Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | (Private Post) Hypothermia Hatcheries
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@Elina @Teamozeal @Mortiki @VeryLittleThings @Vihtala

After looking at the selling thread for a bit I have a few ideas/questions.

1) Why not put a post listing our affiliates? Unless SilentSerenity asked us not to list them, we should let everyone know that we are willing to branch out and work with other players/hatcheries. (And for those people who will pay extra for the right element eyes.)

2) I plan on eventually making a separate post for my babies, but for everyone else listed in the master post/first post.... Maybe break them up into groups by who owns them? You know, make it clear to others at a glance who owns which dragon? That way Mortiki isn't being pinged every 5 minutes while the rest of us have no clue someone wants to buy from us.

I'd say we should each make our own post and list our dragons to make things easier to read--if possible--but I understand not everyone is comfortable doing that.

Thoughts? Opinions? Should we ping the others for their vote?

After looking at the selling thread for a bit I have a few ideas/questions.

1) Why not put a post listing our affiliates? Unless SilentSerenity asked us not to list them, we should let everyone know that we are willing to branch out and work with other players/hatcheries. (And for those people who will pay extra for the right element eyes.)

2) I plan on eventually making a separate post for my babies, but for everyone else listed in the master post/first post.... Maybe break them up into groups by who owns them? You know, make it clear to others at a glance who owns which dragon? That way Mortiki isn't being pinged every 5 minutes while the rest of us have no clue someone wants to buy from us.

I'd say we should each make our own post and list our dragons to make things easier to read--if possible--but I understand not everyone is comfortable doing that.

Thoughts? Opinions? Should we ping the others for their vote?
U4NqmwX.pngDragons for fest stuff!
Don't ask me why I do what I do, just understand that I do it with a smile.
XXY IMP RAFFLE, XXY SD RAFFLEtumblr_inline_ntexj6LQeA1ranayn_540.png
@Vihtala

How much do you currently have in treasure right now? I might beable to send u enough for another lair expansion.
@Vihtala

How much do you currently have in treasure right now? I might beable to send u enough for another lair expansion.
@Mortiki I have about 80k saved up out of the 150K that I'll need. I plan on staggering the hatch dates one day apart each after I hatch the first one to give myself more time to get the expansion.
@Mortiki I have about 80k saved up out of the 150K that I'll need. I plan on staggering the hatch dates one day apart each after I hatch the first one to give myself more time to get the expansion.
♥.♥.♥

tumblr_n74qarBE3r1tcqzfpo6_500.png

So, I bred three of my fully Gene'd pairs today. They each gave me nests of three eggs. xD

I have enough space for all of the babies, but I wanted to know if anyone here would have interest in any of them?

I guess i should ping @SilentSerenity too, as our affiliate.

So, I bred three of my fully Gene'd pairs today. They each gave me nests of three eggs. xD

I have enough space for all of the babies, but I wanted to know if anyone here would have interest in any of them?

I guess i should ping @SilentSerenity too, as our affiliate.
@LynnStarDragon,

To address your post above:
1. I agree we should list our affiliates for the reasons you list
2. I think separate posts for each of the members would be good

and to your post directly above, the pairings look exciting and I look forward to seeing the babies, but do not want to put a hold on any.

Thanks!
@LynnStarDragon,

To address your post above:
1. I agree we should list our affiliates for the reasons you list
2. I think separate posts for each of the members would be good

and to your post directly above, the pairings look exciting and I look forward to seeing the babies, but do not want to put a hold on any.

Thanks!
@Mortiki @LynnStarDragon @VeryLittleThings @Teamozeal @Elina

So my nests are hatching today and I was going through some threads to find a nice easy way to make a good presentation for the hatchlings. I'm not here as often so I want the hatchings to have the best possible odds of selling quickly. I found This thread on how to set up a hatchery and I really like the suggestions and way that it's set up. However, I don't want to make the post with my babies completely different than everybody else's.

So I'd like your opinions. if you'd all be alright with me setting up my hatchlings in the way this thread suggests?
@Mortiki @LynnStarDragon @VeryLittleThings @Teamozeal @Elina

So my nests are hatching today and I was going through some threads to find a nice easy way to make a good presentation for the hatchlings. I'm not here as often so I want the hatchings to have the best possible odds of selling quickly. I found This thread on how to set up a hatchery and I really like the suggestions and way that it's set up. However, I don't want to make the post with my babies completely different than everybody else's.

So I'd like your opinions. if you'd all be alright with me setting up my hatchlings in the way this thread suggests?
♥.♥.♥

That was actually one of the threads I was looking at for how to set up my post. xD

I'd say it's a pretty good way to go, actually. I figured any of my babies that didn't meet Hypothermia standards (not being fully gene'd, for example) I'd just open my own thread for, rather than bring down the name of the hatchery with ugly babies.

But, hey, I could also totally see us streamlining the main hatchery thread to look something like that. We already have a banner, and it wouldn't be too much work--for Mortiki or ourselves--if we each had to manage our own posts.

Maybe, with the first post, under 'Hatchlings for sale' would be a few links taking people directly to the other peoples' for sale posts?
That was actually one of the threads I was looking at for how to set up my post. xD

I'd say it's a pretty good way to go, actually. I figured any of my babies that didn't meet Hypothermia standards (not being fully gene'd, for example) I'd just open my own thread for, rather than bring down the name of the hatchery with ugly babies.

But, hey, I could also totally see us streamlining the main hatchery thread to look something like that. We already have a banner, and it wouldn't be too much work--for Mortiki or ourselves--if we each had to manage our own posts.

Maybe, with the first post, under 'Hatchlings for sale' would be a few links taking people directly to the other peoples' for sale posts?
@Mortiki @LynnStarDragon @VeryLittleThings @Teamozeal

Well it's been over 24 hours since I asked about nest posting and only LynnSD has gotten back to me, so I'm taking that to mean that no one really has any strong opinions about how I post the babies up. If by the time i wake up in the AM no one has given me any strong reason not to, I'm going to be putting my babies up in the boxed format.

On another note I've been talking to a few other hatchery owners who would welcome being affiliates but would like to know if you would all be ok with adding more affiliates?

@LynnStarDragon I think that's a good idea, putting everyone under their own post on the front page, or all in the first post maybe divided by name so people won't have to click through the dragons to see who owns what (in case they want holds or etc). And also if we each have one post(for those of us that want it) we can take some workload off of Mortiki whenever we have new hatchlings.
@Mortiki @LynnStarDragon @VeryLittleThings @Teamozeal

Well it's been over 24 hours since I asked about nest posting and only LynnSD has gotten back to me, so I'm taking that to mean that no one really has any strong opinions about how I post the babies up. If by the time i wake up in the AM no one has given me any strong reason not to, I'm going to be putting my babies up in the boxed format.

On another note I've been talking to a few other hatchery owners who would welcome being affiliates but would like to know if you would all be ok with adding more affiliates?

@LynnStarDragon I think that's a good idea, putting everyone under their own post on the front page, or all in the first post maybe divided by name so people won't have to click through the dragons to see who owns what (in case they want holds or etc). And also if we each have one post(for those of us that want it) we can take some workload off of Mortiki whenever we have new hatchlings.
♥.♥.♥

@Vihtala

I'll always vote for more affiliates. The more people we network with, the easier it'll be to sell our dragons. More than that, if they are willing to stud out any of their dragons it can probably help us keep our own lairs from getting too inbred.

It seems simple enough, and this way it'll be easier in the long run for all of us to keep the topic bumped. I might be putting a bump post in, or a reservation post and a bump post... probably a reservation post and then a bump post to continuously delete and re-bump without cluttering the thread.
@Vihtala

I'll always vote for more affiliates. The more people we network with, the easier it'll be to sell our dragons. More than that, if they are willing to stud out any of their dragons it can probably help us keep our own lairs from getting too inbred.

It seems simple enough, and this way it'll be easier in the long run for all of us to keep the topic bumped. I might be putting a bump post in, or a reservation post and a bump post... probably a reservation post and then a bump post to continuously delete and re-bump without cluttering the thread.
Sorry, @Vihtala, I am traveling and have very little time to look around at stuff. I'm fine with that setup. I did a separate post for my babies, though I didn't do the quote format.

Good luck.
Sorry, @Vihtala, I am traveling and have very little time to look around at stuff. I'm fine with that setup. I did a separate post for my babies, though I didn't do the quote format.

Good luck.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18