Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [lore] Lost and Found
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
Things are certainly heating up!!!
Things are certainly heating up!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Indeed! (literally forgot what was in those two chapters and had to go check. Wow me.)
@Petall

Indeed! (literally forgot what was in those two chapters and had to go check. Wow me.)
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

I seriously need to be online more. It's not fair how Tirtouga's always replying you and not me HAHAHA >:( @Petall
I seriously need to be online more. It's not fair how Tirtouga's always replying you and not me HAHAHA >:( @Petall
4tjEMFS.gif

tori • she/her • fr +16
poetry & lore | chibis
[center][font=Lora][size=6]Chapter Twenty Seven[/size] [size=5]Silver[/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hzvonpzcngbad5x/shadowtop2.png[/center][/img] [font=lora][size=4]Upon hearing Raven’s yelp, Silver curled into her wings, feeling a pang of embarrassment and shame. Her friends dimmed into complete silence. Even though Silver’s head was tucked into her iridescent wings glowing in the moonlight, she knew they were staring at her. She didn’t mean to hurt him. She had just electrocuted Raven with her outburst of purple electricity. Silver saw a faint glow of Raven’s white coloured healing powers as he healed himself from her shocking touch. After the glow faded, she peered out from her wings, enduring the stares from her clanmates. “I...I’m so sorry,” Silver muttered to Raven. Despite the pain, Raven smiled at her, understanding. “I’m okay, everyone,” he said, nodding at them. Silver regained her courage to speak up moments later, suggesting to the rest of the clan to head to bed. She wanted no more unwanted attention, especially after her outburst of electricity. She knew she was overreacting and overthinking, but she just couldn’t seem to help it; it was her to be so insecure. After all the dragons said goodnight and settled into their new homes and beddings made of plush leaves, Silver trotted up to a big tree situated very near their pink cave. In the moonlight, the cave seemed to blush faintly, illuminating Silver with its odd pinkish glow. She sat down, heaving a great sigh, trying to push away the events that had happened that day. The glowing flowers and leaves swayed in the gentle breeze, the same one that caressed Silver as she plopped herself down onto the fluffy grass. A throbbing headache seemed to slip its way into Silver’s head. She was unsure if it was because she was so flustered from hurting her closest dragon friend in front of everybody, or because she was overthinking, or because of the potent magical energy circulating around the Starfall Isles. Silver recalled Crystal mentioning something about the magical energy affecting newcomers. She really didn’t know the cause of her headache. She started wondering when she’d meet her and her strange clan again, after all, Crystal could make a great ally. Silver heaved another sigh, before leaning back onto the tree trunk, tucking herself into her cold wings. The blades were always so cold. Suddenly, she heard some dragon approach her from behind. Silver whirled around, only to see a sleepy Raven ambling his way to her. “Hi,” she said dumbly, unsure if he was upset that she almost fried him. “Can’t sleep?” she asked, trying to steer him away from talking about her new ability. Silver wasn’t really into talking about it now. Raven simply shrugged in reply before planting himself next to her, his glossy and furry wings gently brushing her cold, smooth ones. “You should get some rest. You’ve been through a lot today,” he insisted, starting to play with the soft green grass beneath his paws. Silver scrunched her face, admitting that she did want to sleep. But her thoughts were bothering her. “I have a headache,” she complained, instead of agreeing. She wanted to just stay under the giant tree and sleep under the lull of the gentle breeze, which was now ruffling Raven’s fluffy mane. She wanted to stay here with Raven for a while. [i]Quiet time.[/i] Immediately after the words left her mouth, the fluffy Tundra leapt out of his seat on the grass, placing his paws on Silver’s head. She felt the touch of his healing powers seeping into her head, easing away the headache. Within seconds, her headache disappeared, as did Raven’s healing white glow from his paws. Silver said in surprise, “Thank you,” while Raven just smiled gently. Silver tried to look into his eyes, but each time she tried, her eyes just seemed to pull itself away from them. She resorted to looking at his fuzzy mane instead, which was pitch black in the darkness of the night, the moonlight suddenly insufficient. “Please don’t worry so much,” Raven looked like he was about to burst. Silver snapped her eyes into his gaze as if his statement was like an invisible string pulling her eyes up to his. “I get upset when you’re sad,” he gazed back at her, genuine concern for Silver shining in his deep purple eyes. Silver felt frozen; she didn’t know what to say or do. “Your eyes are nice.” he spoke again, causing Silver to break their eye contact, looking down shyly. Shrugging, Silver replied, “Thanks, I guess,” Raven’s eyes closed, a hint of a smile on his mouth. She tilted her head in puzzlement, unsure of where the conversation was going. “And it’s nice out here with you,” Silver continued, causing Raven’s small smile to bloom. Well, she genuinely enjoyed his company; he was always there for her, always loving, always caring. [i]Where would I be if I didn’t meet this fluff ball of a dragon?[/i] she wondered, suddenly snorting at the thought and scaring Raven’s stillness. [i]Fluff ball of a dragon.[/i] “What?” Raven asked, his smile still there. “Nothing,” she said between giggles. “You’re [i]my[/i] version of a fluff ball,” Raven just stared at her in bewilderment, not understanding what was so funny. But then his grin faded into a thin line. Silver paused mid-laugh, matching his expression, looking him right in his eyes. His gaze was soft, but his eyes seemed very focussed at her. “You’re [i]mine[/i],” he whispered, never breaking his gaze. “What?” “I said you’re mine. I...I don’t know if you see me like how I see you, but I really think we’re meant for each other,” Silver’s jaw dropped, staring at Raven with wide eyes. “I mean, if you don’t see me like how I see you...it’s okay I guess,” he suddenly corrected, noticing Silver shifting under her four grey paws. “No, no, Raven. I think we’re meant for each other too.” [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ven9gmk4qi14dr5/shadowbottom2.png[/center][/img]

Chapter Twenty Seven
Silver
shadowtop2.png

Upon hearing Raven’s yelp, Silver curled into her wings, feeling a pang of embarrassment and shame. Her friends dimmed into complete silence. Even though Silver’s head was tucked into her iridescent wings glowing in the moonlight, she knew they were staring at her. She didn’t mean to hurt him.

She had just electrocuted Raven with her outburst of purple electricity.

Silver saw a faint glow of Raven’s white coloured healing powers as he healed himself from her shocking touch. After the glow faded, she peered out from her wings, enduring the stares from her clanmates. “I...I’m so sorry,” Silver muttered to Raven. Despite the pain, Raven smiled at her, understanding. “I’m okay, everyone,” he said, nodding at them.

Silver regained her courage to speak up moments later, suggesting to the rest of the clan to head to bed. She wanted no more unwanted attention, especially after her outburst of electricity. She knew she was overreacting and overthinking, but she just couldn’t seem to help it; it was her to be so insecure. After all the dragons said goodnight and settled into their new homes and beddings made of plush leaves, Silver trotted up to a big tree situated very near their pink cave. In the moonlight, the cave seemed to blush faintly, illuminating Silver with its odd pinkish glow. She sat down, heaving a great sigh, trying to push away the events that had happened that day. The glowing flowers and leaves swayed in the gentle breeze, the same one that caressed Silver as she plopped herself down onto the fluffy grass.

A throbbing headache seemed to slip its way into Silver’s head. She was unsure if it was because she was so flustered from hurting her closest dragon friend in front of everybody, or because she was overthinking, or because of the potent magical energy circulating around the Starfall Isles. Silver recalled Crystal mentioning something about the magical energy affecting newcomers. She really didn’t know the cause of her headache. She started wondering when she’d meet her and her strange clan again, after all, Crystal could make a great ally. Silver heaved another sigh, before leaning back onto the tree trunk, tucking herself into her cold wings. The blades were always so cold.

Suddenly, she heard some dragon approach her from behind. Silver whirled around, only to see a sleepy Raven ambling his way to her. “Hi,” she said dumbly, unsure if he was upset that she almost fried him. “Can’t sleep?” she asked, trying to steer him away from talking about her new ability. Silver wasn’t really into talking about it now.

Raven simply shrugged in reply before planting himself next to her, his glossy and furry wings gently brushing her cold, smooth ones. “You should get some rest. You’ve been through a lot today,” he insisted, starting to play with the soft green grass beneath his paws. Silver scrunched her face, admitting that she did want to sleep. But her thoughts were bothering her. “I have a headache,” she complained, instead of agreeing. She wanted to just stay under the giant tree and sleep under the lull of the gentle breeze, which was now ruffling Raven’s fluffy mane. She wanted to stay here with Raven for a while. Quiet time.

Immediately after the words left her mouth, the fluffy Tundra leapt out of his seat on the grass, placing his paws on Silver’s head. She felt the touch of his healing powers seeping into her head, easing away the headache. Within seconds, her headache disappeared, as did Raven’s healing white glow from his paws. Silver said in surprise, “Thank you,” while Raven just smiled gently. Silver tried to look into his eyes, but each time she tried, her eyes just seemed to pull itself away from them. She resorted to looking at his fuzzy mane instead, which was pitch black in the darkness of the night, the moonlight suddenly insufficient.

“Please don’t worry so much,” Raven looked like he was about to burst. Silver snapped her eyes into his gaze as if his statement was like an invisible string pulling her eyes up to his. “I get upset when you’re sad,” he gazed back at her, genuine concern for Silver shining in his deep purple eyes. Silver felt frozen; she didn’t know what to say or do. “Your eyes are nice.” he spoke again, causing Silver to break their eye contact, looking down shyly.

Shrugging, Silver replied, “Thanks, I guess,” Raven’s eyes closed, a hint of a smile on his mouth. She tilted her head in puzzlement, unsure of where the conversation was going.

“And it’s nice out here with you,” Silver continued, causing Raven’s small smile to bloom. Well, she genuinely enjoyed his company; he was always there for her, always loving, always caring. Where would I be if I didn’t meet this fluff ball of a dragon? she wondered, suddenly snorting at the thought and scaring Raven’s stillness. Fluff ball of a dragon.

“What?” Raven asked, his smile still there.

“Nothing,” she said between giggles. “You’re my version of a fluff ball,”

Raven just stared at her in bewilderment, not understanding what was so funny. But then his grin faded into a thin line. Silver paused mid-laugh, matching his expression, looking him right in his eyes. His gaze was soft, but his eyes seemed very focussed at her.

“You’re mine,” he whispered, never breaking his gaze.

“What?”

“I said you’re mine. I...I don’t know if you see me like how I see you, but I really think we’re meant for each other,” Silver’s jaw dropped, staring at Raven with wide eyes. “I mean, if you don’t see me like how I see you...it’s okay I guess,” he suddenly corrected, noticing Silver shifting under her four grey paws.

“No, no, Raven. I think we’re meant for each other too.”

shadowbottom2.png

4tjEMFS.gif

tori • she/her • fr +16
poetry & lore | chibis
[center][font=garamond][b][size=6]Chapter Twenty Eight[/size][/b] [size=5]Crystal[/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qnsvl4q1hbyggi5/arcanetop.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]“I concede my challenge.” That was certainly not what Crystal had expected Bridget to say, and her mind raced to find something to say. “I… okay…?” [i]WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SHORT-CIRCUITED BRAIN?![/i] “I mean! Um. Well, I guess everyone makes mistakes. I can’t deny that your words held truth in them, as loathe as I am to admit it, so… uh… yeah.” She shuffled awkwardly, shooting a sheepish grin at the Banescale who had started to crack a smile. It was at that precise moment when a cacophony of sound and colour came bursting in. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60743202][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/607433/60743202_350.png[/img][/url][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=16&winggene=19&wings=148&auth=2f9036ff34b1436102b0d0b96e6ec707a6e6a493&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]They skidded to a halt when they noticed the clan staring at them. The Nocturne hissed something in the Coatl’s ear, but she snorted and shook her head, not caring that the whole clan was witnessing their exchange. Something about her made Crystal uncomfortable. Her colours were so bright, so vibrant, and Crystal couldn’t help but look at her own scales and remember her time in the Coatl clan. It was as if Cameron could read her mind, as he made his way over to her, a comforting presence. She went up to greet the newcomers. But before she could say a word, the Coatl spoke. “Heya, I’m Scarlett. Nice to meet you.” Crystal was very, very surprised. Weren’t bright Coatls supposed to be disgusted by her dull colouring? The Nocturne seemed to notice her unease, and whispered something to his friend. Crystal was close enough to hear his words. “Are you sure we’re safe here?” Scarlett rolled her eyes, flicking him with her tail. “Oh, [i]please[/i]. Do they [i]look[/i] like they’re going to kill us? Stop worrying so much, you birdbrained popsicle.” She glanced back at Crystal, before adding, “This is West. He worries too much.” The Nocturne gave a slight wave, still looking rather wary. “Are you… not affected by my colours?” Crystal asked quietly. Scarlett gawked at her, blue eyes full of disbelief. “Why would I be?” “But… I’m…” Scarlett looked her right in the eye. “Look, I don’t [i]care[/i] what your colours are. You could be transparent for all I care and I wouldn’t mind. The Coatl superstition is old, discriminatory, and most of all, it’s not true. So you can rest easy.” Crystal blinked in shock. [i]Wow. Okay.[/i] “Y’know, I’d expect a clan leader to be more sure of herself,” Scarlett casually pointed out and Crystal did yet another double take. [i]How did she know?[/i] “I notice a lot of things. When we barged in, the clan automatically looked to you for directions. And your discomfort when you saw me was way too obvious. You really need some acting lessons,” the red Coatl matter-of-factly stated. It seemed like second nature to her, to bluntly talk about her observations. “Sorry. She’s a little rough around the edges. As she said, I’m West. Nice to meet you.” The Nocturne cut in to break the awkwardness. Crystal smiled back at him. “It’s no problem. What brings you two here?” At this, West grimaced, casting a sideways glare at Scarlett, who pretended to not notice. “This spoilt princess decided to run away from her clan. No, literally. Her parents are king and queen of a ridiculously large kingdom.” By now, most of the clan was openly gaping at the two newcomers. [i]Princess…?[/i] “Then you must be her knight,” Sagar observed, while Callan’s eyes lit up. “A knight? An [i]actual knight[/i]? That’s so cool!” he exclaimed with a slightly silly smile, bouncing on the spot. West seemed like he didn’t know how to reply, and the strange expression on his face, slightly conflicted but yet a little embarrassed, made the clan crack up in laughter. That day, two new members joined the clan.[/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nm0z9g1pkrloiln/arcanebottom.png[/img] [size=2]@Petall[/center]
Chapter Twenty Eight
Crystal
arcanetop.png

“I concede my challenge.”

That was certainly not what Crystal had expected Bridget to say, and her mind raced to find something to say. “I… okay…?” WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SHORT-CIRCUITED BRAIN?! “I mean! Um. Well, I guess everyone makes mistakes. I can’t deny that your words held truth in them, as loathe as I am to admit it, so… uh… yeah.” She shuffled awkwardly, shooting a sheepish grin at the Banescale who had started to crack a smile.

It was at that precise moment when a cacophony of sound and colour came bursting in.

60743202_350.pngdragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=16&winggene=19&wings=148&auth=2f9036ff34b1436102b0d0b96e6ec707a6e6a493&dummyext=prev.png

They skidded to a halt when they noticed the clan staring at them. The Nocturne hissed something in the Coatl’s ear, but she snorted and shook her head, not caring that the whole clan was witnessing their exchange. Something about her made Crystal uncomfortable. Her colours were so bright, so vibrant, and Crystal couldn’t help but look at her own scales and remember her time in the Coatl clan. It was as if Cameron could read her mind, as he made his way over to her, a comforting presence.

She went up to greet the newcomers. But before she could say a word, the Coatl spoke. “Heya, I’m Scarlett. Nice to meet you.” Crystal was very, very surprised. Weren’t bright Coatls supposed to be disgusted by her dull colouring? The Nocturne seemed to notice her unease, and whispered something to his friend. Crystal was close enough to hear his words.

“Are you sure we’re safe here?” Scarlett rolled her eyes, flicking him with her tail.

“Oh, please. Do they look like they’re going to kill us? Stop worrying so much, you birdbrained popsicle.” She glanced back at Crystal, before adding, “This is West. He worries too much.” The Nocturne gave a slight wave, still looking rather wary.

“Are you… not affected by my colours?” Crystal asked quietly. Scarlett gawked at her, blue eyes full of disbelief.

“Why would I be?”

“But… I’m…” Scarlett looked her right in the eye.

“Look, I don’t care what your colours are. You could be transparent for all I care and I wouldn’t mind. The Coatl superstition is old, discriminatory, and most of all, it’s not true. So you can rest easy.” Crystal blinked in shock. Wow. Okay. “Y’know, I’d expect a clan leader to be more sure of herself,” Scarlett casually pointed out and Crystal did yet another double take. How did she know? “I notice a lot of things. When we barged in, the clan automatically looked to you for directions. And your discomfort when you saw me was way too obvious. You really need some acting lessons,” the red Coatl matter-of-factly stated. It seemed like second nature to her, to bluntly talk about her observations.

“Sorry. She’s a little rough around the edges. As she said, I’m West. Nice to meet you.” The Nocturne cut in to break the awkwardness. Crystal smiled back at him.

“It’s no problem. What brings you two here?” At this, West grimaced, casting a sideways glare at Scarlett, who pretended to not notice.

“This spoilt princess decided to run away from her clan. No, literally. Her parents are king and queen of a ridiculously large kingdom.” By now, most of the clan was openly gaping at the two newcomers. Princess…?

“Then you must be her knight,” Sagar observed, while Callan’s eyes lit up.

“A knight? An actual knight? That’s so cool!” he exclaimed with a slightly silly smile, bouncing on the spot. West seemed like he didn’t know how to reply, and the strange expression on his face, slightly conflicted but yet a little embarrassed, made the clan crack up in laughter. That day, two new members joined the clan.

OOOO, the start of a love story, and the arrival of a princess! I like where these stories are going!
OOOO, the start of a love story, and the arrival of a princess! I like where these stories are going!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

oooOOOO yes exciting :DDD
@Petall

oooOOOO yes exciting :DDD

[center][font=Lora][size=6]Chapter Twenty Nine[/size] [size=5]Silver[/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hzvonpzcngbad5x/shadowtop2.png[/center][/img] [font=lora][size=4]When Silver opened her eyes the next day, she was met by a pair of fiery orange eyes staring down at her. She shrieked in shock, causing the pair of eyes to scrunch up and laugh. “Corey!” she exclaimed, sitting up to see her Manticore Screamer laugh at her reaction. “Don’t scare me like that,” she giggled as Corey began to saunter away to the exit of their shiny, pink cave as if nothing happened, leaving her alone. The inside of the cave was even more beautiful than its exterior. There were shards of transparent pink crystals hanging down from the ceiling of the gave, reflecting Silver’s eyes full of awe. She stared at them, wondering how the pink spires were formed Then suddenly, it was no longer just her violet eyes that were reflected in the glassy crystals. Another pair of eyes, turquoise and golden, blinked back at her. Silver turned around to see Hephestia looking at the shards. Hephestia displayed no sign of emotion in her face, making Silver feel nervous. “I’ve come to apologize,” Hephestia suddenly looked down from the splinters of pink crystal, looking at Silver. “For being so… aggressive yesterday,” she continued, her face now betraying a small smile. “You’re our leader, you have every right to make decisions, Silver. I think you’ll make a good one, a powerful one,” Silver cringed at the phrase “powerful one”, memories of electrocuting Raven flooding back to her. “So,” Hephestia went on, “If I ever try to cross you again, you can banish me or… I don’t know. But do as you wish. I’m just a clan mate.” Silver frowned, unable to accept the thought of banishing a clan mate. “Why would I ever banish you?” she began to chuckle at the extremity of the suggestion, before saying, “You meant well, but maybe you went a little bit too overboard. However… without you, I’d never be able to control lightning,” Hephestia’s eyes grew wide in realization. “So… apology accepted,” Silver declared, earning a relieved smile and sigh from Hephestia. The Spiral and Coatl traded pawshakes, leaving the cave together. The gentle morning breeze caressed Silver, wrapping around her like how she would wrap her wings around herself. As usual, the common “clink” of her wings chimed as they walked out on the never-ending soft grass. The sun was just rising, painting the sky ahead of them lovely shades pink and purple. “I’m going with Starfire to hunt for food. Do you want to follow?” Hephestia suddenly announced, breaking the tranquility of the morning. Silver’s eyes widened at the sound of “hunt”. The last time she tried her hands at catching food seemed so long ago. Clams especially. She was so caught up with the wonders of the Starfall Isles and her new ability that she forgot about the cravings she had for clams. “Are there clams here?” Silver asked dumbly, getting a look of puzzlement from the blue and golden Spiral. “I think so,” Hephestia answered. Silver’s violet eyes lit up in excitement. “Then I’m so going with you.” [center]~~~[/center] [font=lora][size=4]The three dragons plodded through the lush green grass. Whenever a branch seemed to obstruct them, Starfire would whisk it away with her Nature ability, creating a pathway for them. Tailing behind them was Corey, who insisted on following so that he could make sure Silver hunted [i]properly[/i]. “As I was probably the one who taught you how to catch fish, it has to be me that ensures you remember it,” Corey droned on very seriously, but to his dismay only receiving hearty laughs from the three dragons. “Oh Corey,” Silver sighed, smiling. The group managed to locate the river that Starlight had given directions to. Unlike the river in the Tangled Wood, the waters here were even more crystal clear, glittering under the gentle morning sun. The sun’s golden beams reflected off the water’s surface, casting wavering light streaks on the group as they stood by the river. Silver could see the fish swimming under the water’s surface clearly, some darting about, some lazily dragging themselves across the river floor. This made it even easier for them to fish, since it was relatively easy to see where their breakfast was swimming. Hephestia and Corey busied themselves by catching bugs and flies, while Silver and Starfire, being Coatls, went to fish. [i]Dip, feel, look, grab.[/i] Corey would turn to her at times to check if Silver knew what she was doing. But Corey had already repeated how to fish so many times that before Corey could say anything, Silver could predict. “Yes Corey, look before I grab,” Silver said, a smile forming on her lips. “That’s good,” he would reply, before returning to his insects. Starfire laughed along, attempting to follow Corey’s tips. Hephestia turned to chasing after animals, since Corey was fine by himself at catching insects already. Not long later, the group of them had finished gathering breakfast for the whole clan. They piled food up into stacks, then carried them back. Silver was overjoyed with her collection of clams, stuffing some into her mouth before they headed back. Starfire had taught Silver how to make use of her prehensile tail, teaching her how to grasp food with it and carry it back. Silver trotted back happily, enjoying the time she had spent with her friends. Like just now, Starfire cleared their path as they walked back with the clan’s breakfast, all of them admiring the beautiful pink crystal spires and caves they saw along the way. But that was when a pair of dragons poked their heads out from a cave ahead of them. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57813499][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/578135/57813499_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61934246][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619343/61934246_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=lora][size=4]Silver jumped back in surprise, reaching for her blades and lightning in her mind simultaneously should they be needed. She felt the rest of her hunting group tense up as well, frozen on the spot. She eyed the pair of dragons, one a Wildclaw and the other a Skydancer. They stared back at her uneasily, before the Wildclaw uttered, “I’ve seen you somewhere. Your colours...in my dreams,” he blinked at her, as if trying to read her. Silver kept her expression blank, not wanting them to notice her confusion. [i]I can’t let them see my uncertainty.[/i] “Do you need help?” Silver answered, tilting her head, ignoring the fact that someone had dreamt about her. The Skydancer slid her paws over one another nervously, before saying, “We’re in need of some refuge, actually,” Silver’s eyes widened. She glanced around her group - they were as clueless as her. “Could you...could you help us, please?” The Wildclaw muttered. His eyes dimmed, looking down at the velvety grass. [i]They want me to take them in?[/i] He was begging her. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ven9gmk4qi14dr5/shadowbottom2.png[/center][/img]
Chapter Twenty Nine
Silver
shadowtop2.png

When Silver opened her eyes the next day, she was met by a pair of fiery orange eyes staring down at her. She shrieked in shock, causing the pair of eyes to scrunch up and laugh. “Corey!” she exclaimed, sitting up to see her Manticore Screamer laugh at her reaction. “Don’t scare me like that,” she giggled as Corey began to saunter away to the exit of their shiny, pink cave as if nothing happened, leaving her alone.

The inside of the cave was even more beautiful than its exterior. There were shards of transparent pink crystals hanging down from the ceiling of the gave, reflecting Silver’s eyes full of awe. She stared at them, wondering how the pink spires were formed Then suddenly, it was no longer just her violet eyes that were reflected in the glassy crystals. Another pair of eyes, turquoise and golden, blinked back at her. Silver turned around to see Hephestia looking at the shards. Hephestia displayed no sign of emotion in her face, making Silver feel nervous. “I’ve come to apologize,” Hephestia suddenly looked down from the splinters of pink crystal, looking at Silver. “For being so… aggressive yesterday,” she continued, her face now betraying a small smile. “You’re our leader, you have every right to make decisions, Silver. I think you’ll make a good one, a powerful one,” Silver cringed at the phrase “powerful one”, memories of electrocuting Raven flooding back to her. “So,” Hephestia went on, “If I ever try to cross you again, you can banish me or… I don’t know. But do as you wish. I’m just a clan mate.”

Silver frowned, unable to accept the thought of banishing a clan mate. “Why would I ever banish you?” she began to chuckle at the extremity of the suggestion, before saying, “You meant well, but maybe you went a little bit too overboard. However… without you, I’d never be able to control lightning,” Hephestia’s eyes grew wide in realization. “So… apology accepted,” Silver declared, earning a relieved smile and sigh from Hephestia. The Spiral and Coatl traded pawshakes, leaving the cave together.

The gentle morning breeze caressed Silver, wrapping around her like how she would wrap her wings around herself. As usual, the common “clink” of her wings chimed as they walked out on the never-ending soft grass. The sun was just rising, painting the sky ahead of them lovely shades pink and purple. “I’m going with Starfire to hunt for food. Do you want to follow?” Hephestia suddenly announced, breaking the tranquility of the morning. Silver’s eyes widened at the sound of “hunt”. The last time she tried her hands at catching food seemed so long ago. Clams especially. She was so caught up with the wonders of the Starfall Isles and her new ability that she forgot about the cravings she had for clams. “Are there clams here?” Silver asked dumbly, getting a look of puzzlement from the blue and golden Spiral. “I think so,” Hephestia answered. Silver’s violet eyes lit up in excitement. “Then I’m so going with you.”

~~~

The three dragons plodded through the lush green grass. Whenever a branch seemed to obstruct them, Starfire would whisk it away with her Nature ability, creating a pathway for them. Tailing behind them was Corey, who insisted on following so that he could make sure Silver hunted properly. “As I was probably the one who taught you how to catch fish, it has to be me that ensures you remember it,” Corey droned on very seriously, but to his dismay only receiving hearty laughs from the three dragons. “Oh Corey,” Silver sighed, smiling.

The group managed to locate the river that Starlight had given directions to. Unlike the river in the Tangled Wood, the waters here were even more crystal clear, glittering under the gentle morning sun. The sun’s golden beams reflected off the water’s surface, casting wavering light streaks on the group as they stood by the river. Silver could see the fish swimming under the water’s surface clearly, some darting about, some lazily dragging themselves across the river floor. This made it even easier for them to fish, since it was relatively easy to see where their breakfast was swimming. Hephestia and Corey busied themselves by catching bugs and flies, while Silver and Starfire, being Coatls, went to fish.

Dip, feel, look, grab. Corey would turn to her at times to check if Silver knew what she was doing. But Corey had already repeated how to fish so many times that before Corey could say anything, Silver could predict. “Yes Corey, look before I grab,” Silver said, a smile forming on her lips. “That’s good,” he would reply, before returning to his insects. Starfire laughed along, attempting to follow Corey’s tips. Hephestia turned to chasing after animals, since Corey was fine by himself at catching insects already.

Not long later, the group of them had finished gathering breakfast for the whole clan. They piled food up into stacks, then carried them back. Silver was overjoyed with her collection of clams, stuffing some into her mouth before they headed back. Starfire had taught Silver how to make use of her prehensile tail, teaching her how to grasp food with it and carry it back. Silver trotted back happily, enjoying the time she had spent with her friends. Like just now, Starfire cleared their path as they walked back with the clan’s breakfast, all of them admiring the beautiful pink crystal spires and caves they saw along the way.

But that was when a pair of dragons poked their heads out from a cave ahead of them.

57813499_350.png

61934246_350.png

Silver jumped back in surprise, reaching for her blades and lightning in her mind simultaneously should they be needed. She felt the rest of her hunting group tense up as well, frozen on the spot. She eyed the pair of dragons, one a Wildclaw and the other a Skydancer. They stared back at her uneasily, before the Wildclaw uttered, “I’ve seen you somewhere. Your colours...in my dreams,” he blinked at her, as if trying to read her. Silver kept her expression blank, not wanting them to notice her confusion. I can’t let them see my uncertainty.

“Do you need help?” Silver answered, tilting her head, ignoring the fact that someone had dreamt about her.

The Skydancer slid her paws over one another nervously, before saying, “We’re in need of some refuge, actually,” Silver’s eyes widened. She glanced around her group - they were as clueless as her. “Could you...could you help us, please?” The Wildclaw muttered. His eyes dimmed, looking down at the velvety grass. They want me to take them in? He was begging her.

shadowbottom2.png

[center][font=garamond][b][size=6]Chapter Thirty[/size][/b] [size=5]Crystal[/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qnsvl4q1hbyggi5/arcanetop.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]The sky was a brilliant azure, there were no clouds in sight, and the clan was loath to do anything except laze in the sun. Crystal was starting to get a little bored. It was then that Scarlett gave a last stretch and leaped to her feet. “Anyone up for a game?” she called. Mirage perked up. “Count me in,” he smiled, dark eyes gleaming with excitement. Crystal shrugged and padded over. [i]Better than doing nothing in the sun, anyway.[/i] Where Crystal went, Cameron followed, white plumed tail swishing behind him as he ambled over to the gradually growing congregation in the middle of the clearing. Callan crashed right into them, as usual, Sagar pulling him back telekinetically with an apologetic look on his muzzle. Callan didn’t seem to mind, however, and flashed his usual naive smile at them. “What game are we playing?” Crystal couldn’t resist the chuckle of mirth that bubbled out of her throat. It was nice to have such an innocent sibling, even if he wasn’t actually blood-related. “What about Truth or Dare?” Fracture poked his nose into the crowd. Callan yelped in fright and Crystal was very sure he flew at least three feet into the air. Fracture did not look amused. “You existed?!?” the Mirror screeched, and Sagar facepalmed. Faceclawed? Snoutpalmed? Whatever. At least Fracture was calm enough to not do anything extreme, although he did swat at the smaller dragon with an expression of mock anger. The gathering dissolved into laughter. “[i]Anyway,[/i]” Fracture sighed, rolling his eyes, “everyone up for it?” He was met by excited nods. “Alright. Callan, truth or dare?” Callan blinked a few times, thinking. His eyes darted everywhere, as if weighing the dangers of either option. “Dare.” he finally decided. “Alright. I dare you to sing the highest-pitched song you know one octave higher.” Sagar groaned and flattened his fins to his head. “Guys, get ready to have your eardrums blasted into oblivion by my brother who somehow manages to make a love song sound like a battle cry-” His warning came too late. Callan’s voice roared over the open plains and Crystal felt her bones rattle with the volume and insane pitch of his singing. [i]How.[/i] The younger Mirror finished with a proud smile, basking in the shocked expressions of his clanmates. “HOW are you able to belt that high?” Fracture finally forced out, jaws still wide open in shock. “And you sound like you can go even higher… what in the world? There are so many things wrong with this-” Crystal was still stunned. She was sure Callan would be able to belt out the soprano part of a song with no problem. Still grinning from ear to ear, Callan pointed at Karina. “Truth or dare?” The Wildclaw smirked. “Dare.” “I dare you to dance to ‘Glitch Queen’ for one minute. I even have music!” Karina paled. As sympathetic as she was, Crystal couldn’t help the way her lips curled up. Callan poked his brother who sighed in annoyance. “Sagar, the music!” “Yes, yes, okay. Calm down, you impatient loaf of bread.” For the second time, Crystal wished she had eyebrows because the method of which Sagar got the music was just [i]way[/i] too suspicious. A portal opened and out came a speaker. Without warning, music started to blare from the tiny thing, and thirteen, wait no- [i]fifteen[/i] pairs of eyes swivelled to look at the yellow Wildclaw. [i]Almost forgot that Sagar and Callan have two pairs of eyes.[/i] “Come on, dance!” Callan teased, and that was the breaking point. Karina rolled her eyes, and with a flick of her tail started dancing. [i]Oh, the grace… the beauty… the terrible coordination…[/i] Yeah. Karina was terrible at dancing. For every step she took, the bipedal dragon would inevitably get some part of the dance wrong, whether it be raising the wrong arm, opening her wings when they were supposed to be closed, or tripping over her own tail which was supposed to be in some weird position. [i]Well. We’ve found one thing she [/i]isn’t[i] good at.[/i] The clan was laughing at the poor Wildclaw’s expense. It was too funny to resist. She felt the warmth of another dragon scoot closer to her and Cameron was whispering in her ear, “She is beauty, she is grace, she will fall flat on her face.” Right at that moment, Karina’s legs got tangled with her tail for what seemed like the thousandth time. She fell right smack onto the ground. Crystal looked incredulously at the white Skydancer. “You incredible forecaster.” Finally, after one minute, the music stopped and the speaker was flung back into the portal. “Do I even want to know where the speaker came from?” Karina asked warily. Sagar grinned. “Nope.” Sighing, Karina sat back down again, glad the ordeal was over. Her gaze flitted over each one of the gathered dragons, before narrowing as a devious grin wandered onto her muzzle. “Scarlett, truth or dare?” Scarlett grimaced. “Truth, I guess.” The red Coatl was the first one to pick truth, and Crystal feared for her clanmate’s sanity. “Do you like West?” Scarlett deadpanned at Karina. “Well, duh-” “As in, do you like West in a romantic way?” The clan roared with excitement. “Nope. We’re just friends.” West nodded emphatically. Immediately the clan seemed to deflate, disappointment clear. Scarlett locked eyes with a certain white dragon. “Cameron. Truth or dare?” Instantly, the white Skydancer froze, and Crystal could literally see the calculations running through his mind. Scarlett had gotten it pretty bad. It was probably better to choose a dare… “D-dare…” he whispered, blue eyes wide with fear. “Please don’t give me anything too bad…” Scarlett laughed. “Oh, don’t worry. It’s nothing to you. I want you to serenade Crystal.” Crystal gaped at the other Coatl. [i]Serenade me? Really? I… I…[/i] Cameron’s crest feathers were twitching in a way that spelled out embarrassment, and as she chanced a glimpse of his eyes she saw that the fathomless depths were churning with anxiety. But, well, it wasn’t like she was much better off. Her traitorous heart was pounding with anticipation and giving her jitters. Finally, Cameron made eye contact, and started to sing. The lyrics blurred in her ears because all she could do was try to remember how to breathe. Cameron’s voice was [i]beautiful[/i]. The song flowed all around her like soothing water, making her heart warm and melt and skip so many beats that she wasn’t sure if she was still alive. Finally, the song came to a stop, and Crystal looked up, breathing heavier than before, to catch Cameron looking straight back at her and singing the last sentence. Her heart stuttered and stopped entirely at the shy smile he gave her. All the whistles and cheers of the clan were a lifetime away because he was the only one registering in her eyes. As he twined his tail with hers, she leaned against him, still wrapped in bliss. [i]Alright. I’m a goner for this Skydancer.[/i][/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nm0z9g1pkrloiln/arcanebottom.png[/img] [size=2]@Petall[/center]
Chapter Thirty
Crystal
arcanetop.png

The sky was a brilliant azure, there were no clouds in sight, and the clan was loath to do anything except laze in the sun. Crystal was starting to get a little bored. It was then that Scarlett gave a last stretch and leaped to her feet. “Anyone up for a game?” she called. Mirage perked up.

“Count me in,” he smiled, dark eyes gleaming with excitement. Crystal shrugged and padded over. Better than doing nothing in the sun, anyway. Where Crystal went, Cameron followed, white plumed tail swishing behind him as he ambled over to the gradually growing congregation in the middle of the clearing.

Callan crashed right into them, as usual, Sagar pulling him back telekinetically with an apologetic look on his muzzle. Callan didn’t seem to mind, however, and flashed his usual naive smile at them. “What game are we playing?” Crystal couldn’t resist the chuckle of mirth that bubbled out of her throat. It was nice to have such an innocent sibling, even if he wasn’t actually blood-related.

“What about Truth or Dare?” Fracture poked his nose into the crowd. Callan yelped in fright and Crystal was very sure he flew at least three feet into the air. Fracture did not look amused.

“You existed?!?” the Mirror screeched, and Sagar facepalmed. Faceclawed? Snoutpalmed? Whatever. At least Fracture was calm enough to not do anything extreme, although he did swat at the smaller dragon with an expression of mock anger. The gathering dissolved into laughter.

Anyway,” Fracture sighed, rolling his eyes, “everyone up for it?” He was met by excited nods. “Alright. Callan, truth or dare?” Callan blinked a few times, thinking. His eyes darted everywhere, as if weighing the dangers of either option.

“Dare.” he finally decided.

“Alright. I dare you to sing the highest-pitched song you know one octave higher.” Sagar groaned and flattened his fins to his head.

“Guys, get ready to have your eardrums blasted into oblivion by my brother who somehow manages to make a love song sound like a battle cry-” His warning came too late. Callan’s voice roared over the open plains and Crystal felt her bones rattle with the volume and insane pitch of his singing. How. The younger Mirror finished with a proud smile, basking in the shocked expressions of his clanmates.

“HOW are you able to belt that high?” Fracture finally forced out, jaws still wide open in shock. “And you sound like you can go even higher… what in the world? There are so many things wrong with this-” Crystal was still stunned. She was sure Callan would be able to belt out the soprano part of a song with no problem.

Still grinning from ear to ear, Callan pointed at Karina. “Truth or dare?” The Wildclaw smirked.

“Dare.”

“I dare you to dance to ‘Glitch Queen’ for one minute. I even have music!” Karina paled. As sympathetic as she was, Crystal couldn’t help the way her lips curled up. Callan poked his brother who sighed in annoyance. “Sagar, the music!”

“Yes, yes, okay. Calm down, you impatient loaf of bread.” For the second time, Crystal wished she had eyebrows because the method of which Sagar got the music was just way too suspicious. A portal opened and out came a speaker. Without warning, music started to blare from the tiny thing, and thirteen, wait no- fifteen pairs of eyes swivelled to look at the yellow Wildclaw. Almost forgot that Sagar and Callan have two pairs of eyes.

“Come on, dance!” Callan teased, and that was the breaking point. Karina rolled her eyes, and with a flick of her tail started dancing. Oh, the grace… the beauty… the terrible coordination… Yeah. Karina was terrible at dancing. For every step she took, the bipedal dragon would inevitably get some part of the dance wrong, whether it be raising the wrong arm, opening her wings when they were supposed to be closed, or tripping over her own tail which was supposed to be in some weird position. Well. We’ve found one thing she isn’t good at. The clan was laughing at the poor Wildclaw’s expense. It was too funny to resist.

She felt the warmth of another dragon scoot closer to her and Cameron was whispering in her ear, “She is beauty, she is grace, she will fall flat on her face.” Right at that moment, Karina’s legs got tangled with her tail for what seemed like the thousandth time. She fell right smack onto the ground. Crystal looked incredulously at the white Skydancer.

“You incredible forecaster.”

Finally, after one minute, the music stopped and the speaker was flung back into the portal. “Do I even want to know where the speaker came from?” Karina asked warily. Sagar grinned.

“Nope.” Sighing, Karina sat back down again, glad the ordeal was over. Her gaze flitted over each one of the gathered dragons, before narrowing as a devious grin wandered onto her muzzle.

“Scarlett, truth or dare?” Scarlett grimaced.

“Truth, I guess.” The red Coatl was the first one to pick truth, and Crystal feared for her clanmate’s sanity.

“Do you like West?” Scarlett deadpanned at Karina.

“Well, duh-”

“As in, do you like West in a romantic way?” The clan roared with excitement.

“Nope. We’re just friends.” West nodded emphatically. Immediately the clan seemed to deflate, disappointment clear. Scarlett locked eyes with a certain white dragon.

“Cameron. Truth or dare?” Instantly, the white Skydancer froze, and Crystal could literally see the calculations running through his mind. Scarlett had gotten it pretty bad. It was probably better to choose a dare…

“D-dare…” he whispered, blue eyes wide with fear. “Please don’t give me anything too bad…”

Scarlett laughed. “Oh, don’t worry. It’s nothing to you. I want you to serenade Crystal.” Crystal gaped at the other Coatl. Serenade me? Really? I… I… Cameron’s crest feathers were twitching in a way that spelled out embarrassment, and as she chanced a glimpse of his eyes she saw that the fathomless depths were churning with anxiety. But, well, it wasn’t like she was much better off. Her traitorous heart was pounding with anticipation and giving her jitters.

Finally, Cameron made eye contact, and started to sing.

The lyrics blurred in her ears because all she could do was try to remember how to breathe. Cameron’s voice was beautiful. The song flowed all around her like soothing water, making her heart warm and melt and skip so many beats that she wasn’t sure if she was still alive. Finally, the song came to a stop, and Crystal looked up, breathing heavier than before, to catch Cameron looking straight back at her and singing the last sentence.

Her heart stuttered and stopped entirely at the shy smile he gave her. All the whistles and cheers of the clan were a lifetime away because he was the only one registering in her eyes. As he twined his tail with hers, she leaned against him, still wrapped in bliss.

Alright. I’m a goner for this Skydancer.

Beautiful! Very Beautiful!
Beautiful! Very Beautiful!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13