Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | \\~ Sig's Artwork ~//
1 2
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049420967044202588/sigs_artwork.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049420875365093386/divider_full_simple_blackwork_accurate_zig_flat_ribbon_ORANGE_LIGHT.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=centurygothic]Welcome![/font][/size][size=4] This is a digital journal of the different Flight Rising artworks I have made or am working on. There will sometimes be free resources and links ot my other creative projects like lore pages, lineage projects, or organizations I think you should check out! I am a member of the AA Fire Dom team so some of my artwork may be very Fire themed, including some free-to-use minimalist Fire graphics resources as I hone my skill and get better at producing art graphics. I will add hyperlinks and shortcuts to this primary post to make navigation in the thread quick and easy for you! Please feel free to offer critiques, constructive criticism, and any other comments on my art! They don't have to be long or drawn out whatsoever, even just a little positive comment means the world to me if you're able to leave one. I hope you enjoy what you see! [/size][/center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049420875365093386/divider_full_simple_blackwork_accurate_zig_flat_ribbon_ORANGE_LIGHT.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=centurygothic]Hyperlink Placeholders[/font][/size] Link | Link | Link | Link | Link | Link[/center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049420875365093386/divider_full_simple_blackwork_accurate_zig_flat_ribbon_ORANGE_LIGHT.png[/img] [i]All graphics and artworks in this post are made by @Sigursson.[/i]
sigs_artwork.png

divider_full_simple_blackwork_accurate_zig_flat_ribbon_ORANGE_LIGHT.png

Welcome!

This is a digital journal of the different Flight Rising artworks I have made or am working on. There will sometimes be free resources and links ot my other creative projects like lore pages, lineage projects, or organizations I think you should check out!

I am a member of the AA Fire Dom team so some of my artwork may be very Fire themed, including some free-to-use minimalist Fire graphics resources as I hone my skill and get better at producing art graphics. I will add hyperlinks and shortcuts to this primary post to make navigation in the thread quick and easy for you!

Please feel free to offer critiques, constructive criticism, and any other comments on my art! They don't have to be long or drawn out whatsoever, even just a little positive comment means the world to me if you're able to leave one.

I hope you enjoy what you see!

Hyperlink Placeholders

Link | Link | Link | Link | Link | Link

All graphics and artworks in this post are made by @Sigursson.
tumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.pngrYQWDi3.png
  1. My name is Sig
  2. +8 FR time | please ping me
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
  5. Mixed Lore and Dominance lair
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
First up! I've been drawing a lot of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3971485]Nymphia[/url] lately, but these two are the best out of the few sketches I've done. As the oldest out of all the dragons I own she holds a very special place in my heart, and I plan to at some point make her a one-of-a-kind UMA to add those grey/greying bits around her snout and at the edge of her feathers. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049431010867171401/nymphia_head_up.png[/img] I like this one because I just find it so funny. Might revisit it to polish it up in the future [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049431348407959712/unknown.png[/img]

First up!

I've been drawing a lot of Nymphia lately, but these two are the best out of the few sketches I've done. As the oldest out of all the dragons I own she holds a very special place in my heart, and I plan to at some point make her a one-of-a-kind UMA to add those grey/greying bits around her snout and at the edge of her feathers.

nymphia_head_up.png

I like this one because I just find it so funny. Might revisit it to polish it up in the future

unknown.png

1. My name is Sig
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
These two headshots are art materials/ resources for the lineage project I'm working on (Shadefolk), based around the unique affect that Obsidian Savannah has in completely blacking out certain parts of a dragon, particularly the face and neck. I am most proud of the Fae head without question, but I realised as soon as I finished the lineart that I accidentally drew a male Fae (facial fins/ ruffles are structurally different than a female's crests) but the lineage matriarch is a female Fae, so I'm pretending it's Not because I was too far along in the art process to make any major changes without losing the quality I already had. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049111706669961287/shadefolk_badge_no_text.png[/img] For this Ridgeback bust I noticed a lot of flaws and errors right after I posted but as an art piece I still enjoy it, so it's here! I would need to make the nose sharpness FAR more prominent, the neck thinner, and the scales at the sides of the head and neck far more noticeable. I want to work on teeth and mouths in general [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049431011152379994/SHADESCLAW.png[/img]

These two headshots are art materials/ resources for the lineage project I'm working on (Shadefolk), based around the unique affect that Obsidian Savannah has in completely blacking out certain parts of a dragon, particularly the face and neck.

I am most proud of the Fae head without question, but I realised as soon as I finished the lineart that I accidentally drew a male Fae (facial fins/ ruffles are structurally different than a female's crests) but the lineage matriarch is a female Fae, so I'm pretending it's Not because I was too far along in the art process to make any major changes without losing the quality I already had.

shadefolk_badge_no_text.png

For this Ridgeback bust I noticed a lot of flaws and errors right after I posted but as an art piece I still enjoy it, so it's here! I would need to make the nose sharpness FAR more prominent, the neck thinner, and the scales at the sides of the head and neck far more noticeable. I want to work on teeth and mouths in general

SHADESCLAW.png
  1. My name is Sig
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
This one! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58836845]Khannerzha! [/url] I genuinely love this silly, menacing Banescale so much. I need to do a mega re-write of her lore (it's two years old) and also actually digitize and re-make that mural in her bio that I doodled between classes at college. This portrait is the first Flight Rising-themed artwork I made when I came back from my 2-to-3-year-long hiatus, so it's a little messier than the more recent Shadefolk stuff. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742498902749479012/1049431010548396033/khannerza.png[/img]
This one!

Khannerzha!

I genuinely love this silly, menacing Banescale so much. I need to do a mega re-write of her lore (it's two years old) and also actually digitize and re-make that mural in her bio that I doodled between classes at college.

This portrait is the first Flight Rising-themed artwork I made when I came back from my 2-to-3-year-long hiatus, so it's a little messier than the more recent Shadefolk stuff.

khannerza.png
  1. My name is Sig
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/138301]Emberwrath[/url], who belongs to the lovely @RuthlessCata-- headshot won as a raffle prize for the IF Fire Flight dom push raffle held in Dec 2022. [img]https://i.imgur.com/xpT82Bo.png[/img] I'm very pleased with this; I learned a lot about Guardian anatomy and painting the Lionfish gene.
Emberwrath, who belongs to the lovely @RuthlessCata-- headshot won as a raffle prize for the IF Fire Flight dom push raffle held in Dec 2022.

xpT82Bo.png

I'm very pleased with this; I learned a lot about Guardian anatomy and painting the Lionfish gene.
  1. My name is Sig
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
Oh these are GORGEOUS! I especially love the last two; the Wrath and little spark/fire details are really nice. You do a fantastic job at matching FR's gene details and breed anatomy too! Awesome artwork.
Oh these are GORGEOUS! I especially love the last two; the Wrath and little spark/fire details are really nice. You do a fantastic job at matching FR's gene details and breed anatomy too! Awesome artwork.
[Info/Wishlist]
[Art Dump]
jouska-fromroswell.gif
@Jouska28 Ahh thank you so much!! I'm constantly improving every time I draw/paint something so I'm really glad I'm making progress
@Jouska28 Ahh thank you so much!! I'm constantly improving every time I draw/paint something so I'm really glad I'm making progress
  1. My name is Sig
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
Do you take requests or do commissions? I'd love to get some art in your style! Knowing me I'm probably too poor. But I thought I'd try asking anyway, lol.
Do you take requests or do commissions? I'd love to get some art in your style! Knowing me I'm probably too poor. But I thought I'd try asking anyway, lol.
IMG_3849.png
@RallraxAuri Hi!! I'm so grateful you asked, it's really high praise.

I think the short answer would be a tentative yes on commissions and also maybe a yes on requests, but for comms I'd need to do a little more pricing research ect

My style for dragons and skill has been developing pretty continuously over the last few days as I settle into learning the shapes and structures of the breeds thanks to the raffle prizes I've been doing that are pretty effectively stretching my comfort zone; I've finished one more (which I'm waiting for confirmation on before I post) and am working on a third, and I've learned so much even just doing those. I say tentative though as, because I'm developing the style and process I use pretty quickly, I worry that the style of the art I've done thus far might morph as I get more used to dragons versus people-- if that makes sense?

The TLDR of the above is my skill with doing dragons is improving but my style is also changing slightly every time I draw one, so at most I'd probably feel a little bad taking real payment if my skill improves immediately (and I also need to do research into proper pricing for the FR site market)

(I may have talked myself into a circle)
@RallraxAuri Hi!! I'm so grateful you asked, it's really high praise.

I think the short answer would be a tentative yes on commissions and also maybe a yes on requests, but for comms I'd need to do a little more pricing research ect

My style for dragons and skill has been developing pretty continuously over the last few days as I settle into learning the shapes and structures of the breeds thanks to the raffle prizes I've been doing that are pretty effectively stretching my comfort zone; I've finished one more (which I'm waiting for confirmation on before I post) and am working on a third, and I've learned so much even just doing those. I say tentative though as, because I'm developing the style and process I use pretty quickly, I worry that the style of the art I've done thus far might morph as I get more used to dragons versus people-- if that makes sense?

The TLDR of the above is my skill with doing dragons is improving but my style is also changing slightly every time I draw one, so at most I'd probably feel a little bad taking real payment if my skill improves immediately (and I also need to do research into proper pricing for the FR site market)

(I may have talked myself into a circle)
  1. My name is Sig
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
@Sigursson

That makes sense! Good luck while you improve.
@Sigursson

That makes sense! Good luck while you improve.
IMG_3849.png
1 2