Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lore The Dragon Above You!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@hyef, oh, im sorry, i promise it wasnt on purpose,,,
(skip)
@hyef, oh, im sorry, i promise it wasnt on purpose,,,
(skip)
tumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.pngvee | it/its | +3 FR time | PWYW arttumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.png
CDEDBE49-F090-441-B-9239-31-F580-D3992-B.png
p3Lr8aR.pngACOZFAh.pngrQfqxOq.png
1YB0OjO.pngrI18gRz.png7Iu4Ec0.png
@Hyef, if you like I can do yours in a DM. Can I ask what a Naomi descendant is?
@Hyef, if you like I can do yours in a DM. Can I ask what a Naomi descendant is?
in7SefG.png
@CrashingKitten it’s fine I forgive you it’s not a big deal or anything sorry if I sounded rude

@PsychosisDragon
Naomi was a huge glitch that happened
Hope this helps; http://the-gayest-asexual.tumblr.com/post/138076372631/all-about-naomi-for-those-who-have-no-idea-whats

[skip me]
@CrashingKitten it’s fine I forgive you it’s not a big deal or anything sorry if I sounded rude

@PsychosisDragon
Naomi was a huge glitch that happened
Hope this helps; http://the-gayest-asexual.tumblr.com/post/138076372631/all-about-naomi-for-those-who-have-no-idea-whats

[skip me]
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
@JiinxJelli [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54361620] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/543617/54361620_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]"Surely you don't intend to [i]fight[/i] them, Wraith?!" The clan elder had sputtered, aghast at the sheer boldness of their resident mage. Sure, Wraithkiss was known for being an excellent magician who was unparalleled in spellweaving, but he was no warrior. The spiral in question only turned away from the elder, a steely resolve within his eyes. "With all due respect, they have stolen away the last of my [i]family[/i]. I only have my son, you know what happened to my dearest Dawn." Upon remembering the departed skydancer, he visibly deflated. Those two had always been inseparable, surprising nobody when they laid a nest. Her death was a huge blow to the mage, and he had never been the same since that horrible attack. Wraith's expression darkened as he snarled out one final comment. "Those serthii are demons, and I [i]will[/i] take back what's mine." With that being said, his wings snapped open like emerald war flags, and he sped off into the night. As his form disappeared on the horizon, the elder took a couple steps forward and watched. "May the Arcanist be with you, Wraithkiss."[/quote] Take your pick out of the first tab, Illestoke. ^^
@JiinxJelli

54361620_350.png

Quote:
"Surely you don't intend to fight them, Wraith?!" The clan elder had sputtered, aghast at the sheer boldness of their resident mage. Sure, Wraithkiss was known for being an excellent magician who was unparalleled in spellweaving, but he was no warrior. The spiral in question only turned away from the elder, a steely resolve within his eyes.

"With all due respect, they have stolen away the last of my family. I only have my son, you know what happened to my dearest Dawn." Upon remembering the departed skydancer, he visibly deflated. Those two had always been inseparable, surprising nobody when they laid a nest. Her death was a huge blow to the mage, and he had never been the same since that horrible attack. Wraith's expression darkened as he snarled out one final comment. "Those serthii are demons, and I will take back what's mine." With that being said, his wings snapped open like emerald war flags, and he sped off into the night. As his form disappeared on the horizon, the elder took a couple steps forward and watched.

"May the Arcanist be with you, Wraithkiss."

Take your pick out of the first tab, Illestoke. ^^
@Pastie For [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44111228]this[/url] absolutely [i]stunning[/i] girl. I’m in love! [quote]Through the pale fog of an autumn morning, a lone mirror can be seen at the tree line, easy to miss among the leafless branches. No, thats not a mirror -though it seems to be at 1st glance; it’s true nature is betrayed by the haunted mask -or is that it’s face?- and grasping hands, that almost seem to...become its wings. Whatever it is, it most certainly is [i]not[/i] a dragon. [i]It[/i] pierces you with its stare, all six eyes focused, unblinking, on you. It’s wings-hands? It’s hard make out it’s shape now that it’s noticed you- suddenly go very, very still. The forest seem to be holding its breath. The creature steps towards you and you take a step back. Another step, and the leaves kick up, obscuring your sight and surrounding the creature. But when the wind dies down, you look to find...nothing. Silence. The only sound that can be heard is the low, distant moan of the wind and a faint crunching of leaves behind you...[/quote] Next up, anyone [i]not[/i] in my sales tab is fair game
@Pastie

For this absolutely stunning girl. I’m in love!
Quote:
Through the pale fog of an autumn morning, a lone mirror can be seen at the tree line, easy to miss among the leafless branches. No, thats not a mirror -though it seems to be at 1st glance; it’s true nature is betrayed by the haunted mask -or is that it’s face?- and grasping hands, that almost seem to...become its wings. Whatever it is, it most certainly is not a dragon.

It pierces you with its stare, all six eyes focused, unblinking, on you. It’s wings-hands? It’s hard make out it’s shape now that it’s noticed you- suddenly go very, very still. The forest seem to be holding its breath. The creature steps towards you and you take a step back. Another step, and the leaves kick up, obscuring your sight and surrounding the creature. But when the wind dies down, you look to find...nothing. Silence. The only sound that can be heard is the low, distant moan of the wind and a faint crunching of leaves behind you...

Next up, anyone not in my sales tab is fair game
@Wraith296 your lore is really interesting and when i read about the library i just couldn't stop myself from taking my own spin of Eel, her disappearing mate and the question of how sentient i can make a building be lol, hope you enjoy it! [s]tried my best to spy any mistakes and errors but have mercy, English is not my first language whoops[/s] [quote name=Farvel]The library shuddered once, then twice, the walls shifted and expanded before collapsing in itself. Silence. And then- A steady rhythm took ahold of the building, books quivering in shelves and scrolls rolling onto the floor, spreading out and crisscrossing over each other. The air shifted and where before dust had been lazily dancing through the air it now swirled in invisible currents, a howling took ahold of the silence and smashed it into pieces, a sound of fury and anger, of loss and weeping, the wail rose. Mushrooms shrunk back, taking shelter from the power permeating the air, and where before it seemed like you could not escape from seeing them overgrowing everywhere they now restricted themselves to the corners of the eyes. The wind pressed onwards, the power seeking and searching, clashing against walls and deadness, rattling windows and doors, until dispersing in a sudden howl against the front entrance. Silence. And then- Whispers. Low whispers. [i]Gone, gone, gone[/i]. Shelves righted themselves, books slowly shuffling in their rows and scrolls dancing over the floor to right themselves up again. The fire lightening the walls flickered, its warming aura shrinking until it flickered again, growing brighter. But something was different. [i]Gone, gone, gone[/i]. Something had leached some of the warmth from it. When [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=240987&tab=dragon&did=44218262]Eel [/url] stepped into the library hours later, hours after her life-mate had disappeared, and there was something hollow in her gaze and she began her work with mechanical precision. In the corner of her eyes the mushrooms shuddered but before they could take to the shelves again a sudden gust of cold air teared through them warningly and they shrunk back. A sorrowful whisper buzzed somewhere in a tiny corner of Eels mind and she rubbed her eyes with a claw tiredly. Strange, she thought, change seems to be in the air tonight. She heaved a sigh and focused on the books before her, no time to speculate, things needed to be done. And somewhere in the depths of the library a dripping sound could be heard, slow but steady, and if Eel had listened a bit closer and followed it she would have found a tattered manuscript, damp and dirty, slowly dripping ink like tears from its pages. [/quote] ------------ anyone [b]not[/b] in my sale tab is fair game, most of my lair can be found in my hib den you can find a bit of an overview of my clan's lore [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2799808#post_41737265]here[/url]
@Wraith296
your lore is really interesting and when i read about the library i just couldn't stop myself from taking my own spin of Eel, her disappearing mate and the question of how sentient i can make a building be lol, hope you enjoy it!
tried my best to spy any mistakes and errors but have mercy, English is not my first language whoops
Farvel wrote:
The library shuddered once, then twice, the walls shifted and expanded before collapsing in itself. Silence. And then-
A steady rhythm took ahold of the building, books quivering in shelves and scrolls rolling onto the floor, spreading out and crisscrossing over each other. The air shifted and where before dust had been lazily dancing through the air it now swirled in invisible currents, a howling took ahold of the silence and smashed it into pieces, a sound of fury and anger, of loss and weeping, the wail rose. Mushrooms shrunk back, taking shelter from the power permeating the air, and where before it seemed like you could not escape from seeing them overgrowing everywhere they now restricted themselves to the corners of the eyes. The wind pressed onwards, the power seeking and searching, clashing against walls and deadness, rattling windows and doors, until dispersing in a sudden howl against the front entrance.
Silence. And then-
Whispers. Low whispers. Gone, gone, gone. Shelves righted themselves, books slowly shuffling in their rows and scrolls dancing over the floor to right themselves up again. The fire lightening the walls flickered, its warming aura shrinking until it flickered again, growing brighter. But something was different. Gone, gone, gone. Something had leached some of the warmth from it.

When Eel stepped into the library hours later, hours after her life-mate had disappeared, and there was something hollow in her gaze and she began her work with mechanical precision. In the corner of her eyes the mushrooms shuddered but before they could take to the shelves again a sudden gust of cold air teared through them warningly and they shrunk back. A sorrowful whisper buzzed somewhere in a tiny corner of Eels mind and she rubbed her eyes with a claw tiredly.
Strange, she thought, change seems to be in the air tonight. She heaved a sigh and focused on the books before her, no time to speculate, things needed to be done.
And somewhere in the depths of the library a dripping sound could be heard, slow but steady, and if Eel had listened a bit closer and followed it she would have found a tattered manuscript, damp and dirty, slowly dripping ink like tears from its pages.

anyone not in my sale tab is fair game, most of my lair can be found in my hib den
you can find a bit of an overview of my clan's lore here
1fc2ff2e949a1329055d354d1c111a4e.png
@Farvel
Sorry if none of this corresponds with your lore, I just really liked the way Hariasa looked. She's gorgeous!

Quote:
This girl, was born with a fire inside of her and this world was determined to stamp it out. She will see it when she stands up for herself and she was told ‘it isn't ladylike to raise your voice’. She heard it when she first met someone outside of the clan. It was a guardian, monstrous and black, with eyes of fire and a face of scars. He gave her a look of disapproval, shaking his head with a frown. Hariasa was confused as to why he was so disappointed, they had never even met before.

The sky was a dusty blue that day, the clouds moved fast and the sun was hidden away from sight. There was a strong breeze that tore through the trees, carrying leaves and the broken petals of flowers. It howled in between the branches as it swept through the domain. The banescale was only out to talk a short walk, to clear her mind to get some creative inspiration.

It was unexpected when she bumped into the guardian, scaring her enough to make her squeal. It made her feel ashamed, the way he looked at her, it made her feel wrong like she was guilty of something. But what that was, she did not know. Hariasa was not used to feeling such an emotion, one that could make her feel inferior to him. But as she clenched her claws together, the rustling of paper caught her attention. It was a drawing, one that was made by a dear friend of hers. It was a little messy, lines wobbly and uneven, but she treasured it.

She remembered the day she was given it, her friend was hella excited about something she didn't know. But when she was presented with the drawing, it was all made clear. The excitement in her eyes warmed Hariasa’s heart, the dragon was so happy and hopeful she looked like she could burst. This memory made the banescale feel better, made her feel more confident.

She couldn't quite remember what else had happened after that, she was so caught up in the emotion that it was a little blurry. It was an experience she would never forget, she thought as she gazed at her finished work. It was a small figurine, just big enough to fit in her talon, and was tinted a soft blue. The face was scratched over, its eyes red. The form was that of a guardian, just like the one she saw, and it was proudly stood on her desk.

She would never let someone take the flames within her soul. Instead, she would burn brighter than the sun, brighter than ever before. Because she is the daughter of the sun, a forger of the flames, and she belongs to only herself, not this world.

Any of my dragons are up for grabs!
@Farvel
Sorry if none of this corresponds with your lore, I just really liked the way Hariasa looked. She's gorgeous!

Quote:
This girl, was born with a fire inside of her and this world was determined to stamp it out. She will see it when she stands up for herself and she was told ‘it isn't ladylike to raise your voice’. She heard it when she first met someone outside of the clan. It was a guardian, monstrous and black, with eyes of fire and a face of scars. He gave her a look of disapproval, shaking his head with a frown. Hariasa was confused as to why he was so disappointed, they had never even met before.

The sky was a dusty blue that day, the clouds moved fast and the sun was hidden away from sight. There was a strong breeze that tore through the trees, carrying leaves and the broken petals of flowers. It howled in between the branches as it swept through the domain. The banescale was only out to talk a short walk, to clear her mind to get some creative inspiration.

It was unexpected when she bumped into the guardian, scaring her enough to make her squeal. It made her feel ashamed, the way he looked at her, it made her feel wrong like she was guilty of something. But what that was, she did not know. Hariasa was not used to feeling such an emotion, one that could make her feel inferior to him. But as she clenched her claws together, the rustling of paper caught her attention. It was a drawing, one that was made by a dear friend of hers. It was a little messy, lines wobbly and uneven, but she treasured it.

She remembered the day she was given it, her friend was hella excited about something she didn't know. But when she was presented with the drawing, it was all made clear. The excitement in her eyes warmed Hariasa’s heart, the dragon was so happy and hopeful she looked like she could burst. This memory made the banescale feel better, made her feel more confident.

She couldn't quite remember what else had happened after that, she was so caught up in the emotion that it was a little blurry. It was an experience she would never forget, she thought as she gazed at her finished work. It was a small figurine, just big enough to fit in her talon, and was tinted a soft blue. The face was scratched over, its eyes red. The form was that of a guardian, just like the one she saw, and it was proudly stood on her desk.

She would never let someone take the flames within her soul. Instead, she would burn brighter than the sun, brighter than ever before. Because she is the daughter of the sun, a forger of the flames, and she belongs to only herself, not this world.

Any of my dragons are up for grabs!
SCCavIOP_o.png
@MaidOfTheDamned I just made up something so ! If it don't fit the dragon, feel free to use it for one of your others 'n change the name lol! [quote][center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54554433] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/545545/54554433.png[/img] [/url] Strength; without it, they wouldn't need her. If she hadn't had it there's no telling where she'd be, let alone if she'd even be part of a clan at all - but thankfully her training had paid off, as it gave her a prominent spot within the clan, defending those weaker from the beast-clans and, worst case scenario, other dragons. Of course she'd had to prove her strength to obtain her spot within the clan, yes, she can remember the trial as though it'd been yesterday. She'd been sent into the ruins - or rather, to the outskirts of them. At the time there'd been a group of roosting harpies that'd taken hold of the area, punishing any dragons that dared to approach which on it's own wasn't too great of a problem, they could be avoided - that is until the harpies began to expand their territory. Fate's objective was only to prevent the harpies from taking over any further territory, but if she did only that, then what? Couldn't [i]anyone[/i] just drive their forces back? No, she'd take it a step farther and drive them out entirely; it was a grisly battle, but nevertheless days later she'd return to the clan, bloody, bruised, but victorious. To this day she recounts the event fondly, despite how heinous the next few weeks of recovery had been - what matters is that she'd proved herself, she could pull her own weight, be of value to the clan and above all, receiving her place on Radiant Peak. It's there she basks with the others, equal to them, no longer an outsider to the clan, no longer just 'some dragon' wishing to join the clan - she was Fate of strength. [/center][/quote] Please write for this dragon below! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10957975] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/109580/10957975_350.png[/img] [/url] There's no info on her - so go ham !
@MaidOfTheDamned

I just made up something so ! If it don't fit the dragon, feel free to use it for one of your others 'n change the name lol!
Quote:

54554433.png

Strength; without it, they wouldn't need her. If she hadn't had it there's no telling where she'd be, let alone if she'd even be part of a clan at all - but thankfully her training had paid off, as it gave her a prominent spot within the clan, defending those weaker from the beast-clans and, worst case scenario, other dragons. Of course she'd had to prove her strength to obtain her spot within the clan, yes, she can remember the trial as though it'd been yesterday.

She'd been sent into the ruins - or rather, to the outskirts of them. At the time there'd been a group of roosting harpies that'd taken hold of the area, punishing any dragons that dared to approach which on it's own wasn't too great of a problem, they could be avoided - that is until the harpies began to expand their territory. Fate's objective was only to prevent the harpies from taking over any further territory, but if she did only that, then what? Couldn't anyone just drive their forces back? No, she'd take it a step farther and drive them out entirely; it was a grisly battle, but nevertheless days later she'd return to the clan, bloody, bruised, but victorious.

To this day she recounts the event fondly, despite how heinous the next few weeks of recovery had been - what matters is that she'd proved herself, she could pull her own weight, be of value to the clan and above all, receiving her place on Radiant Peak. It's there she basks with the others, equal to them, no longer an outsider to the clan, no longer just 'some dragon' wishing to join the clan - she was Fate of strength.

Please write for this dragon below!

10957975_350.png

There's no info on her - so go ham !
Hi!! I'll put something more interesting here... someday...
Bump~
Bump~
cf0k0az.png
@Jaynk Hope this works for you, so far as just makin' some kind of lore up? [quote] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10957975] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/109580/10957975p.png[/img] [/url][/center] Brecon is so very, very lost, almost all of the time. Not in a bad way - it's hard to be lost in a bad way, really, because being lost means more opportunity to explore, to speak to others, to become un-lost - but she has places to be, usually, and for all that the winds come to her call, the winds don't usually know where she needs to go either. She looks to her familiar, and her familiar looks back and shrugs in that way only spirit animals can. A breeze cards through her frills, and Brecon looks up. In the distance, a storm brews. Though ordinarily she'd be tempted to test the thick grey cloud, the air tugs opposite, away, and, well. She did just come from that stormy way just last week. Or, so says her maps. And she's being called away, to the east, to places the scrolls and papers in the canisters at her hip can't tell her about yet. That's as good a reason as any to turn off from any buds of a plan in her head. Wide-eyed and eager, Brecon flares her wings and flies. What new things would greet her eyes today? [/quote] Any dragons are fair game, save for those in the newcomers tab — please don't pick them! Though in the end it's up to you who to choose. ^^ Feel free to deviate from personal dragon lore (unless it's one of the seven, I'd prefer their... big thing not be removed, at least.)
@Jaynk

Hope this works for you, so far as just makin' some kind of lore up?
Quote:

Brecon is so very, very lost, almost all of the time.

Not in a bad way - it's hard to be lost in a bad way, really, because being lost means more opportunity to explore, to speak to others, to become un-lost - but she has places to be, usually, and for all that the winds come to her call, the winds don't usually know where she needs to go either. She looks to her familiar, and her familiar looks back and shrugs in that way only spirit animals can.

A breeze cards through her frills, and Brecon looks up. In the distance, a storm brews. Though ordinarily she'd be tempted to test the thick grey cloud, the air tugs opposite, away, and, well. She did just come from that stormy way just last week. Or, so says her maps. And she's being called away, to the east, to places the scrolls and papers in the canisters at her hip can't tell her about yet. That's as good a reason as any to turn off from any buds of a plan in her head.

Wide-eyed and eager, Brecon flares her wings and flies. What new things would greet her eyes today?

Any dragons are fair game, save for those in the newcomers tab — please don't pick them! Though in the end it's up to you who to choose. ^^ Feel free to deviate from personal dragon lore (unless it's one of the seven, I'd prefer their... big thing not be removed, at least.)
maZIx4r.pngaC2MxeX.pngqbN1OYl.pngACOZFAh.pngcIEO3vJ.png WL
1 2 3 4 5 6