Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pearl's Lore (WIP)
Please don't post here! I want the lore to be concise and flowing for easy reading.

If you want to make a suggestion or find an error that I didn't notice, please post on this thread Pearl's Lore: Suggestions and Corrections. This will be slow going as I want to get commissions for illustrations as well as difficulties in formatting and rewriting, but I have a good start now. :)
Please don't post here! I want the lore to be concise and flowing for easy reading.

If you want to make a suggestion or find an error that I didn't notice, please post on this thread Pearl's Lore: Suggestions and Corrections. This will be slow going as I want to get commissions for illustrations as well as difficulties in formatting and rewriting, but I have a good start now. :)
f3ddYmI.pngcib7xC4.png43VGxJT.png
[center][b][u]PROLOGUE[/u][/b][/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/oC5paJL.gif[/img] PlaceHolder Thanks [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=290544]celebie[/url][nextcol][indent][size=4]It was hard to breathe. The wind kept tearing the air away from my mouth and nose. What I was able to breathlessly gasp for burned my lungs, and puffed like smoke with each breath. I gasped again; my muscles trembled from the strain of bracing against the wind. I tried desperately to pull my scarf up to cover my snuffling nose. However, the scarf would not cooperate, flapping wildly as another gust of wind pushed me back towards the precipice. I managed to catch myself, digging my claws into the hard ground and heaving myself forward. My hands, already stiff and bleeding, dug at the snowbank before me in the hopes of making a little tunnel to hide in. But the snow was too soft, too fresh; it simply collapsed and covered my already frozen feet, giving the wind an opportunity to smack me in the face once again. I squinted against the wind, scanning for anything that can shelter me from the storm. A vast snowy landscape stretched before me, smooth and devoid of blemish, beneath a soft grey sky. The wind was just visible, sending wave after wave of snowflakes in my direction. My heart grew heavy. [i]No, I must look harder[/i].[/columns][/size] [size=3]But there was nothing. Anything that could have protected me was now hidden beneath the snow. I began to stiffly climb over the snowbank, my movements slow and jerky from the cold. As I continued to scan the horizon for literally anything, an unusual spot against the blinding white caught my attention. It grew clearer and larger until I could make the fuzzy outline of a dragon slowly walking on the horizon, seemingly unaffected by the storm. [i]Mom?[/i] The figure paused, its silhouette turning as if to face me. [i]M-Mom![/i] My fins barely moved. The world seemed to hold still for just a brief moment, the howl of the wind softening to a low hum, as the figure and I stared at one another. Then the figure began to turn away. The full fury of the storm crashed into me, obscuring my silent screams, [i]No! Mom! Please wait! Don't leave me, don't go! Please! Mom![/i] But the figure did not listen, and began to fade behind the swirling winds. In a desperate attempt to signal her in case she could not see my fins, I threw open my wings. [i]MOM![/i] The wind bit its sharp numbing fangs into me. I gasped, trying to close my wings back around myself for warmth. The wind swirled beneath the canopy of my wings, and, though it was only for a second , it was just enough to lift me off the ground and into the full mercy of the storm. I whipped and spun completely out of control, like a dead leaf against the wind. I could not make heads or tails of which direction I was facing; there was only white. Then my heart leapt into my mouth as the sensation of falling washed over my numb body. [b]Crack! crick crick Splash![/b] My body slammed against the hard ice and plummeted through. Fire raked my body, almost paralyzing me from shock and cold. My scarf choked me, dragging me down to the dark depths below. With the last of my strength, I shot myself out of the hole in the ice onto the snowy bank. The wind raked my soaking body, sinking its fangs deep into my muscles and my mind, sapping all of my strength and coherence. As my vision began to blur, a dark something came into my line of sight. It stared at me, its fur billowing wildly, completely unfazed by the storm. It took something from around its neck and began wrapping it around me. It was warm and soft as it wrapped around me, before it too became cold and wet against my body. [i]Mom.....don't..................go.......................[/i]The figure turned away. [i]Don't.................[/i]I was too cold, too numb, too tired. As my vision faded to darkness, so too did the figure fade into the white storm. The last thing I remembered was the wind calling my name in many different voices. [i]Mom.........................................[/i][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2740944/1][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/66947c447bb6d463dfc0c3eceacc92ab/ed1f07517f3643e6-67/s540x810/40f81762d60f8dbf850751fc731347fc62ffed23.png[/img][/url] [center]PlaceHolder Thanks osstali[/center]
PROLOGUE
oC5paJL.gif PlaceHolder Thanks celebie
It was hard to breathe. The wind kept tearing the air away from my mouth and nose. What I was able to breathlessly gasp for burned my lungs, and puffed like smoke with each breath. I gasped again; my muscles trembled from the strain of bracing against the wind.

I tried desperately to pull my scarf up to cover my snuffling nose. However, the scarf would not cooperate, flapping wildly as another gust of wind pushed me back towards the precipice. I managed to catch myself, digging my claws into the hard ground and heaving myself forward. My hands, already stiff and bleeding, dug at the snowbank before me in the hopes of making a little tunnel to hide in. But the snow was too soft, too fresh; it simply collapsed and covered my already frozen feet, giving the wind an opportunity to smack me in the face once again.

I squinted against the wind, scanning for anything that can shelter me from the storm. A vast snowy landscape stretched before me, smooth and devoid of blemish, beneath a soft grey sky. The wind was just visible, sending wave after wave of snowflakes in my direction. My heart grew heavy. No, I must look harder.

But there was nothing. Anything that could have protected me was now hidden beneath the snow.

I began to stiffly climb over the snowbank, my movements slow and jerky from the cold. As I continued to scan the horizon for literally anything, an unusual spot against the blinding white caught my attention. It grew clearer and larger until I could make the fuzzy outline of a dragon slowly walking on the horizon, seemingly unaffected by the storm.

Mom?

The figure paused, its silhouette turning as if to face me. M-Mom! My fins barely moved. The world seemed to hold still for just a brief moment, the howl of the wind softening to a low hum, as the figure and I stared at one another. Then the figure began to turn away.

The full fury of the storm crashed into me, obscuring my silent screams, No! Mom! Please wait! Don't leave me, don't go! Please! Mom! But the figure did not listen, and began to fade behind the swirling winds. In a desperate attempt to signal her in case she could not see my fins, I threw open my wings. MOM!

The wind bit its sharp numbing fangs into me. I gasped, trying to close my wings back around myself for warmth. The wind swirled beneath the canopy of my wings, and, though it was only for a second , it was just enough to lift me off the ground and into the full mercy of the storm.

I whipped and spun completely out of control, like a dead leaf against the wind. I could not make heads or tails of which direction I was facing; there was only white. Then my heart leapt into my mouth as the sensation of falling washed over my numb body.

Crack! crick crick Splash! My body slammed against the hard ice and plummeted through. Fire raked my body, almost paralyzing me from shock and cold. My scarf choked me, dragging me down to the dark depths below. With the last of my strength, I shot myself out of the hole in the ice onto the snowy bank.

The wind raked my soaking body, sinking its fangs deep into my muscles and my mind, sapping all of my strength and coherence. As my vision began to blur, a dark something came into my line of sight. It stared at me, its fur billowing wildly, completely unfazed by the storm. It took something from around its neck and began wrapping it around me. It was warm and soft as it wrapped around me, before it too became cold and wet against my body.

Mom.....don't..................go.......................The figure turned away. Don't.................I was too cold, too numb, too tired. As my vision faded to darkness, so too did the figure fade into the white storm. The last thing I remembered was the wind calling my name in many different voices. Mom.........................................

40f81762d60f8dbf850751fc731347fc62ffed23.png
PlaceHolder Thanks osstali
CHAPTER 1: The Placement Test

I gasped, my eyes flying open in panic. I sat up and stared around me panting. It took a few minutes for me to remember where I was. Ah that's right. I'm at the Cloudscrape Crags for my test.
CHAPTER 1: The Placement Test

I gasped, my eyes flying open in panic. I sat up and stared around me panting. It took a few minutes for me to remember where I was. Ah that's right. I'm at the Cloudscrape Crags for my test.