Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Fire Wyrm Lore [Closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Disillusionist *Smiles and waves back*

The Fire Representative and his son both hold Dash's full attention for the duration of their story. Naturally, each word was recorded with the utmost care. Though, that was something of a difficulty. The heat being generated from the aged Snapper was a bit of a distraction. For one that was used to the crisp air on the Windswept Plateau the heat was somewhat difficult to tolerate. Because of it he had to remove his cloak, leaving the angry scaring over the right side of his face exposed. "Thank you for your remarkable story," he said gently, "I've enjoyed it."

Hey there =) Both drakes are absolutely amazing! Their lore (well Aloysius that is) is wonderful. Very touching and down to earth, it really fits with the Snapper. I can't wait to read what you create for Sagrad's lore =)
Good luck finding your reps, how many do you have so far?
@Disillusionist *Smiles and waves back*

The Fire Representative and his son both hold Dash's full attention for the duration of their story. Naturally, each word was recorded with the utmost care. Though, that was something of a difficulty. The heat being generated from the aged Snapper was a bit of a distraction. For one that was used to the crisp air on the Windswept Plateau the heat was somewhat difficult to tolerate. Because of it he had to remove his cloak, leaving the angry scaring over the right side of his face exposed. "Thank you for your remarkable story," he said gently, "I've enjoyed it."

Hey there =) Both drakes are absolutely amazing! Their lore (well Aloysius that is) is wonderful. Very touching and down to earth, it really fits with the Snapper. I can't wait to read what you create for Sagrad's lore =)
Good luck finding your reps, how many do you have so far?
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight "A thousand apologies!" Aloysius exclaims, bowing somewhat creakily. "It's been quite cold and rainy here recently, and I've been pressed into service as a backup furnace for the hatchling creche. So I've been putting out extra heat. Sorry, force of habit there."

The heat recedes to a more tolerable temperature. Sagrad, who disappeared briefly while his papa was talking, scurries back empty-handed. "He's got a shawl for times like this so it doesn't feel too drafty. The hatchlings must've taken it to play dress-up with," he explains to Dash.

"You would know, wouldn't you, you little scamp?" Aloysius asks, and he and his son snort as they remember Sagrad's childhood contretemps. Neither of them seems eager to take the shawl back from the hatchlings.

Thanks, as always, for reading my lore! I'm glad you noticed how matter-of-fact it was; I made a conscious effort to not write in my usual grandiose, in-your-face style mostly due to space and time concerns. XD

I've got 9 reps now. I'll be looking for the Earth one next, after the festival. My progen's filling the post of Light rep, but I don't think it suits her, both inside and outside lore, so I'm also on the lookout for a Light rep. I'll most likely go into that after I pick up the Earth one.
@Azurenight "A thousand apologies!" Aloysius exclaims, bowing somewhat creakily. "It's been quite cold and rainy here recently, and I've been pressed into service as a backup furnace for the hatchling creche. So I've been putting out extra heat. Sorry, force of habit there."

The heat recedes to a more tolerable temperature. Sagrad, who disappeared briefly while his papa was talking, scurries back empty-handed. "He's got a shawl for times like this so it doesn't feel too drafty. The hatchlings must've taken it to play dress-up with," he explains to Dash.

"You would know, wouldn't you, you little scamp?" Aloysius asks, and he and his son snort as they remember Sagrad's childhood contretemps. Neither of them seems eager to take the shawl back from the hatchlings.

Thanks, as always, for reading my lore! I'm glad you noticed how matter-of-fact it was; I made a conscious effort to not write in my usual grandiose, in-your-face style mostly due to space and time concerns. XD

I've got 9 reps now. I'll be looking for the Earth one next, after the festival. My progen's filling the post of Light rep, but I don't think it suits her, both inside and outside lore, so I'm also on the lookout for a Light rep. I'll most likely go into that after I pick up the Earth one.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Stanzascale

The heat was becoming unbearable. Already, he's had to remove his cloak and jacket and he was contemplating removing the soaked leg and arm wraps as well. If not for the fact the sweat soaked threads were offering him a reprieve from the heat (albeit minor, but one all the same) he would be entirely naked. To make matters worse the oppressive swelter was making the act of concentrating difficult. He managed to stay focused on his work remarkably, though only marginally. With a heavy hearted and burdened sigh he took his first journal and slipped it into his pack.

As he was drawing out a fresh journal a bundle of herbs tumbled out with it. Attached to the bundle was a little note that read: Dash, Khan has bid us all to find you. It seems you have walked out of the lair once again without your head on. Did you forget about your appointment to get protective runes against the heat? Dash had to pause in the middle of reading to cringe. Indeed he had forgotten. I have yet to find you, but I did find your pack. If by some chance- and we all know it will happen this way- you forget to prepare use these winter mint herbs to keep you cool. Hexa made them for travel through the Fire Lands. -Sambuca.

Without hesitation he popped one in his mouth. It was bitter at first, but the next bite sent a wave of frosty cold over him. The relief of which overshadowed the acrid taste of the herb on his tongue. "So much better," he muttered to himself, "must thank the herbalists when I get home." Now he was a bit chilled, so he reached for his cowl and jacket. This was right about the time he heard someone exclaim "The Wind nerd!" Naturally, he turned to find out what was going on and was pounced by a very friendly Spiral and wrapped in what he hoped was a hug. Behind him came a group who settled around his booth.

"Wind nerd?" There wasn't a chance to contemplate what that meant the others began to introduce themselves and he let it go to meet new members of the Stanzascale Clan. As usual, he listened carefully to every word as he nibbled on the treats he was already hoping to get more of. "Might I have another," he asked of Inima once she finished with her plans for a cake with tea party, "these are quite delightful. I wonder, are you the baker that was helping Ambassador Illuminata with the Talonok clan? Orick was rather emphatic we attempt baked goods for our next emissary mission to their territory." Dash gave a quick chuckle.

He turned towards Flares. "What made you stay away for so long, if you don't mind me asking?" The bright feathers of Ryndlite caught his attention, drawing him to focus on the Coatl and with him the Spiral upon the back of the Guardian. Ubwin's work stuck out in his mind and brought to the forefront the situation at home with Vespa. Perhaps if he gets a chance he can discuss the matter of her augmentations with him.

I believe I might have gotten carried away with describing the heat. It rolled away with me =)

@Stanzascale

The heat was becoming unbearable. Already, he's had to remove his cloak and jacket and he was contemplating removing the soaked leg and arm wraps as well. If not for the fact the sweat soaked threads were offering him a reprieve from the heat (albeit minor, but one all the same) he would be entirely naked. To make matters worse the oppressive swelter was making the act of concentrating difficult. He managed to stay focused on his work remarkably, though only marginally. With a heavy hearted and burdened sigh he took his first journal and slipped it into his pack.

As he was drawing out a fresh journal a bundle of herbs tumbled out with it. Attached to the bundle was a little note that read: Dash, Khan has bid us all to find you. It seems you have walked out of the lair once again without your head on. Did you forget about your appointment to get protective runes against the heat? Dash had to pause in the middle of reading to cringe. Indeed he had forgotten. I have yet to find you, but I did find your pack. If by some chance- and we all know it will happen this way- you forget to prepare use these winter mint herbs to keep you cool. Hexa made them for travel through the Fire Lands. -Sambuca.

Without hesitation he popped one in his mouth. It was bitter at first, but the next bite sent a wave of frosty cold over him. The relief of which overshadowed the acrid taste of the herb on his tongue. "So much better," he muttered to himself, "must thank the herbalists when I get home." Now he was a bit chilled, so he reached for his cowl and jacket. This was right about the time he heard someone exclaim "The Wind nerd!" Naturally, he turned to find out what was going on and was pounced by a very friendly Spiral and wrapped in what he hoped was a hug. Behind him came a group who settled around his booth.

"Wind nerd?" There wasn't a chance to contemplate what that meant the others began to introduce themselves and he let it go to meet new members of the Stanzascale Clan. As usual, he listened carefully to every word as he nibbled on the treats he was already hoping to get more of. "Might I have another," he asked of Inima once she finished with her plans for a cake with tea party, "these are quite delightful. I wonder, are you the baker that was helping Ambassador Illuminata with the Talonok clan? Orick was rather emphatic we attempt baked goods for our next emissary mission to their territory." Dash gave a quick chuckle.

He turned towards Flares. "What made you stay away for so long, if you don't mind me asking?" The bright feathers of Ryndlite caught his attention, drawing him to focus on the Coatl and with him the Spiral upon the back of the Guardian. Ubwin's work stuck out in his mind and brought to the forefront the situation at home with Vespa. Perhaps if he gets a chance he can discuss the matter of her augmentations with him.

I believe I might have gotten carried away with describing the heat. It rolled away with me =)

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@ClanHeartsgleam

Dash nodded understanding with Astaroth's explanation. "I'll wager the Arcane clans would appreciate such skill as well," he jested. Humor that left him as he pondered the answer to his more important question. He jotted down the possibility that those that don't utilize their elemental abilities might diminish in power. Once his record was finished he turned his attention back to his guest, smile renewed. "So what made you want to take up numbers?"
@ClanHeartsgleam

Dash nodded understanding with Astaroth's explanation. "I'll wager the Arcane clans would appreciate such skill as well," he jested. Humor that left him as he pondered the answer to his more important question. He jotted down the possibility that those that don't utilize their elemental abilities might diminish in power. Once his record was finished he turned his attention back to his guest, smile renewed. "So what made you want to take up numbers?"
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@StrykeSlammerII

I love your lore and I have to say of all of your presented drakes I really like the duplicity of Warmth. Head of security and the mob boss must be very... hectic (allow the mishap hilarity to ensue =D). Indeed your clan is delightfully dark (love the Tolkien reference) and as soon as I can I'll likely revisit to finish reading on the rest of it's denizens. Thank you =)

If you wish to bring Glaurung into character I will get Dash ready. He does so love getting a look at the darker side of Sorienth =).
@StrykeSlammerII

I love your lore and I have to say of all of your presented drakes I really like the duplicity of Warmth. Head of security and the mob boss must be very... hectic (allow the mishap hilarity to ensue =D). Indeed your clan is delightfully dark (love the Tolkien reference) and as soon as I can I'll likely revisit to finish reading on the rest of it's denizens. Thank you =)

If you wish to bring Glaurung into character I will get Dash ready. He does so love getting a look at the darker side of Sorienth =).
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Warriorgirl1234

Dash is almost startled out of his seat when another, really enthusiastic, Spiral rushes him. He managed to collect himself quickly, which is fortunate because he finds himself having to rapidly record Namine's quick replay of her past. Once she is finished he settles the quaking quiver in his hand, though he does not dare take it from the parchment. "It's a pleasure to meet you Namine. I am curious as to why you do not tolerate the heat as the rest of your ilk?"

She is a very pretty dragon! Also, remind me to ask you to make a Aesthetic for some of my drakes =) They are beautiful!
@Warriorgirl1234

Dash is almost startled out of his seat when another, really enthusiastic, Spiral rushes him. He managed to collect himself quickly, which is fortunate because he finds himself having to rapidly record Namine's quick replay of her past. Once she is finished he settles the quaking quiver in his hand, though he does not dare take it from the parchment. "It's a pleasure to meet you Namine. I am curious as to why you do not tolerate the heat as the rest of your ilk?"

She is a very pretty dragon! Also, remind me to ask you to make a Aesthetic for some of my drakes =) They are beautiful!
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight

Astaroth grins widely and his eyes flicker like firelight at the jest. Then he hums softly as he considers the Wildclaw's question. "Well... honestly, it just felt right. As I imagine your job comes naturally to you. When I was introduced to numbers at a young age, I was fascinated by them. While most around me learned some sort of craft, blacksmithing for example, I would be toying with equations on whatever kind of parchment I could get my claws on. I was teased quite a bit for that." he says with a light laugh.

"So when I was old enough I decided to search for a clan who could use a Drake with my kind of skills. The Healers needed a treasurer and I was right for the job." He absently curls his tail around his paws and adds cheerfully, "I do get homesick sometimes, of course. But I'm very happy with the Healers." Astaroth regally fixes his cape with a mischievous half smile. "Having such close access to their Vault has its perks as well...I try not to abuse it too much though." Here his expression is playfully innocent.
@Azurenight

Astaroth grins widely and his eyes flicker like firelight at the jest. Then he hums softly as he considers the Wildclaw's question. "Well... honestly, it just felt right. As I imagine your job comes naturally to you. When I was introduced to numbers at a young age, I was fascinated by them. While most around me learned some sort of craft, blacksmithing for example, I would be toying with equations on whatever kind of parchment I could get my claws on. I was teased quite a bit for that." he says with a light laugh.

"So when I was old enough I decided to search for a clan who could use a Drake with my kind of skills. The Healers needed a treasurer and I was right for the job." He absently curls his tail around his paws and adds cheerfully, "I do get homesick sometimes, of course. But I'm very happy with the Healers." Astaroth regally fixes his cape with a mischievous half smile. "Having such close access to their Vault has its perks as well...I try not to abuse it too much though." Here his expression is playfully innocent.
@Azurenight

Namine paused for a moment, pondering the question. "Well, I mean, I'm a Fire dragon, so the heat doesn't bother me that much. It's the really extreme heat that gets to me, like with the forges and things like that." She fiddled with her necklace for a moment. "Probably has something to do with my parents, they're not from the Ashfall Waste." She finally decided.

----

Ahhh! Thank you, I'm proud of how Namine looks, and I work really hard on those aesthetics~
@Azurenight

Namine paused for a moment, pondering the question. "Well, I mean, I'm a Fire dragon, so the heat doesn't bother me that much. It's the really extreme heat that gets to me, like with the forges and things like that." She fiddled with her necklace for a moment. "Probably has something to do with my parents, they're not from the Ashfall Waste." She finally decided.

----

Ahhh! Thank you, I'm proud of how Namine looks, and I work really hard on those aesthetics~
Mira | He/They | FR +14
@Dimness

Dash turned his head to discreetly clear away a tear. "Your story is incredibly moving," he said readdressing his guests. "Thank you for sharing that with me. It is now recorded for all time," he explained while holding up his journal.

Beautiful dragons and I love your lore =)
@Dimness

Dash turned his head to discreetly clear away a tear. "Your story is incredibly moving," he said readdressing his guests. "Thank you for sharing that with me. It is now recorded for all time," he explained while holding up his journal.

Beautiful dragons and I love your lore =)
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight Hello again! I am back with some new dragons, yet again one is an actress but this time she had two of her close friends joining! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24260374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/242604/24260374_350.png[/img] [/url] [From HuoLingLaohu's bio] [LIST] [*]Lead role as the spirit of Chinese warlord Qian Ru (??, no English dub) in the Chinese supernatural thriller '???' (Romanized; Shao Wangchao, [i]translation[/i] 'Burnt Dynasty' - she was the only one who looked the part). [i]"A warlord's spirit coming back from the dead. The warlord who had been murdered by his own army, casting him into a pit of fire made for prisoners of war rises from the now smoldering ruins of his once beautiful palace, able to control fire itself. The fury he feels is hotter than the largest sun, and he is taking his revenge to new heights. Will his spirit be put at peace, or will China burn with him?"[/i] [/LIST] Here's aspiring actress, the Guardian called Spark! She is thinking about changing her name. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32279054] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322791/32279054_350.png[/img] [/url] And finally Taemin, the Kpop Tundra. He may not be Fire Flight, but he still has the Flame of Love~. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34598676] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345987/34598676_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Azurenight Hello again! I am back with some new dragons, yet again one is an actress but this time she had two of her close friends joining!

24260374_350.png

[From HuoLingLaohu's bio]
  • Lead role as the spirit of Chinese warlord Qian Ru (??, no English dub) in the Chinese supernatural thriller '???' (Romanized; Shao Wangchao, translation 'Burnt Dynasty' - she was the only one who looked the part). "A warlord's spirit coming back from the dead. The warlord who had been murdered by his own army, casting him into a pit of fire made for prisoners of war rises from the now smoldering ruins of his once beautiful palace, able to control fire itself. The fury he feels is hotter than the largest sun, and he is taking his revenge to new heights. Will his spirit be put at peace, or will China burn with him?"

Here's aspiring actress, the Guardian called Spark! She is thinking about changing her name.

32279054_350.png

And finally Taemin, the Kpop Tundra. He may not be Fire Flight, but he still has the Flame of Love~.

34598676_350.png
dYz9iQp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6