnesses would likely be only focused on the betterment of the hive (simply, the most efficient). I could see that update being something that passes down new info, such as 'if you leave one survivor, it will come back with more beings to be assimilated later' and 'wait to grow stronger before attacking that settlement', or something of the like.

I also like the idea of the consciousness disregarding the safety of its drones. It probably uses them more fitfully and gets a lot of them killed in the process, so I imagine it would invest a lot of resources into making new drones as cannon-fodder.
they/them
[/code]
@Luthyx

If you're able, can you ping me for Imp or Noc males?
@Luthyx

If you're able, can you ping me for Imp or Noc males?
visit my favorites!

Leszyslz // Junkpile // Wolfsbane // Ruckus // Rowan

she/her. hoards tarantulas and rabbits in-game! ask me about anything dinosaur, cow, or rabbit related :)
@kenjirou Sure!
@kenjirou Sure!
they/them
[/code]
boop
boop
they/them
[/code]
I picked up the drone on the ah and made it my clan's consciousness! She's destined to be turned into a Wildclaw when I gather enough gems for another one <3

This subspecies is really cool, I like it a lot!
I picked up the drone on the ah and made it my clan's consciousness! She's destined to be turned into a Wildclaw when I gather enough gems for another one <3

This subspecies is really cool, I like it a lot!
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 159 160