Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | DRAGON DIARIES II - Round 5 Complete!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
Oooooh, Shezarni. My respect for her just grew several notches. If nothing else, she highly likely saved everyone a most unpleasant commotion. And... from the point of view of a Plague flight´s member? You gotta do what you gotta do, a dragon as powerful as Urias is always better as an ally than an enemy. Especially since, while his craft might be distasteful to some, he doesn´t seem the type to betray someone or break his word. Honestly just - good call, young lady.
Oooooh, Shezarni. My respect for her just grew several notches. If nothing else, she highly likely saved everyone a most unpleasant commotion. And... from the point of view of a Plague flight´s member? You gotta do what you gotta do, a dragon as powerful as Urias is always better as an ally than an enemy. Especially since, while his craft might be distasteful to some, he doesn´t seem the type to betray someone or break his word. Honestly just - good call, young lady.
[center]~ ~~~ [b][size=5][font=Century Gothic]Day 12 :[/b] [/font][/size][size=5][font=Century Gothic]Duchess[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27213873] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/272139/27213873.png[/img] [/url] [/center][/size][/font] [indent][i][size=5][font=Century Gothic]I was used to Hieroglyph being the arms to hold me up, not the reverse. Not that I’m complaining. My mate had every right to be exhausted. After all, he’d come through for us - not just House Royal-Relicsong but the whole Brightwing Clan. At long last, we were home. “Is he alright?” I turned, instinctively eyeing the speaker with wariness. After all, Romance had a penchant for making even the happiest of occasions go south. “Of course he’s alright,” I replied, stroking my mate’s mane as I cradled his limp body. “Hieroglyph has endured more than most. Before long he’ll be back at full strength.” I raised an eyebrow, softening somewhat. “You’re not looking so good yourself.” Romance leaned back against one of the Academy’s central pillars. “I’ve been better,” the Imperial admitted. Silence slid between us for a moment. After all, what does one say in a moment like this? All my politeness and well-trained manners seemed of little use in this particular situation. But the one who broke the tension was someone who could not speak at all. A joyous coo sounded as a form burst from behind Romance’s robes and clung to my legs. My heart melted as I put together who it was. Sonnet. My granddaughter. As I reached down to stroke the girl with my free arm, my gaze returned to Romance. “You’ve been taking care of her?” “I’ve been taking care of all of them,” he told me. “They’re safe. I promise.” I told myself I would never lower my guard for this dragon again. He was an agent of chaos, a problem just waiting to happen. But despite myself, I felt my heart doing exactly that. I suppose no lines of division are truly permanent. [/i][/indent] [center]~~~ ~[/center]
~
~~~
Day 12 : Duchess
27213873.png
I was used to Hieroglyph being the arms to hold me up, not the reverse. Not that I’m complaining. My mate had every right to be exhausted. After all, he’d come through for us - not just House Royal-Relicsong but the whole Brightwing Clan.

At long last, we were home.

“Is he alright?”

I turned, instinctively eyeing the speaker with wariness. After all, Romance had a penchant for making even the happiest of occasions go south. “Of course he’s alright,” I replied, stroking my mate’s mane as I cradled his limp body. “Hieroglyph has endured more than most. Before long he’ll be back at full strength.” I raised an eyebrow, softening somewhat. “You’re not looking so good yourself.”

Romance leaned back against one of the Academy’s central pillars. “I’ve been better,” the Imperial admitted.

Silence slid between us for a moment. After all, what does one say in a moment like this? All my politeness and well-trained manners seemed of little use in this particular situation. But the one who broke the tension was someone who could not speak at all. A joyous coo sounded as a form burst from behind Romance’s robes and clung to my legs. My heart melted as I put together who it was.

Sonnet. My granddaughter.

As I reached down to stroke the girl with my free arm, my gaze returned to Romance. “You’ve been taking care of her?”

“I’ve been taking care of all of them,” he told me. “They’re safe. I promise.”
I told myself I would never lower my guard for this dragon again. He was an agent of chaos, a problem just waiting to happen. But despite myself, I felt my heart doing exactly that.

I suppose no lines of division are truly permanent.
~~~
~
TpW6gwi.png
First of all, I´m vibing with your broadcast so much. Ack!

But anyway. I have a feeling that Blitz´ fate is one of those things that are supposed to stay secret? Or did he just... end up like Enki?

Also... with the talk about succession and all that... do you plan to actually get rid of some of your big players at some point? Just... curious, I guess.

And I most certainly plan on being there for the next! :D
First of all, I´m vibing with your broadcast so much. Ack!

But anyway. I have a feeling that Blitz´ fate is one of those things that are supposed to stay secret? Or did he just... end up like Enki?

Also... with the talk about succession and all that... do you plan to actually get rid of some of your big players at some point? Just... curious, I guess.

And I most certainly plan on being there for the next! :D
Morigan - You're correct that Blitz's fate is meant to remain mysterious for now. (Though I will say, even Enki might not be gone forever - he is, after all, a robot, and those can be rebuilt...) And I can assure you that I never intend to get rid of my bigger players. (I'm way too attached to them, hehe.) Succession is more about shuffling the leadership roles so that younger generations get a chance to be in control while the older ones get a restful(???) retirement. :D One last thing about Blitz, though... He would look kind of cool as a Veilspun, hmm? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=72&bodygene=72&breed=19&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=160&tertgene=68&winggene=70&wings=72&auth=974cd5e899faa3e3097af1393769e9d2d6612169&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Morigan - You're correct that Blitz's fate is meant to remain mysterious for now. (Though I will say, even Enki might not be gone forever - he is, after all, a robot, and those can be rebuilt...)

And I can assure you that I never intend to get rid of my bigger players. (I'm way too attached to them, hehe.) Succession is more about shuffling the leadership roles so that younger generations get a chance to be in control while the older ones get a restful(???) retirement. :D

One last thing about Blitz, though...
He would look kind of cool as a Veilspun, hmm?
dragon?age=1&body=72&bodygene=72&breed=19&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=160&tertgene=68&winggene=70&wings=72&auth=974cd5e899faa3e3097af1393769e9d2d6612169&dummyext=prev.png
TpW6gwi.png
Whoa-whoa-whoa...! Okay, that would be cool, I kinda liked the guy. He seemed fun. It´s just that I kinda expected his memory bits not to have stayed intact... :D

Yay! Glad to hear that. It gets a little sad when a good writer like you decides to purge... y´know?

Wowzie, yeah, he would. :D
Whoa-whoa-whoa...! Okay, that would be cool, I kinda liked the guy. He seemed fun. It´s just that I kinda expected his memory bits not to have stayed intact... :D

Yay! Glad to hear that. It gets a little sad when a good writer like you decides to purge... y´know?

Wowzie, yeah, he would. :D
mmm what a GOOD round of dragon diaries
sonnet's gotten a little older and the dragons are back and this is all just lovely to read
<3

Gonna need to revamp my lore after this semester ends, your writing is inspiring~
mmm what a GOOD round of dragon diaries
sonnet's gotten a little older and the dragons are back and this is all just lovely to read
<3

Gonna need to revamp my lore after this semester ends, your writing is inspiring~
lapis+rose
28 they/them
Thaaaank you @roselapis ! Since I know how good of a lore writer you are, I look forward to the update! Also super appreciate our clan RP without which characters like Sonnet would not exist :D
Thaaaank you @roselapis ! Since I know how good of a lore writer you are, I look forward to the update! Also super appreciate our clan RP without which characters like Sonnet would not exist :D
TpW6gwi.png
It is DRAGON DIARIES time, guys! :D FR just came out with a wonderfully creepy new ancient breed - our two-headed [b]Aberrations[/b]. So of course I had to run wild with some new lore for them, resulting in a new round of entries! Once again you can expect 12 entries written in the perspective of 12 different dragons, [b]updated daily[/b] until the round is complete. [center]~ ~~~ [b][size=5][font=Century Gothic]Day 1 :[/b] [/font][/size][size=5][font=Century Gothic]Khufu[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=75336858] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/753369/75336858.png[/img] [/url] [/center][/size][/font] [indent][i][size=5][font=Century Gothic]The scent of rot filtered through the air. A normal dragon likely would not have sensed it. But, I’d been seeking it – nostrils flaring as I took a whiff and breathed in deep. The distinct, bitter edge just about made me gag, and yet it gave proof to my speculations: the Aberrations were here in the Sunlit Ruins. The Plaguebringer’s ancient spawn brought their foul stench wherever they trod. And as I knew well, they also brought carnage. Unless I found them first. I reached toward the cutlass at my hip, cradling the golden hilt in my palm. I could almost feel its will to be drawn, to slice a swift stroke through the wind. I always kept my blade polished and pristine, and of course, diligently sharpened. After all, it was not enough to lob off one of the loathsome creature’s heads. An Aberration is a creature of two minds, but it can run just as well on one – and its first act is usually to deal vengeance for the loss of the other. A warrior must be swift to remove both before the creature’s fury renders him into a bloody, mangled mess. Fortunately, I had trained specifically for this. I did not know what foul source awakened the ancient fiends to walk Sornieth once again. But, I had witnessed their desolation. First, a single Aberration infiltrates an unsuspecting clan. Sly and cunning, the Aberration persuades the clan to lower their guard, let in more. Just one. Then another, and another. At last, their Queen arrives. The charade ends, and they wreak their havoc – delighting in the violence, laughing as gore hangs from their claws. I’ve seen it happen many times. I had to, in order to track them, learn their ways – and each time was just as gristly and horrifying as the first. Each time, my will grew stronger. They were as monstrous as their name suggested, and they must be stopped. I would end them all. [/i][/indent] [center]~~~ ~[/center]
It is DRAGON DIARIES time, guys! :D

FR just came out with a wonderfully creepy new ancient breed - our two-headed Aberrations. So of course I had to run wild with some new lore for them, resulting in a new round of entries!

Once again you can expect 12 entries written in the perspective of 12 different dragons, updated daily until the round is complete.
~
~~~
Day 1 : Khufu
75336858.png
The scent of rot filtered through the air.

A normal dragon likely would not have sensed it. But, I’d been seeking it – nostrils flaring as I took a whiff and breathed in deep. The distinct, bitter edge just about made me gag, and yet it gave proof to my speculations: the Aberrations were here in the Sunlit Ruins. The Plaguebringer’s ancient spawn brought their foul stench wherever they trod. And as I knew well, they also brought carnage.

Unless I found them first.

I reached toward the cutlass at my hip, cradling the golden hilt in my palm. I could almost feel its will to be drawn, to slice a swift stroke through the wind. I always kept my blade polished and pristine, and of course, diligently sharpened. After all, it was not enough to lob off one of the loathsome creature’s heads. An Aberration is a creature of two minds, but it can run just as well on one – and its first act is usually to deal vengeance for the loss of the other. A warrior must be swift to remove both before the creature’s fury renders him into a bloody, mangled mess.

Fortunately, I had trained specifically for this.

I did not know what foul source awakened the ancient fiends to walk Sornieth once again. But, I had witnessed their desolation. First, a single Aberration infiltrates an unsuspecting clan. Sly and cunning, the Aberration persuades the clan to lower their guard, let in more. Just one. Then another, and another. At last, their Queen arrives. The charade ends, and they wreak their havoc – delighting in the violence, laughing as gore hangs from their claws.

I’ve seen it happen many times. I had to, in order to track them, learn their ways – and each time was just as gristly and horrifying as the first. Each time, my will grew stronger. They were as monstrous as their name suggested, and they must be stopped. I would end them all.
~~~
~
TpW6gwi.png
Woohoo! I love your diaries series, looking forward to the updates for this round!
Woohoo! I love your diaries series, looking forward to the updates for this round!
watershieldl.png85421520.png21406.png24305546.pngfireshieldr.png
You live! Hiiiii! What a lovely surprise for the Diaries to open again! :D And with such new lore right from the start, too... infiltrators, hmm? Or is that what Khufu would like us to believe... *squints at him*

Also, Seriel nags me to send her regards and profound apologies for not having sent word for such a long time.
You live! Hiiiii! What a lovely surprise for the Diaries to open again! :D And with such new lore right from the start, too... infiltrators, hmm? Or is that what Khufu would like us to believe... *squints at him*

Also, Seriel nags me to send her regards and profound apologies for not having sent word for such a long time.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15