Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Arcane Wyrm Lore [Closed]
1 2 3 4
@Warriorgirl1234

Dash sat before the trio with wide eyes, his attention mostly on the enthusiastic Mirror. Um... "It's nice to meet you," he greeted them then cleared his throat. "I'm glad to meet more members from the Wispwillow Grotto." Dash set his focus first on Pride. "You know, you are one of several Coatls that have told me the like to bake. What brought you to the profession? Also, how are you the therapist for you clan mates?"

Once the questions were finished he turned right towards Ori. "A singer? Interesting, does your magic revolve around your singing?"

From there he turned to Iodine. "It's nice to meet you Iodine, I like snakes too." Dash dropped his attention to the python wrapped loosely around the Mirrior's wrist. "It's nice to meet you as well Sir Sneaky."

Sorry for the delay, computer issues this time =(. Anyway, love the drakes and love Ori's lore. Song is a powerful emotional motivator all it's own, but the idea that there would be more behind it-- an unseen force that influenced beyond an individual's normal control-- is interesting. =) Oh, and I don't know if I'll be able to officially trick or treat this year, but if you'd like to stop by my lair I'm sure I can come up with some goodies for your trick or treater =D.
@Warriorgirl1234

Dash sat before the trio with wide eyes, his attention mostly on the enthusiastic Mirror. Um... "It's nice to meet you," he greeted them then cleared his throat. "I'm glad to meet more members from the Wispwillow Grotto." Dash set his focus first on Pride. "You know, you are one of several Coatls that have told me the like to bake. What brought you to the profession? Also, how are you the therapist for you clan mates?"

Once the questions were finished he turned right towards Ori. "A singer? Interesting, does your magic revolve around your singing?"

From there he turned to Iodine. "It's nice to meet you Iodine, I like snakes too." Dash dropped his attention to the python wrapped loosely around the Mirrior's wrist. "It's nice to meet you as well Sir Sneaky."

Sorry for the delay, computer issues this time =(. Anyway, love the drakes and love Ori's lore. Song is a powerful emotional motivator all it's own, but the idea that there would be more behind it-- an unseen force that influenced beyond an individual's normal control-- is interesting. =) Oh, and I don't know if I'll be able to officially trick or treat this year, but if you'd like to stop by my lair I'm sure I can come up with some goodies for your trick or treater =D.
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@slugslinger

Dash listens intently to each of his guests, as he would normally. Though, he was a bit stunned at the abrupt exit of the Spiral. Because of the unusually calm nature of all of his clan's Spiral breed he forgets how "active" others can be. Thankfully, he was able to shake off his stun to focus on the last two visitors and their tales.

Naturally, he recorded every detail of their stories and couldn't help but to notice the one thing that continued to repeat in them. "I thank you for sharing such amazing stories with me, though I do have to ask. What or who is this Nightshade?" Could this be another instance of the Shade? he wondered.

I'm really glad you enjoyed. =) I love reading everyone's lore and I do this every festival if you'd like to come back for the Riot of Rot. That should be an interesting one being as Dash has a fear/hatred for the Plague Flight.

Also, sorry it took so long to get back with you. I had computer issues I'm afraid. Thank you for sharing your lore I really enjoyed it! The unified theme between your drakes is interesting.
@slugslinger

Dash listens intently to each of his guests, as he would normally. Though, he was a bit stunned at the abrupt exit of the Spiral. Because of the unusually calm nature of all of his clan's Spiral breed he forgets how "active" others can be. Thankfully, he was able to shake off his stun to focus on the last two visitors and their tales.

Naturally, he recorded every detail of their stories and couldn't help but to notice the one thing that continued to repeat in them. "I thank you for sharing such amazing stories with me, though I do have to ask. What or who is this Nightshade?" Could this be another instance of the Shade? he wondered.

I'm really glad you enjoyed. =) I love reading everyone's lore and I do this every festival if you'd like to come back for the Riot of Rot. That should be an interesting one being as Dash has a fear/hatred for the Plague Flight.

Also, sorry it took so long to get back with you. I had computer issues I'm afraid. Thank you for sharing your lore I really enjoyed it! The unified theme between your drakes is interesting.
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight Haha, no problem. ^^ My own brother used to be crazy about upgrading his PC, so I definitely get where you're coming from. Yup, Exodus is a slightly weird one. She does have a great deal of power -- though it is confined to that very small field of usage.

It's pretty easy to unlock all the Fox Creator features; you can do it! :D Also, thanks for your interest, and I've made a note to poke you once Carousel's lore is done~
@Azurenight Haha, no problem. ^^ My own brother used to be crazy about upgrading his PC, so I definitely get where you're coming from. Yup, Exodus is a slightly weird one. She does have a great deal of power -- though it is confined to that very small field of usage.

It's pretty easy to unlock all the Fox Creator features; you can do it! :D Also, thanks for your interest, and I've made a note to poke you once Carousel's lore is done~
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@AzureNight (How did I not see this until now?) Right now I have a few finished Arcane dragons with lore- feel free to check them all out! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25527095] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255271/25527095_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25527096] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255271/25527096_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25741964] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257420/25741964_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25466586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/254666/25466586_350.png[/img] [/url] As for how the lair works, the entire territory of the lair is encircled by a stasis spell that keeps the lair in eternal evening and phased out of reality in a way that you cannot enter unless you pass through specific set of gates in Starwood Strand without harmful intention. Storage runes are some very common objects used around, and some dens are enchanted to be bigger on the inside. Feel free to question the leader about how he takes care of things ^_^
@AzureNight (How did I not see this until now?)
Right now I have a few finished Arcane dragons with lore- feel free to check them all out!

25527095_350.png

25527096_350.png

25741964_350.png

25466586_350.png

As for how the lair works, the entire territory of the lair is encircled by a stasis spell that keeps the lair in eternal evening and phased out of reality in a way that you cannot enter unless you pass through specific set of gates in Starwood Strand without harmful intention. Storage runes are some very common objects used around, and some dens are enchanted to be bigger on the inside.
Feel free to question the leader about how he takes care of things ^_^
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
@Stanzascale

Dash had been deep within his notes when a duo began to play a happy little melody some feet away. Naturally, his attention drifted up towards them to enjoy their show. Several members of the crowd paused to enjoy the pleasing resonance of the musicians. Amongst the crowed he spotted a Skydancer with a bowl, though it wasn't who she was or what she carried that he was captivated by. In fact, it was her stop/go gate that held his interest. He couldn't help but to stare; between the music and her behaviors it was almost as if she were moving to the music (though that could simply be his mind blended the two separate acts). Dash was quite hypnotized by the motion of the Skydancer and the sound of the duo, by the time a Fae jumped before him and startled him from his concentration.

As his guest spoke (which at first was a jumble because of his startled state) others began to arrive, including the Skydancer. When she introduced herself as from the Stanzascale Clan Dash developed a broad grin. As he would normally, he carefully listened and recorded the gathered group, taking a moment to chuckle at the Skydancer's joke. "The plague that can never be cured," he joked. "Librarian Dash. It's an honor and a pleasure to hear from you all," Dash said first and foremost. Though, the delay with his questions caused him a bit of an impatient tremble. Once formality was out of the way he turned first to the Fae Cherra. "I was actually invited on a tour of the Observatory a little while ago by a young student of the Shatterspell house. It's something I'm looking forward to. While I'm there I'll look into the other house as well," he spoke with a childlike fascination that confessed his excitement. "What can you tell me of your houses?" he asked of Cherra and Ruha.

His attention would turn to Qualia. "I'm curious as to what you are scrying? Did you bring that bowl all the way from home?" The Fae rested upon the Skydancer's head caught his eye and he turned to her with a gentle smile. "Yes, I believe they are and there would be no better place to view them then here."

(The test sorted me into Shatterspell, which fits many of my dragons actually. Very interesting game =D. Sorry it took so long... things. Yep, things =( )
@Stanzascale

Dash had been deep within his notes when a duo began to play a happy little melody some feet away. Naturally, his attention drifted up towards them to enjoy their show. Several members of the crowd paused to enjoy the pleasing resonance of the musicians. Amongst the crowed he spotted a Skydancer with a bowl, though it wasn't who she was or what she carried that he was captivated by. In fact, it was her stop/go gate that held his interest. He couldn't help but to stare; between the music and her behaviors it was almost as if she were moving to the music (though that could simply be his mind blended the two separate acts). Dash was quite hypnotized by the motion of the Skydancer and the sound of the duo, by the time a Fae jumped before him and startled him from his concentration.

As his guest spoke (which at first was a jumble because of his startled state) others began to arrive, including the Skydancer. When she introduced herself as from the Stanzascale Clan Dash developed a broad grin. As he would normally, he carefully listened and recorded the gathered group, taking a moment to chuckle at the Skydancer's joke. "The plague that can never be cured," he joked. "Librarian Dash. It's an honor and a pleasure to hear from you all," Dash said first and foremost. Though, the delay with his questions caused him a bit of an impatient tremble. Once formality was out of the way he turned first to the Fae Cherra. "I was actually invited on a tour of the Observatory a little while ago by a young student of the Shatterspell house. It's something I'm looking forward to. While I'm there I'll look into the other house as well," he spoke with a childlike fascination that confessed his excitement. "What can you tell me of your houses?" he asked of Cherra and Ruha.

His attention would turn to Qualia. "I'm curious as to what you are scrying? Did you bring that bowl all the way from home?" The Fae rested upon the Skydancer's head caught his eye and he turned to her with a gentle smile. "Yes, I believe they are and there would be no better place to view them then here."

(The test sorted me into Shatterspell, which fits many of my dragons actually. Very interesting game =D. Sorry it took so long... things. Yep, things =( )
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@TheSangonmuu

Sorry for the long delay, RL got a bit crazy there for a bit =). They are absolutely beautiful! I love how you have them dressed and their colors. That skin you have on your Wildclaw is gorgeous. I'm going to have to look for that one.
@TheSangonmuu

Sorry for the long delay, RL got a bit crazy there for a bit =). They are absolutely beautiful! I love how you have them dressed and their colors. That skin you have on your Wildclaw is gorgeous. I'm going to have to look for that one.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Candlelit97

They are absolutely beautiful! I enjoyed all of their lore, naturally, and can't wait to see what you do for Eden (lucky you btw =D I'm excited if I get one every other month). I have to admit, I was most taken with Kikuri. Her story reminded me of an episode of Rick & Morty where they were purged from their negativity only to realize that they must be rejoined to it to be whole again (...or sorta it happened that way anyway). I also like her moon story, I've actually heard a great deal about space living drakes and I love them all. Of course I'm a sci fi lover too, so I'm sure that aids in my bias =D.
@Candlelit97

They are absolutely beautiful! I enjoyed all of their lore, naturally, and can't wait to see what you do for Eden (lucky you btw =D I'm excited if I get one every other month). I have to admit, I was most taken with Kikuri. Her story reminded me of an episode of Rick & Morty where they were purged from their negativity only to realize that they must be rejoined to it to be whole again (...or sorta it happened that way anyway). I also like her moon story, I've actually heard a great deal about space living drakes and I love them all. Of course I'm a sci fi lover too, so I'm sure that aids in my bias =D.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@EclipseMirror

Dash squints at the visiting Fae for a long while, attempting to figure out how he seemed familiar. Then it struck him; he'd met the leader of the Wonderstark Clan before. At his Shade Symposium. Ah! Dash lifted his claw to greet the Patriarch of the clan. "Patriarch Exeter, it's a pleasure to meet you again." Once his hand was returned he leaned in towards the Fae so his hushed tones could be heard. "And discussing something lighter of heart then the Shade, yes?" He paused after sitting back up to make sure his whispered words alerted no one else in the gathering. He made the mistake when he first arrived to make mention of his knowledge out loud to another interested in the subject. He found out quickly that most, if not all, Arcane dragons found interest in the subject and he was swarmed. "I do hope Corona is doing better."

"I am curious about one of the drakes in your clan and this stasis field you mentioned." Dash lifted his quill and set the tip to an open page in his journal. "Nereus and his telepathic link to his sister. I've not heard of this ability in abundance and am very curious as to how it works. Also, how do you maintain your stasis field. Something like that must consume a vast amount of energy."

Much to my woe I realize I say this a great deal, but I truly am sorry for the late post. I blame things mostly for my horrible bouts of tardiness =(. Miserable things!

Absolutely loved the lore! As I'm reading over Exeter I'm thinking-- I've read this somewhere before. It took a moment but I remembered from where =). Opal is a very haunting dragon and I have to say the skin he's wearing makes him seem even more fearsome, being as it looks as if his belly has ripped open exposing a maw of jagged crystal teeth.
@EclipseMirror

Dash squints at the visiting Fae for a long while, attempting to figure out how he seemed familiar. Then it struck him; he'd met the leader of the Wonderstark Clan before. At his Shade Symposium. Ah! Dash lifted his claw to greet the Patriarch of the clan. "Patriarch Exeter, it's a pleasure to meet you again." Once his hand was returned he leaned in towards the Fae so his hushed tones could be heard. "And discussing something lighter of heart then the Shade, yes?" He paused after sitting back up to make sure his whispered words alerted no one else in the gathering. He made the mistake when he first arrived to make mention of his knowledge out loud to another interested in the subject. He found out quickly that most, if not all, Arcane dragons found interest in the subject and he was swarmed. "I do hope Corona is doing better."

"I am curious about one of the drakes in your clan and this stasis field you mentioned." Dash lifted his quill and set the tip to an open page in his journal. "Nereus and his telepathic link to his sister. I've not heard of this ability in abundance and am very curious as to how it works. Also, how do you maintain your stasis field. Something like that must consume a vast amount of energy."

Much to my woe I realize I say this a great deal, but I truly am sorry for the late post. I blame things mostly for my horrible bouts of tardiness =(. Miserable things!

Absolutely loved the lore! As I'm reading over Exeter I'm thinking-- I've read this somewhere before. It took a moment but I remembered from where =). Opal is a very haunting dragon and I have to say the skin he's wearing makes him seem even more fearsome, being as it looks as if his belly has ripped open exposing a maw of jagged crystal teeth.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight The skin is called Arcane Dancer and it's from the 2015 Starfall Celebration.
@Azurenight The skin is called Arcane Dancer and it's from the 2015 Starfall Celebration.
dYz9iQp.png
@AzureNight
"The pleasure is mine," Exeter replied with a slight bow of his neck and an agreeing flick of a frill. "Corona has recovered significantly; I can say with confidence that she will no longer be affected. I thank you again for the information back then.
"Ah, yes. My twins. They have been able to talk with and feel each other's emotions since they were hatchings. Their eggs kept sticking to each other in the nest, so I suspect that some of their magic mingled together early on.
"I worked together closely on the stasis fields with Naliera, who has dedicated her studies to the manipulation of time. The lair-wide field doesn't actually cost as much energy as that of the hoard's and vault's; those have their contents frozen in time until they are required. Naliera has to renew the spell everyday with her own magic. Having a large reserve, however, means that she never tires over it.
"I worked on the space aspect of the large stasis field and Naliera on the time aspect. We set runestones around the borders, which naturally convert the surrounding energy of the Strand into the area. With Father Arcanist around, the surroundings shouldn't become deprived anytime soon. It takes a few modified dimensional and time-diluting spells from there."

(That's absolutely fine! Thank you ^_^
This isn't even Opal's final form yet; I'm grinding to get him a winter wolf cape!)
@AzureNight
"The pleasure is mine," Exeter replied with a slight bow of his neck and an agreeing flick of a frill. "Corona has recovered significantly; I can say with confidence that she will no longer be affected. I thank you again for the information back then.
"Ah, yes. My twins. They have been able to talk with and feel each other's emotions since they were hatchings. Their eggs kept sticking to each other in the nest, so I suspect that some of their magic mingled together early on.
"I worked together closely on the stasis fields with Naliera, who has dedicated her studies to the manipulation of time. The lair-wide field doesn't actually cost as much energy as that of the hoard's and vault's; those have their contents frozen in time until they are required. Naliera has to renew the spell everyday with her own magic. Having a large reserve, however, means that she never tires over it.
"I worked on the space aspect of the large stasis field and Naliera on the time aspect. We set runestones around the borders, which naturally convert the surrounding energy of the Strand into the area. With Father Arcanist around, the surroundings shouldn't become deprived anytime soon. It takes a few modified dimensional and time-diluting spells from there."

(That's absolutely fine! Thank you ^_^
This isn't even Opal's final form yet; I'm grinding to get him a winter wolf cape!)
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
1 2 3 4