Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Great Genealogical Undertaking!
1 2
A Complete Flight Rising Family Tree
This is an attempt to construct a family tree that includes EVERY DRAGON ON FLIGHT RISING. As far as I can tell, one doesn't yet exist, so I want to make one that all users and access and contribute to. Ever wondered how far back your shiny baby's lineage goes, or whether one of your dragons might be related to dragon belonging to one the early users, or whether the older dragon you just bought has great-great-great-grandbabies? We're gonna find out! I'm so excited :3
Current Tasks: Find Every G1, Find or Construct A Family Tree Program That Can Handle 12 Million Entries
Genealogist Pinglist: @8BitManifesto @Blitzstrike (if you want to be part of our volunteer genealogy team, ping me: @8BitManifesto ! )
A Complete Flight Rising Family Tree
This is an attempt to construct a family tree that includes EVERY DRAGON ON FLIGHT RISING. As far as I can tell, one doesn't yet exist, so I want to make one that all users and access and contribute to. Ever wondered how far back your shiny baby's lineage goes, or whether one of your dragons might be related to dragon belonging to one the early users, or whether the older dragon you just bought has great-great-great-grandbabies? We're gonna find out! I'm so excited :3
Current Tasks: Find Every G1, Find or Construct A Family Tree Program That Can Handle 12 Million Entries
Genealogist Pinglist: @8BitManifesto @Blitzstrike (if you want to be part of our volunteer genealogy team, ping me: @8BitManifesto ! )
10185942.png10352123.png
Nina and Ziv Go Adventuring!
@8bitmanifesto Can I ask what a genealogist would be doing? :o and for now, I think a spredsheet could suffice for listing all gen 1s and their owners!
@8bitmanifesto Can I ask what a genealogist would be doing? :o and for now, I think a spredsheet could suffice for listing all gen 1s and their owners!
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@8bitmanifesto

This is gonna be so much fun!!! :D
@8bitmanifesto

This is gonna be so much fun!!! :D
2t5JFrj.png
@Honintoman , I think what we'll be doing first is going through dragons by ID number to find all the G1s and listing them in the spreadsheet, which I'm putting together presently. :) It would also be really useful to have someone figure out how best to make all the data we gather into a finished family tree; I've never done anything quite like this before, so I'm all ears to any suggestions people have about that! I'm on no sort of timetable here, so it's work people would be welcome to do as they can and as they feel like it.

@Blitzstrike Yaaasss! It'll be so awesome :D
@Honintoman , I think what we'll be doing first is going through dragons by ID number to find all the G1s and listing them in the spreadsheet, which I'm putting together presently. :) It would also be really useful to have someone figure out how best to make all the data we gather into a finished family tree; I've never done anything quite like this before, so I'm all ears to any suggestions people have about that! I'm on no sort of timetable here, so it's work people would be welcome to do as they can and as they feel like it.

@Blitzstrike Yaaasss! It'll be so awesome :D
10185942.png10352123.png
@8bitmanifesto If it's not too much trouble, may I assist as a genealogist? It sounds quite interesting :D
@8bitmanifesto If it's not too much trouble, may I assist as a genealogist? It sounds quite interesting :D
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@8BitManifesto [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/12_350.png[/img] [/url] I'll throw him here so we have him on the thread(:
@8BitManifesto

12_350.png

I'll throw him here so we have him on the thread(:
2t5JFrj.png
@Blitzstrike Great! here's the spreadsheet I made for the G1s. If necessary, we can just add ID#s for now. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gJRl6A9p1WRvAJtAKkfwqXUOUayHFgdGU-0Kn5uFIo8/edit#gid=0
@Blitzstrike Great! here's the spreadsheet I made for the G1s. If necessary, we can just add ID#s for now. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gJRl6A9p1WRvAJtAKkfwqXUOUayHFgdGU-0Kn5uFIo8/edit#gid=0
10185942.png10352123.png
@8bitmanifesto I'm assuming we'll want these in numerical order? Is there a way to do that in the spreadsheet so we don't have to list it like that manually, or do we have to list every dragon in order manually? Just for future reference!
@8bitmanifesto I'm assuming we'll want these in numerical order? Is there a way to do that in the spreadsheet so we don't have to list it like that manually, or do we have to list every dragon in order manually? Just for future reference!
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@Honintoman that's a good idea, although I'm not entirely sure how to go about making it happen. @Blitzstrike , any thoughts?
@Honintoman that's a good idea, although I'm not entirely sure how to go about making it happen. @Blitzstrike , any thoughts?
10185942.png10352123.png
Drags @Drezdin over here

Come on, you know it would be fun to help and I need help with the spreadsheet oh master wizard~

@Honintoman

I'm sure I could figure something out if I thought about it hard enough(:
Drags @Drezdin over here

Come on, you know it would be fun to help and I need help with the spreadsheet oh master wizard~

@Honintoman

I'm sure I could figure something out if I thought about it hard enough(:
2t5JFrj.png
1 2