Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Return of the Unnameds - help needed!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@RainbowRay - I know exactly what you mean. If you take a peek in my lair... so many unnameds. But maybe, I will help you with a few of yours! Also I love the li'l centipeetle in your signature! (And I love Steven Universe and actually have a list of all the Steven Universe dragons I've collected, which is here on Kiwi!)

These are Hawaiian (I think) names I acquired at some point. They're a bit feminine, but I was thinking of them for rainbow guy. Feel free to use them for anyone else, though.
Amana means warrior
Iolana means to soar like a hawk
Melia means Plumeria flower
Maylea means wildflower
Nani means beauty; splendor
Ola means life; well-being

For miss Strawberry Battlefield, there's Amana above that means warrior, so that could be fitting. But also in the similar vein to the other names you like for her: Amadora, Amity, Amalythia, Amulya, Amulet, Amara, Amnesia, Ambrosia, Amalthea, Amoeba, Amede, Amari, Ameris, Amai, Aimee, Amiri, and Amber. (I know. I have an unbelievable amount of names that start with Am.)
You can also try looking at dessert names for her. Maybe name her after a cake or pastry of some sort, since she's related to strawberries. =)

As for garnet guy, I really don't know. I have a Garnet dragon, who I really need to name, but "Garnet" will make it seem like I uncreatively named him after his color if people don't get it. D8 But I've thought about maybe something to do with love, or else something else that would relate to Garnet in a less direct way. So you can try thinking about that a bit.
@RainbowRay - I know exactly what you mean. If you take a peek in my lair... so many unnameds. But maybe, I will help you with a few of yours! Also I love the li'l centipeetle in your signature! (And I love Steven Universe and actually have a list of all the Steven Universe dragons I've collected, which is here on Kiwi!)

These are Hawaiian (I think) names I acquired at some point. They're a bit feminine, but I was thinking of them for rainbow guy. Feel free to use them for anyone else, though.
Amana means warrior
Iolana means to soar like a hawk
Melia means Plumeria flower
Maylea means wildflower
Nani means beauty; splendor
Ola means life; well-being

For miss Strawberry Battlefield, there's Amana above that means warrior, so that could be fitting. But also in the similar vein to the other names you like for her: Amadora, Amity, Amalythia, Amulya, Amulet, Amara, Amnesia, Ambrosia, Amalthea, Amoeba, Amede, Amari, Ameris, Amai, Aimee, Amiri, and Amber. (I know. I have an unbelievable amount of names that start with Am.)
You can also try looking at dessert names for her. Maybe name her after a cake or pastry of some sort, since she's related to strawberries. =)

As for garnet guy, I really don't know. I have a Garnet dragon, who I really need to name, but "Garnet" will make it seem like I uncreatively named him after his color if people don't get it. D8 But I've thought about maybe something to do with love, or else something else that would relate to Garnet in a less direct way. So you can try thinking about that a bit.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
@Orgetzu Hey, thanks for all your suggestions! (And thanks for the compliment on the 'peetle! Have you seen my fandragon of her too? I love her.)

I had a good ponder on all your suggestions for Lady Strawberry here, including googling 'list of strawberry desserts' at your suggestion. Ambrosia was one of them too, and I almost went for that... But actually, I liked the sound of Pavlova best! I also like the taste of it.

I also feel you about not wanting to just name a dragon after their colour, haha. I just refuse to make things simple for myself sometimes!
@Orgetzu Hey, thanks for all your suggestions! (And thanks for the compliment on the 'peetle! Have you seen my fandragon of her too? I love her.)

I had a good ponder on all your suggestions for Lady Strawberry here, including googling 'list of strawberry desserts' at your suggestion. Ambrosia was one of them too, and I almost went for that... But actually, I liked the sound of Pavlova best! I also like the taste of it.

I also feel you about not wanting to just name a dragon after their colour, haha. I just refuse to make things simple for myself sometimes!
@RainbowRay - You're welcome! =) (And you're welcome again. I went and looked at her, and she's great. =) )

Well, I'm glad that I was somewhat helpful, even if you didn't accept any of the names I listed directly. And I think it's also a good name for her. =)

Yep. Can't ever be easy. Gotta make things more complicated. =P The ones of mine I have named either came with names, or they're Peridot and Lapis, who I named myself. After forever. Peridot's name was just a lovely one I happened to find that fit with how I wanted her name to feel, and Lapis's is actually what I found as a last name for her when I was doing that in a context. =P
@RainbowRay - You're welcome! =) (And you're welcome again. I went and looked at her, and she's great. =) )

Well, I'm glad that I was somewhat helpful, even if you didn't accept any of the names I listed directly. And I think it's also a good name for her. =)

Yep. Can't ever be easy. Gotta make things more complicated. =P The ones of mine I have named either came with names, or they're Peridot and Lapis, who I named myself. After forever. Peridot's name was just a lovely one I happened to find that fit with how I wanted her name to feel, and Lapis's is actually what I found as a last name for her when I was doing that in a context. =P
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
Just bumping this up because I've got another dragon needing your mad naming skillz: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34567891] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345679/34567891_350.png[/img] [/url] Her ID is 34567891 so I'm after a number-related name!
Just bumping this up because I've got another dragon needing your mad naming skillz:

34567891_350.png

Her ID is 34567891 so I'm after a number-related name!
@RainbowRay

For your Snapper girl I suggest Sophie after Sophie Germain. She was a famous mathematician that developed the concept of Germain Primes (which is used in cryptography today; it's also used by mathematical artists setting a value to each digit to produce a portrait which I personally think is awesome) as well as pioneering a bunch of other mathematical concepts. She lived in the 1800s and yet still managed to leave her mark in a male field during a misogynistic time. Pretty amazing woman.
@RainbowRay

For your Snapper girl I suggest Sophie after Sophie Germain. She was a famous mathematician that developed the concept of Germain Primes (which is used in cryptography today; it's also used by mathematical artists setting a value to each digit to produce a portrait which I personally think is awesome) as well as pioneering a bunch of other mathematical concepts. She lived in the 1800s and yet still managed to leave her mark in a male field during a misogynistic time. Pretty amazing woman.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I would throw my hat into the ring with the name Sequencia, being based off of the words sequence, or sequential. It sounds pretty and while pretty literal and heavy handed a name, it still fits your numbers theme for the snapper girl. :)

@RainbowRay
I would throw my hat into the ring with the name Sequencia, being based off of the words sequence, or sequential. It sounds pretty and while pretty literal and heavy handed a name, it still fits your numbers theme for the snapper girl. :)

@RainbowRay
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
She looks like a sweet-smelling rosebud. I’d suggest calling her Aroma.
She looks like a sweet-smelling rosebud. I’d suggest calling her Aroma.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
@GrinningWolf24
Late response, whoops, but thank you for your suggestion! I named my girl Sequentia - I liked it a little more with a T. It does sound like some kind of fancy lady's name, haha.

Also bumping this up again, because I have four more name-needers in the first post!
@GrinningWolf24
Late response, whoops, but thank you for your suggestion! I named my girl Sequentia - I liked it a little more with a T. It does sound like some kind of fancy lady's name, haha.

Also bumping this up again, because I have four more name-needers in the first post!
Aaww, glad you like it! Happy to help~

*cracks knuckles* Okay, time for more names!

Fae: Abyssal, Marianas, Trench (some of the deepest places on Earth) OR Leviathon, Kelpie, Selkie, Syren, (deepsea/mythological monsters)

Rainbow mirror: Roygeebiv, Argeebee (say them aloud~ ((color spectrums))) OR Refraction (what light does through the atmosphere/other substances to actually allow us to see color) OR Pigment, Melanin (both have to due with the coloration of bodies) OR Batik (a form of art that uses waxes and dyes to make complex designs- look it up!)

Pretty Bog: Pixie, Sylvester, Faerun, Florentine, Sherbert, Greco (these have no real connotation; I just like them)

Mars mirror: Roman, Voyager, Viking (all three are rovers who have landed on Mars) OR Ares (the original Greek name counterpart to the Romanized Mars)
Aaww, glad you like it! Happy to help~

*cracks knuckles* Okay, time for more names!

Fae: Abyssal, Marianas, Trench (some of the deepest places on Earth) OR Leviathon, Kelpie, Selkie, Syren, (deepsea/mythological monsters)

Rainbow mirror: Roygeebiv, Argeebee (say them aloud~ ((color spectrums))) OR Refraction (what light does through the atmosphere/other substances to actually allow us to see color) OR Pigment, Melanin (both have to due with the coloration of bodies) OR Batik (a form of art that uses waxes and dyes to make complex designs- look it up!)

Pretty Bog: Pixie, Sylvester, Faerun, Florentine, Sherbert, Greco (these have no real connotation; I just like them)

Mars mirror: Roman, Voyager, Viking (all three are rovers who have landed on Mars) OR Ares (the original Greek name counterpart to the Romanized Mars)
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
for your rainbow, i like "frank"! after lisa frank, of course. :>
for your rainbow, i like "frank"! after lisa frank, of course. :>
4JPkFCP.png bicatcher.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7