Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Help with Guild lore
So I had another bout of inspiration again and this time I have more then randomly scribbled notes, the lore I've made is on a guild that goes underground and grab world ending, mind bending objects of any kind and store them away.

I've planned it out kinda like sub species but with a guild instead of dragon breeds. Problem is I'm not a writer and would love some help with critique, either with grammar mistakes, better sentences to describe something or my lore itself. Here's what I got so far:

Chasm Crawler lore

Chasm Crawlers is a guild that ventures into the very depths of Sornieth. The guild's goal is to recover and analyse ancient artefacts, architecture and biofacts.

The guild is also very active in recovering and reactivating automatons, using them to help with surveying and excavation. The Chasm Crawlers tends to butt heads with many other guilds as once the Crawlers find what they are looking for, they take these Archaeological finds and lock them away from prying eyes.

This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds - they are only interested in Lovercraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time, and some objects that not even the guild can describe. Such things are too risky for others outside the guild to know.

Finding such dangerous objects is no easy task, surveying a new location can take weeks or months and excavation taking longer. Worse, monstrosities guard these places, unwilling to give up their homes to outsiders.

The guild has no affiliation to any flights, and thus welcomes anyone willing to take the pledge. Even some Beastclans are starting to join them. Those that have proved themselves have to take a pledge to the guild, so that they can become official members. They have to recite the code that they swear to secrecy, loyalty, pursuit of knowledge and to protect their realm to the very end.

Each Officer or Sergeant that goes out on expeditions will always have a troop by their side. Sergeants and their troops consist of the rank they currently hold, while officers have a mix of all four. There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consists of many small outposts. Their archive room is only known to Officers and high ranking Scribes.

The guild has 5 main ranks:

Officer

Officers are the heads of operations and are responsible for the overall organization of their guild. They plan surveying operations, managing supplies and public relations.

Sergeants

Sergeants are not an official separate group but rather act as supervisors within their area of specialty such as Engineers, Scribes etc. They receive and follow orders from officers.

Engineer

Engineers are the ones who build and maintains the machines and robots that get frequently banged up or broken in surveyor expeditions.

Surveyor

Surveyor is a rank that is frequently given to newcomers, while a simple job on the surface it is the hardest one as many don't last long. Some leave after a week or are either killed by monsters, rockfall, cave collapses, flooding or toxic gas.

The job of a Surveyor is to scout ahead into virgin caves and ruins, marking the path and making sure it is safe for the Excavators and Scribes to continue forward. Surveyors that earn the rank of Sergeant are highly respected and loved by their troop.

Excavator

An excavator's job is to excavate archaeological sites and dig new tunnels. The Excavators are very tech heavy and use all sorts of tools, either to dig out delicate fossils or use golems to dig caverns into new areas.

Scribe

Scribes are the backbone of the guild. Their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds, then identify and archive them. Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse, It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm. Objects that can't be identified are too dangerous and are sent through a portal to the planes of Sur El, making sure that no one will ever come across it again.

[New]Different objects and artefacts that the Crawlers have identified are put into different categories. Here are a few:

Cursed objects

Objects that have been cursed due to the environment around it. Such as places of burial, sacrifice, area infected by the shade or even someone that placed a curse on it.

One such object the guild has found was with the remains of an ancient Imperial. If a dragon held this item they would begin to hear whispers, later start to become thin and sickly and then after a few days they would try to eat anything they could find, including other dragons.

The affects would be amplified if an Imperial held it, best thing to do with these types of objects is to destroy it if someone was afflicted.

Forbidden books

Forbidden books and tomes are powerful magical items that keep a range of helpful to destructive knowledge. These items can affect the user in various ways, imbue the reader with infinite knowledge, fracture their mind, sip all the user's magic or teleport them to a new plane of existence. One book that was found, when opened. Started to spit out an endless amounts of cheese wheels. It drowned half of the ruin before it was bound closed.

While these books are dangerous, such items are only understood by few with the specialized knowledge or interest.

Cosmic items and artefacts

The most destructive of categories, this can be any item or object. These can level cities or meld the area around them, some are even theorised to destroy Sornieth if used. No dragon can bear the affects though, as it will kill them but not before being contorted in horrifying and nightmarish ways, in both mind and body.

These items can only be bound by a magic seal to null its effect.

Unidentifiable

These objects cannot be put into other categories as they are too dangerous to study, Since it cannot be kept in the archives, it is teleported into a different plane of existence. One known plane is the realm of Sur El. Fractured shards of reality, created my a mage who wanted to wanted to unlock the secrets of the universe.

Eeeeh like I said all W.I.P, I would like to go more in depth with my lore but not sure how. If it's too much to sort out, I will gladly pay you lol. This is what the guild uniform is and was my main source of inspiration.

Average Chasm Crawler uniform

Not Found
Chasm Crawler Uniform
Base Uniform

Crawler Officer Uniform uses the elemental emblems as a way to tell them apart from other ranks, uniform can be changed as long as the powerpack coat and some of the basic uniform is equipped. The guild is very fond of robots and use them as familiars.
So I had another bout of inspiration again and this time I have more then randomly scribbled notes, the lore I've made is on a guild that goes underground and grab world ending, mind bending objects of any kind and store them away.

I've planned it out kinda like sub species but with a guild instead of dragon breeds. Problem is I'm not a writer and would love some help with critique, either with grammar mistakes, better sentences to describe something or my lore itself. Here's what I got so far:

Chasm Crawler lore

Chasm Crawlers is a guild that ventures into the very depths of Sornieth. The guild's goal is to recover and analyse ancient artefacts, architecture and biofacts.

The guild is also very active in recovering and reactivating automatons, using them to help with surveying and excavation. The Chasm Crawlers tends to butt heads with many other guilds as once the Crawlers find what they are looking for, they take these Archaeological finds and lock them away from prying eyes.

This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds - they are only interested in Lovercraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time, and some objects that not even the guild can describe. Such things are too risky for others outside the guild to know.

Finding such dangerous objects is no easy task, surveying a new location can take weeks or months and excavation taking longer. Worse, monstrosities guard these places, unwilling to give up their homes to outsiders.

The guild has no affiliation to any flights, and thus welcomes anyone willing to take the pledge. Even some Beastclans are starting to join them. Those that have proved themselves have to take a pledge to the guild, so that they can become official members. They have to recite the code that they swear to secrecy, loyalty, pursuit of knowledge and to protect their realm to the very end.

Each Officer or Sergeant that goes out on expeditions will always have a troop by their side. Sergeants and their troops consist of the rank they currently hold, while officers have a mix of all four. There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consists of many small outposts. Their archive room is only known to Officers and high ranking Scribes.

The guild has 5 main ranks:

Officer

Officers are the heads of operations and are responsible for the overall organization of their guild. They plan surveying operations, managing supplies and public relations.

Sergeants

Sergeants are not an official separate group but rather act as supervisors within their area of specialty such as Engineers, Scribes etc. They receive and follow orders from officers.

Engineer

Engineers are the ones who build and maintains the machines and robots that get frequently banged up or broken in surveyor expeditions.

Surveyor

Surveyor is a rank that is frequently given to newcomers, while a simple job on the surface it is the hardest one as many don't last long. Some leave after a week or are either killed by monsters, rockfall, cave collapses, flooding or toxic gas.

The job of a Surveyor is to scout ahead into virgin caves and ruins, marking the path and making sure it is safe for the Excavators and Scribes to continue forward. Surveyors that earn the rank of Sergeant are highly respected and loved by their troop.

Excavator

An excavator's job is to excavate archaeological sites and dig new tunnels. The Excavators are very tech heavy and use all sorts of tools, either to dig out delicate fossils or use golems to dig caverns into new areas.

Scribe

Scribes are the backbone of the guild. Their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds, then identify and archive them. Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse, It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm. Objects that can't be identified are too dangerous and are sent through a portal to the planes of Sur El, making sure that no one will ever come across it again.

[New]Different objects and artefacts that the Crawlers have identified are put into different categories. Here are a few:

Cursed objects

Objects that have been cursed due to the environment around it. Such as places of burial, sacrifice, area infected by the shade or even someone that placed a curse on it.

One such object the guild has found was with the remains of an ancient Imperial. If a dragon held this item they would begin to hear whispers, later start to become thin and sickly and then after a few days they would try to eat anything they could find, including other dragons.

The affects would be amplified if an Imperial held it, best thing to do with these types of objects is to destroy it if someone was afflicted.

Forbidden books

Forbidden books and tomes are powerful magical items that keep a range of helpful to destructive knowledge. These items can affect the user in various ways, imbue the reader with infinite knowledge, fracture their mind, sip all the user's magic or teleport them to a new plane of existence. One book that was found, when opened. Started to spit out an endless amounts of cheese wheels. It drowned half of the ruin before it was bound closed.

While these books are dangerous, such items are only understood by few with the specialized knowledge or interest.

Cosmic items and artefacts

The most destructive of categories, this can be any item or object. These can level cities or meld the area around them, some are even theorised to destroy Sornieth if used. No dragon can bear the affects though, as it will kill them but not before being contorted in horrifying and nightmarish ways, in both mind and body.

These items can only be bound by a magic seal to null its effect.

Unidentifiable

These objects cannot be put into other categories as they are too dangerous to study, Since it cannot be kept in the archives, it is teleported into a different plane of existence. One known plane is the realm of Sur El. Fractured shards of reality, created my a mage who wanted to wanted to unlock the secrets of the universe.

Eeeeh like I said all W.I.P, I would like to go more in depth with my lore but not sure how. If it's too much to sort out, I will gladly pay you lol. This is what the guild uniform is and was my main source of inspiration.

Average Chasm Crawler uniform

Not Found
Chasm Crawler Uniform
Base Uniform

Crawler Officer Uniform uses the elemental emblems as a way to tell them apart from other ranks, uniform can be changed as long as the powerpack coat and some of the basic uniform is equipped. The guild is very fond of robots and use them as familiars.
91741235.png77876607.png
@Katharos this is actually a pretty interesting read! i'll be brutally honest to get the point straight, so i hope you don't mind! i picked out several errors :) in quotes are the original, and in bold are the rectified. [quote]Chasm Crawler's are a guild that adventure into the very depths of Sornieth.[/quote] the apostrophe after "Chasm Crawler" is not necessary as the context does not require it; the "are" should be "is"; "adventure" should be "adventures", but a better word is "ventures". [b]Chasm Crawlers is a guild that ventures into the very depths of Sornieth.[/b] ----- [quote]This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds, they are only interested in Lovecraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time and some objects that not even the guild can describe[/quote] in my opinion, this sentence is really really lengthy! haha instead of the comma, i would put a dash "-" or a colon ":" as it's a separate idea. maaaybe also another comma after "long lost to time" would help break the sentence up for easier understanding. [b]This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds - they are only interested in Lovercraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time, and some objects that not even the guild can describe.[/b] ----- [quote]This is made even more tasking as with the monstrosities that guard these places are not willing to give up their homes to outsiders[/quote] this sentence seems iffy to me in a sense that i'm not certain what exactly you're referring to as "more" or "tasking". did you mean "taxing"? reading the previous sentence says it's difficult, but you might want to include this for clarity of your idea! :) [b]Worse, monstrosities guard these places, unwilling to give up their homes to outsiders.[/b] ----- [quote]The guild has no affiliation to any flights thus welcome anyone willing to take the pledge, even some Beastclan are starting to join.[/quote] commas! and the "Beastclan" should be plural. [b]The guild has no affiliation to any flights, and thus welcomes anyone willing to take the pledge. Even some Beastclans are starting to join them.[/b] ----- [quote]Each Officer or Sergeant that go out on expeditions always have a troop by their side, with Sergeants their troop will consist of the rank they are in while officer's have a mix of all four.[/quote] "go" needs to be "goes"; there's not a need to place an apostrophe after "officer"! split the sentences and that should work! i'll show you: [b]Each Officer or Sergeant that goes out on expeditions will always have a troop by their side. Sergeants and their troops consist of the rank they currently hold, while officers have a mix of all four.[/b] ----- [quote]There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consist of many small outposts.[/quote] just one error here: "consist" should be "consists" ^^ [b]There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consists of many small outposts.[/b] ----- i'll do the second half later on (if it's needed), but this is a really cool lore idea! i hope you get my explanations :)
@Katharos
this is actually a pretty interesting read! i'll be brutally honest to get the point straight, so i hope you don't mind! i picked out several errors :) in quotes are the original, and in bold are the rectified.
Quote:
Chasm Crawler's are a guild that adventure into the very depths of Sornieth.
the apostrophe after "Chasm Crawler" is not necessary as the context does not require it;
the "are" should be "is";
"adventure" should be "adventures", but a better word is "ventures".

Chasm Crawlers is a guild that ventures into the very depths of Sornieth.
Quote:
This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds, they are only interested in Lovecraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time and some objects that not even the guild can describe
in my opinion, this sentence is really really lengthy! haha
instead of the comma, i would put a dash "-" or a colon ":" as it's a separate idea.
maaaybe also another comma after "long lost to time" would help break the sentence up for easier understanding.

This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds - they are only interested in Lovercraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time, and some objects that not even the guild can describe.
Quote:
This is made even more tasking as with the monstrosities that guard these places are not willing to give up their homes to outsiders
this sentence seems iffy to me in a sense that i'm not certain what exactly you're referring to as "more" or "tasking". did you mean "taxing"?

reading the previous sentence says it's difficult, but you might want to include this for clarity of your idea! :)

Worse, monstrosities guard these places, unwilling to give up their homes to outsiders.
Quote:
The guild has no affiliation to any flights thus welcome anyone willing to take the pledge, even some Beastclan are starting to join.
commas! and the "Beastclan" should be plural.

The guild has no affiliation to any flights, and thus welcomes anyone willing to take the pledge. Even some Beastclans are starting to join them.
Quote:
Each Officer or Sergeant that go out on expeditions always have a troop by their side, with Sergeants their troop will consist of the rank they are in while officer's have a mix of all four.
"go" needs to be "goes";
there's not a need to place an apostrophe after "officer"!
split the sentences and that should work! i'll show you:

Each Officer or Sergeant that goes out on expeditions will always have a troop by their side. Sergeants and their troops consist of the rank they currently hold, while officers have a mix of all four.
Quote:
There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consist of many small outposts.
just one error here: "consist" should be "consists" ^^

There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consists of many small outposts.
i'll do the second half later on (if it's needed), but this is a really cool lore idea! i hope you get my explanations :)

4tjEMFS.gif

tori • she/her • fr +16
poetry & lore | chibis
[quote name="StarryLune" date="2021-11-21 23:04:56" ] @/Katharos this is actually a pretty interesting read! i'll be brutally honest to get the point straight, so i hope you don't mind! i picked out several errors :) in quotes are the original, and in bold are the rectified. [quote]Chasm Crawler's are a guild that adventure into the very depths of Sornieth.[/quote] the apostrophe after "Chasm Crawler" is not necessary as the context does not require it; the "are" should be "is"; "adventure" should be "adventures", but a better word is "ventures". [b]Chasm Crawlers is a guild that ventures into the very depths of Sornieth.[/b] ----- [quote]This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds, they are only interested in Lovecraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time and some objects that not even the guild can describe[/quote] in my opinion, this sentence is really really lengthy! haha instead of the comma, i would put a dash "-" or a colon ":" as it's a separate idea. maaaybe also another comma after "long lost to time" would help break the sentence up for easier understanding. [b]This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds - they are only interested in Lovercraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time, and some objects that not even the guild can describe.[/b] ----- [quote]This is made even more tasking as with the monstrosities that guard these places are not willing to give up their homes to outsiders[/quote] this sentence seems iffy to me in a sense that i'm not certain what exactly you're referring to as "more" or "tasking". did you mean "taxing"? reading the previous sentence says it's difficult, but you might want to include this for clarity of your idea! :) [b]Worse, monstrosities guard these places, unwilling to give up their homes to outsiders.[/b] ----- [quote]The guild has no affiliation to any flights thus welcome anyone willing to take the pledge, even some Beastclan are starting to join.[/quote] commas! and the "Beastclan" should be plural. [b]The guild has no affiliation to any flights, and thus welcomes anyone willing to take the pledge. Even some Beastclans are starting to join them.[/b] ----- [quote]Each Officer or Sergeant that go out on expeditions always have a troop by their side, with Sergeants their troop will consist of the rank they are in while officer's have a mix of all four.[/quote] "go" needs to be "goes"; there's not a need to place an apostrophe after "officer"! split the sentences and that should work! i'll show you: [b]Each Officer or Sergeant that goes out on expeditions will always have a troop by their side. Sergeants and their troops consist of the rank they currently hold, while officers have a mix of all four.[/b] ----- [quote]There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consist of many small outposts.[/quote] just one error here: "consist" should be "consists" ^^ [b]There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consists of many small outposts.[/b] ----- i'll do the second half later on (if it's needed), but this is a really cool lore idea! i hope you get my explanations :) [/quote] @StarryLune Aaaaaaaaaaa thank you so much I'll get started in fixing it, you are the best!
StarryLune wrote on 2021-11-21 23:04:56:
@/Katharos
this is actually a pretty interesting read! i'll be brutally honest to get the point straight, so i hope you don't mind! i picked out several errors :) in quotes are the original, and in bold are the rectified.
Quote:
Chasm Crawler's are a guild that adventure into the very depths of Sornieth.
the apostrophe after "Chasm Crawler" is not necessary as the context does not require it;
the "are" should be "is";
"adventure" should be "adventures", but a better word is "ventures".

Chasm Crawlers is a guild that ventures into the very depths of Sornieth.
Quote:
This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds, they are only interested in Lovecraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time and some objects that not even the guild can describe
in my opinion, this sentence is really really lengthy! haha
instead of the comma, i would put a dash "-" or a colon ":" as it's a separate idea.
maaaybe also another comma after "long lost to time" would help break the sentence up for easier understanding.

This is because the guild is not interested in any regular rare finds - they are only interested in Lovercraftian artefacts and architecture long lost to time, and some objects that not even the guild can describe.
Quote:
This is made even more tasking as with the monstrosities that guard these places are not willing to give up their homes to outsiders
this sentence seems iffy to me in a sense that i'm not certain what exactly you're referring to as "more" or "tasking". did you mean "taxing"?

reading the previous sentence says it's difficult, but you might want to include this for clarity of your idea! :)

Worse, monstrosities guard these places, unwilling to give up their homes to outsiders.
Quote:
The guild has no affiliation to any flights thus welcome anyone willing to take the pledge, even some Beastclan are starting to join.
commas! and the "Beastclan" should be plural.

The guild has no affiliation to any flights, and thus welcomes anyone willing to take the pledge. Even some Beastclans are starting to join them.
Quote:
Each Officer or Sergeant that go out on expeditions always have a troop by their side, with Sergeants their troop will consist of the rank they are in while officer's have a mix of all four.
"go" needs to be "goes";
there's not a need to place an apostrophe after "officer"!
split the sentences and that should work! i'll show you:

Each Officer or Sergeant that goes out on expeditions will always have a troop by their side. Sergeants and their troops consist of the rank they currently hold, while officers have a mix of all four.
Quote:
There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consist of many small outposts.
just one error here: "consist" should be "consists" ^^

There is no main base of operation as it is too risky, so their guild consists of many small outposts.
i'll do the second half later on (if it's needed), but this is a really cool lore idea! i hope you get my explanations :)

@StarryLune Aaaaaaaaaaa thank you so much I'll get started in fixing it, you are the best!
91741235.png77876607.png
@Katharos
no problems! happy to help :)
@Katharos
no problems! happy to help :)
4tjEMFS.gif

tori • she/her • fr +16
poetry & lore | chibis
@Katharos there’s probably more but here’s the ones that stood out to me [quote] Officers are the head of operations [/quote] should be officers are the [b]heads[/b] of operations. [quote]Excavator's job is to excavate archaeological sites and dig new tunnels. The Excavators are very tech heavy and use all sorts of tools, either to dig out delicate fossils or use golems to dig caverns into new areas.[/quote] maybe replace the first part with “An excavator’s job”? [quote]Scribes are the backbone of the guild, their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds then identify and archive them. Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse. It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm, objects that can't be identified are too dangerous and are sent through a portal to the planes of Sur El, making sure that no one will ever come across it again.[/quote] maybe do this instead? [quote] Scribes are the backbone of the guild[b]. Their[/b] job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds[b], [/b]then identify and archive them. [/quote] and this [quote] Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse[b], It[/b] is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm[b]. Objects [/b]that can't be identified…[/quote] anyway good lore, definitely more worldbuilding on the jobs than I’ve done for my own lol
@Katharos there’s probably more but here’s the ones that stood out to me
Quote:
Officers are the head of operations
should be officers are the heads of operations.
Quote:
Excavator's job is to excavate archaeological sites and dig new tunnels. The Excavators are very tech heavy and use all sorts of tools, either to dig out delicate fossils or use golems to dig caverns into new areas.
maybe replace the first part with “An excavator’s job”?
Quote:
Scribes are the backbone of the guild, their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds then identify and archive them. Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse. It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm, objects that can't be identified are too dangerous and are sent through a portal to the planes of Sur El, making sure that no one will ever come across it again.
maybe do this instead?
Quote:
Scribes are the backbone of the guild. Their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds, then identify and archive them.
and this
Quote:
Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse, It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm. Objects that can't be identified…

anyway good lore, definitely more worldbuilding on the jobs than I’ve done for my own lol
lore sales!! ==

it’s imginate without an a!
TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ WRITING SHOP | ART SHOP
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
[quote name="imginate" date="2021-11-23 02:15:57" ] @/Katharos there’s probably more but here’s the ones that stood out to me [quote] Officers are the head of operations [/quote] should be officers are the [b]heads[/b] of operations. [quote]Excavator's job is to excavate archaeological sites and dig new tunnels. The Excavators are very tech heavy and use all sorts of tools, either to dig out delicate fossils or use golems to dig caverns into new areas.[/quote] maybe replace the first part with “An excavator’s job”? [quote]Scribes are the backbone of the guild, their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds then identify and archive them. Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse. It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm, objects that can't be identified are too dangerous and are sent through a portal to the planes of Sur El, making sure that no one will ever come across it again.[/quote] maybe do this instead? [quote] Scribes are the backbone of the guild[b]. Their[/b] job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds[b], [/b]then identify and archive them. [/quote] and this [quote] Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse[b], It[/b] is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm[b]. Objects [/b]that can't be identified…[/quote] anyway good lore, definitely more worldbuilding on the jobs than I’ve done for my own lol [/quote] @imginate Ahhh thank you thank you! Will get right on it.
imginate wrote on 2021-11-23 02:15:57:
@/Katharos there’s probably more but here’s the ones that stood out to me
Quote:
Officers are the head of operations
should be officers are the heads of operations.
Quote:
Excavator's job is to excavate archaeological sites and dig new tunnels. The Excavators are very tech heavy and use all sorts of tools, either to dig out delicate fossils or use golems to dig caverns into new areas.
maybe replace the first part with “An excavator’s job”?
Quote:
Scribes are the backbone of the guild, their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds then identify and archive them. Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse. It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm, objects that can't be identified are too dangerous and are sent through a portal to the planes of Sur El, making sure that no one will ever come across it again.
maybe do this instead?
Quote:
Scribes are the backbone of the guild. Their job is to find sites of interest, lead the Excavators to them, collect their finds, then identify and archive them.
and this
Quote:
Since many of these artefacts can wear away ones sanity by merely knowing it exists or worse, It is imperative that scribes safely identify and store them away from harm. Objects that can't be identified…

anyway good lore, definitely more worldbuilding on the jobs than I’ve done for my own lol

@imginate Ahhh thank you thank you! Will get right on it.
91741235.png77876607.png