Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Ichor] Creative Corner
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[center][b]Enemy prompt[/b][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67160444][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/671605/67160444_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]"Enemy, every Malice-Ichor is my enemy. Everyone who can just sit there is my enemy. People who commit crimes against Plaguebringer herself is my enemy!" Ammit says as she further closes the distance against the recently turned polymath who cowers as he tries to crawl away only to realize that he couldn't move. "Have mercy, I was foolish!" He whispered, his eyes glinting with self-preservation. Her primal eyes furrow in delight as the polymath glared at her approach. A lot of Ichors can't feel fear but the instinct to save themselves was close enough and it still gave her enough dopamine. "Wow like at you! You beg for mercy even though you just committed the ultimate sin for a Carnage-Ichor. Hey tell me, what should I do to you since we're apparently not enemies." He huffed but continued to glare as she tapped her chin with her claw as if she was thinking about it. When she suddenly snapped her horrific eyes at him he felt a jolt of bloodlust. "No ideas? Oh well." Suddenly his body was spasming and twisting into all kinds of angles as if his body developed a mind of his own. He roared in a pain he never felt before. "Wait wait please I'll serve you! I'll do anything you want just please don't kill Vice-Warden!" The male pleaded much to her amusement. Cutting the magic off from her eyes, Ammit looked down at the pathetic creature in front of her who was panting harshly as the blood continued to drip out of his fur. It was fascinating. It seems that when a carnage becomes a polymath they lose all of Plaguebringer's gifts and as such the ability to resist her magic. They are pretty much almost like regular Gaolers which that by itself is really sad...It gave her an idea. "Fine, you can serve me." She says finally after a long pause. She then stalked towards him when she saw the tension leave his body. "But when I'm done, you'll wish that I just killed you."[/center]
Enemy prompt
67160444_350.png

"Enemy, every Malice-Ichor is my enemy. Everyone who can just sit there is my enemy. People who commit crimes against Plaguebringer herself is my enemy!" Ammit says as she further closes the distance against the recently turned polymath who cowers as he tries to crawl away only to realize that he couldn't move.

"Have mercy, I was foolish!" He whispered, his eyes glinting with self-preservation.

Her primal eyes furrow in delight as the polymath glared at her approach. A lot of Ichors can't feel fear but the instinct to save themselves was close enough and it still gave her enough dopamine. "Wow like at you! You beg for mercy even though you just committed the ultimate sin for a Carnage-Ichor. Hey tell me, what should I do to you since we're apparently not enemies."

He huffed but continued to glare as she tapped her chin with her claw as if she was thinking about it. When she suddenly snapped her horrific eyes at him he felt a jolt of bloodlust.

"No ideas? Oh well." Suddenly his body was spasming and twisting into all kinds of angles as if his body developed a mind of his own. He roared in a pain he never felt before.

"Wait wait please I'll serve you! I'll do anything you want just please don't kill Vice-Warden!" The male pleaded much to her amusement.

Cutting the magic off from her eyes, Ammit looked down at the pathetic creature in front of her who was panting harshly as the blood continued to drip out of his fur. It was fascinating. It seems that when a carnage becomes a polymath they lose all of Plaguebringer's gifts and as such the ability to resist her magic. They are pretty much almost like regular Gaolers which that by itself is really sad...It gave her an idea.

"Fine, you can serve me." She says finally after a long pause. She then stalked towards him when she saw the tension leave his body.

"But when I'm done, you'll wish that I just killed you."
RXD8sr3.gif
[center][i][b]Enemy Prompt[/b][/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67184946][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/671850/67184946_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] As far as Exulansis was concerned, the entirety of the Plague Flight was the enemy. He hated them, all of them, for doing this to him, for causing so much pain and destruction. As far as he was concerned, they'd killed his older brother. But he was a Plague dragon now, wasn't he? The experiments had transformed him, and now he was one of them. He was- he was no longer an Ice dragon. He was the enemy. Exulansis glanced over his shoulder, and when he saw no sign of the Carnage-Ichor who had been pursuing him for days he allowed himself to slow down a little. He didn't stop moving, though. He loped along despite his exhaustion, unwilling to let himself be captured again. [i]Enemy, enemy, enemy[/i]. The word rattled around in his brain as he made his way across the wasteland. It applied to everything at this point. The virulent boneyard around him, the Ichor prisons and their wardens, the Plaguebringer herself. Anything and everything belonging to the Plague Flight. Exulansis himself. Away in the west, the last vestiges of light were fading from the sky. Night was falling, but Exulansis didn't dare sleep. Not now. Not while he was still within the borders of the Scarred Wasteland. He was exhausted, though. Without his pursuer in sight he could feel his adrenaline ebbing, leaving him with no energy to speak of. He had to keep going. He had to escape. He had to... escape... He stumbled, lightheaded, darkness dancing across his vision. His legs would no longer carry him. He pitched forward, crashing face-first into the ground, and his body wouldn't let him get up. The world went dark, despite his attempts to keep running. [rule] Everything hurt. Exulansis could feel nothing but pain. It didn't matter, though. He was used to it. [i]They[/i] had hurt him far more. His eyes snapped open as he realized he had collapsed, and panic overwhelmed him when he was met with a face looking back at him. A [i]red-eyed[/i] face. A Plague dragon. [i]The enemy[/i]. This... this wasn't a Carnage-Ichor, though. It wasn't a gaoler at all. The dragon in front of him - no, [i]above[/i] him, looking down at him - was an orange-furred tundra. "Oh, good, you're awake," the stranger said softly, and suddenly Exulansis realized he wasn't in the middle of the wasteland anymore. He was inside somewhere, and it didn't seem to be one of those awful prisons. He tried to jump up, to scramble to his feet and survey his surroundings, but every muscle in his body screamed in protest. the tundra placed a furry paw on his chest to hold him down. A fae dragon flew into the room, holding a cup of tea that was far too big for her to carry without looking awkward. "Don't be afraid," she said, placing the teacup beside Exulansis so he could lap it up. "You're safe here." No. That couldn't be true. Plague dragons were the enemy. They were monsters, every last one of them. So why were these dragons being so kind? Was it because he, too, was a Plague dragon now? Was it because he himself was now part of the very flight he hated so much?
Enemy Prompt
67184946_350.png
As far as Exulansis was concerned, the entirety of the Plague Flight was the enemy. He hated them, all of them, for doing this to him, for causing so much pain and destruction.

As far as he was concerned, they'd killed his older brother.

But he was a Plague dragon now, wasn't he? The experiments had transformed him, and now he was one of them. He was- he was no longer an Ice dragon. He was the enemy.

Exulansis glanced over his shoulder, and when he saw no sign of the Carnage-Ichor who had been pursuing him for days he allowed himself to slow down a little. He didn't stop moving, though. He loped along despite his exhaustion, unwilling to let himself be captured again.

Enemy, enemy, enemy. The word rattled around in his brain as he made his way across the wasteland. It applied to everything at this point. The virulent boneyard around him, the Ichor prisons and their wardens, the Plaguebringer herself. Anything and everything belonging to the Plague Flight. Exulansis himself.

Away in the west, the last vestiges of light were fading from the sky. Night was falling, but Exulansis didn't dare sleep. Not now. Not while he was still within the borders of the Scarred Wasteland.

He was exhausted, though. Without his pursuer in sight he could feel his adrenaline ebbing, leaving him with no energy to speak of. He had to keep going. He had to escape.

He had to... escape...

He stumbled, lightheaded, darkness dancing across his vision. His legs would no longer carry him. He pitched forward, crashing face-first into the ground, and his body wouldn't let him get up. The world went dark, despite his attempts to keep running.

Everything hurt. Exulansis could feel nothing but pain. It didn't matter, though. He was used to it. They had hurt him far more.

His eyes snapped open as he realized he had collapsed, and panic overwhelmed him when he was met with a face looking back at him.

A red-eyed face. A Plague dragon. The enemy.

This... this wasn't a Carnage-Ichor, though. It wasn't a gaoler at all. The dragon in front of him - no, above him, looking down at him - was an orange-furred tundra.

"Oh, good, you're awake," the stranger said softly, and suddenly Exulansis realized he wasn't in the middle of the wasteland anymore. He was inside somewhere, and it didn't seem to be one of those awful prisons. He tried to jump up, to scramble to his feet and survey his surroundings, but every muscle in his body screamed in protest. the tundra placed a furry paw on his chest to hold him down.

A fae dragon flew into the room, holding a cup of tea that was far too big for her to carry without looking awkward. "Don't be afraid," she said, placing the teacup beside Exulansis so he could lap it up. "You're safe here."

No. That couldn't be true. Plague dragons were the enemy. They were monsters, every last one of them.

So why were these dragons being so kind? Was it because he, too, was a Plague dragon now?

Was it because he himself was now part of the very flight he hated so much?
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
Oo I like the energy here
Oo I like the energy here
RXD8sr3.gif
[center][Size=5]Enemy[/size] Ichor Lore Prompt #12[/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57460578][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/574606/57460578_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Hemlock hears them from miles away. They’re Carnage-Ichors: brutish things, with enormous horns and large claws and muscular bodies and no regard for their surroundings, no sense of delicacy. They crash through the Wastes like stones down a hill: powerful, yes, and inevitable, and if you were smart you would get out of their way. But also loud, scaring up birds and crushing things underfoot and broadcasting their position to the world. The difference, muses Hemlock as he moves closer, is that a stone doesn’t speak. C-Is, on the other hand, never stop. He can hear their voices, boastful and brash, from here. He can’t make out what they’re saying from this distance, but he doesn’t need to. Certainly, they aren’t saying anything [i]useful[/i]. Hemlock was one of those, once: charged by the Plaguebringer with being violent and angry all the time. His mind is clearer, now; he prefers it, this way. And, if he had never defected, he would never have gained his magic: that force buzzing under his skin, ready to be unleashed on the next soul he finds. He can’t [i]wait[/i], though he forces himself to; the anticipation makes it all the sweeter, and he cannot reveal his position ahead of time. He is powerful, smart, and armed with dozens of escape plans, but he is still only one dragon, relying on the element of surprise. That is another thing the Carnage-Ichors aren’t: [i]cautious[/i]. They believe they have nothing to fear. When he was among their number, Hemlock had felt the same. If you can’t be harmed, except by another of your kind, and if you are always in pursuit of the same cause as the rest of your kind, what is there to be afraid of? If no enemy can harm you, it’s no wonder you’d feel invincible. The Hemlock of today is fragile, by comparison, to the Hemlock of before. But he is also [i]stronger[/i]. With fear of death and the incentive to push his strategic mind to his limits, with the magic he possesses and the intelligence to [i]use[/i] it, Hemlock is better than he has ever been. And who better to test his prowess against than his former compatriots, bold and brash and invincible? How better to prove how much better he has managed to become? He is growing closer, now, and Hemlock quiets his footsteps as he moves. Yet another difference drawn between him and his targets: the ability, and the reason, to walk silently. If they are stones down a mountain, Hemlock is wind: you may hear the sussuration, see the way the trees respond to it, but you will never see it—even if you know it is there. [i]Plaguebringer[/i], it has been a long time since Hemlock had a good fight. He’s becoming insufferably poetic in his free time; perhaps this fight will cure him. He can see them in the trees, now: his enemies. [i]Targets[/i], really—an enemy requires a cause, an opposition, an attachment and righteous fury. Perhaps Hemlock is their enemy, but they don’t deserve the honor of being his. He watches for a moment as the group of four dragons treks through the Wasteland, loud and inevitable. He catalogues their weaknesses: one of them has a still-healing gash on his flank, likely a training accident. One of them is glowering at the leader; she is ignoring him. The final one seems nervous, jumpy, glancing over their shoulder at every tiny sound. Unusual, for a C-I, and undoubtedly a sign of abject weakness. All of this, Hemlock can use. He tails them for a bit longer, just to make sure he hasn’t missed anything. And when he finally has a plan in his mind, he strikes.
Enemy
Ichor Lore Prompt #12
57460578_350.png

Hemlock hears them from miles away.

They’re Carnage-Ichors: brutish things, with enormous horns and large claws and muscular bodies and no regard for their surroundings, no sense of delicacy. They crash through the Wastes like stones down a hill: powerful, yes, and inevitable, and if you were smart you would get out of their way. But also loud, scaring up birds and crushing things underfoot and broadcasting their position to the world.

The difference, muses Hemlock as he moves closer, is that a stone doesn’t speak. C-Is, on the other hand, never stop. He can hear their voices, boastful and brash, from here. He can’t make out what they’re saying from this distance, but he doesn’t need to. Certainly, they aren’t saying anything useful.

Hemlock was one of those, once: charged by the Plaguebringer with being violent and angry all the time. His mind is clearer, now; he prefers it, this way. And, if he had never defected, he would never have gained his magic: that force buzzing under his skin, ready to be unleashed on the next soul he finds. He can’t wait, though he forces himself to; the anticipation makes it all the sweeter, and he cannot reveal his position ahead of time. He is powerful, smart, and armed with dozens of escape plans, but he is still only one dragon, relying on the element of surprise.

That is another thing the Carnage-Ichors aren’t: cautious. They believe they have nothing to fear. When he was among their number, Hemlock had felt the same. If you can’t be harmed, except by another of your kind, and if you are always in pursuit of the same cause as the rest of your kind, what is there to be afraid of? If no enemy can harm you, it’s no wonder you’d feel invincible.

The Hemlock of today is fragile, by comparison, to the Hemlock of before. But he is also stronger. With fear of death and the incentive to push his strategic mind to his limits, with the magic he possesses and the intelligence to use it, Hemlock is better than he has ever been. And who better to test his prowess against than his former compatriots, bold and brash and invincible? How better to prove how much better he has managed to become?

He is growing closer, now, and Hemlock quiets his footsteps as he moves. Yet another difference drawn between him and his targets: the ability, and the reason, to walk silently. If they are stones down a mountain, Hemlock is wind: you may hear the sussuration, see the way the trees respond to it, but you will never see it—even if you know it is there.

Plaguebringer, it has been a long time since Hemlock had a good fight. He’s becoming insufferably poetic in his free time; perhaps this fight will cure him.

He can see them in the trees, now: his enemies. Targets, really—an enemy requires a cause, an opposition, an attachment and righteous fury. Perhaps Hemlock is their enemy, but they don’t deserve the honor of being his.

He watches for a moment as the group of four dragons treks through the Wasteland, loud and inevitable. He catalogues their weaknesses: one of them has a still-healing gash on his flank, likely a training accident. One of them is glowering at the leader; she is ignoring him. The final one seems nervous, jumpy, glancing over their shoulder at every tiny sound. Unusual, for a C-I, and undoubtedly a sign of abject weakness. All of this, Hemlock can use.

He tails them for a bit longer, just to make sure he hasn’t missed anything. And when he finally has a plan in his mind, he strikes.
aspshQy.png
Weekly Writing Prompt 12: Enemy

"Um, Grandpa? Can I ask you a question?"

Fachnan cracked open one darkened eye to note it was his granddaughter Ashtaroth at the entrance to his den, standing there, nervous. He internally grumbled at his second eldest for his terrible treatment of the girl. Of all his grandchildren, Ash was his favourite, with a sharp mind and quiet, introspective personality. But not to leave her fidgeting, he flicked his tail and she scrambled over and laid next to him.

"What do you want to ask me, my little soot sprite?"

He crooned at her, grooming her mane as she thought about how to phrase her questions. Another trait Fachnan appreciated, she didn't speak without thinking, and chose her words carefully. It seems her Aunt Titania's lessons on manipulating others without lying or using magic were effective. Shame it didn't rub off on her cousins.

"I, um, I wanted to ask about your time as a C-I. If that's alright I mean!"

She squeaked out that last part and Fachnan felt his cold heart break a bit. She was so unsure of herself because of his wife's apathy and son's coldness. He paused his grooming and hummed in thought, there was no harm in telling her about his Order days.

"Well," he started slowly, "my time in Kairos' brigade was much different to how your uncle runs his prison."

"How so? Aren't all C-I prisons run the same?"

"No. All are run slightly different, your uncle is just an oddball with how he runs his. Kairos is strict, and personally corrects you if he thinks you aren't up to standard."

Ash flinched at that thought, likely thinking of Shiva's methods.

"On top of that, light coated C-I's are often considered… lesser in the order, even if it's not stated outright. Your uncle is odd for not seeing them as such. I had to face this unspoken bias during my time as a C-I."

He felt his granddaughter eye his dark coat now, clearly disbelieving of him ever being a light coat.

"I was forced to be a Sentry, the lowest rank, with little chance to move up in the order. Constantly told where to go, when I was going and what I was doing. It was miserable."

He could tell by the surprised noise that escaped Ash that she was surprised he'd ever let another dragon boss him around, that wasn't Shiva.

"My direct superior was an Overseer named Genesis. He was not a proper Carnage in my eyes at the time, half standard Ichor not that I knew it, and an oddball in his personality. He was mild for a C-I, and I hated him."

His tone was bitter, and he barely registered Ash pressing into his side, enraptured with what he was saying.

"I still hate him, but not for his heritage or personality. No, I hate him for his blind faith in the order and its flawed doctrine. I took great joy when I left his deranged son with scars and fuming that he couldn't kill me. Even if that brat crippled me, I left satisfied. I'd be more satisfied if I could make Genesis himself bleed."

His claws left gouges in the floor, and Ash watched the trail he left.

"Um, Grandpa, why Genesis and not Kairos? Doesn't he do the promotions?"

"Because I am not in possession of a deathwish, my little soot sprite. Your grandmother would be hard pressed against him in a fight, so listen well."

His tone went deadly serious, and he locked eyes with her, his heart clenching as he thought of what would happen should the head of the order get his claws on her.

"You may wander the world, see and meet many different dragons. You will also make many enemies because of what we are and what we represent. But of all of those that you will meet on your travels, none, and I mean none, will ever be more dangerous than warden Kairos."

As he spoke, his voice had gotten lower and he had leaned in for her to hear better.

"You make sure you stay far from him, little sprite, and never try to fight him. What I taught you will protect you from most of the Carnages you will encounter, but should you come face to face with him, you run. You run fast and far. And you pray he doesn't think you worth his time to track you down."

Pulling back, he lay his head on his paws, Ashtaroth hiding herself deep in his side.

"I, I understand grandpa, I will heed your wisdom."

She whispered and got up, dipping her head to him before leaving on shaky paws. And for the first time in a long time, Fachnan prayed to the gods, he prayed that they would protect Ashtaroth and have mercy on her.
Weekly Writing Prompt 12: Enemy

"Um, Grandpa? Can I ask you a question?"

Fachnan cracked open one darkened eye to note it was his granddaughter Ashtaroth at the entrance to his den, standing there, nervous. He internally grumbled at his second eldest for his terrible treatment of the girl. Of all his grandchildren, Ash was his favourite, with a sharp mind and quiet, introspective personality. But not to leave her fidgeting, he flicked his tail and she scrambled over and laid next to him.

"What do you want to ask me, my little soot sprite?"

He crooned at her, grooming her mane as she thought about how to phrase her questions. Another trait Fachnan appreciated, she didn't speak without thinking, and chose her words carefully. It seems her Aunt Titania's lessons on manipulating others without lying or using magic were effective. Shame it didn't rub off on her cousins.

"I, um, I wanted to ask about your time as a C-I. If that's alright I mean!"

She squeaked out that last part and Fachnan felt his cold heart break a bit. She was so unsure of herself because of his wife's apathy and son's coldness. He paused his grooming and hummed in thought, there was no harm in telling her about his Order days.

"Well," he started slowly, "my time in Kairos' brigade was much different to how your uncle runs his prison."

"How so? Aren't all C-I prisons run the same?"

"No. All are run slightly different, your uncle is just an oddball with how he runs his. Kairos is strict, and personally corrects you if he thinks you aren't up to standard."

Ash flinched at that thought, likely thinking of Shiva's methods.

"On top of that, light coated C-I's are often considered… lesser in the order, even if it's not stated outright. Your uncle is odd for not seeing them as such. I had to face this unspoken bias during my time as a C-I."

He felt his granddaughter eye his dark coat now, clearly disbelieving of him ever being a light coat.

"I was forced to be a Sentry, the lowest rank, with little chance to move up in the order. Constantly told where to go, when I was going and what I was doing. It was miserable."

He could tell by the surprised noise that escaped Ash that she was surprised he'd ever let another dragon boss him around, that wasn't Shiva.

"My direct superior was an Overseer named Genesis. He was not a proper Carnage in my eyes at the time, half standard Ichor not that I knew it, and an oddball in his personality. He was mild for a C-I, and I hated him."

His tone was bitter, and he barely registered Ash pressing into his side, enraptured with what he was saying.

"I still hate him, but not for his heritage or personality. No, I hate him for his blind faith in the order and its flawed doctrine. I took great joy when I left his deranged son with scars and fuming that he couldn't kill me. Even if that brat crippled me, I left satisfied. I'd be more satisfied if I could make Genesis himself bleed."

His claws left gouges in the floor, and Ash watched the trail he left.

"Um, Grandpa, why Genesis and not Kairos? Doesn't he do the promotions?"

"Because I am not in possession of a deathwish, my little soot sprite. Your grandmother would be hard pressed against him in a fight, so listen well."

His tone went deadly serious, and he locked eyes with her, his heart clenching as he thought of what would happen should the head of the order get his claws on her.

"You may wander the world, see and meet many different dragons. You will also make many enemies because of what we are and what we represent. But of all of those that you will meet on your travels, none, and I mean none, will ever be more dangerous than warden Kairos."

As he spoke, his voice had gotten lower and he had leaned in for her to hear better.

"You make sure you stay far from him, little sprite, and never try to fight him. What I taught you will protect you from most of the Carnages you will encounter, but should you come face to face with him, you run. You run fast and far. And you pray he doesn't think you worth his time to track you down."

Pulling back, he lay his head on his paws, Ashtaroth hiding herself deep in his side.

"I, I understand grandpa, I will heed your wisdom."

She whispered and got up, dipping her head to him before leaving on shaky paws. And for the first time in a long time, Fachnan prayed to the gods, he prayed that they would protect Ashtaroth and have mercy on her.
493-FBA33-D94-C-44-CD-ACEC-D8-ADC3-F28147.jpg
Me, when I first got these dragons: "These are not kind dragons and in all likelihood that would show in their personal relationships, so I shouldn't approach the relationship that Valerian and Hemlock have in an overtly romantic way" Also me: writes whatever this is... This is embarrassing, which is what I as an aro-spec person call anything that has even a slight hint of romance, but the family ties here my friends... they are delicious. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57460578][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/574606/57460578_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][POV: Hemlock][/center] “Hemlock,” Valerian says, as Hemlock stands to go. His voice is calm, matter of fact, as if he is commenting on the weather or the time of day: something inane and normal and true. He says, “You should not go out.” Hemlock rolls his eyes and heads for the door, and Valerian continues speaking. “The patrols have been growing more frequent, and I suspect they will be in this area within the hour. Our safety relies on you remaining inside.” “Valerian, darling,” Hemlock says, badly-hidden annoyance in his voice, “that is exactly the reason I want to go out. I’m [i]so[/i]—” he cuts himself off, shaking his head; he’s itchy, underneath his skin. His magic wants out, and he knows exactly where the C-Is will be before much longer. If he could just get out there, sow some discord, ruin some relationships—it would calm him, settle him, make his skin feel like it fits again. Valerian fixes him with a look, though; a look Hemlock has become both familiar with and, unfortunately, fond of. He meets his partner’s eyes and lets out a long-suffering sigh. Instead of turning toward the exit, he turns to pace the room. “I know that you enjoy interfering with their work,” says Valerian, and Hemlock tries to find the unchanging cadence of his voice soothing, “but if you do, they will have confirmation that we are in this area. They will retreat for today, but later they will return to search it more thoroughly. They will find this base, and we will be forced to move once again.” “And we just burned our last hideout,” Hemlock sighs, putting the pieces together. Valerian doesn’t need to say anything more; he knows when Hemlock is beaten, to Hemlock’s own annoyance. “It would be annoying to have to move again, wouldn’t it?” “Asphodel did not appreciate the last time we left without informing him,” Valerian says, and Hemlock huffs out a laugh. “No, he did not,” Hemlock says. “Honestly. For a Malice Ichor, he [i]is[/i] a soft one. So attached to places and things. He was so upset that they broke the lamp.” He chuckles, and finds a spot on the floor, sprawling out rather than sitting in a normal, reasonable way. He’s bound to fidget; there is more room on the floor for frequent moving around. “Put on the fire,” Valerian says, and Hemlock glances at the empty fireplace and realizes it’s a good idea. For nothing else to do, he does as he is told. “Where is Asphodel, right now?” Hemlock asks, as he sets new firewood in the mouth of it. “Out tormenting the innocent? Making us proud? Having the fun you so [i]cruelly[/i] refuse me, you brute?” He can’t help the smile curling up the corners of his mouth, but he isn’t facing Valerian, so he refuses to fight it back. “Currently on his way back,” answers Valerian. “I sent him word that the patrols in the area were becoming more frequent, and requested that he investigate the movements of the Carnage-Ichor patrols in the area. He should return with news before very much longer.” “That’s good,” Hemlock says, starting the fire with a practiced movement and watching the sparks take to tinder. “He’ll come back and say that it’s [i]perfectly[/i] fine for me to go outside, actually, and then it will be two against one. You, my dear, will be outvoted.” “You are so certain that he will side with you,” Valerian says. Hemlock can hear the smile in his voice. “You know as well as I that he prefers to keep the both of us safe.” A pause, and then: “Besides, everybody knows that I am the only voice of reason you deign to listen to.” Hemlock snorts. He stretches out on the rug in front of the fire, letting the heat of it warm his fur. “Don’t think about it too hard,” he says, “you might hurt yourself.” A sense of relaxation falls over him; sometimes, he forgets his affinity to fire—he has lived in the Wastes for so long, he nearly forgot it. But it is soothing, calming; it is also comforting to know that, though Hemlock forgets it, [i]Valerian[/i] remembers. Valerian thought of his comfort. Valerian lets out a light laugh, and Hemlock smiles at the sound. Valerian does not often laugh—typically, when he is amused, it merely sneaks into his tone. He has an impeccable poker face and is remarkably hard to read, and Hemlock marvels, still, that of all dragons in the world to pull a laugh out of stoic and unemotional Valerian, it would be him. Asphodel uses the word [i]family[/i] when he thinks the two of them can’t hear. It had set Hemlock on edge, at first, the idea that he would be tied to anybody but himself, but he has warmed up to the idea over time. This does feel like a family, the longer he stays here: Valerian, familiar and solid; Asphodel, curious and warm. And Hemlock, who has never needed connection, never wanted it, but still found it, somewhere along the line. “If someone told me I would end up here,” Hemlock muses, mostly to himself, but he says the words aloud that Valerian might listen to them. “I would have laughed in their face.” “Here?” Valerian prompts. He knows Hemlock doesn’t mean this location; Hemlock knows he does. “I’m a [i]parent[/i],” Hemlock laughs. It feels absurd on his tongue. “I have a [i]son[/i], who I’ve taught my magic to. Who has grown into a dragon I am proud to know. I have a home, with a fire to lie by, and it brings me comfort to be there. I have—” he halts himself, and looks up at Valerian. He is met with a gaze so soft, so tender, he almost loses his breath. “You have?” Valerian prompts, a gentle smile on his face. He knows, Hemlock knows. That should make it easier to say it, but it doesn’t. Not at all. He watches Valerian for a moment; Valerian watches him back. Valerian, who left the C-Is for him; who came seeking him out, who turned against his entire order for the sake of Hemlock. Valerian, who allowed Hemlock to teach him—who [i]trusted [/i]Hemlock to protect him. Who still does. This is something Hemlock has never had in his life. It’s something precious, and so fragile that putting it to words feels perilous. Not a day goes by that Hemlock doesn’t fear he’ll lose it. Valerian told him, once, that nobody in the C-Is would believe that the fearsome Hemlock could care, genuinely, for anybody but himself. Hemlock had thought that it was true, at one time. And at one time, it had changed. “I have you,” Hemlock says, quiet. And then, because sometimes there is a seed of doubt in the back of his mind, and he wants to hear the answer: “don’t I?” “Of course you do,” Valerian says, the care finally creeping into his voice. “As long as you want me.” That is enough for Hemlock. He gives Valerian a smile, receives one in return, and then rests his head on his forelegs and lets himself drift off into a peaceful half-sleep. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66076658][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/660767/66076658_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][POV: Asphodel][/center] When Asphodel returns home, Valerian is at his desk and Hemlock is sprawled across the rug in front of the fireplace, basking in the warmth. The lights are dim—except for over Valerian’s desk—and the flickering of the fire is the only sound—except for the scratch of Valerian’s pen on paper. To Asphodel, it is picturesque, cozy. He enters the room and feels immediately at ease. His father glances up at him from the desk, acknowledging him with a nod and a small smile. Hemlock opens a single eye, observes Asphodel a moment, and then closes it again. For a moment, Asphodel marvels that Valerian has found a way to get Hemlock to stay still for so long, with what is going on outside. Usually, Hemlock wouldn’t be able to resist the chance to mess with C-Is, no matter the circumstances. It must show on his face, because Valerian speaks without being asked. “He has agreed to remain inside for the remainder of the day. We spoke about the danger.” “We [i]spoke[/i], he says,” Hemlock mutters from the floor where he lies. “More like he [i]told[/i] me, and wouldn’t accept any answer but the one he wanted to hear.” What Asphodel hears is, [i]we argued about it, but ultimately Hemlock listened to reason,[/i] and he suppresses a smile. He knows, from a life with these two, that Valerian is the only dragon who could convince Hemlock to choose the safer option. Hemlock is outwardly annoyed, but it is only proof of his bond with Valerian. Asphodel enjoys seeing the dragons who raised him get along. He loves to see just how deeply they care about each other, though perhaps to an outside observer it wouldn’t be so obvious. He feels, to some extent and against his better judgement, like a part of a family. It’s nice, and he lets himself bask in it just a moment before he walks into the room and finds his favorite chair, by the bookshelves. “Anything interesting out there?” Valerian asks, returning to his writing. Asphodel runs a claw over the spines of his books, picking one out at random. “No,” he says. He sees Hemlock’s ears swivel toward him, the only sign that he is listening. “For now, the coast is clear. Seems the bulk of their search team will be reaching this area by nightfall, but I double checked the wards around the entrance and made sure the physical obstacles disguising the door were intact. I strongly doubt anyone will find us without first knowing where we are.” Hemlock hums. Asphodel sees his tail twitch. “So we are stuck inside for another night.” “There are worse places to be,” Valerian says, sounding faintly amused. “A Carnage-Ichor prison, for example, being tortured and eventually killed.” “Don’t condescend to me,” Hemlock mutters, casting a look at Valerian. “I’ve been in and out of C-I prisons before, at the height of their security and with their best Tactician organizing the patrols. I know how this works.” Asphodel pricks his ears—their [i]best Tactician[/i] can only be Valerian, because Hemlock would never compliment a C-I. But this is a story that Asphodel has never heard before, and he finds himself hungry for details. “But you have never been locked inside a cell,” Valerian says, patient and matter-of-fact. He doesn’t even look up from his writing. “Doesn’t matter if they lock me up or not,” Hemlock says. “I have illusions I’ve been wanting to try. You know I have. I would be out of there in minutes; they couldn’t hold me for a single solitary day.” His voice is somewhere between annoyed and boastful; Asphodel hides his smile in the book he opens to pretend to read. “Once you are locked up, you would not be able to obtain a key,” Valerian says, straightforward and informational. “And you would not be able to pick the lock from the inside. Every dragon in possession of a key would be accompanied by at least two other guards, on the lookout for your illusions. I do not have to explain why this would be a problem for you.” Hemlock huffs a short laugh. “Three guards, hm? I don’t suppose they are instructed not to deviate from their patrol route, under any circumstances?” “They are.” Asphodel looks up to see the two of them looking at each other—mischief in Hemlock’s eyes, amusement in Valerian’s, like they’re sharing a private joke. He feels a curl of warmth around his heart, like the fire in the fireplace: cozy and comfortable. “Would they even still trust the instructions you left, in the event that I were to be captured?” Hemlock asks. “You turned. You are no longer their Tactician—you’re mine, now. They may have dismissed every word you said as malicious.” “My strategies speak for themselves,” says Valerian, simply. He looks back down at his parchment, writing a few more words. Asphodel has always admired this about him, his stoic calm, his certainty. “Perhaps they have revised them, or changed them in case I were to reveal internal secrets. I would not blame them. But they are effective, simple, and smart, even to this day. Whether or not I am with the order, if they are smart, they will recognize that.” Hemlock hums, and seems to accept that answer well enough. He lets his head fall again, resting it against his forelegs. His eyes fall shut, and Asphodel is left in the comfortable silence. He finds himself curious, though. He always is. He asks: “What’s this about three guards?” “Oh, it’s [i]ancient[/i] history,” Hemlock says without opening his eyes, though a smile spreads across his face. “When your father was still with the Carnage-Ichor Order, I would sneak in to see him from time to time. He began trying to devise patrol routes which would keep me out, despite my illusions and the fact that I’m ten times as clever as any C-I.” Valerian looks up at Asphodel. “He did not sneak in to see me,” he says. “He snuck in to destroy records and learn what information the order had on him.” “[i]And[/i] to see you,” Hemlock adds. “A dragon can have multiple priorities, darling. Anyway, I found his attempts to keep me out amusing, and I began to give him advice.” Valerian continues, picking up the story easily: “Taking into account the fact that his illusions can only impact one dragon at a time, I organized the patrol routes so that there would be two dragons at each of several points that I suspected Hemlock could infiltrate through. The thought was that, if he misled one dragon, there would still be one left to spot him skulking around.” Hemlock sounds delighted. “What he [i]didn’t[/i] realize,” he says, “is that I could simply lead one dragon around a corner, and once they were out of eyeshot I would make myself invisible to the remaining guard.” He chuckles. “It was a clever idea to begin with, and he certainly discovered the route I was sneaking in through. It just wasn’t quite enough, so I gave him some pointers.” “Three guards,” Valerian says. “One to investigate strange occurrences, and two left to keep an eye out while they were gone. If the first was out of sight too long, the other two would go on high alert until their compatriot returned. They were under very strict orders to never leave their post.” “Would’ve worked, too,” Hemlock says, smiling to himself and closing his eyes again. “If your father hadn’t defected and searched me out before the next time I came to see him, I would have run into some serious trouble, I suspect.” His voice goes gently mocking. “Just a bit more patience and you would have had me locked up, darling. How does that make you feel?” “Satisfied,” Valerian says. “My goal was to keep you out. I succeeded. My other failures are of little consequence, and now instead of attempting to trap you, I seek to keep you safe.” He pauses, puts his pen down. Hemlock’s eyes blink open once again, and the two of them watch each other for a while. “It would be easier,” Valerian says, softly, “if you would let me.” Something passes between them in an instant, and then Hemlock shrugs and sighs, rolling over. “My job has never been to make your life easier, love,” he says, apparently dismissive, but Asphodel can hear the fondness in his voice when he looks for it. He smiles to himself, flipping a few pages in his book. “I know,” Valerian replies, equally as fond, and they lapse once again into silence.
Me, when I first got these dragons: "These are not kind dragons and in all likelihood that would show in their personal relationships, so I shouldn't approach the relationship that Valerian and Hemlock have in an overtly romantic way"

Also me: writes whatever this is...

This is embarrassing, which is what I as an aro-spec person call anything that has even a slight hint of romance, but the family ties here my friends... they are delicious.

57460578_350.png
[POV: Hemlock]

“Hemlock,” Valerian says, as Hemlock stands to go. His voice is calm, matter of fact, as if he is commenting on the weather or the time of day: something inane and normal and true. He says, “You should not go out.”

Hemlock rolls his eyes and heads for the door, and Valerian continues speaking. “The patrols have been growing more frequent, and I suspect they will be in this area within the hour. Our safety relies on you remaining inside.”

“Valerian, darling,” Hemlock says, badly-hidden annoyance in his voice, “that is exactly the reason I want to go out. I’m so—” he cuts himself off, shaking his head; he’s itchy, underneath his skin. His magic wants out, and he knows exactly where the C-Is will be before much longer. If he could just get out there, sow some discord, ruin some relationships—it would calm him, settle him, make his skin feel like it fits again.

Valerian fixes him with a look, though; a look Hemlock has become both familiar with and, unfortunately, fond of. He meets his partner’s eyes and lets out a long-suffering sigh. Instead of turning toward the exit, he turns to pace the room.

“I know that you enjoy interfering with their work,” says Valerian, and Hemlock tries to find the unchanging cadence of his voice soothing, “but if you do, they will have confirmation that we are in this area. They will retreat for today, but later they will return to search it more thoroughly. They will find this base, and we will be forced to move once again.”

“And we just burned our last hideout,” Hemlock sighs, putting the pieces together. Valerian doesn’t need to say anything more; he knows when Hemlock is beaten, to Hemlock’s own annoyance. “It would be annoying to have to move again, wouldn’t it?”

“Asphodel did not appreciate the last time we left without informing him,” Valerian says, and Hemlock huffs out a laugh.

“No, he did not,” Hemlock says. “Honestly. For a Malice Ichor, he is a soft one. So attached to places and things. He was so upset that they broke the lamp.” He chuckles, and finds a spot on the floor, sprawling out rather than sitting in a normal, reasonable way. He’s bound to fidget; there is more room on the floor for frequent moving around.

“Put on the fire,” Valerian says, and Hemlock glances at the empty fireplace and realizes it’s a good idea. For nothing else to do, he does as he is told.

“Where is Asphodel, right now?” Hemlock asks, as he sets new firewood in the mouth of it. “Out tormenting the innocent? Making us proud? Having the fun you so cruelly refuse me, you brute?” He can’t help the smile curling up the corners of his mouth, but he isn’t facing Valerian, so he refuses to fight it back.

“Currently on his way back,” answers Valerian. “I sent him word that the patrols in the area were becoming more frequent, and requested that he investigate the movements of the Carnage-Ichor patrols in the area. He should return with news before very much longer.”

“That’s good,” Hemlock says, starting the fire with a practiced movement and watching the sparks take to tinder. “He’ll come back and say that it’s perfectly fine for me to go outside, actually, and then it will be two against one. You, my dear, will be outvoted.”

“You are so certain that he will side with you,” Valerian says. Hemlock can hear the smile in his voice. “You know as well as I that he prefers to keep the both of us safe.” A pause, and then: “Besides, everybody knows that I am the only voice of reason you deign to listen to.”

Hemlock snorts. He stretches out on the rug in front of the fire, letting the heat of it warm his fur. “Don’t think about it too hard,” he says, “you might hurt yourself.” A sense of relaxation falls over him; sometimes, he forgets his affinity to fire—he has lived in the Wastes for so long, he nearly forgot it. But it is soothing, calming; it is also comforting to know that, though Hemlock forgets it, Valerian remembers. Valerian thought of his comfort.

Valerian lets out a light laugh, and Hemlock smiles at the sound. Valerian does not often laugh—typically, when he is amused, it merely sneaks into his tone. He has an impeccable poker face and is remarkably hard to read, and Hemlock marvels, still, that of all dragons in the world to pull a laugh out of stoic and unemotional Valerian, it would be him.

Asphodel uses the word family when he thinks the two of them can’t hear. It had set Hemlock on edge, at first, the idea that he would be tied to anybody but himself, but he has warmed up to the idea over time. This does feel like a family, the longer he stays here: Valerian, familiar and solid; Asphodel, curious and warm. And Hemlock, who has never needed connection, never wanted it, but still found it, somewhere along the line.

“If someone told me I would end up here,” Hemlock muses, mostly to himself, but he says the words aloud that Valerian might listen to them. “I would have laughed in their face.”

“Here?” Valerian prompts. He knows Hemlock doesn’t mean this location; Hemlock knows he does.

“I’m a parent,” Hemlock laughs. It feels absurd on his tongue. “I have a son, who I’ve taught my magic to. Who has grown into a dragon I am proud to know. I have a home, with a fire to lie by, and it brings me comfort to be there. I have—” he halts himself, and looks up at Valerian. He is met with a gaze so soft, so tender, he almost loses his breath.

“You have?” Valerian prompts, a gentle smile on his face. He knows, Hemlock knows. That should make it easier to say it, but it doesn’t. Not at all.

He watches Valerian for a moment; Valerian watches him back. Valerian, who left the C-Is for him; who came seeking him out, who turned against his entire order for the sake of Hemlock. Valerian, who allowed Hemlock to teach him—who trusted Hemlock to protect him. Who still does.

This is something Hemlock has never had in his life. It’s something precious, and so fragile that putting it to words feels perilous. Not a day goes by that Hemlock doesn’t fear he’ll lose it. Valerian told him, once, that nobody in the C-Is would believe that the fearsome Hemlock could care, genuinely, for anybody but himself. Hemlock had thought that it was true, at one time. And at one time, it had changed.

“I have you,” Hemlock says, quiet. And then, because sometimes there is a seed of doubt in the back of his mind, and he wants to hear the answer: “don’t I?”

“Of course you do,” Valerian says, the care finally creeping into his voice. “As long as you want me.”

That is enough for Hemlock. He gives Valerian a smile, receives one in return, and then rests his head on his forelegs and lets himself drift off into a peaceful half-sleep.

66076658_350.png
[POV: Asphodel]

When Asphodel returns home, Valerian is at his desk and Hemlock is sprawled across the rug in front of the fireplace, basking in the warmth. The lights are dim—except for over Valerian’s desk—and the flickering of the fire is the only sound—except for the scratch of Valerian’s pen on paper. To Asphodel, it is picturesque, cozy. He enters the room and feels immediately at ease.

His father glances up at him from the desk, acknowledging him with a nod and a small smile. Hemlock opens a single eye, observes Asphodel a moment, and then closes it again. For a moment, Asphodel marvels that Valerian has found a way to get Hemlock to stay still for so long, with what is going on outside. Usually, Hemlock wouldn’t be able to resist the chance to mess with C-Is, no matter the circumstances.

It must show on his face, because Valerian speaks without being asked. “He has agreed to remain inside for the remainder of the day. We spoke about the danger.”

“We spoke, he says,” Hemlock mutters from the floor where he lies. “More like he told me, and wouldn’t accept any answer but the one he wanted to hear.”

What Asphodel hears is, we argued about it, but ultimately Hemlock listened to reason, and he suppresses a smile. He knows, from a life with these two, that Valerian is the only dragon who could convince Hemlock to choose the safer option. Hemlock is outwardly annoyed, but it is only proof of his bond with Valerian.

Asphodel enjoys seeing the dragons who raised him get along. He loves to see just how deeply they care about each other, though perhaps to an outside observer it wouldn’t be so obvious. He feels, to some extent and against his better judgement, like a part of a family. It’s nice, and he lets himself bask in it just a moment before he walks into the room and finds his favorite chair, by the bookshelves.

“Anything interesting out there?” Valerian asks, returning to his writing. Asphodel runs a claw over the spines of his books, picking one out at random.

“No,” he says. He sees Hemlock’s ears swivel toward him, the only sign that he is listening. “For now, the coast is clear. Seems the bulk of their search team will be reaching this area by nightfall, but I double checked the wards around the entrance and made sure the physical obstacles disguising the door were intact. I strongly doubt anyone will find us without first knowing where we are.”

Hemlock hums. Asphodel sees his tail twitch. “So we are stuck inside for another night.”

“There are worse places to be,” Valerian says, sounding faintly amused. “A Carnage-Ichor prison, for example, being tortured and eventually killed.”

“Don’t condescend to me,” Hemlock mutters, casting a look at Valerian. “I’ve been in and out of C-I prisons before, at the height of their security and with their best Tactician organizing the patrols. I know how this works.” Asphodel ****** his ears—their best Tactician can only be Valerian, because Hemlock would never compliment a C-I. But this is a story that Asphodel has never heard before, and he finds himself hungry for details.

“But you have never been locked inside a cell,” Valerian says, patient and matter-of-fact. He doesn’t even look up from his writing.

“Doesn’t matter if they lock me up or not,” Hemlock says. “I have illusions I’ve been wanting to try. You know I have. I would be out of there in minutes; they couldn’t hold me for a single solitary day.” His voice is somewhere between annoyed and boastful; Asphodel hides his smile in the book he opens to pretend to read.

“Once you are locked up, you would not be able to obtain a key,” Valerian says, straightforward and informational. “And you would not be able to pick the lock from the inside. Every dragon in possession of a key would be accompanied by at least two other guards, on the lookout for your illusions. I do not have to explain why this would be a problem for you.”

Hemlock huffs a short laugh. “Three guards, hm? I don’t suppose they are instructed not to deviate from their patrol route, under any circumstances?”

“They are.”

Asphodel looks up to see the two of them looking at each other—mischief in Hemlock’s eyes, amusement in Valerian’s, like they’re sharing a private joke. He feels a curl of warmth around his heart, like the fire in the fireplace: cozy and comfortable.

“Would they even still trust the instructions you left, in the event that I were to be captured?” Hemlock asks. “You turned. You are no longer their Tactician—you’re mine, now. They may have dismissed every word you said as malicious.”

“My strategies speak for themselves,” says Valerian, simply. He looks back down at his parchment, writing a few more words. Asphodel has always admired this about him, his stoic calm, his certainty. “Perhaps they have revised them, or changed them in case I were to reveal internal secrets. I would not blame them. But they are effective, simple, and smart, even to this day. Whether or not I am with the order, if they are smart, they will recognize that.”

Hemlock hums, and seems to accept that answer well enough. He lets his head fall again, resting it against his forelegs. His eyes fall shut, and Asphodel is left in the comfortable silence.

He finds himself curious, though. He always is. He asks: “What’s this about three guards?”

“Oh, it’s ancient history,” Hemlock says without opening his eyes, though a smile spreads across his face. “When your father was still with the Carnage-Ichor Order, I would sneak in to see him from time to time. He began trying to devise patrol routes which would keep me out, despite my illusions and the fact that I’m ten times as clever as any C-I.”

Valerian looks up at Asphodel. “He did not sneak in to see me,” he says. “He snuck in to destroy records and learn what information the order had on him.”

And to see you,” Hemlock adds. “A dragon can have multiple priorities, darling. Anyway, I found his attempts to keep me out amusing, and I began to give him advice.”

Valerian continues, picking up the story easily: “Taking into account the fact that his illusions can only impact one dragon at a time, I organized the patrol routes so that there would be two dragons at each of several points that I suspected Hemlock could infiltrate through. The thought was that, if he misled one dragon, there would still be one left to spot him skulking around.”

Hemlock sounds delighted. “What he didn’t realize,” he says, “is that I could simply lead one dragon around a corner, and once they were out of eyeshot I would make myself invisible to the remaining guard.” He chuckles. “It was a clever idea to begin with, and he certainly discovered the route I was sneaking in through. It just wasn’t quite enough, so I gave him some pointers.”

“Three guards,” Valerian says. “One to investigate strange occurrences, and two left to keep an eye out while they were gone. If the first was out of sight too long, the other two would go on high alert until their compatriot returned. They were under very strict orders to never leave their post.”

“Would’ve worked, too,” Hemlock says, smiling to himself and closing his eyes again. “If your father hadn’t defected and searched me out before the next time I came to see him, I would have run into some serious trouble, I suspect.” His voice goes gently mocking. “Just a bit more patience and you would have had me locked up, darling. How does that make you feel?”

“Satisfied,” Valerian says. “My goal was to keep you out. I succeeded. My other failures are of little consequence, and now instead of attempting to trap you, I seek to keep you safe.” He pauses, puts his pen down. Hemlock’s eyes blink open once again, and the two of them watch each other for a while. “It would be easier,” Valerian says, softly, “if you would let me.”

Something passes between them in an instant, and then Hemlock shrugs and sighs, rolling over. “My job has never been to make your life easier, love,” he says, apparently dismissive, but Asphodel can hear the fondness in his voice when he looks for it. He smiles to himself, flipping a few pages in his book.

“I know,” Valerian replies, equally as fond, and they lapse once again into silence.
aspshQy.png
This was very sweet to read.
This was very sweet to read.
RXD8sr3.gif
@ClaireDaMercy, @Snorkel, @WHDE, @Delotha, @kimnoodles

The prompt has been updated. Again if you do not want to be pinged for prompt updates don't hesitate to let me know!
@ClaireDaMercy, @Snorkel, @WHDE, @Delotha, @kimnoodles

The prompt has been updated. Again if you do not want to be pinged for prompt updates don't hesitate to let me know!
RXD8sr3.gif
Ichor Size Spreadsheet update 2!

First off, it seems Carnage has edged out Malice for most populous variant by four! (74 to 78)

Standard Ichors are the smallest population at 33 and Staineds not far ahead at 45.

At this point in time, If you added the Staineds and Standard Ichor populations together you'd get the same amount as the current Carnage population. A rather amusing coincidence!

Males seem to be the most common of the genders, as 123 ichors are male and 106 are female. There is only one non-binary gendered Ichor, that being Hemlock. So congratulations to Hemlock for being unique.

Our top five now welcomes Cerise to second place, and Caern to fifth place, taking Ira's spot.

This leaves our top 5 as two Carnages, two Malice and one standard Ichor!

Our top 10 is mostly composed of Malice and Carnage Ichors, with rep for the other two variants in Harlie, Caern and Iva.

There are still no male Ichors of any variant within the top ten, meaning this is still a subspecies of Amazonian dragonesses.

We also have a new smallest Warden! That being out first female warden, Riika! Small and feral it seems.

Speaking of female Wardens, we welcome Riika and Bloodstone as our first female Wardens, and Lutulentus as our first warden turned Malice. Lutulentus is also the third Malice with glowing eyes!
I hope these statistics are useful for the purposes of your lore! Happy writing!

~Clair, keeper of the Spreadsheet
Ichor Size Spreadsheet update 2!

First off, it seems Carnage has edged out Malice for most populous variant by four! (74 to 78)

Standard Ichors are the smallest population at 33 and Staineds not far ahead at 45.

At this point in time, If you added the Staineds and Standard Ichor populations together you'd get the same amount as the current Carnage population. A rather amusing coincidence!

Males seem to be the most common of the genders, as 123 ichors are male and 106 are female. There is only one non-binary gendered Ichor, that being Hemlock. So congratulations to Hemlock for being unique.

Our top five now welcomes Cerise to second place, and Caern to fifth place, taking Ira's spot.

This leaves our top 5 as two Carnages, two Malice and one standard Ichor!

Our top 10 is mostly composed of Malice and Carnage Ichors, with rep for the other two variants in Harlie, Caern and Iva.

There are still no male Ichors of any variant within the top ten, meaning this is still a subspecies of Amazonian dragonesses.

We also have a new smallest Warden! That being out first female warden, Riika! Small and feral it seems.

Speaking of female Wardens, we welcome Riika and Bloodstone as our first female Wardens, and Lutulentus as our first warden turned Malice. Lutulentus is also the third Malice with glowing eyes!
I hope these statistics are useful for the purposes of your lore! Happy writing!

~Clair, keeper of the Spreadsheet
493-FBA33-D94-C-44-CD-ACEC-D8-ADC3-F28147.jpg
Noice!
Noice!
RXD8sr3.gif
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22